Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Arsonide posted:

Is there a build I should be going for right now, I hate league start because I like to use poe.ninja to figure out my own build, but it's never indexed on the first day...and while I'm waiting for it to index I lose interest and get busy with work. I feel like builds are going to be weird for a good long time with all these new cluster jewel skills.

Everything that has worked continues to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Animate Weapon trip report: I'm not sure I'm digging this skill. It kills bosses fast enough I guess. But you have to resummon them 14-loving-times every time you zone, and having to rely on a blade spell to generate the weapons is getting tiresome. It's a huge step up from the old spell, don't get me wrong. But I have a feeling this isn't going to be for me.

Unfortunately, since I'm a Witch my respec options are somewhat limited given what I wanted to run this league. I might try and convert this thing over to a spellslinger wander when I get to maps.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

KirbyKhan posted:

Everything that has worked continues to work.

how good is mana guardian now after all the nerfs

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Vasudus posted:

Animate Weapon trip report: I'm not sure I'm digging this skill. It kills bosses fast enough I guess. But you have to resummon them 14-loving-times every time you zone, and having to rely on a blade spell to generate the weapons is getting tiresome. It's a huge step up from the old spell, don't get me wrong. But I have a feeling this isn't going to be for me.

Unfortunately, since I'm a Witch my respec options are somewhat limited given what I wanted to run this league. I might try and convert this thing over to a spellslinger wander when I get to maps.
I ain't even taking mine to maps ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What choice do I pick,

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vasudus posted:

Does AW work with unleash? Might be a good idea since it’s similar to SRS in that regard and unleash is a massive QoL for it. Maybe put blade fall in a totem for ready access to blades combined with curse on hit for utility

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Tenzarin posted:

What choice do I pick,

the bottom one to do nothing

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

zoux posted:

Which stance is better for AoE using Bladestorm?

Sand is for AOE, blood is for single target. This holds true for all skills that blood/sand stance affects.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Does AW work with unleash? Might be a good idea since it’s similar to SRS in that regard and unleash is a massive QoL for it. Maybe put blade fall in a totem for ready access to blades combined with curse on hit for utility

:ssh:
Don't tell the secrets of Animate Weapon. If no one uses is than it won't get nerfed into oblivion like my poor skeletons :(

Awesome! posted:

yeah, you get chains of command
:eyepop:
42 Chaos? I can do that

J
Jun 10, 2001

The very first cluster jewel I picked up had the +1 impale node on it so I guess it isn't item level restricted.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Tenzarin posted:

What choice do I pick,

I realize this is "Delirium" league but they're really taking immersion too far!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that text glitch has been a thing for years now. its less common than it used to be at least. it used to happen to item filter tags too

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Archmage support works with Storm Brand the way everyone thought it would, and it's pretty crazy.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Fister Roboto posted:

Archmage support works with Storm Brand the way everyone thought it would, and it's pretty crazy.

Like how, are you saying that it adds another helping of flat lightning damage to the pile each time mana's consumed? I assumed you'd only get the bonus once but then it gets multiplied by stages accumulated same as it would be with flameblast or whatever.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Ferrinus posted:

Like how, are you saying that it adds another helping of flat lightning damage to the pile each time mana's consumed? I assumed you'd only get the bonus once but then it gets multiplied by stages accumulated same as it would be with flameblast or whatever.

It adds a massive chunk of damage to the cast and then it just keeps going because storm brand doesn't require repeated casts to do damage, you just brand recall it to kill packs.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

It just adds a huge chunk of flat damage to the spell, same as if you had a ton of flat damage on gear. It's not conditional at all.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Lightning Knight posted:

I made it about halfway through A2 before I had to head to work this morning. Thoughts on the league mechanic: it’s ok. Probably more fun later when you have strong clear.

Minions feel substantially worse at early levels, I assume they’re probably fine later. Cluster jewels are loving nuts and I pray they go core.

Yeah, I'm up to act 3 and minions are slowly getting better, but yikes, the nerfs are very noticeable.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Spellslinger feels pretty good so far. I definitely switched over too early because I'm an idiot but I've grown into it nicely. I think some cooldown gear is going to be in order in the endgame though because 2 attacks per second actually doesn't feel that snappy

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Peachfart posted:

Yeah, I'm up to act 3 and minions are slowly getting better, but yikes, the nerfs are very noticeable.

I mean, tbf, before I would laugh as minions delete bosses while leveling. Now, I still am under no real threat from most bosses but I have to sit and wait for my anemic minions to kill it for like, a minute.

I said this in chat but if they’re gonna nerf the poo poo out of Feeding Frenzy and still charge us a link for aggressive minions they might as well make aggressive the default behavior and remove FF entirely. It’s so dumb.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean, tbf, before I would laugh as minions delete bosses while leveling. Now, I still am under no real threat from most bosses but I have to sit and wait for my anemic minions to kill it for like, a minute.

I said this in chat but if they’re gonna nerf the poo poo out of Feeding Frenzy and still charge us a link for aggressive minions they might as well make aggressive the default behavior and remove FF entirely. It’s so dumb.

I don't really get this sentiment. Lots of skills have to give up a link for utility, its not much different than inc aoe, gmp, etc.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Think I'm caught up with guild invites both here and on discord.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

It just adds a huge chunk of flat damage to the spell, same as if you had a ton of flat damage on gear. It's not conditional at all.

Ahhh I mixed up Storm Brand and Stormbind.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

MMF Freeway posted:

I don't really get this sentiment. Lots of skills have to give up a link for utility, its not much different than inc aoe, gmp, etc.

Because in this case it’s a matter of the attack logic of the minions. There’s no actual reason for them to have a state in between aggressive and defensive that they default to other than they want to crowd the link choices. The other links you mentioned have broad applications geared towards clearing that can have a variety of effects depending on the skill. Feeding Frenzy does one specific thing that should just be how they work to begin with, with Meat Shield as the niche option to change them to be defensive.

I would rather the minions were less powerful in terms of their stats and had better AI baseline.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How are you guys finding the delerium in maps? I'm playing Ed/cont and I'm having a hard time finishing them. The last 30% or so the HP gets jacked way up. I know we isn't the best damage but drat I feel like I'm struggling bad for even having a tabula.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Day 1, I'm level 68, haven't even got my flasks sorted out after Act 10, just taking my new 4c claw for a spin in a T3 Bog...

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Zotix posted:

How are you guys finding the delerium in maps? I'm playing Ed/cont and I'm having a hard time finishing them. The last 30% or so the HP gets jacked way up. I know we isn't the best damage but drat I feel like I'm struggling bad for even having a tabula.

Their intention was that clearing a full delirium would be some sort of challenge, so this lines up I guess

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Can I get a guild invite for Cyclone_Ben_Garrison, please?

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
Delirium - Fun mechanic. Not as fun to me as blight was, more fun than metamoroh (so far).

AW - Also fun, but will have to see how it feels later on. The visuals are certainly cooler than skeletons that's for sure.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Papercut posted:

Day 1, I'm level 68, haven't even got my flasks sorted out after Act 10, just taking my new 4c claw for a spin in a T3 Bog...

Grats!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Can i get a guild invite if there's room?

Character is "YoungIlyich"

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I'd also like an invite on "SelfIsolating"

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Fister Roboto posted:

whoa

rerolling right the gently caress now

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

You using any auras on your setup?
I'm only using clarity right now cause i need that mana regen.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

so brands are real good now? can somebody point me at a build for brands that doesn't assume I know a ton of stuff already?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

Animated Weapons are aggressive without Feeding Frenzy

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Papercut posted:

First day may be a goon mirror record

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Rutibex posted:

Animated Weapons are aggressive without Feeding Frenzy

GGG!!!! :argh:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Dang I kinda wanna do a storm Brander now with archmage, that seems insane. Heiro for the mom/mana seems good but the -50% mana cost seems bad.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

queeb posted:

Dang I kinda wanna do a storm Brander now with archmage, that seems insane. Heiro for the mom/mana seems good but the -50% mana cost seems bad.

Yeah, I went heiro with stormbind since that scales with mana spent but now I'm rethinking whether or not I want that node for all AOE and the +ES from mana, half mana costs might reduce my damage too much. Maybe I should just take +1 totem as my fourth point instead of getting that as my second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Something pretty funny I just noticed: If you use the new frame limiter to limit FPS to 5 when PoE is in the background, it also limits the framerate of the opening GGG logo video. :thumbsup: