Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The chats are starting now

the 10 mins i caught in the car were good as

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
People were absolutely blitzing Aldi at Marsden Park this afternoon. A lot of things were out of stock and they were enforcing quantity limits (these weren't posted on the shelves so it really slowed down the checkouts).

By contrast, the Shepherd's Bay IGA had everything except toilet paper in stock, although they were out of some brands and sizes of other stuff. If anyone wants bulk rice, they have 10kg bags.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

whoever does the WASH HANDS skywriting needs to do a STOP PANIC BUYING message

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Real Jahash hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLT_WQSkYrU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-...st-results.html

can you take your trash back tia

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Qantas are finally letting us change our Japan flights without charging so that's off.

Might go back to Tassie instead.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Dad when you get back from overseas it's now mandatory to self isolate. Let me know what you'll need and I'll run you out some groceries"
"Do you think it would be alright if I went into work after hours?"
"...No Dad."

:cripes:

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Sure, take back more than half your pop from oz

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I haven't seen anything about how they're going to enforce self-isolation and what the penalties will be for breaching it.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Airstream Driver posted:

Qantas are finally letting us change our Japan flights without charging so that's off.

Might go back to Tassie instead.

The kids won't have any problems with their airline tickets but they don't know yet what will happen with their train tickets and tickets they've already bought for events and tourist attractions.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Random checks and $13,000 fine in QLD. WA $50,000*.

e; * up to

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Woolworths suspends Victorian delivery services due to 'extraordinary demand'

The supermarket has moved to cancel delivery services "until further notice" after experiencing high levels of demand for groceries over the weekend in Victoria, a spokesperson has said.

It will continue to service online deliveries in the state — but only in select metropolitan areas, it added.

"We understand the decision to suspend delivery services out of Victorian stores will be incredibly frustrating for our customers and apologise for the inconvenience caused," the spokesperson said.

"We're currently processing refunds on existing orders for customers.

"We believe this is a necessary step to allow our team members to prioritise restocking shelves and serving customers in our Victorian stores."

The supermarket is looking to resume online services out of its stores "as soon as possible".

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-15/coronavirus-australia-live-updates-covid-19-latest-news/12056788

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Gonna be a lot of pissed off housebound customers.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Apparently we are now to enforce social distancing at school. So far it just involves assemblies and excursions. I'd like to see them enforce it in a classroom though cause there isn't enough room in any of my classroms to make that work.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Its not going to be such a big deal, homeshop customers are just going to go from getting 10% of their orders to 0% of their orders

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ninaoyama/status/1239118160395001857

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Fourth Australian covid-19 death is a 77 year old woman from Noosaville. She's the youngest to date.

A 90 year old from the same nursing home as two other victims also died on the weekend.

With so many people social distancing and working from home, I wonder how the NBN is going to hold up. Gonna be a whole lot of video calling happening.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Mar 15, 2020

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lolie posted:

Gonna be a whole lot of video calling happening.

My webcam has been broken for 10 years now, such a shame.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I picked the perfect time to change employers and move from Bathurst to Western Sydney.

I'm a big ole idiot

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
NVJ's Juggalo facepaint makes him immune to coronavirus, but not Coronas.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Raged posted:

I picked the perfect time to change employers and move from Bathurst to Western Sydney.

I'm a big ole idiot

At least you didn't just put $42k down on an off the plan apartment, a questionable decision even before the poo poo hit the fan.

Possibilities now seem to be:

-apartment is finished in October as planned and I won't be approved for enough financing because the value has plummeted
-apartment completion is delayed and I'm stuck in my apartment that I can't sleep past 5:30am in.
-apartment is never finished, company goes bankrupt and I never see my deposit

$42k was my annual salary for many years back in North America.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
The seppo hosed up

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Richard Wilkins diagnosed with COVID-19
The veteran entertainment reporter has returned a positive result for coronavirus after meeting with Hollywood star Rita Wilson after her Sydney Opera House performance.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Apparently we are now to enforce social distancing at school. So far it just involves assemblies and excursions. I'd like to see them enforce it in a classroom though cause there isn't enough room in any of my classroms to make that work.

Which state are you in? We’ve changed procedure for assembly etc too, but will be interesting to see how long we stay open.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Big Willy Style posted:

The seppo hosed up

Yeah. Had a good year long run in Oz, was really enjoying life for once. Should have expected a global pandemic to gently caress it all up.

Don't qualify for medicare here either, and I'm asthmatic.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Lolie posted:

With so many people social distancing and working from home, I wonder how the NBN is going to hold up. Gonna be a whole lot of video calling happening.

If NBNco was on Team Australia they would declare a CVC holiday.
Won't help the poor bastards on HFC though...

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

~Coxy posted:

Won't help the poor bastards on HFC though...

That would be me.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

femcastra posted:

Which state are you in? We’ve changed procedure for assembly etc too, but will be interesting to see how long we stay open.

Nsw and the boss sent out an email confirming no assemblies and no excursions from here on out. It’ll be interesting to see if parent teacher night goes ahead as planned in a couple of weeks or if schools are shut before then.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Yeah. Had a good year long run in Oz, was really enjoying life for once. Should have expected a global pandemic to gently caress it all up.

Don't qualify for medicare here either, and I'm asthmatic.

The buying an apartment off the plan was the loving up bit. Buying off the plan is usually a poor move. Buying an apartment built after the oughties with our current lovely building regulations is a poor move.

Hopefully it all works out ok for you mate.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

It’ll be interesting to see if parent teacher night goes ahead as planned in a couple of weeks or if schools are shut before then.

I have no doubt at all that schools in NSW, Vic and QLD will be shut by Monday next week. I think you’ll see attendance massively drop throughout this week as parents choose to self-isolate their families (those that can). But I still don’t think it will be an order from the top, because #scottyfrommarketing doesn’t want to hurt the economy.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Big Willy Style posted:

The buying an apartment off the plan was the loving up bit. Buying off the plan is usually a poor move. Buying an apartment built after the oughties with our current lovely building regulations is a poor move.

Hopefully it all works out ok for you mate.

As a foreigner it's difficult to buy non-new property and everything we looked at seemed to have combustible cladding. :(

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

UQ just postponed all courses for a week.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

I saw that #DWTSAU was trending on twitter and thought for a moment that it was related to coronavirus and heaps of people were jamming Down With The Sickness but turns out its just some dumb dancing tv show

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Refreshing my work email hoping for a closure

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Visible Stink posted:

I saw that #DWTSAU was trending on twitter and thought for a moment that it was related to coronavirus and heaps of people were jamming Down With The Sickness but turns out its just some dumb dancing tv show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBOpk33VlSg

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

well there it is, the great state of Victoria has declared a state of emergency, only a matter of time now until schools are closed. i have today and tomorrow off work then back on wednesday and i am afraid of how hosed things are gonna be. i am fully prepared to bunker down and not leave my house for weeks/months if i have to but the tension and atmosphere waiting for the inevitable is getting to me.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

naeka posted:

well there it is, the great state of Victoria has declared a state of emergency, only a matter of time now until schools are closed. i have today and tomorrow off work then back on wednesday and i am afraid of how hosed things are gonna be. i am fully prepared to bunker down and not leave my house for weeks/months if i have to but the tension and atmosphere waiting for the inevitable is getting to me.

Yeah it's starting to feel like a matter of time at my state school work.

The whole "1.5m seperation" is poo poo house and impossible in any school over 500 students

Parents are going to be keeping kids home

Should be interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

my office is considered an essential service and can't work from home so we are literally just waiting for someone to get infected before we are allowed to go isolate.