Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I have quite a lot of legumes and pulses hoarded away and we visited the Macedonian inlaws yesterday and came away with several kilos of chillis from their garden (kinda like hungarian wax chillis) several large cabbages, preserved veg and some cauliflowers.

Going to fill the unit with toxic gas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Our work is functioning as usual despite the majority of our clients being 70+.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I've been out collecting shrooms

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Update: colleague who was also at the conference with guy self isolating has now gone home

I'm feeling a bit bleh but I think it was likely to do with the last weekend's weather, and is nothing overly symptomatic. Just my normal Monday feelings I think.

Normally when I get sick, it's cold when I breathe thru my nose so I'm not noticing that at all

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Inside of a classroom 1.5 meter separation is impossible. I await the school being shut sooner rather than later

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

This year I'm going back to uni to study IT, and part of that will be getting back onto Austudy.

Well I would, but after doing the digital form you still gotta go into a branch to show physical documents.

I would, but I know making an appointment is best, but you can't do that online for some loving reason, you have to call.

I would call, but as you can imagine the phone lines are totally blocked up right now.

So one can only imagine that the offices are also completely blocked up too, and is likely not a good time to go there!

I just loving hate how an important government function has been made to be as frustrating as possible for the simple reason of hoping that it makes people give up.

Ah well, at least I chose a great time to get out of the casual ESL teaching area a month ago, otherwise I'd be getting forced out of that right about now anyway...

/vent

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i think i'm gonna grow a self isolation moustache, i'll emerge from my cocoon looking rad as gently caress

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Xerxes17 posted:

This year I'm going back to uni to study IT, and part of that will be getting back onto Austudy.

Well I would, but after doing the digital form you still gotta go into a branch to show physical documents.

I would, but I know making an appointment is best, but you can't do that online for some loving reason, you have to call.

I would call, but as you can imagine the phone lines are totally blocked up right now.

So one can only imagine that the offices are also completely blocked up too, and is likely not a good time to go there!

I just loving hate how an important government function has been made to be as frustrating as possible for the simple reason of hoping that it makes people give up.

Ah well, at least I chose a great time to get out of the casual ESL teaching area a month ago, otherwise I'd be getting forced out of that right about now anyway...

/vent

can't do appointments for that you just gotta show up during office open hours, i'd try and find as quiet an office as you can that's out of everyone's way and go early morning at open time if possible.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Xerxes17 posted:

They are always like that. At some point Human Services is likely to close their offices for weeks and it will be much, much worse when online services (which only work half the time anyway) and phone service are the only options.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

naeka posted:

can't do appointments for that you just gotta show up during office open hours, i'd try and find as quiet an office as you can that's out of everyone's way and go early morning at open time if possible.

Western suburbs of Melbourne, so my choices are Werribee, Sunshine, Footscray, Newmarket and South Melbourne.

Out of that laughable list, I'm going to guess that Newmarket or South Melbourne would have the best chances.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Xerxes17 posted:

Western suburbs of Melbourne, so my choices are Werribee, Sunshine, Footscray, Newmarket and South Melbourne.

Out of that laughable list, I'm going to guess that Newmarket or South Melbourne would have the best chances.

of those i'd go with newmarket for sure.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Xerxes17 posted:

I went to the south Melbourne office once it was quick.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Jestery posted:

Refreshing my work email hoping for a closure

we just made the announcement to all staff that work from home is in effect starting now/tomorrow

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
I dropped my sunnies in a pub toilet

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

My current issue is working on classified government work and not having a WFH key thingo so if I have to isolate I can't actually work from home

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Caesar Saladin posted:

i think i'm gonna grow a self isolation moustache, i'll emerge from my cocoon looking rad as gently caress

I already look like Catweasle, working on being the guy behind the dumpster in Mullholland Drive.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

executive team is currently meeting to discuss working from home shutdown.

we're ready but now we are scrambling to get all our half-hosed laptops to a near usable state (theres only 8) for those that dont have computers of their own to use at home.

the day has finally come. underpants, weed and xbox 'work from home'

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Laserface posted:

the day has finally come. underpants, weed and xbox 'work from home'

This is my plan if I have to go work from home bar the weed

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If they shut down the scrap yard I don’t anticipate wearing shoes again until this all blows over

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

My grandparents have been instructed to self isolate for a week before they can even go to a gp

i-i’m currently living with my grandparents

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

If you think a forty yo 4 stroke motor that still works perfectly is junk I can’t help you friendo. The bike parts thing is a bit of an exaggeration but also they were a key part in negotiating the free magnaton

I picked up an old Victa mower of the street. Can't remember if it was 2 or 4 stroke.

Just loving around with it, the thing ran on LPG, Kerosine, Acetaline.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Acetylene (systematic name: ethyne) is the chemical compound with the formula C2H2. It is a hydrocarbon and the simplest alkyne.[5] This colorless gas is widely used as a fuel and a chemical building block. It is unstable in its pure form and thus is usually handled as a solution.[6] Pure acetylene is odorless, but commercial grades usually have a marked odor due to impurities.[7]

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Co-worker just went home with fever and soar throat. I just collected the work phone from her. I wanna go home and scrub all my skin off arrghhh.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Rozzbot posted:

I dropped my sunnies in a pub toilet

:lol:

E: No Plain Flour @ ALDI.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Blow posted:

I picked up an old Victa mower of the street. Can't remember if it was 2 or 4 stroke.

Just loving around with it, the thing ran on LPG, Kerosine, Acetaline.

guys even blow is trolling me now I think I have to stop this gimmick

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Jestery posted:

Acetylene (systematic name: ethyne) is the chemical compound with the formula C2H2. It is a hydrocarbon and the simplest alkyne.[5] This colorless gas is widely used as a fuel and a chemical building block. It is unstable in its pure form and thus is usually handled as a solution.[6] Pure acetylene is odorless, but commercial grades usually have a marked odor due to impurities.[7]

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/illidan/jestery

Dragonslayer
Jestery
210 ILVL
111 Goblin Blood Death Knight ❮Cliché❯ Illidan

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
How expensive would a pair of sunnies have to be before you decide to fish them out of a pub toilet instead of just leaving them there? 50$? 100$? 200$?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think if a pair of sunnies was so expensive i'd consider fishing them out and cleaning them I'd have to take a long think about what led me to spending that much money on sunglasses

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

How expensive would a pair of sunnies have to be before you decide to fish them out of a pub toilet instead of just leaving them there? 50$? 100$? 200$?

#1 or #2 ?

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I fished a sweet Motorola phone out of an Italian restaurant toilet.

It worked just fine when it dried out, also had credit.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I usually get exxy sunnies cos they're much better what for the looking through and suchlike. Plus they last, my raybans are a decade old and still in good shape and the lenses on my maui jims I bought in the early 2000s are still fine. Usually the cheap poo poo ones fall apart within a year or two.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Yeah my last raybans lasted 8 years before i left them on a tram. They're basically indestructable.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Quality acetate is what makes good sunnies.

I mean, and lenses.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Norman Swan pleading for people to use their loving heads.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

Yeah my last raybans lasted 8 years before i left them on a tram. They're basically indestructable.

Some oval office broke into my car and stole my Ray Bans.

:(

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

probably gonna buy a plug-in vape since I'll be at home 24/7 with nothing to do but rip fat clouds out of oven bags.

volcano vape here I come.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Have a crinkly one.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Hows the nang aisle looking?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
The whole of SA is going to turn into TCC if these shutdowns continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

I went to the south Melbourne office once it was quick.

Just got it done there with only an hour's wait.