Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Iymarra posted:

The back of that packet reads 'Ingame Purchases'

Uh. What is that?

DLC down the road I’d wager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Iymarra posted:

Uh. What is that?

there will almost certainly be some form of DLC, maybe some of the New Leaf nintendo themed furniture and all, or some classic sets that didn't make the cut at first, I doubt it'll be anything huge

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

They're holding the gyroids for ransom. :mad:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Next batch of gangtags queued up for delivery :slick:

It's getting easier to find people who don't have one, as the whole loving thread is pretty much tagged up at this point :v:

I've given you a tag. If you don't want it, send me a PM and I'll remove it.

Is there any chance I could get the tag added to the bottom of the ones I already have? :shobon:

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe
K.K. Slider sold out and wants you to buy his jams now

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I... I just... Why isn't it Friday yet??? I demand to speak to someone!

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Iymarra posted:

Uh. What is that?

I think if you try to use online features without having the Nintendo online service you can buy it in game. Though like Pokemon they'll probably have a big dlc or expansion eventually and are preparing for that.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah I’m not shocked by the idea of DLC for this game; pretty much every major Nintendo release has it.

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

In game purchases/DLC?

Also, this is a good time to repost some other AC themed smilies I did, featuring everyone's fave pupper.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Iymarra posted:

Uh. What is that?

They're linking your in game mortgage to your actual mortgage

If you don't have a mortgage then you only get to rent a tent on another player's island

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

History Comes Inside! posted:

They're linking your in game mortgage to your actual mortgage

I’m down for this if I can grind down my own mortgage by selling fish to a vendor, even at free to play mobile game return rates

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
Has the amiibo card functionality been detailed yet? Will it be similar to New Leaf? As much as I would love to have randos in my town I'll eventually want the superior neighbors (Marshal, Bluebear, Scoot, etc.)

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Hello thread, I'm allowing myself to feel the hype now for NH since its only a few days (!!) away. I spent so much time in the GC game and later in NL it's unreal, and I'm looking forward to making my island amazing. I even took Friday off work so I can give it my full attention.

Have you guys got a firm idea for your island name yet? Do we know how many characters the name can be? I'm tempted to name mine Belpen like my first GC town but I'm not sure yet.

Also are people adding friend codes? Heres mine! SW-6081-0669-6608. I'll go back through the thread and add those I see!

Also I might as well post my painting of my favourite villager that I did back when NL was newly out!

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Sold. Preordering right now.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Poop DEVO

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That's cute, it sorta reminds me of the later Mario & Luigi games after they moved away from more pixelart type design to something more painterly.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I really hope that the 3DS item comes back in some fashion and you can play the AC version of Tetris Attack/Panel De Pon again. The Lip Wig was a powerful hairstyle, especially if your villager is sporting purple hair.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I hereby decree, my entire town will wear this. EVERYONE BEND THE KNEE TO THE ICE CREAM HAT TOWN.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Captain Hygiene posted:

That's cute, it sorta reminds me of the later Mario & Luigi games after they moved away from more pixelart type design to something more painterly.

The later games still use pixel art, it's just the artists are freakishly good holy poo poo

The only time they used 3D models were the 3DS final bosses and at the end of Bowser Jr's Quest or whatever its called they used a 3D model for Dry Bowser.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Aw hell, I just had a thought I'm not too happy about. Seeing as I'm probably the only person who may run into this potential issue, it's likely I'll just have to test this early on and find out for myself. I'm, uh, wondering if I'll need to turn my Switch's auto shutdown off. It's real nice to have, but if it interrupts the Int'l Dump's hours of operation I'm gonna have to turn off the power saving. Like, I'm mostly probably going to leave the airport open and sit myself down on a chair with "AFK Nerd Zone" written somewhere nearby.

Anybody know if having active online functions temporarily disables the console's power saving auto shutoff?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The later games still use pixel art, it's just the artists are freakishly good holy poo poo

Oh yeah, I know it technically still is, I was just struggling to describe the difference between the first few and the later ones/remakes. They're very well done, regardless.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oh poo poo I just found my old 3DS and my AC cart was in it. No idea where the power adapter is, so I ordered a usb style one from Amazon and it’ll get here a day before New Horizons!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I wanted the journal so I ordered it on target... and it won’t be here till next Sunday through Tuesday :shepicide:

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

dorium posted:

I hereby decree, my entire town will wear this. EVERYONE BEND THE KNEE TO THE ICE CREAM HAT TOWN.

"Ice cream" :mmmhmm:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Whimsicalfuckery posted:

Hello thread, I'm allowing myself to feel the hype now for NH since its only a few days (!!) away. I spent so much time in the GC game and later in NL it's unreal, and I'm looking forward to making my island amazing. I even took Friday off work so I can give it my full attention.

Have you guys got a firm idea for your island name yet? Do we know how many characters the name can be? I'm tempted to name mine Belpen like my first GC town but I'm not sure yet.

Also are people adding friend codes? Heres mine! SW-6081-0669-6608. I'll go back through the thread and add those I see!

Also I might as well post my painting of my favourite villager that I did back when NL was newly out!

10-character limit. Mine's going to be called LeBonZone, with whatever spaces I can cram in there. I'm sharing the island with my husband.

There's a friend code spreadsheet in the OP. Add yourself there and start adding people! I'm in there and I will accept any requests that come my way.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

dorium posted:

I will plunge ice cream hat town into chaos from my porcelain throne.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

BombermanX posted:

I will plunge ice cream hat town into chaos from my porcelain throne.

and we will clog the town square, we will overflow your town in a mad takeover.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

LionArcher posted:

I wanted the journal so I ordered it on target... and it won’t be here till next Sunday through Tuesday :shepicide:

I wanted goodies from Nintendo NYC store way back but I just got the online pre-order seeing how bad this epidemic is turning out. Just yesterday they tweeted they're reducing hours and I wouldn't be shocked if they close up shop before then 20th.

On the brightside, I'm making villager amiibos and sending it to my friend tomorrow. Hope she likes them. :toot:

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

10-character limit. Mine's going to be called LeBonZone, with whatever spaces I can cram in there. I'm sharing the island with my husband.

There's a friend code spreadsheet in the OP. Add yourself there and start adding people! I'm in there and I will accept any requests that come my way.

Thanks!! I will do :)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shoehead posted:

I... I just... Why isn't it Friday yet??? I demand to speak to someone!

many people are saying this, yet still it's NOT friday?! Collusion???

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=e-s-d-s-e-s-d-s-f-e-d-f-e-s-z-z&title=Pizza

Can't wait to spend 3 hours on the island name selection screen paralyzed by indecision

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

many people are saying this, yet still it's NOT friday?! Collusion???

Yet more proof the government is deep in the pockets of big calendar!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I once went into a gas station where nobody was around. Cashier wasn't present, didn't leave a note, it was very late, I reckon they fell asleep somewhere. I went behind the counter, grabbed my pack of smokes, got out my 6 bucks, showed it to the camera, gave a thumbs up and a wink and left the money on the counter. It's not stealing if you help yourself and leave the money. I share this story now, hopefully, for you to walk into a sleepy walmart or something and self-buy yourself a copy-- tonight!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wal Mart usually has the games locked into the shelves for this very reason and also to stoke my social anxiety when I have to find a dude to unlock it for me.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

liquidypoo posted:

Aw hell, I just had a thought I'm not too happy about. Seeing as I'm probably the only person who may run into this potential issue, it's likely I'll just have to test this early on and find out for myself. I'm, uh, wondering if I'll need to turn my Switch's auto shutdown off. It's real nice to have, but if it interrupts the Int'l Dump's hours of operation I'm gonna have to turn off the power saving. Like, I'm mostly probably going to leave the airport open and sit myself down on a chair with "AFK Nerd Zone" written somewhere nearby.

Anybody know if having active online functions temporarily disables the console's power saving auto shutoff?

Get your driftiest joycon and turn it on so it spends all day running into the corner? Else, use a rubberband to do the same? I used to use rubber bands to level up skills in Morrowind, they're a miracle strap of rubber.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

liquidypoo posted:

I actually can't think of a way to test this, because most online games on the Switch I play just kick you off if you idle too long. Which might be something else to consider.

Squidder
Mar 19, 2003

King of the Cat Tree

Oven Wrangler

Infinitum posted:

OK line in the sand time so I have some sanity while I do this, because I'm gonna have to get methodical up in this mother fucker so I don't miss anyone.

jackhunter64 is going to update the main list one last time for anyone above this line.

============================================================================================================

If you are below this line and :siren: HAVEN'T ALREADY REQUESTED ONE :siren: feel free to request one and I will queue you up.

Please be nice because there is likely gonna be 200 people and I gotta do all this nonsense manually.

I'd love a tag if you'd be so kind!

I've added myself to the spreadsheet, let's all be friends! I had a blast playing New Leaf with everyone and can't wait to turn my island into a flowery paradise.

Just a reminder for those with Costco memberships, you can get $50 eShop cards for $44.99. If you order online they email you a code, so no need to leave the house!

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Oh my I'm a Raccoon Goon now

RELEASE THE GAME NINTENDO

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Idia posted:

I wanted goodies from Nintendo NYC store way back but I just got the online pre-order seeing how bad this epidemic is turning out. Just yesterday they tweeted they're reducing hours and I wouldn't be shocked if they close up shop before then 20th.

On the brightside, I'm making villager amiibos and sending it to my friend tomorrow. Hope she likes them. :toot:

Debating canceling my pre order and just ordering it digitally... ugh but I love having the switch box...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm getting it physical because of the Wal Mart discount. I also did some Gamestop trading today to get a bit of extra cash. Every bit counts.