Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Glue Factory DLC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Glue Man dlc

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Vahakyla posted:

I don’t see why you can’t sell a horse in RDO. You should be able to, at least once a day.

Because you could make cash without grinding like a madman. Horses are super easy to find and capture. Can't have that when turning in a bounty gives you like 6$

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I don't see how that's different from killing and skinning animals.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
Really wish there was more post-game content in single player since RDO is trash.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

verbal enema posted:

Glue Man dlc

https://youtu.be/qLj1aVL0oB8

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I don't see how that's different from killing and skinning animals.

Yeah I don’t recall horse selling in single player giving very much money, I don’t know why they couldn’t add it into rdo without breaking the economy.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
I'm guessing horses (and guns) are among the few things in the game that they can get people to pay real money for.
Hard to convince people to buy gold if all you got to do is lasso a perfectly adequate horse in the wild.

I agree that it sucks, but my guess is that's the rationale.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

my man lol

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Charles Mansion posted:

Really wish there was more post-game content in single player since RDO is trash.

Me too, I tried online and spent a week getting griefed by trolls and hackers before I totally gave up, though I’m hankering for more cowboy so I might try a evil run soon

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

I really wish you could play as Arthur in the postgame via video game logic or something. I never did any of the legendary hunting or fishing, but I'm having a hard time finding motivation to play as John :smith:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Jeff Goldblum posted:

you are not Rooster Cogburn.

I take offense at this

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

I don’t understand Micahs actions when returning from island. Why was he snitching when we clearly were basically home free? I also don’t understand why Molly took the blame.

The Arthur end game kind of stinks.

Way too many Dutch “lol I’m crazy and starting poo poo, one more score!” Stuff and Arthur keeps going. Arthur should have fought back immediately after the betrayal at the oil factory.

Still, 10/10 fantastic game.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

I don’t understand Micahs actions when returning from island. Why was he snitching when we clearly were basically home free? I also don’t understand why Molly took the blame.

Micah was picked up by the Pinkerton's riding home after guarma. He chose to snitch on the gang to stay alive as they'd probably execute him if he didn't say anything.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Way too many Dutch “lol I’m crazy and starting poo poo, one more score!” Stuff and Arthur keeps going. Arthur should have fought back immediately after the betrayal at the oil factory.

Still, 10/10 fantastic game.

Because he's yeller and always was :colbert:

Edit:

Charles Mansion posted:

OpenIV announced RDR2 support, and that's a big crux to getting some substantial modding going.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Hihohe posted:

Micah was picked up by the Pinkerton's riding home after guarma. He chose to snitch on the gang to stay alive as they'd probably execute him if he didn't say anything.

Plus they only went to Guarma because bronte backstabbed them (or front stabbed I guess since Dutch starts everything) and tipped the pinkertons off to the botched train station heist. If anything they were probably closing up on the gang really fast.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Micah really is the weak link in the game and it really sucks. Because Rockstar tells these very first person narratives, their bad guys are always kind of weak, because there's only so much you ever see of them in the game.

But Micah could have been incredibly interesting since you could just interact with him throughout the game. But he's such an exaggerated dirtbag. His whole narrative is very, very lightly informed by Robert Ford (Sycophant who betrays his idol). And I think they could have done something better with that. Like having a character like Kieran or Sean end up being the big bad. Someone you actually like who fits into Dutch's cycle of having a favored young-blood character.

Inversely Molly's narrative actually is nice and subtle. You see her relationship fall about with Dutch and she's constantly trying to get Arthur or him to just loving listen to her. She just wants to be noticed.

quote:

This, I disagree with though. I think one of the big reveals of Red Dead 2 is that John really misinterpreted events in RDR. Dutch never went crazy. Dutch is a bullshitter and manipulator. Always was. One of my favorite little things in the game is that you hear the story of him teaching someone to read a couple of times, but by the third time it stops being sweet, and you realize that it's an indoctrination tactic.

I get the cliche of Rockstar characters being sarcastic assholes who do what they're told regardless, but I think they did a good job of selling why Arthur stayed with the gang (Habit but also trying to be there for John, Sadie, and Charles who still have a chance at life) while still giving him an outlet for being his own man (Getting rid of Strauss, the tribe missions that are optional).

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Aw, poo poo. I forgot to log in for challenges yesterday and lost my 72 day streak.

This is where I stop playing altogheter until something new (Outlaw pass, new role...) comes out, right?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
doing some quarantine role playing in armadillo

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Hihohe posted:

See I got that completely. My question was “why did Micah continue to snitch after the moment he was back with the gang?” Like he was basically home free.

Also why were the Pinkerton loving waiting so long? They attack the gang in the swamp but after that they just wait forever.

The Pinkertons already have enough cause to kill/capture the gang, so it makes no sense that they wait so long to make their move after the gang flees the swamp.

IF Micah is continuing to snitch (which the game purports that he is), then the Pinkertons should have been aware of the gangs location (all of them) the entire time after getting back from the island. But the pinkertons don’t act like it. They wait for the gang to cause a bunch more mayhem over like 12 missions.

And Molly is a great character with a tragic arc but it doesn’t explain why she took the blame for snitching or even how she would know there was a snitch considering she had been gone for so long.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
The Pinkertons are fascists, and therefore cowards. The Van der Linde gang has a superhuman, nigh-unkillable cowboy named Arthur Morgan, so they have to wait until the gang's morale crumbles from within to make their move.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Arcella posted:

The Pinkertons are fascists, and therefore cowards. The Van der Linde gang has a superhuman, nigh-unkillable cowboy named Arthur Morgan, so they have to wait until the gang's morale crumbles from within to make their move.

:hai:

Arthur what's going on with your eyes pard :ohdear:

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I wish you could buy a mule.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Capn Beeb posted:

:hai:

Arthur what's going on with your eyes pard :ohdear:

Arthur was actually a Witcher this whole time.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Hrng. This would look awesome in RDO (minus the Pip-Boy).

New bug, to me, anyway: Using the metal detector and the jeanropke map, found two different buried item locations - but the "dig" prompt never pops up, even when the detector light is solid and the sound is "you're here".

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Ygolonac posted:

Hrng. This would look awesome in RDO (minus the Pip-Boy).

New bug, to me, anyway: Using the metal detector and the jeanropke map, found two different buried item locations - but the "dig" prompt never pops up, even when the detector light is solid and the sound is "you're here".

You can get most of the way there:

And make sure you're not full on that collectible. Can't dig more once you have ten of something.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Took the picture for a guide and a discord thing. Since we're sharing pictures:

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

FuturePastNow posted:

You can get most of the way there:

And make sure you're not full on that collectible. Can't dig more once you have ten of something.

One was a coin I only had like three of, the other was a random box. Reconnected later and they showed up just fine.

Random dig locations have been pretty good, so far. I've only run into one that was "empty" after opening the box - did get 50 XP for trying, though.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Call me weird, but im kinda waiting to see if they set up those RP servers that they have for GTA. I always thought those were neat.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
RedM is a thing and it exists currently. Not sure if people play it or what they do on it

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Not possible to get Arthur to Armadillo?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Neigh. Don't bother.

I was surprised New Austin had almost zero single player content even in the epilogue.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Honestly, I don't really mind that. What exists of New Austin in the main story kind of stretches credibility to begin with, but beyond that, I think New Austin is mostly there to sort of justify the Online experience.

So much of the map is fake Louisiana. It a very non-Western Western.

Negative_Earth
Apr 18, 2002

BeiiN AlL ii CaN B

Timeless Appeal posted:

Honestly, I don't really mind that. What exists of New Austin in the main story kind of stretches credibility to begin with, but beyond that, I think New Austin is mostly there to sort of justify the Online experience.

So much of the map is fake Louisiana. It a very non-Western Western.

Ambarino is equally underutilized.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Finally got around to getting this for PC while it was on sale today. Is this game still a buggy crashing mess?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yes, and full of cheaters too.

Single Player is good though.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Weird, my singleplayer just stopped working out of no where . Game goes through the loading screens, then a Windows error ding, black game screen with a loading icon spinning and unable to alt-tab, alt-f4 or ctrl-alt-del out of the game forcing a hard reset of the entire computer :stare:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
We postin' our characters? Cause the concho pants are finally back

Whom'st wishes to live fancy

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Negative_Earth posted:

Ambarino is equally underutilized.

I actually wrote about it on Reddit how big parts of the map are not really used for anything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RedDeadOnl...utm_name=iossmf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The guy you're quoting is specifically talking about Single Player, which your map definitely highlights where missions are. Your highlighted part of New Austin is used for a Single Player epilogue mission. he Penitentiary is definitely used in... chapter 6, I want to say.

Making Online take place BEFORE the main game was ill-conceived and is holding them back... huh, exactly the same thing that happened in GTO. Weird how the same loving problems keep happening. :rockstar:

Zesty fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 18, 2020