Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Google Butt posted:

theres not much you cant jerk off with

razor blades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

quote:

Toilet paper hoarder in West Valley, Utah

quote:

Another Profiteer clearing out thermometers at Costco. Spent his time in the line up bragging how much money he would make marking up the sale of these

Unknown:

LOL

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Mar 15, 2020

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
People in LA are so desperate for food that they’re actually starting to eat bread

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
https://youtu.be/18wybjhCqg8

What a piece of poopoo.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Protip: Hand sanitizer and toilet paper are both highly flammable.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Very interesting read about the increasing likelihood of such pandemics

http://m.nautil.us/issue/83/intelligence/the-man-who-saw-the-pandemic-coming

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Very interesting read about the increasing likelihood of such pandemics

http://m.nautil.us/issue/83/intelligence/the-man-who-saw-the-pandemic-coming

quote:

If you and I were having this discussion 100 years ago, there were 6 billion fewer people on this planet. It took us the better part of our total existence of the species, 300,000 years, before we hit the 1 billion mark. But in 100 years we’ve added 6 billion people and we’ll add another 4 to 5 billion before the end of this century.

we are so hosed

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
My work hired a temp to walk around and wipe down surfaces and spray door knobs. I got my knobs hosed down every two hours on Friday. :agesilaus:

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

quote:

UK over-70s to be asked to self isolate for up to four months

looks like the government have remembered their key demographic.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The most alarming thing to me is discovering that people don't have a stockpile of toilet paper normally. Are the general public living life by the seat of their pants, only buying more when they're down to the last roll, or out completely?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

sassassin posted:

The most alarming thing to me is discovering that people don't have a stockpile of toilet paper normally. Are the general public living life by the seat of their pants, only buying more when they're down to the last roll, or out completely?

Yeah I think this is true for 90% of society. Buy an 8-12 pack, when you get down to your last two rolls, stick it in your mental grocery list, buy another pack when you go to the store next time. Like milk or cheese.

I think most households have 3-9 days worth of food in their house at any one time, plus a bag of frozen peas in their freezer from that one time.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

sassassin posted:

Unless you are a prepper it is normally not an issue.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

sassassin posted:

Us poors sometimes have none.
Once you get good at being poor, you just make sure to run out of food a few days beforehand. Problem solved. No eating, no pooping.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

BBC saying "US airport chaos as UK plans to isolate over-70s".

Flight Aware shows all US domestic and international air hubs as wide open. Do they mean British Boomers trying to get out?

We don't want them.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

sassassin posted:

Well there's buying a 30-48 roll pack and then there's loading a 10' pile onto a Costco sled. No, no one normally buys a years supply at once.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Fabulousity posted:

BBC saying "US airport chaos as UK plans to isolate over-70s".

Flight Aware shows all US domestic and international air hubs as wide open. Do they mean British Boomers trying to get out?

We don't want them.

Nah, it's just a bad headline (well 2 really)

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Why would you? Once your pack of 10 rolls or so is down to 2 you have 2+ days (depending on the number of household members) to buy new TP. Why would you under normal circumstances hoard enough TP to last several weeks?

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
Some of us live in small boxes with little storage space. Gotta be prepared to waffle stomp.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

I thought the US had a (pre-existing) opiate epidemic?
One thing I know about opiates is that they mean you poop twice a week at best, and said poops need minimal wiping at worst

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I hope those fuckers get shanked during a botched TP deal

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

sassassin posted:

I live in a share house and we take turns buying TP when we're starting to run low which is usually not a problem, but I have a few spare rolls hidden in secret locations just in case. There's only been a handful of times over the last decade I've had to tell a housemate "The last roll is about to run out and it's your turn and if you don't buy any today I'm wiping my rear end with your towels tomorrow." I could have jumped the gun and just bought more myself but I've found that once you start doing some housemates just stop bothering altogether.

There's a 24 hour convenience store just down the street which usually stocks it (although they've been totally sold out every time I've been in the last few weeks) so they usually don't have any excuse apart from laziness

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
* opens briefcase filled with 4 ply tp with floral patterns *

warcraft_boyfriend_99
Aug 12, 2007

by Pragmatica

do you have a team number, might as well goon this up as well and try to make a difference.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Just start wiping with sand paper, plenty of that around.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

speng31b posted:

I've had arguments with otherwise-rational peers in the management team at my company about this over the past few days. They are afraid that when their team is inevitably allowed to go remote they will be unresponsive and get no work done, and projects will fall behind. I asked if they noticed a pattern where less-productive team members were magically made more productive merely by in-person attendance, or if those people had to be poked and prodded just as much when working in the office.

I think what I've concluded is that managers put too much stock in the effectiveness of their constant badgering, and equate it with productivity.

Manager are incompetent who failed forward most of the time.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 15, 2020

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

unpacked robinhood posted:

* opens briefcase filled with 4 ply tp with floral patterns *

Real playas hire a trailer

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

speng31b posted:

I've had arguments with otherwise-rational peers in the management team at my company about this over the past few days. They are afraid that when their team is inevitably allowed to go remote they will be unresponsive and get no work done, and projects will fall behind. I asked if they noticed a pattern where less-productive team members were magically made more productive merely by in-person attendance, or if those people had to be poked and prodded just as much when working in the office.

I think what I've concluded is that managers put too much stock in the effectiveness of their constant badgering, and equate it with productivity.

this is the middle manager apocalypse. if everyone can successful work from home for the next month all the managers will all be out of a job by May

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Real playas hire a trailer

Someone throw a road flare into that pile please

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What's the most essential, most absolutely necessary thing you need in case of an epidemic?

TOILET PAPER HURR

- Americans, like for real, not a joke

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

The director(she has a different title but that's pretty much her role) was a bout to send a bunch of us to work from home; she worked on it for three days to make sure everything is done only to get the plugged pulled at the very last minute. So where I work is own by another company(the field operation side of the business) and we share offices. The site director decided that the personal who can't do their job remotely, like people working in the warehouse, onsite tech and the repair crew will be separated in 2 teams that will work 2/3 days a week. So the higher up from the company I worked for just jeopardized this plan because they are idiots. They also don`t work in the same province that we are and we are slowly going in full lockdown versus their province were they are doing fuckall. Thing will go down fast Monday I presume and either my higher up will get the boot(or at least owned) or the site director.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Mar 15, 2020

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

netBuff
Nov 7, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Cockmaster posted:

Can they not restrict international travel? Does the "free travel" agreement that comes with EU membership make no exception for disease control? Or is that simply a matter of them being unable to set up so many checkpoints so quickly?

Europe is tut-tutting at countries who institute some semblance of bordel control because "social consequences" and number go down.

They absolutely can, multiple EU/Schengen countries have already implemented heavy travel restrictions.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I hope those fuckers get shanked during a botched TP deal

Every single one of them deserves to be in jail for crisis profiteering.

e: that option unavailable, sometimes vigilante justice is good and proper

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Mar 15, 2020

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

netBuff posted:

They absolutely can, multiple EU/Schengen countries have already implemented heavy travel restrictions.

I know. Doesn't stop Von der Leyen from flailing about because Europe is about being huge pussies and getting owned in return

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

If you need to learn more about bidets , I have the following resource

https://www.sandman.com/intimist.html

Includes walk through video and 51 minute audio recording of information about this Cadillac bidet

20% off with coupon “NoMoreTP”

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Philthy posted:

Another strain?

I had heard this and it seems likely- a milder strain that is almost totally asymptomatic, and another that is deadly to nearly everyone it infects- perhaps the tests are configured to detect both despite being different? I'm not a doctor and it's too late to become one

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
no that turns out to have been wrong. there are genetic differences but they all have the same effect it seems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

sassassin posted:

I grew up with a mom who always forgot to buy enough and frequently ran out, causing us to make due with paper tissues.
The trauma this left me with made sure I always have a couple of packs in the basement. Nothing close to what lunatics are hoarding atm, though.