Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Bernie's fireside chat has had at least 650k views

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I lived in Atlanta for ages and half of my Facebook friends have early voted in Georgia for Bernie.

Now Georgia is postponing the primary, I heard???

I'm not a conspiracy guy, but I'm banking on poo poo is about to get really, really hosed.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Postponing them is probably good for us and I'm assuming the DNC would rather this be over on Tuesday

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

oxsnard posted:

Postponing them is probably good for us and I'm assuming the DNC would rather this be over on Tuesday

That's what's giving me the spooky "am I being conspiratorial" feeling.

Surely the DNC wouldn't softball Bernie an easy win.

Something way weird and sinister has to be happening and in thinking that I feel like I'm being an idiot.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

oxsnard posted:

It's absolutely good for us for a bunch of different reasons, which is why they're hoping to ram them through

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

That's what's giving me the spooky "am I being conspiratorial" feeling.

Surely the DNC wouldn't softball Bernie an easy win.

Something way weird and sinister has to be happening and in thinking that I feel like I'm being an idiot.

The US is about a week from plunging headlong into an abyss of like three separate exogenuous shocks that could upend our entire structural underpinnings.

Presumably, somewhere there knows this and quit playing chicken.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Isn't the entire state government of FL and AZ run by Republicans? They have to know how bad massive lines are gonna look

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Penisaurus Sex posted:

The US is about a week from plunging headlong into an abyss of like three separate exogenuous shocks that could upend our entire structural underpinnings.

Don't we love it folx?

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Establishment rigging election again, what else?

And I don’t believe any of the voting results in states with electronic voting machines after that poo poo in Iowa with Shadow/Buttigieg

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
In lighter news, the perfidious 1%er Bernard "Moneybags" Sanders is seen here in his monstrous primary residence, a palatial Vermont mansion:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Penisaurus Sex posted:

:ohdear:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/BAKKOOONN/status/1239004607495327745

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

In lighter news, the perfidious 1%er Bernard "Moneybags" Sanders is seen here in his monstrous primary residence, a palatial Vermont mansion:

Bernailure Sanders can't even afford tables for his collection of lamps! :sad:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

It's absolutely good for us for a bunch of different reasons, which is why they're hoping to ram them through

I've seen a lot of this over the past few days, what's the idea here? It seems to me like we want the vote to be as close to the debate as possible.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

King of Solomon posted:

I've seen a lot of this over the past few days, what's the idea here? It seems to me like we want the vote to be as close to the debate as possible.

if the primaries get delayed it prevents the knockout blow narrative from Biden’s camp and gives Biden’s brain more time to crash this campaign, WITH NO SURVIVORS

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I would say panic attack, but his demeanor changes when he addresses the chairman before walking off. Just the hint of a smirk and head shake accompanied by instant relief. Panic attacks don't just abruptly disappear like that do they?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

im the table lamps put on the floor for the cameras

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
so we've come to this, the DNC actively attempting to get millions of people to do something that will give them COVID-19, in order to make their fake election look marginally more believable, so that they can nominate a man who is dying onstage and intentionally throw the election to Donald J Trump

maybe the republicans were right about democrats trying to destroy america

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Tetracube posted:

so we've come to this, the DNC actively attempting to get millions of people to do something that will give them COVID-19, in order to make their fake election look marginally more believable, so that they can nominate a man who is dying onstage and intentionally throw the election to Donald J Trump

turns out republicans are often right about democrats, though usually for very wrong reasons

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

More people will have time to see the debate if they don't watch it live, especially if there's a loving month to disseminate it. Biden's "wave" has more time to dissipate, along with his brain cells, and that's even longer for them to delay the outstanding votes they're slowrolling to make the delegate gap look bigger. The crisis itself is squarely within Bernie's wheelhouse, his platform addresses it extremely well, and he is absolutely ready to do appearances every single day talking about it. Biden absolutely can't do the same--look what happened when he tried one facebook town hall. You think he can do that every day?

No, if delaying the primaries redounded to Biden, they'd have delayed them already. Instead they're literally risking the lives of their own constituents to try to shut this down early, because the longer it goes, the more likely they stumble

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tetracube posted:

O'Hare looks like a nightmare this weekend and Illinois having its primary after that seems like a huge escalating incident
https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1239005559497555968

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

oxsnard posted:

I think the 4 states call off the primaries tomorrow

Cities are starting to call quarantines around the country. Would be amazingly irresponsible if they didn’t.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Has Biden been seen since he brain fart virtual town hall? Bernie has been doing at least one appearance a day.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the perfect situation is probably moving the primaries on Monday so that don’t suddenly cancel tomorrow’s debate

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

O'Hare looks like a nightmare this weekend and Illinois having its primary after that seems like a huge escalating incident
https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1239005559497555968

gently caress it, just infect everyone

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

oxsnard posted:

Isn't the entire state government of FL and AZ run by Republicans? They have to know how bad massive lines are gonna look

there have been massive lives to vote in every minority neighborhood in the entire country ever since the civil war. why would they start caring now?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

there have been massive lives to vote in every minority neighborhood in the entire country ever since the civil war. why would they start caring now?

COVID

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Raccooon posted:

Has Biden been seen since he brain fart virtual town hall? Bernie has been doing at least one appearance a day.

the brain fart online town hall was yesterday

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oops, wrong thread.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

I'm in the chicago burbs and regret not voting earlier, gently caress. How are they not delaying this poo poo.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Raiad posted:

turns out republicans are often right about democrats, though usually for very wrong reasons

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Slider posted:

I'm in the chicago burbs and regret not voting earlier, gently caress. How are they not delaying this poo poo.

They may still.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

e: wrong thread 3=====D~~~~~

TeenageArchipelago has issued a correction as of 04:55 on Mar 15, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

vote by mail. VOTE BY MAIL VOTE BY MAIL

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

fireside chat at 900k views :bernin:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

T-man posted:

vote by mail. VOTE BY MAIL VOTE BY MAIL

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Do you guys remember Shadow, Inc.

And Acronym

And all that impossibly dumb poo poo surrounding Iowa

And how it feels like it happened a million years ago but it's hardly more than a month ago

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Heath posted:

Do you guys remember Shadow, Inc.

And Acronym

And all that impossibly dumb poo poo surrounding Iowa

And how it feels like it happened a million years ago but it's hardly more than a month ago

I remember Shadow, refresh my memory on Acronym?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Scenario: They're gonna cancel the remaining primaries due to covid concerns. They're gonna have to come up with a nominee by the time of the convention (which will be canceled too) and it won't be anyone currently running, and probably wouldn't be anyone who ran at all. I could see an emergency nomination if Sherrod Brown or John Kerry. They will use the cancelation of the remaining primaries to basically nix the democratic element of the nomination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Deified Data posted:

Scenario: They're gonna cancel the remaining primaries due to covid concerns. They're gonna have to come up with a nominee by the time of the convention (which will be canceled too) and it won't be anyone currently running, and probably wouldn't be anyone who ran at all. I could see an emergency nomination if Sherrod Brown or John Kerry. They will use the cancelation of the remaining primaries to basically nix the democratic element of the nomination.

Strong disagree. It's Biden or Bernie (read: Biden). They might suggest Warren as a *compromise*