Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

be
bb
e
eab

eb
beans
b
e
absabs

bean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/1238984853787488256

there it is

lol

lmao

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Raiad posted:

come from behind victory for communism as capitalism collapses everywhere

if victory is dying by the millions

Plastic Megaphone
Aug 11, 2007
No more credit from the liquor store.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

whoever's plague inc game this is knows what they're doing, you don't go in hard with total organ failure and oops combo before most people on earth are infected

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK
we have been violently brutalized by the people who were supposed to save us

edit: for money

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
We suck so bad gently caress we are not smart people.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

loving LOL

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

wanna go to sleep and wake up two years later if at all ngl

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

You can do the math. Even punching in really optimistic numbers easily shows over a million dead in the US. Our response to this won't generate optimistic numbers.

Using figures close to what Italy is seeing gets you nearly 10 million dead.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

not an endorsement posted:

wanna go to sleep and wake up two years later if at all ngl

lmao that it took a superflu to make you feel like that.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

riseofmydick posted:

This is going to go down on the history books as one of the biggest preventable causes of innocent deaths in history alongside and above every single other major catastrophe.

Trump is the least popular president in history, universally hated, and we're on track for a recession if not depression. As much as 10% (or more) of this country will lose their jobs over the next month.

Are you really serious when you say that Trump will come out of this with better than 9/11 Bush approval rates?

From who?

The people who already hate him when he kills 400k+ Americans?

From service workers who will probably all lose their jobs?

Boomers who will have many friends die and their retirements wiped out?

loving who????

fascism is not rational and could easily be our trajectory from this crisis. the frothing conservatives that trump has rallied will be working hard to capitalize on the opportunity.

Can easily imagine this turning into war against China and authoritarians grasping for even more power

orange sky
May 7, 2007

lmfao if you don't thing the government will go full fash once poor people start revolting cause only millionaires have ventilators

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

orange sky posted:

lmfao if you don't thing the government will go full fash once poor people start revolting cause only millionaires have ventilators

It won't last. Numbers just aren't in the favor of the fash.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Solarin posted:

fascism is not rational and could easily be our trajectory from this crisis. the frothing conservatives that trump has rallied will be working hard to capitalize on the opportunity.

Can easily imagine this turning into war against China and authoritarians grasping for even more power

hell no, China is already pulling a goku and helping out everyone after coming back from the dead and everyone can see what trump is doing, even if they don’t wanna admit it their lizard brains must realize how bad shits gonna be with stuff like the TP hoarding

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

loving LOL

:stare:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

And corona is going to make those numbers even worse for the fash.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

things wont be better two years from now. if anything they will be worse

orange sky
May 7, 2007

police militarization and gun ownership is very much in favor of the fash

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

we tried to save the boomers but they didn't want to be saved, oh well i guess

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

I start a new job monday, they announced mandatory WFH thursday but I still gotta brave the MTA so I can be in the office for an hour to pick up my laptop and meet with HR. Strongly considering a cab, citibike or just fuckin walking for an hour.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

oh you mean artificially limiting the availability of medical care and equipment was bad?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

we might end up spending months stuck in our homes, terrified to leave, won't we?

why do you think we stockpiled all the beans!?!

I bought frozen pizzas today. I’m happy about that.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

FAUXTON posted:

oh you mean artificially limiting the availability of medical care and equipment was bad?

just let the price mechanism regulate supply and demand. this is the obvious and best solution ffs you ignorant communists

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Dork457 posted:

I start a new job monday, they announced mandatory WFH thursday but I still gotta brave the MTA so I can be in the office for an hour to pick up my laptop and meet with HR. Strongly considering a cab, citibike or just fuckin walking for an hour.

bring some disinfecting wipes for the handles and the citibike seems by far the best option here

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I've been playing a beautiful peaceful alternate life in the sims 4, what the gently caress did I miss

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

orange sky posted:

Lol maybe if the gun nuts were braying to march on Washington or something. Their guy is in the White House denying responsibility, we’ll see how well the thin blue line holds up when their families are looking for food and their billion dollar budgets can’t buy hand sanitizer.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

snoo posted:

I've been playing a beautiful peaceful alternate life in the sims 4, what the gently caress did I miss
the arzying to end all arzying

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i was going to attend two weddings in the next month or so and both of them cancelled in the last couple of days

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

rump buttman posted:

bl3 fo sho, should probably get around to playing Skyrim

skyrim sucks

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

My parents are trying to fly from there to Canada tomorrow.

They still think this is overblown.

I’m done trying to deal with them. The past 2 weeks have been infuriating.

:rip:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

trump

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
remove the stone of arzying about the presidential primaries!

attach the stone of arzying about the coronavirus!!!!!!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

remove the stone of arzying about the presidential primaries!

attach the stone of arzying about the coronavirus!!!!!!

Bro

Its just flu

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

opposable thumbs.db posted:

gently caress him, but he has this weird quality where on like 0.5% of random issues he has the correct opinion, almost accidentally. I've heard him talk about how humanity should treat space exploration and it was honestly fairly reasonable. It's so weird, given that on the 99.5% of other cases he's about as much a monster as they come

gently caress that, if you actually read the editorial, it’s pure revisionist GOP propaganda bullshit. democrats are going to be too afraid of being painted as politicizing a disaster to attack as viciously as they should on the depth and severity of trump’s failures, and the narrative that gingrich is helping create will get full right wing media surround sound and become truth

:/

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

orange sky posted:

you are a clown

hand out SRA cards at all opportunities especially grocery store lines;

political power comes from the barrel of the gun

Salt Fish posted:

We suck so bad gently caress we are not smart people.

we are smart people, do not be upset or sad

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/Just_Call_Me_B_/status/1238802156691611650

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Dolphin posted:

god save the bean

the bean is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

i was going to attend two weddings in the next month or so and both of them cancelled in the last couple of days

Love in the Time of Corona