Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which happens first?
This poll is closed.
Luffy becomes the Pirate King 9 8.26%
Asta becomes the Wizard King 5 4.59%
Deku becomes the Symbol Of Peace 10 9.17%
Shippuden stops airing 8 7.34%
We all die 77 70.64%
Total: 109 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The Shame Boy posted:

Is this more or less believable than the fight with Kira going on literally around the corner from the rest of the good guys.

Easily more since neither of the powers at play here involve explosions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Also daylight savings just happened, gently caress you Melone for making this go on for an extra hour.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
oh good a hidden jutsu

e: and they have tails, ok why not

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

TwoPair posted:

Easily more since neither of the powers at play here involve explosions

don't involve explosions YET! As far we know with Giornos power he will kill the next guy with exploding geckos or some other bullshit like that.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Tsunade: YOU GUESSED IT! It's a PIRANHA

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

The Shame Boy posted:

Tsunade: YOU GUESSED IT! It's a PIRANHA

PIRANHA NO JUTSU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I. M. Gei posted:

True Story: I had a college class one semester where the room was directly above a Wendy’s. That room was ALWAYS filled with the sickening, overpowering smell of old Wendy’s french fry grease. I don’t know what the gently caress kind of grease Wendy’s uses for their fries, but something about it makes it smell and taste loving gross. WAAAAAY nastier than any grease any other fast food chain uses. Spending any amount of time in that room made me sick-to-my-stomach nauseous.

It was not an easy class to sit through.

Because of that room, I still have trouble eating Wendy’s fries to this day.

Here's the ingredient list for Wendy's fries.

quote:

Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (contains one or more of the following oils: canola, soybean, cottonseed, sunflower, corn), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (to maintain natural color). Cooked in Vegetable Oil (soybean oil, corn oil, cottonseed oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor [vegetable], citric acid [preservative], 
dimethylpolysiloxane [anti-foaming agent]). Cooked in the same oil as menu items that contain Wheat, Egg, Milk, and Fish (where available). Seasoned with Sea Salt.

The thing that sticks out the most to me is they fry a bunch of stuff in the same oil, including fish, and I can take a guess that the specific restaurant probably wasn't changing the oil as frequently as you usually are supposed to, either due to laziness or to save on food costs, so that's probably part of what you were smelling.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

JT Jag posted:

check out March Comes In Like A Lion

It's good :yeah:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

The Shame Boy posted:

don't involve explosions YET! As far we know with Giornos power he will kill the next guy with exploding geckos or some other bullshit like that.
I mean, he's already turned a gun into a banana that will shoot you

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Is there a video of that ending to last night’s Demon Slayer? Cause that at was the highlight of the night imo and I want to see it again

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SgtSteel91 posted:

Is there a video of that ending to last night’s Demon Slayer? Cause that at was the highlight of the night imo and I want to see it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyq5JjnFOUw

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

That one has a bunch of weird cuts. This one works better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X_UhlqITAo

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
You are, all of you, UNWORTHY, and I DEMAND you all begone from my presence, now and forevermore, until the end of all time

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1236371012708638721

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

ngl I’d watch Bleaching Bad

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

John Wick 4 is looking good

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

GHOST DRUGS

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Dance of the Fire God + Nezuko becoming Esidesi was the hypest poo poo.

I feel like I remember hearing that the writer for Demon Slayer was inspired by Hamon when designing the breath based fighting-style for her series, but I don't know if that's true or just a rumor.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Dance of the Fire God + Nezuko becoming Esidesi was the hypest poo poo.

I feel like I remember hearing that the writer for Demon Slayer was inspired by Hamon when designing the breath based fighting-style for her series, but I don't know if that's true or just a rumor.

Sounds like a rumor.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

So, I'm a little lost in trying to understand this season of SAO. They say they wanted AI that's capable of fighting in wars or something and none of the people on the human side are killing, but then you have the dark side with people that do kill. Am I missing something?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mraagvpeine posted:

So, I'm a little lost in trying to understand this season of SAO. They say they wanted AI that's capable of fighting in wars or something and none of the people on the human side are killing, but then you have the dark side with people that do kill. Am I missing something?

Okay, so the plot (as I understand it) is that all the human AIs are told not to kill, and that the ultimate goal is to get an AI that will be able to break the taboo of killing so ultimately they can upload it into a fighter jet or robot or whatever (though I don't know why you'd want an AI that explicitly breaks the protocol you give it but hey I'm not the brilliant minds at Rath/the JSDF). The Dark empire was never given such boundaries, and as such it doesn't matter what they do. Of course, this begs the question of why there even is a dark side to begin with or why they also needed to have baby souls instead of just being plain-rear end NPCs. One would assume it's so the humans will have monsters to fight and level themselves up, but then there's the big fuckoff wall so that's out. Presumably it's for this final load test but like, if they wanted to just get their AI, they don't need that pretense, they could presumably just shut the whole thing down the minute one breaks bad without having to do this Bleach/LOTR crossover fanfic finale. I mean now they do because they've got to get Alice's lightcube to eject in the bunker with the good guys instead of to the mercs but why it was designed that way is a mystery that can only be solved with "it happens that way because otherwise the plot can't happen"

Dexo's a bigger SAO stan than I am though (plus I think he read the LNs) so I'm sure whenever they chime in they'll have a better answer... or at least one that makes sense to Kawahara.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 11, 2020

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mraagvpeine posted:

It's explained later(next season) but essentially they want bottom up that thinks it is a human and is raised like one would raise a human. They want human level decision making for their war machines for some reason. (this is extremely undercut by Yui's existence as a "top down" AI who for all intents and purposes acts like a human)

The dark territory has fluctlights but they are another part of the experiment.

It's essentially a Law vs Chaos test. With until sociopath showed up the Chaos side was potentially turning around. And in general just an antagonistic force.

The Human side, it is considered extremely odd, and why they are still running the simulation, that the laws have been more or less kept for so long.

I forget what we know but lets just say next season spoilers. They really aren't that important, for the plot. it's more just a side plot thing but yeah.

It's related to why those rear end in a top hat nobles had to find loopholes to break the law, to justify what they were doing.

Essentially the reason the human side hasn't been killing is related to the code 871 in the right eye. It takes an extraordinary amount of willpower to break through as it has a paralyzing effect when you attempt break a law. It's why Eugeo's and Alice's eye exploded when they murdered that noble/went against the church.

That's not part of the plan, and the reason is there is a nerd who made a deal with Administrator who is on the Ocean Turtle, and he implemented this additional subroutine to make sure that no one willingly breaks the taboo index, as they work on a way to free her. It's why the Administrator had a laptop that could talk to the outside world in her room

Dexo fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 11, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If you have AIs that are capable of killing already why do you need to train another one to break its moral compass to do so

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

When is Raiden going to show up and save all the brain children from the evil VR training?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

God, I wish MGR Raiden would show up in SAO and make things more exciting to watch. But knowing the writing, he'd probably just swoon over Kirito every five minutes like everyone else. :negative:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rhonne posted:

When is Raiden going to show up and save all the brain children from the evil VR training?

Asuna has not unlocked the sombrero costume yet so that's out

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

As long as Blade Wolf is there to be the sensible voice of reason.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Really, what anime wouldn't be improved with a performance by Crispin Freeman?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The ones he's already in.

Additional Voices don't count :colbert:

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

My Hero Academia - We went to arrest Slender Man in the woods, but found a loving Titan living out there too. And now apparently this next story arc is gonna be focused on loving 'Splosion Man and Hot Coldman, and I have to fight the urge to go lick a doorknob to better entertain myself.

Demon Slayer -

Food Wars - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8XeDvKqI4E

Black Clover Episode 108: So Long, and Thanks for All the Skullcrusher Mountains - Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8XeDvKqI4E, except with significantly more gravitas and, like, repurcussions

Jojo Pt. 5 -

Funky Valentine posted:

GIORNO YOUR POWER IS SO loving STUPID

I loving HATE YOU SO MUCH STOP USING IT

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

get in losers, we're going to die from the plague

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So Cartoon Network's been showing the prior week's episode of MHA now at 8 for the past few weeks, but I noticed that now they've switched to showing DBZ Kai reruns. I don't know what show on the block is closest to finishing but I have a bad feeling that something Goku this way comes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TwoPair posted:

So Cartoon Network's been showing the prior week's episode of MHA now at 8 for the past few weeks, but I noticed that now they've switched to showing DBZ Kai reruns. I don't know what show on the block is closest to finishing but I have a bad feeling that something Goku this way comes.

it's Food Wars in like four weeks, then Demon Slayer.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

At this point, they have to put in a new series. It was fine when they used the last two to shorten the block, but they should know that right now there's gotta be new blood.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
So what are the likely candidates for a new show this time around?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mob S2 is all I can think of.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Out of shows that have aired before that have new material there's Mob Psycho 100 s2 and not a lot else.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Arist posted:

it's Food Wars in like four weeks, then Demon Slayer.

Nooooo :negative:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Still waiting for that Uzumaki series.

muscles like this! posted:

Out of shows that have aired before that have new material there's Mob Psycho 100 s2 and not a lot else.

Can't think of anything other than that and Boruto.

TwoPair posted:

SAO is the next show to finish, maybe Food Wars afterwards (depends on that third season), and then Demon Slayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They have to be waiting for October for Uzumaki. There's also the Blade Runner series and a few unknown projects in the works.