Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, for the record, i flat out dont believe that their claims are entirely truthful. obviously they have oot communication, but at least one of the following points HAS to be false.

1) they are confirmed to each other as town
2) humalong has 1 or more charges of bulletproof and/or a conditional bulletbroof
3) amni has a pgo that only activates when someone tries to kill him

as far as i'm concerned, there is 0 chance that all 3 are true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
believe me, im quite familiar with lying as town, and i don't see lying as universally a scum trait.

im trying to wrap my head around a town motivation for behaving the way they are, but their decisions just baffle me. scum or town, they make no sense either way.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
the bulletproof was claimed as part of the ruggan 'joke' so who knows at this point - it's extremely unclear to me which parts of this are going to be the next 'actually haha i was just joking about that' - it's pretty frustrating.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Ixtlilton posted:

Hello friends I ate the cinnamon and it let me use another cop that told me dmboogie is death God aligned. I don't fully trust my results since I feel like I easily could've been misdirected or something but looks like our ded boi wasn't lying about two scum teams.

were they both night actions though? you'd expect both your actions to be redirected and get the same result on both if it was something targetting you, and if it was bus driving someone would have to guess you were targetting dmboogie.

anyway ##vote dmboogie I'm happy enough with this and even if it's wrong knowing there are redirections out there would be good too.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xiw posted:

were they both night actions though? you'd expect both your actions to be redirected and get the same result on both if it was something targetting you, and if it was bus driving someone would have to guess you were targetting dmboogie.

anyway ##vote dmboogie I'm happy enough with this and even if it's wrong knowing there are redirections out there would be good too.

agreed ##vote dmboogie

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it would be drat lucky to nail 2 scum in a row though

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but, i cant think of a role that'd be able to (without guessing the cop target) reliably interfere with ixt's results

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

redirector is a thing I thought, like I chose boogie to avoid someone busdriving a more obvious target but I'm p sure there are roles out there that are just like "this dude now targets this dude". V strong role for scum in V strong game.

And yeah it refreshed my cop power and I got to use it again.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ixtlilton posted:

redirector is a thing I thought, like I chose boogie to avoid someone busdriving a more obvious target but I'm p sure there are roles out there that are just like "this dude now targets this dude". V strong role for scum in V strong game.

And yeah it refreshed my cop power and I got to use it again.

ok see this is why i hate that you claimed when you didnt have to

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I didn't know that the sweet taste of cinnamon would give me another shot, might as well draw the scum's night stuff.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ixtlilton posted:

I didn't know that the sweet taste of cinnamon would give me another shot, might as well draw the scum's night stuff.

fair enough

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Mr. Steak posted:

ok see this is why i hate that you claimed when you didnt have to

Haha neat your cop was a one-shot?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
You guys post too much.

I am intrigued by Ix's investigation of Boogie. Death God aligned would absolutely fit a SK if the investigation was legit. The mod implied that there were no sanity cop complications in this game, so I am inclined to believe the result is legitimate, but I want to hear how Boogie addresses it. He so far just said "that's not right" and nothing more on the subject.

Steak racks up another point on the scummeter for his commentary about killing Hunt. I think his justification for it was poor and he jumped on it pretty quick. Especially if he thought Hunt was town. Saying he was more useful dead than alive is, at the very least, a somewhat sociopathic attitude to take.

Ruggan's reaction to what I read as pretty clearly a joke by Huma, followed by Steak popping up to vote him for the "scum claim" seems overwrought and exaggerated.

I trust Huma and Amni's claim in as far as I'm confident they can talk to each other outside the thread. It is not outside reason to think they are faking the masonry as scum, but for now I think they are good. Amni pushed real hard against steak D2 for his weird "don't kill scum" position, and I read that interaction as him being town.

Gotta read a bunch, but those are some thoughts.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

xiw posted:

Haha neat your cop was a one-shot?

This post...

:goofy:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Steak, in previous games I seem to recall you getting the lurker gun and reacting very differently. What has changed with this game?

Xiw's result on dmboogie seems straightforward. Xiw, why did you target dmboogie?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

CCKeane posted:

Steak, in previous games I seem to recall you getting the lurker gun and reacting very differently. What has changed with this game?

This is something that I feel is incredibly relevant. The last time steak had the ability to kill a lurker, and was town, he spent the entire day withholding the kill waiting for the lurker to come in and post and implicate other people. This did not happen today.

Second:

Nep-Nep posted:

The biggest issue I take with their collective claim is amni's pgo aspect that somehow only kills people who use killing actions, which was breadcrumbed and then fullclaimed, which is not something that makes sense to do if you're town hoping scum hits the landmine that is you

I understand your concern with the claim, but: a.) This is a role madness game, the likely hood of town having a killing role is high. b.) I'm in a confirmed masonry, so I'm not just a solo town that trades themselves for a dead killer, town loses a person that isn't scum and can be confirmed from another point of view.

Or at least, those were my thoughts when I decided to make my soft claim.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

peramene posted:

well. I read it and I don't understand it.

Amni, feeling better after last night?

Goodnight everybody.

Yea, I'm feeling energized after, it was good for me I think.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

The near-instant lurker kill is in direct contrast to earlier wanting to stretch things to get the most info possible. Unless Steak legit believed Hunt was never coming back, it flies in the face of his previous sentiments. Made all the worse by people suggesting Hunt was likely town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Did dmboogie claim? He should

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Amnistar posted:

Yea, I'm feeling energized after, it was good for me I think.

Glad to hear it, good luck today.

I'm prepared to vote boogie after they get a little more time to more effectively defend themselves and fail to. The lack of sanity mechanics is remarkably worth poking at.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Crazyeyes posted:

The near-instant lurker kill is in direct contrast to earlier wanting to stretch things to get the most info possible. Unless Steak legit believed Hunt was never coming back, it flies in the face of his previous sentiments. Made all the worse by people suggesting Hunt was likely town.

Especially since my info from the night before would have shown he still had the ability to post.

Steak really jumped the gun here and I’m interested to see what his defense looks like.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think Steak is third party.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

How’s your finger doing merk?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll post a picture tonight when I take this pressure bandage off. I'm ok. Just cut off part of my thumb slicing some garlic.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

I'll post a picture tonight when I take this pressure bandage off. I'm ok. Just cut off part of my thumb slicing some garlic.

Just another day in the life of a vampire hunter.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I was playing Gloomhaven with friends last night when the game went active, this is the first chance I've had to really get caught up. I'm reading thread now.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
So...I feel like claiming my role MIGHT be helpful given all the SK discussion. I am the Grim Painter, my role is to basically leave messages every night, however when I get powered up I become the Blood Artist and my messages become less benign. I am town aligned So basically we would have 2 scum kills (if Mona is telling the truth), a SK kill and in theory my kill (this is why I wanted the cintami yesterday). That is a lot of loving night kills, so I could see the Hum / Amni duo's claim being truthful because it would offset the absurd amount of kills floating around.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Ixtlilton posted:

Is there anything that caused you suspect that any of these things might've actually happened, or is it purely because of your claim yesterday that you're doubting your own results on the chance that someone messed with them? A framer or bus driver or something similar is pretty plausible, but them picking the same person as you is somewhat unlikely, especially when you went out of your way to pick an unusual target on purpose.

But something that redirects you, while listing the result as belonging to who you investigated seems like a bit of a stretch to me. It sounds like there's something in your results that made it possible, though, considering how sure you are about it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Like, right now dmboogie seems like the most obvious cuddle choice because of those results, but if the cop who got them doesn't trust them then I'd generally be wary of anyone who's ignoring that and just jumping on it anyway.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Yeah, he should probs claim I just dunno feels weird to be so right if he is.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

SalTheBard posted:

So...I feel like claiming my role MIGHT be helpful given all the SK discussion. I am the Grim Painter, my role is to basically leave messages every night, however when I get powered up I become the Blood Artist and my messages become less benign. I am town aligned So basically we would have 2 scum kills (if Mona is telling the truth), a SK kill and in theory my kill (this is why I wanted the cintami yesterday). That is a lot of loving night kills, so I could see the Hum / Amni duo's claim being truthful because it would offset the absurd amount of kills floating around.

What do you mean by less benign?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

merk posted:

Happens to the best of us. My uncle sliced off some of his fingerprints with a mandolin a couple years back while cutting up some veggies. Was pretty gross.

SalTheBard posted:

That sounds super malevolent in name. Super unprovoked claim, but I agree that should all that be true, that would be a LOT of killing roles for one game.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

My paternal grandfather was a carpenter and he cut off his thumb and didn't even feel it because he was so tough and also shock presumably.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

CCKeane posted:

The town councilor role that flipped was able to make a Mason with two other players each night. After awakening they could kill one of them a night too.

So probably something like that. After a condition is met or they are awakened then there’s probably some built in kill mechanism

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Ruggan posted:

After a condition is met or they are awakened then there’s probably some built in kill mechanism

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Crazyeyes posted:

That sounds super malevolent in name. Super unprovoked claim, but I agree that should all that be true, that would be a LOT of killing roles for one game.

I mostly wanted to get it out there to help with the discussion about killing roles (Death God Aligned). I also wanted to clarify because someone said that Hum and Amni's claim didn't have because of all the person they allegedly have.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CCKeane posted:

In my yeah it sounded cooler than it actually came out. Basically my messages go from "Haha hey everyone!" to "Hey person you die"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

In my HEAD it sounded cooler than it actually came out. Basically my messages go from "Haha hey everyone!" to "Hey person you die"

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I mostly wanted to get it out there to help with the discussion about killing roles (Death God Aligned). I also wanted to clarify because someone said that Hum and Amni's claim didn't have because of all the person they allegedly have.

This post veered into stroke territory very quickly. I can’t quite parse it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
We've had reason to know the grim painter is a role from the night results for anybody that's missed that