Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

bonds dropping at the same time as stocks. wonder where this is all headed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Spergin Morlock posted:

if i could be bothered, id check in with NPRs planet money. i gave npr up back around Charlottesville, but it has to be a hoot to hear the sad music and kai rysdahl's (or however he spells it) stupid voice describing poo poo right about now

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwHuBxyq-5U

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Spergin Morlock posted:

Even Gold/precious metals are selling. There isn't a typical flight to safety response this time. It's all going cash.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

Liz Warren had a team of 5 people monitoring her Twitter mentions.

She had no pollsters.

WHOOOOOOOO

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Eat This Glob posted:

if i could be bothered, id check in with NPRs planet money. i gave npr up back around Charlottesville, but it has to be a hoot to hear the sad music and kai rysdahl's (or however he spells it) stupid voice describing poo poo right about now

"I'm kai ryssdahl and WE....

are hosed!"

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
We live in a Marketplace.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

moist turtleneck posted:

that time zuck did trial balloons for president

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

paul_soccer12 posted:

That gigantic troves of leaked Afghanistan documents late last year that put a lie to the last 20 years of American foreign policy but no one cares because of Ukraine or whatever

I legit forgot about those! wow

And the time time trump wanted to buy greenland for a week, and then cancelled a meeting with denmark

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it was one of his many many early EOs that was basically impossible to interpret

LOL, the ol' steve bannon special

Remember Steve Bannon? The white supremacist alcoholic who looked like a rotting corpse on a bad hair day? Made all his money from seinfeld, always wore at least 2-3 button up shirts on top of each other? Only got fired because magazines wrote too many "the power behind the throne" articles about him? Yeah, he wrote all those early orders that were too hosed up to be interpreted let alone legal

I wonder when he'll get re-hired to the whitehouse, haha

Vim Fuego has issued a correction as of 11:38 on Mar 13, 2020

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Bannon ran a WoW gold farming operation.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Bannon ran a gold farming operation and what he saw of gamers made him go "Say, I bet these angry idiot morons could be useful."

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Bannon put acid in his bathtub and secured the doors with extra padlocks for an unknown reason

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Too bad Bannon is cartoonishly evil, because drat does he have hustle.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Bannon has a film credit, as I believe executive producer, on "Titus", the 1999 film adaptation of Titus Andronicus starring Anthony Hopkins, Jessica Lange, and Alan Cumming

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme
Steven Mnuchin produced Mad Max: Fury Road

And Silvio Berlusconi produced Dellamorte Dellamore/Cemetery Man

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Silvio Berlusconi was in Propaganda Due

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme
Also only politics related in the loosest sense, but in the terrible 2008 movie Mirrors, Kiefer Sutherland plays a private security guard named Ben Carson.

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

I'm sure Steven Mnuchin has a bunch of producer credits but I cannot describe how hard I laughed when his name came up at the end of Suicide Squad

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Rex Tillerson, James "Mad Dog" Mattis, and Steve Mnuchin had a suicide pact where if Trump fired one of them the others would quit; strangely, Mnuchin didn't quit when Trump axed Tillerson and then Mattis :thunk:

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Eat This Glob posted:

trap sprung, mother fucker

he ain’t on that one

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the film "Daddy's Home" starring Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg was part-financed by money embezzled from the Malaysian government

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
all the extremely online wokescolds getting mad at matt christman for calling him "pete buttchug" and saying that was homophobic

because only gay guys drink booze with their rear end ofc

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Useful Distraction posted:

Also only politics related in the loosest sense, but in the terrible 2008 movie Mirrors, Kiefer Sutherland plays a private security guard named Ben Carson.

In the movie Prisoners (2013), Paul Dano plays a retarded man, suspected of kidnapping two children, named Alex Jones

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lmao

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Paula Deen planned to hire middle-aged black men to act as slaves for her plantation-themed wedding

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
paula deen only ever said the n-word once, and it was immediately after getting robbed when she was a bank clerk

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
robert orourke

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

paul_soccer12 posted:

robert orourke

does saying this in DND still get a probation?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Spergin Morlock posted:

does saying this in DND still get a probation?

forget about bernie bros, liz lads, and pete pals. beto males are the real source of toxicity online

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

paul_soccer12 posted:

robert francis orourke

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

vyelkin posted:

the film "Daddy's Home" starring Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg was part-financed by money embezzled from the Malaysian government
In 2007 the owner of a multi-billion-dollar subprime mortgage company spent $26 million of the company's money and destroyed several of his own supercars to create a crash-heavy racing movie as a vanity project. It made $8 million at the box office and by 2009 he had declared bankruptcy.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Francis Robinette Orourke

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Francis HUSSEIN O’Rourke

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode

vyelkin posted:

So was The Wolf of Wall Street

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Which video game was it that lost Rhode Island like a lot of money?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

NightGyr posted:

So was The Wolf of Wall Street

it was, but imo Daddy's Home is funnier because The Wolf of Wall Street is so on the nose

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Syncopated posted:

it was curt schilling’s studio38. I don’t know the name of the actual game

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Syncopated posted:

https://kotaku.com/remember-when-curt-schilling-ran-a-game-company-into-th-1772280172

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
It wasn't a completely godawful game, just kinda unfinished on a visceral level and reminiscent of star citizen in that 80% of the promised product never actually happened. It was ultimately a released, playable RPG in the end but Schilling couldn't help but run the company itself into the ground before it got to any of the promised "good stuff".