Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Raiad posted:

didn't china also basically just assume that a whole bunch of people with the symptoms just had corona, which i would think would mean that a bunch of people who "had it and recovered" are actually just getting it for the first time

Yeah, they just assumed anyone with viral pneumonia was a Coofer and ran with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

pigz posted:

So seems us military (airforce) is a is purposely not testing service members for whatever reason. Don't quite understand that.

the airforce is the one where leadership is completely overrun by evangelicals isn't it? like even more than normal for a branch of the military lol

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

boomer sooner remover

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1238804127808983041

spring breaaaak!!!!!!

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

I have a friend with a family member who is a VP at a major health company and they say similar measures are going to be rolled out in Northern California in coming days/weeks.

Yeah, I was talking to a friend last night who works at a local hospital and what I gathered is that once it starts getting rough, they pretty much would stop elective surgeries and repurpose the pre-op/post-op suites for the beds.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Soy Division posted:

the linked tweet about reinfection was deleted so i’m gonna say let’s wait for more sources

Yeah I'm down with that.

Like I said, reinfection isn't impossible but that would be real rapid. My money would be on the tests throwing false negatives now and then, either from bad tests or from an ineffective nasal swab etc etc

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/AndrewRCraig/status/1239016773913120768

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
corona-chan is making a supplements fool out of me. downing those melatonins like a dang lunatic, stirring turmeric and cracked pepper into water and shotgunning it. i'll put any kind of stupid herb in my body. supercharging my immune system by putting allspice up my butt. what's that do? I don't know, seemed like it couldn't hurt.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ah that was a nice day of playing stardew valley, now to check out on how corona-chan is doinggggg :stonk:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Basic Poster posted:

Oh buddy

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1238797268871983105?s=19

I mean who knows still just bad signal to noise at this point

hopefully the chances of this are very low

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

[Command and Conquer Generals Chinese faction Construction Unit voice]

"CHINA WILL GROW LARGER"

https://twitter.com/_michaelbrooks/status/1238889837886922752?s=19
how long until we go full italy and admit that they were right about everything and start begging them for logisticial and medical support? are we still three weeks out or closer to ten days?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Rah! posted:

the airforce is the one where leadership is completely overrun by evangelicals isn't it? like even more than normal for a branch of the military lol

Yeah

Air Force is all evangelical turbo Christians

Intelligence are all Mormons

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Basic Poster posted:

Ditching any and all elective surgeries. Which some hospitals did two weeks ago. Only the worst loving kinds of boards and administrations are keeping them on for obvi cash purposes.

That's staff and supplies they can I'll afford to waste on tits or rhinoplasty.

"Elective surgery" includes a lot of medically useful and even necessary surgeries, it just means that it's not a medical emergency. Hernias, joint replacements, benign tumors, all elective.

Which, yeah, still deserve to be on the back burner when you have an influx of patients in respiratory failure, but we're not just talking boob jobs here.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Dragon Tank Complete

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

cargo cult posted:

how long until we go full italy and admit that they were right about everything and start begging them for logisticial and medical support? are we still three weeks out or closer to ten days?

We will let tens of millions die before we ask China for help

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

I wish he (Drump) was trolling.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Mexigoon here. People are starting to buy in bulk the neccesities: Toilet paper, rice and of course, beans. I went to the supermarket a couple hours ago to buy some more toilet paper, and these aisles started to have empty spaces. Most other stuff seems okay, but some of the special milks started to look pretty empty too.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

pigz posted:

So seems us military (airforce) is a is purposely not testing service members for whatever reason. Don't quite understand that.

they already received the vaccine last year why would they test?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Vox Nihili posted:

Closing down walk-in clinics and canceling any elective care in order to reallocate resources to pandemic management.

The company in question is a huge, well-known HMO but I imagine other companies will be enacting similar measures.

lol isn't kaiser isn't it

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Sticky Nate posted:

boomer sooner remover

the loving coward deleted it.

bitch couldn't even handle some snarky replies, corona gonna scalp that muthafuck

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
https://twitter.com/lookner/status/1239019719719608321

Most stringent social distancing measures I've seen so far. Interesting part: it took a long time to send an ambulance to a barfight because EMS was at capacity already.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Diggus Bickus posted:

Goddamn. Cases went up by 8x last week.

Worst part is for every case you see there are probably 10-100 you don't see yet

Part of the rapid early growth is testing catching up to those unseen cases. There aren't actually 8x the infected people, we just know about more of them (and then the actual infection count also rose 2-6x, but we don't have a firm handle on that because we don't know how many undiagnosed cases are out there.)

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

kitten smoothie posted:

Yeah, I was talking to a friend last night who works at a local hospital and what I gathered is that once it starts getting rough, they pretty much would stop elective surgeries and repurpose the pre-op/post-op suites for the beds.

That's what Wuhan did and they still need to build new hospitals.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

can we stop using the term "social distancing" and just loving say forced shutdowns

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Kal-L posted:

Mexigoon here. People are starting to buy in bulk the neccesities: Toilet paper, rice and of course, beans. I went to the supermarket a couple hours ago to buy some more toilet paper, and these aisles started to have empty spaces. Most other stuff seems okay, but some of the special milks started to look pretty empty too.

What pray tell us Mexican special mil....

I'm replying to a troll aren't I

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bert Roberge posted:

https://twitter.com/PistonsNationCP/status/1238988792695910400

Check out this beautiful graphic this Pistons fan made for 'Christian Wood.'

ball is life

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

stephenthinkpad posted:

That's what Wuhan did and they still need to build new hospitals.

lol, US is in for a wild ride.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

klion no

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1239021485076905984

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Bearjew posted:

come on mister tallyman tally me corona

quarantine come and me wanna leave home

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

that coward gov deleted his tweet

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Yeah, big red flag. Friends was never funny.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

lol we ded

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Rah! posted:

Its based out of Colorado Springs where literally every other major evangelical organization is based out of.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Dreylad posted:

what are these posters doing to their anuses

MORE BEANS!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

cargo cult posted:

Those China doctor teams are from different provinces. For example, the Iran team is from Guangdong and the Italy team is from Shanghai. The joke going around China is that for the US they will send in the Taiwanese team.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

triple sulk posted:

can we stop using the term "social distancing" and just loving say forced shutdowns

abundance of caution

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

stephenthinkpad posted:

Those China doctor teams are from different provinces. For example, the Iran team is from Guangdong and the Italy team is from Shanghai. The joke going around China is that for the US they will send in the Taiwanese team.

lol

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

triple sulk posted:

Sir, the focus group thought "quarantine" was too harsh so we came up with other terms instead

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

triple sulk posted:

that coward gov deleted his tweet

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hahahahaahahaha

I should've screencapped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

stephenthinkpad posted:

haha