Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Based on historical storm evacuations I'd say the government won't be able to successfully implement any travel restrictions. Americans are too selfish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/i/status/1238683968817508352

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

owns

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Biden encouraging people to vote on Tuesday. JFC.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Squadron is doing multiple all calls at the chapel tomorrow

jesus loving christ air force

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d9pIBCCcNM

:sigh: a simpler time

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
More like dumb AF

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's amazing to see how people are somehow both panicking and not taking the situation seriously.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Schrödinger’s Panic. It’s not real, but in case it’s real you won’t see any skidmarks on my backside, nosiree :colbert:

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

It's amazing to see how people are somehow both panicking and not taking the situation seriously.

They are taking it seriously but too dumb to know what that entails. So they do what all management does for serious issues of big importance - Call a fuckin mandatory meeting.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

life pro tip: use the microwave to disinfect your phone, silverware etc

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
My work’s great solution was to tell people either work 7 am to 3 PM or 11 AM to 7 PM.

Lol

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Fister Roboto posted:

It's hard to properly estimate the risk and how to prepare for it. Most of us havent experienced a true pandemic so we have no collective memory either. People are mostly preparing for the worst and waiting for leadership to say it's actually arrived but habits are slowly changing even so.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
So if you have a FanDuel account you can bet on the debate tonight....

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Oh good, Andrew Cuomo is urging businesses to “aggressively consider” closing tomorrow.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Meanwhile, Gov Pritzker just announced:

https://twitter.com/royalpratt/status/1239279621847355394?s=21

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Fallom posted:

Squadron is doing multiple all calls at the chapel tomorrow

jesus loving christ air force

Meanwhile, my command (Army) has axed organized PT and instituted mandatory 6-foot distancing between all personnel.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Well. Airports have to be next.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Loden Taylor posted:

Meanwhile, my command (Army) has axed organized PT and instituted mandatory 6-foot distancing between all personnel.

how are you going to be someone's battle buddy from 6 feet away

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I wonder if the fed will step in to help all the small businesses across the nation that will be impacted by this, hmmmm

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Proud Christian Mom posted:

how are you going to be someone's battle buddy from 6 feet away

Battle buddy pairs will be issued a 6 foot section of rope that must be pulled taut at all times.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bloops posted:

Flying through O’Hare next week. Good times ahead.

I had to pop into River North yesterday. The number of people out for St Patty’s day was absurd.

Nobody gives a gently caress in the south. The entire town was out last night

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ part of why I left the south. Not that it mattered, half of Colorado Springs is southern chuds.

Loden Taylor posted:

Battle buddy pairs will be issued a 6 foot section of rope that must be pulled taut at all times.

This is exactly what my old HQ company would do, but with 550 cord.

They loved 550 cord, to the point that if you left your weapon anywhere, you were laced to it for a week after. And we rarely left post for poo poo so you might as well just splint it to your leg to be high speed.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lightpole posted:

I'm surprised you think flights will still be an option next week. Why are you assuming the US reaction is going to be different than Italy/France/Spain or that our results are going to be any better? Italy let the impending quarantine of the north leak, allowing people to leave before implementation and exacerbating the spread. That could easily happen in the US.

*looks at pictures*
That's already happened in the US

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nobody gives a gently caress in the south. The entire town was out last night

Trump country in general still thinks this is a liberal hoax and won’t change their minds until it actually gets close enough to impact them. The problem is, it already has and they don’t know it yet.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Trump country in general still thinks this is a liberal hoax and won’t change their minds until it actually gets close enough to impact them. The problem is, it already has and they don’t know it yet.

Spot on. How are you doing?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

maffew buildings posted:

I still am amazed part of the nation believes this is overblown and they should do whatever they want, but also that they must hoarde supplies because mass panic will ensue and they must be ready.

We have seen this kind of double talk so many times in history yet it always loving works as long as people are full of fear and hate instead of empathy. Geez.

Wait until you see the aftermath. The disease will be both a hoax and the donnie dickbrains decisive leadership will have spared us all from it.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Ohio just did the same. Dine-in restaurants and bars closed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Spot on. How are you doing?

Short of breath and sore chest but mostly ok. Stir crazy more than anything.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

https://twitter.com/robpalkwriter/status/1239126301589602305?s=19

Extremely normal

e: https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1239131459572596736

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 15, 2020

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wait until you see the aftermath. The disease will be both a hoax and the donnie dickbrains decisive leadership will have spared us all from it.

A total hoax by the deep state do-nothing radical leftist Democrats that had no impact on our country because Bigly Strong Daddy stopped it and all the damage it caused is their fault so be angry at them for it.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/15/federal-reserve-cuts-rates-to-zero-and-launches-massive-700-billion-quantitative-easing-program.html

KEY POINTS
In an emergency move Sunday, the Federal Reserve announced it is dropping its benchmark interest rate to zero and launching a new round of quantitative easing.
The QE program will entail $500 billion worth of asset purchases entailing Treasurys and mortgage-backed securities.

This is about to get interesting.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
If it causes the mayhem being predicated they're going to use this to further incite racial violence for sure.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

This is nauseating

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
We just got set to HPCON BRAVO, which apparently bans handshakes among other things.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Tonight's debate just got a lot more interesting

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/loisbeckett/status/1239298054676557824?s=19

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

bird cooch posted:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/15/federal-reserve-cuts-rates-to-zero-and-launches-massive-700-billion-quantitative-easing-program.html

KEY POINTS
In an emergency move Sunday, the Federal Reserve announced it is dropping its benchmark interest rate to zero and launching a new round of quantitative easing.
The QE program will entail $500 billion worth of asset purchases entailing Treasurys and mortgage-backed securities.

This is about to get interesting.

How is this supposed to help people?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Sorry if this was already posted. Video of Tom Cotton on Hannity's show last Friday, talking about how Hunter Biden and China have released this bioengineered pandemic on the world:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUrgDAMiDFc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

pmchem posted:

hahaha holy poo poo

"Reserve Requirements

For many years, reserve requirements played a central role in the implementation of monetary policy by creating a stable demand for reserves. In January 2019, the FOMC announced its intention to implement monetary policy in an ample reserves regime. Reserve requirements do not play a significant role in this operating framework.
In light of the shift to an ample reserves regime, the Board has reduced reserve requirement ratios to zero percent effective on March 26, the beginning of the next reserve maintenance period. This action eliminates reserve requirements for thousands of depository institutions and will help to support lending to households and businesses."

:rip: