Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

kw0134 posted:

Sub-Par 16, Week 11: Minicaps: Tops and Bottoms.

Approaching the mid-season point (already!) and things are still unsettled. But we can check out how the best and worst of the divisions are doing. Some names are the same, some names have had a recent surge, and some were widely anticipated.

The Robo-Umps surging as of the last few weeks have been the big news in the Sub-Par. It helps that the schedule is directly aiming them at their biggest competition, but of course you still have to beat them. And, uh, so they have. In a unanimous decision announced from the bench, the Court has ruled "hells yeah, bitches" and remanded to the lower teams the case to be reviewed not inconsistent with this win.

The Dat Bois may finally die. The biggest thing was whether they would take anyone down with them. At least the Pilots will squash that.

The Sultana should be doing better, and the Pythag supports it. The problem seems to be that there's far too few people who can hit for average on the team, so while there's a decent amount of fire power on the bench it feels as though the hits come in to few in a row to take advantage of it.Snider hitting for .172 is not helping. Yikes! The Mets are happy to not be last.

What can stop the Doom, except itself and early season doldrums? Nothing else, apparently. Not the Breegulls who need their hitters to return to last season form to stand a chance of survival.

Conveniently this is a game of two heavyweights, with the Buzzsawseseses possessing the best record in the entire Sub-Par(!). The Thunderbuckets, finally, FINALLY have gotten a piece that is due them, but if this match up is any indication -- and it is not, to be honest -- then they should be happy to eke out the promotion because they ain't going nowhere in the post season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

BURNT DORITOS
WE'RE BAAACK!
Ballpark: The Cornhole? I dunno we didn't really discuss it.

SPREADSHEET

Roster

pre:
Position	Player	            Year	Team                      SL Team
C	        Josh Gibson	    1936	Pittsburgh Crawfords      Kōbe Crows
C	        Johnny Bench	    1977	Cincinnati Reds           Kōbe Crows
1B	        Albert Pujols	    2013	Los Angeles Angels        Los Angeles Misanthropes
2B	        Buddy Myer	    1935	Washington Senators       Los Angeles Misanthropes
SS	        The Masked SS	    ????	Cancun Tornados           Los Angeles Misanthropes
3B	        Scott Rolen	    2007	St. Louis Cardinals       Los Angeles Misanthropes
IF	        Ernie Banks         1955        Chicago Cubs              Los Angeles Misanthropes
IF	        Johnny Pesky	    1942	Boston Red Sox            Los Angeles Misanthropes
LF	        Stan Musial	    1948	St. Louis Cardinals       Kōbe Crows
CF	        Mickey Mantle       1956        New York Yankees          Kōbe Crows
RF	        Babe Ruth      	    1918	Boston Red Sox            Kōbe Crows
OF	        Barry Bonds	    1994	San Francisco Giants      Kōbe Crows
OF	        Willie Mays	    1965	San Francisco Giants      Kōbe Crows
DH	        Joe Kelley          1902        Cincinnati Reds           Los Angeles Misanthropes

SP	        New Hoss Radbourn   ????	Krakow Dragons            Kōbe Crows
SP              Rube Waddell        1904        Philadelphia Athletics    Kōbe Crows
SP              George Bradley	    1880	Providence Grays          Kōbe Crows
SP	        Clayton Kershaw     2012        Los Angeles Dodgers       Kōbe Crows
SP	        Pedro Martinez      1997        Montreal Expos            Kōbe Crows
LR	        George Bradley	    1881	Cleveland Blues           Los Angeles Misanthropes
MR              Pete Alexander      1915        St. Louis Cardinals       Los Angeles Misanthropes
SR	        Dan Plesac          1991        Milwaukee Brewers         Los Angeles Misanthropes
SR	        Adam Wainwright     2007        St. Louis Cardinals       Los Angeles Misanthropes
SU	        Kenley Jansen       2015        Los Angeles Dodgers       Los Angeles Misanthropes
CL	        Chelsea Baker       ????        ???????? ???????          Los Angeles Misanthropes
Lineups

code:
VS. RHP      		                  |  VS. LHP
##    Position	 Player	           R/L/S  |  ##    Position   Player	        R/L/S 
01    SS         The Masked SS      [R]   |  01    SS         The Masked SS      [R]
02    LF         Stan Musial        [L]   |  02    DH         Joe Kelley         [R]
03    RF         Babe Ruth          [L]   |  03    RF         Babe Ruth          [L]
04    CF         Mickey Mantle      [S]   |  04    CF         Willie Mays        [R]
05    C          Josh Gibson        [R]   |  05    C          Josh Gibson        [R]
06    1B         Albert Pujols      [R]   |  06    1B         Albert Pujols      [R]
07    2B         Buddy Myer         [L]   |  07    LF         Stan Musial        [L]
08    3B         Scott Rolen        [R]   |  08    3B         Scott Rolen        [R]
09    DH         Joe Kelley         [R]   |  09    2B         Buddy Myer         [L]
Pitching Rotation & Bullpen

code:
#   Name                    Pos   Name
1   New Hoss Radbourn       CL    Chelsea Baker
2   Rube Waddell            SU    Kenley Jansen
3   George Bradley          SR    Adam Wainwright
4   Clayton Kershaw         SR    Dan Plesac
5   Pedro Martinez          MR    Pete Alexander
                            LR    George Bradley
Hot Tips & Tricks - Cheat Codes

code:
CUSTOM: Josh Gibson
CUSTOM: New Hoss Radbourn
CUSTOM: The Masked Shortstop
CUSTOM: Chelsea Baker
benchjo01,1977,DOR,,,Johnny,Bench
pujolal01,2013,DOR,,,Albert,Pujols
myerbu01,1935,DOR,,,Buddy,Myer
rolensc01,2007,DOR,,,Scott,Rolen
peskyjo01,1942,DOR,,,Johnny,Pesky
bankser01,1955,DOR,,,Ernie,Banks
musiast01,1948,DOR,,,Stan,Musial
mayswi01,1965,DOR,,,Willie,Mays
ruthba01,1918,DOR,,,Babe,Ruth
bondsba01,1994,DOR,,,Barry,Bonds
mantlmi01,1956,DOR,,,Mickey,Mantle
kellejo01,1902,DOR,,,Joe,Kelley
wadderu01,1904,DOR,,,Rube,Waddell
bradlge01,1880,DOR,,,George,Bradley
kershcl01,2012,DOR,,,Clayton,Kershaw
martipe02,1997,DOR,,,Pedro,Martinez
bradlge01,1881,DOR,,,George,Bradley
alexape01,1915,DOR,,,Pete,Alexander
plesada01,1991,DOR,,,Dan,Plesac
wainwad01,2007,DOR,,,Adam,Wainwright
janseke01,2015,DOR,,,Kenley,Jansen
WATCH OUT!

WE'RE GONNA BE THREE-TIME TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!

DangitBobby
Aug 23, 2018
team drag llama to relevency

lineup
CF tris speaker
RF paul waner
1B barry Bonds young
DH barry Bonds not young
LF shoeless joe jackson
3B george Brett
SS lou Boudreau
C roger Bresnahan
2B max Bishop / craig Biggio platoon

rotation
sp1 clayton kershaw
sp2 ed walsh
sp3 christy mathewson
sp4 john ward
sp5 cy young

bullpen
cl people's lefty
st jonathan papelbon
sr rob nen
sr nolan ryan
mr chris sale
lr cole hamels

INF propane
bondsba01,1987,,,,Barry,Bonds
bishoma01,1927,,,,Max,Bishop
brettge01,1983,,,,George,Brett
boudrlo01,1946,,,,Lou,Boudreau
bondsba01,2002,,,,Barry,Bonds
biggicr01,1996,,,,Craig,Biggio
bankser01,1958,,,,Ernie,Banks

OF/C Red Pandas
jacksjo01,1913,,,,Shoeless,Joe,Jackson
speaktr01,1921,,,,Tris,Speaker
wanerpa01,1936,,,,Paul,Waner
bresnro01,1910,,,,Roger,Bresnahan
burkeje01,1901,,,,Jesse,Burkett
wanerll01,1936,,,,Lloyd,Waner
ewingbu01,1884,,,,Buck, Ewing

rotation propane
kershcl01,2017,,,,Clayton,Kershaw
walshed01,1906,,,,Ed,Walsh
mathech01,1901,,,,Christy,Mathewson
wardjo01,1881,,,,John,Ward
youngcy01,1908,,,,Cy,Young

Bullpen
The People's Lefty CREATED PLAYER
papeljo01,2015,,,,Jonathan,Papelbon
nenro01,2002,,,,Robb,Nen
ryanno01,1971,,,,Nolan,Ryan
salech01,2013,,,,Chris,Sale
hamelco01,2015,,,,Cole,Hamels

DangitBobby
Aug 23, 2018
also i was told i should make lineup changes by llama but as a division rival he is clearly trying to sabotage my team

so i wont make any changes

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Champs retain

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Thunderbuckets Draft 1928 Charlie Gehringer.

Lineup Changes:

Send Olerud Down to the minors.

Gehringer starts at 2B. Carew to 1B. Im also mixing up OF positions so that Manush starts at CF and Hamilton shifts to LF, while Burkett moves to the bench.

New lineups:

DH Vs RHP
1 Billy Hamilton LF
2 Wade Boggs 3B
3 Rod Carew 1B
4 Heinie Manush CF
5 Dan Brouthers DH
6 Charlie Gehringer 2B
7 Joe Cronin SS
8 Frank Chance C
9 Mike Donlin RF

DH Vs LHP
1 Billy Hamilton LF
2 Frank Chance C
3 Heine Manush CF
4 Joe Cronin SS
5 Paul Molitor 3B
6 Nap Lajoie 1B
7 Dan Brouthers DH
8 Charlie Gehringer 2B
9 Mike Donlin RF

Pash fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 16, 2020

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Tabletposting (so can someone please update the sheet for me) to take Kevin Brown. Yeah, I know he’d still be there mid second round but I need him now.

Please demote Tewksbury and insert the new Brown at SP5.

Please name the Brown I used to have “Solid” and the new one “Liquid”.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

A FairGame/HabeasDorkus Joint

code:
CSV:
chancfr01,1901,,,,Frank,Chance
schanwa01,1919,,,,Wally,Schang
cabremi01,2013,,,,Miguel,Cabrera
whitalo01,1987,,,,Lou,Whitaker
sandbry01,1992,,,,Ryne,Sandberg
ripkeca01,1987,,,,Cal,Ripken
brettge01,1977,,,,George,Brett
henderi01,1984,,,,Rickey,Henderson
cobbty01,1913,,,,Ty,Cobb
ruthba01,1919,,,,Babe,Ruth
beltrca01,2009,,,,Carlos,Beltran
phillto02,1984,,,,Tony,Phillips
martied01,1995,,,,Edgar,Martinez
bondsba01,2000,,,,Barry,Bonds
maddugr01,1992,,,,Greg,Maddux
hallaro01,2003,,,,Roy,Halladay
saberbr01,1987,,,,Bret,Saberhagen
brownke01,1998,,,,Solid,Brown
rodrifr03,2009,,,,Francisco,Rodriguez
sambijo01,1984,,,,Joe,Sambito
quiseda01,1985,,,,Dan,Quisenberry
soriajo01,2008,,,,Joakim,Soria
dibblro01,1989,,,,Rob,Dibble
alexape01,1915,,,,Pete,Alexander
brownke01,1991,,,,Liquid,Brown

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

We need ONE MORE TAG TEAM created from the following teams:
Akabira Killer Mikes
Baseball Club
Graceland Roses
Luna Landers
Milan Mosquitoes
Oklahoma City Bombers
Omaha Forgettables
Paleto Pilots
South Bolton Eazy W's
Spiral Mountain Breegulls
The Hague Honkbalers
The Limes of Harry Lime
The Metropolitans
The Sultana

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

June 24, 20XX, of the 16th Sub Par Season
5:30 a.m.

SYLLABUS: Send down Ray Durham and bring up Kenny Lofton.

(ALITO stands at the ROBOUMP CONTROL CONSOLE)

: Ah, it works! I can countermand the sending down of players using the Harriet Miers account that was never deactivated! Everything is coming up Alito!

: Still, wouldn't be good to get caught before my victory is inevitable. Ray Durham should go to the minors and Kenny Lofton should take his spot on the bench.

: Everything is coming up Alito!

(ALITO pauses, and then quickly steps away from the CONTROL CONSOLE as JUSTICE GINSBURG enters the room)

: What are you doing here so early?!

Getting my swole on, dummy. What about you?

: Oh, uh, just going over clerk recommendations from Griffith, you know how he is with promptness.

Whatever, I don't actually care. Now scram, nerd, Notorious RGB's ain't gonna be stopped by no light weights.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 15, 2020

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

habeasdorkus posted:

We need ONE MORE TAG TEAM created from the following teams:
Akabira Killer Mikes
Baseball Club
Graceland Roses
Luna Landers
Milan Mosquitoes
Oklahoma City Bombers
Omaha Forgettables
Paleto Pilots
South Bolton Eazy W's
Spiral Mountain Breegulls
The Hague Honkbalers
The Limes of Harry Lime
The Metropolitans
The Sultana

Graceland Roses can be commandeered into a tag team if anyone wants them.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League XXVIII, Week 13: How Can I Possibly Have Another Half-Season Left?

: Hm. Oh no, the USB Key seems to be corrupted. I can't read all data off of it. But I know just the person who might be able to fix this. The Storage Maniac! Is what we like to call doctor Fiodor. Talk to him and I'm sure he'll be able to help us. Storage lab is on the floor above...no, wait...two floors above us!

: What's that? Alphonso sent you to fix a corrupted USB Key? SAY NO MORE. But first...I'd like you to help me with something. You are a Pokemon trainer, am I right?
: I'm thinking of giving it up and becoming a hermit.
: I'll let you in on a little secret. I've been trying to hack a certain Doctor Enzymo's PC, hehehe. He holds a dirty secret, and evidence of it in a digital form. But I haven't had enough time to hack his computer. All of his files are stored on an encrypted drive.
: So, you want my Pokemon to kick the poo poo out of him until he confesses?
: Today's a good day. Not many people. You'll just have to distract the guy next to me. Enzymo's PC is the black one in the corner.
: Is that guy next to you deaf?
: Battle the guy while I hack the secret files out of there.
: Work fast. My team doesn't get paid by the hour for these fights.

: One beating later.

: Psst, kid! Distract him more, I need one more minute!
: What did I just tell you? Does no one listen to me? Okay, fine.

: I mean, how bad could-

: ...I hate this place.

: Just give me the...what the gently caress was I looking for again?
: Since we didn't have much time, I grabbed a bunch of files from the encrypted drive. Hehe. If you come back later...maybe I'll share my findings with you.
: That's going to be a hard pass from me.
: Oh, right. That isn't what you care about. Give me that USB Key for a second. I see...I see. Easy peasy. What sort of fool plugged out the Key while they were writing files on it? There we go. It should work now like a charm.

: Literally? Is that dude still inside the USB key?
: Now all that's left is the S-Power Conduit. Talk to people on this floor. I'm positive someone will be able to help you.

: Don't drag Sagan into this!

: Don't drag Coldplay into this either.

: I know apologies are hard, but thank you.

: Oh no, this guy.
: No, no, no, no, you got the wrong persona, sonny!
: Well, fair enough.
: Take this and forget about me!
-Obtained S-Power Conduit-

: I'll be able to finish my experiment now! Thanks kid! I want you to take this as a reward.
-Obtained Up-Grade-
: Talk to Professor Almond for further instructions.

: ENOUGH!

: Smasher Vult.
: Ah! Perfect. Thank you for your assistance. Would you wait for us in the elevator, Smasher? Professor Diane and I will be up there shortly.

: Except professor Diane and the people working on this floor.
: I totally forgot what we're doing here.
: That's right, dear! Consider yourself special!

: OH NO!
: Professor Stine?
: Well, I suppose I might as well reveal my true identity now.

: of invincible innocuousness, hides Professor Stine myself, indeed!
: I'm glad to see you again, Professor Stine! But...what are you doing here? How did you get here even?
: Haha! I couldn't possibly miss out on an opportunity to see a mutant Pokemon up close, with my very own eye! My right eye! Because I see better with that one! Hope you don't me coming along with you, eh? How's about it, o professoresse, madmoiselle Dali?
: Oho? You two know each other?
: Hmph! Come if you wish, Januarius. We'll get you nice and close to R. Maybe you can be friends.
: My my my. She still hold a grudge.
: Don't cause too much trouble, professor Stine.
: Absolutely! I'll cause only a little!
: This way, Smasher.

: Wait. No, I don't! WHO IS PUTTING THESE THOUGHTS IN MY MIND! GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT!

: That man with the blue hair...I've seen him before. But not like this. It was...no. That's impossible. That wasn't real, that was just a dream. A horrible dream. Willie isn't real. He was never real.

: Oh, you're all here! This is doctor Geor Tulsa, one and only. Head of the ModLab, B6!
: It is great to meet everyone. It's been a while since I've seen so many different faces in B6. As you may have been told, this area is off-limits even to most employees in the Research Center.
: I am quite familiar with your off-limit areas, doctor Tulpa!
: It's Tulsa.
: We have those in Dooriver too! But I like it, y'know? Makes you feel insignificant.
: Now, now professor Stine.
: It's quite alright.
: Geor dead, this is Smasher. The trainer R called out to.
: Is that so? Smasher, it is good to meet you. I think it is good that you cam at this moment. With doctor Enzymo's idea, we might be able to de-evolve R sooner than we expected.
: Huh, in all of my terror about the matter of Willie, I forgot that scientist who threatened to murder me a million updates back is also standing around. Cosmic.
: Oh. Ah, yes. Hello.
: Enzymo...? (What's a Storage guy doing here?)
: How can I hear Diane's thoughts?
: Doctor Enzymo works in Storage, but I think his contributions...no, his way of thinking...it's extraordinary. It's a shame for a brilliant mind such as his to rot away in Storage. So I'm having him help us out with research. In any case. Doctor Enzymo noticed a certain pattern in R's DNA...a vulnerability, if we may phrase it so.
: You may not.
: If we attack this part of DNA with a specially crafted ionized wave, the whole structure will revert back into its base form, thus giving us an alternative way to de-evolve R.
: Geor, as I mentioned before, I would exercise caution with this idea. If instead attacking this 'vulnerability' triggers the energy unchaining...
: Diane, please, you have nothing to worry about. I am excited about this. This idea resonates with me! I am certain it will work.
: Alright. I will trust your judgment.
: So now that we're all here, there's no sense in waiting any longer. We shall conduct the de-evolutionary mechanism immediately.

: Yes, sir.
: Please, come to the glass as soon as you're ready.

: High Heads of Secret Underground Labs, I still want to see this. Viva la Sciencia!
: Come along, Smasher. I have a feeling this will be very interesting to see.
: I'm calling an emergency time out!

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

MISANTHROPES WIN GRAND SLAM CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH 7-4 WIN OVER DECK CHAIRS

Los Angeles- It has become increasingly clear that when the Titantic Deck Chairs are laid down to their final rest, no one will know if they were any good or not.

Make no mistake, the Deck Chairs played well against the Misanthropes, all things considered. Facing the hottest team in the Dynamo League, and being on the road, but for the Elusive Closer's follies, the Deck Chairs could have won two of these three games, kept their titles, and even avoided falling into last place in their division.

Alas, they could not, as the Elusive Closer imploded in spectacular fashion today, walking the first two batters he saw in the bottom of the thirteenth inning, and then giving up a shattering three-run dinger to Albert Pujols to allow the Misanthropes to take the game, the series, and the titles.

"Even in these uncertain times, it's good to see that, sometimes, good can prevail over Pungry." CattMarp said after the game. "I don't really have a lot else to say, I'm not exactly the kind of guy who just brags about stuff over and over. I think my team did a good job, I have some titles. I guess HulkaMatt and I will probably win the tag titles when that happens."

"Did some one say character class?" A man in a giant d20 costume said as he walked onto the stage.

"No, no one said that." CattMarp said, confused. "Who are you and what do you want?"

"I'm glad you asked about character classes." The d20 man said, "I'm here as part of a public education campaign for promoting understanding character classes in D&D. With Super-League D&D starting, it's important that people know about character classes."

"With all due respect, Mr.-" CattMarp tried to cut the dice man off.

"I'm SL Dandy, the Super-League D&D Professor." SL Dandy said.

"Okay." CattMarp took a moment to process what was happened, "That being the case, I'm not sure if this is really the time or place."

"There's always time to," SL Dandy pulled out some dice and threw them into the air, "Roll up a character."

"Again," CattMarp stared in confusion, "While that may be true, I don't know if this is the best time or place for-"

"Say, CattMarp, do you know the difference between a Barbarian and a Fighter?" SL Dandy asked.

"No." CattMarp said.

"Well, you see, a Barbarian is a wild berzerker, who relies on his rages to charge right into the enemy and deal damage, while using his immensely high hit points to soak up damage, while a Fighter is a more well-rounded character. Now a Paladin is a holy warrior who, in addition to be a skilled close combantant, also has certain divine powers as well-"

"Okay, and again, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I don't think that people are-" CattMarp once again tried to cut SL Dandy off.

"Now a ranger is a sort of fighter who specializes in ranged combat and dual wielding." SL Dandy continued, unbowed, "Then we have spellcasters. A druid is a divine spellcaster that gains his power from nature, while a cleric gets his spellpower from a patron deity. A mage, as you can guess, casts spells by memorizing them from his spell book, and then expending them as he casts them, while a sorcerer has a smaller possible repertoire, but doesn't need to memorize spells."

"Okay, we're done here." CattMarp said, walking off the stage.

GAME NOTES

-If nothing else, CattMarp is evil for being able to successfully turn Adam Wainwright into a competent reliver. Evil, I tell you!

-The Elusive Closer, at this rate, will have a win-loss record of 2-16 by the end of the season.

Don May posted:

HONKBALERS WIN TITLES, MOVE WITHIN ONE GAME OF DIVISION LEAD WITH 4-1 WIN

The Hague- It was perhaps the best series the Honkbalers have had all season.

With a 4-1 win, the Honkbalers took the Omni-Titles and stood on the brink of taking over the Mark Bellhorn division after 13 weeks of the 26 week season.

"There were many people out there who doubted me." mks5000 said after the game, "Many people who said that I could not win the division, could not possibly succeed, and that the unspecified glory will soon come to claim us all and that we must cast aside our false individualisms to become one with the infinite potential." mks5000 said, as white fluid began to drip from his eyes, "There is identity that is true, we are all one, and there is no one of us that stands apart."

"Did someone say 'character class'?" SL Dandy said, marching on stage.

"Who are you?" mks5000 said, regaining his senses.

"I'm SL Dandy, I'm here as part of the Super-League's educational campaign regarding Super-League D&D!" SL Dandy explained.

"Go away." mks5000 said, irritated.

"You want to know about some exotic classes for your character, you say?" SL Dandy said, ignoring mks5000 entirely.

"That is not what I said at all." mks5000 said.

"The Favored Soul is a special type of cleric that gains clerical powers without being devoted to a god, whereas a Shugenjas are...well, they're daoists, basically, and spirit shamans are-" SL Dandy continued.

"Enough!" mks5000 said. "Is it a rule that every initiative taken by the Super-League-"

"Did someone say 'initiative'?" SL Dandy asked.

mks5000 looked with disdain at the man in the d20 costume, "You are testing my last nerve. I am a serious man with serious plans."

"Let's roll initiative!" SL Dandy said, before tossing a d20 in the air.

"What?" mks5000 was baffled.

"Oh wow, a 14, looks like I move first!" SL Dandy said, "I draw a no-dachi!" SL Dandy pulled an almost-comically large sword out of seemingly nowhere. "Time to roll to hit!"

"What is even happening?" mks5000 asked.

SL Dandy threw a die into the air, and then bent down to see the result. "A critical chance?" He said, picking up the die again and throwing it, "It's confirmed!"

"What are you doing?" mks5000 backed away, realizing that, generally speaking, a madman with a large sword was not an ideal situation for anyone.

SL Dandy rolled again. "Oh boy, 24 damage! And you being just 2nd level, that has to be fatal!" SL Dandy pointed his sword to mks5000, the painted on smile on his costume matching his seeming joy. "Looks like you're going to have to roll a new character! See, you should have listened when I was talking about character classes!"

"Stay away from me." mks5000 said.

"The dice roll is binding." SL Dandy said, slowly advancing on mks5000, "If we don't play by the rules, everything dissolves into chaos. And I am a lawful good boy."

mks5000, seeing his own end, immediately fled, with SL Dandy in hot pursuit.

Is this the beginning of the Warriors' comeback? No idea.

There is not a single aspect of this game that I am happy about.

Team Statistics

Standings

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
The Omaha Forgettables and Paleto Pilots will be teaming up to form The Forgotten Sons!!!

From the Paleto Pilots:

Ser Barrold Bonds
1996 Barry Bonds
1949 Joe DiMaggio
1996 Tony Gwynn
1951 Yogi Berra
1996 Mike Piazza

2015 Jonathan Papelbon
2017 Sergio Romo
1996 Pedro Martinez
1996 John Smoltz
1992 Bret Saberhagen
1911 Walter Johnson

From the Omaha Forgettables:

1987 Don Mattingly
1985 Lou Whitaker
1957 Ernie Banks
1952 George Kell
1926 Jimmie Foxx
1995 Omar Vizquel
2002 Scott Rolen
El Shaddai
1902 Eddie Plank
1908 George Mullin
1916 Slim Sallee
1874 Al Spalding
1926 Lefty Grove

CSV:

code:
*** Ser Barrold Bonds***
*** El Shaddai ***
bondsba01,1996,,,,Barry,Bonds
dimagjo01,1949,,,,Joe,DiMaggio
gwynnto01,1996,,,,Tony,Gwynn
berrayo01,1951,,,,Yogi,Berra
piazzmi01,1996,,,,Mike,Piazza
papeljo01,2015,,,,Jonathan,Papelbon
romose01,2017,,,,Sergio,Romo
martipe02,1996,,,,Pedro,Martinez
smoltjo01,1996,,,,John,Smoltz
saberbr01,1992,,,,Bret,Saberhagen
johnswa01,1911,,,,Walter,Johnson
mattido01,1987,,,,Don,Mattingly
whitalo01,1985,,,,Lou,Whitaker
bankser01,1957,,,,Ernie,Banks
kellge01,1952,,,,George,Kell
foxxji01,1926,,,,Jimmie,Foxx
vizquom01,1995,,,,Omar,Vizquel
rolensc01,2002,,,,Scott,Rolen
planked01,1902,,,,Eddie,Plank
mullige01,1908,,,,George,Mullin
sallesl01,1916,,,,Slim,Sallee
spaldal01,1874,,,,Al,Spalding
grovele01,1926,,,,Lefty,Grove
LINEUPS

vs RHP

1. CF Tony Gwynn
2. RF Ser Barrold Bonds
3. 1B Don Mattingly
4. DH El Shaddai
5. C Yogi Berra
6. LF Barry Bonds
7. 3B George Kell
8. SS Ernie Banks
9. 2B Lou Whitaker

vs LHP

1. CF Joe DiMaggio
2. LF Ser Barrold Bonds
3. 1B Jimmie Foxx
4. DH El Shaddai
5. C Yogi Berra
6. RF Tony Gwynn
7. 3B George Kell
8. SS Ernie Banks
9. 2B Lou Whitaker

PITCHING

SP1 Eddie Plank
SP2 George Mullin
SP3 Slim Sallee
SP4 Al Spalding
SP5 Lefty Grove

CL Jonathan Papelbon
SU Pedro Martinez
SR Sergio Romo
SR John Smoltz
MR Bret Saberhagen
LR Walter Johnson

The Goog fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 15, 2020

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Send down Cepeda, the Foxx playing LF, and Ellis Burks. Call up both Gary Sheffields and Hank Aaron.

Lineup vs. RHP:

#1: Ed Delahanty, DH
#2: Frank Thomas, 1B
#3: Frank Robinson, RF
#4: Gary Sheffield, LF
#5: Alex Rodriguez, SS
#6: Willie Mays, CF
#7: Mike Schmidt, 3B
#8: Mike Piazza, C
#9: Ryne Sandberg, 2B

Lineup vs. LHP:

#1: Ed Delahanty, DH
#2: Frank Thomas, 1B
#3: Gary Sheffield, LF
#4: Alex Rodriguez, SS
#5: Gary Sheffield, RF
#6: Mike Schmidt, 3B
#7: Mike Piazza, C
#8: Ryne Sandberg, 2B
#9: Hank Aaron, CF

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

SELF: gently caress! Uhhhh…

Champs retain
Yet again!

PERCEPTION: Sir, you know you’ve missed your time.

DRAMA: And you did it dully while you’re at it!

SUPER DRAFT 28; Maybe you should pick a jock, and remember to be more timely about this next time…

VOLITION: It’s only one miss. And you’ve been good about trying to be more active. That’s better than usual.

SELF: What did I usually do?

WEEK 13 SUPER LEAGUE UPDATE: Nothing. Nothing at all.

SELF: That’s…. Bad isn’t it.

WEEK 13 SUPER LEAGUE UPDATE: You tell me, coach.

INLAND EMPIRE: Pick 2017 Deltin Betances.

SELF: Why? Don’t I need better hitters?

SPIRAL MOUNTAIN BREEGULLS II ROSTER: Oh Christ, what is it you *don’t* need!?

RHETORIC:: He thinks it should do better than what they’re doing now.

SELF: Alright, I’ll take Deltin, how bad could he be?

SPIRAL MOUNTAIN BREEGULLS II ROSTER: The list gets a new cell with stats belonging to 2017 Deltin Betances

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I can't believe I'm making two lineup changes in one season.

SanSan Outlaws send down Dutch Leonard and Carl Mays, move Mark Langston to SP1, call up... uh... Chuck Finley to SP3 and Jack Taylor to SP5.

I'm doomed but I at least still care.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

TK Bomber, ClownFundamentals - would you like to trade your First Round Pick for a couple Second Rounders?

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:

Make Johnny Pesky the starting SS vs. RHP.

Masked Shortstop deserves a break, dammit.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
gently caress ESPORTS.

LINEUP
1. LF Maniac Magee
2. CF 1913 Tris Speaker
3. DH 1924 Tris Speaker
4. SS The MACHINE
5. 1987 Tony Gwynn
6. 1920 Rogers Hornsby
7. 1993 Wade Boggs
8. 2003 Albert Pujols
9. C Yog-Sothoth

BENCH
IF 1977 Joe Morgan
IF 1987 Eddie Murray
C 1932 Bill Dickey
OF 1938 Paul Waner
OF 1932 Riggs Stephenson

PITCHING
SP1 1921 Pete Alexander
SP2 1911 Pete Alexander
SP3 1971 Juan Marichal
SP4 1931 Lefty Grove
SP5 1912 Nap Rucker

CL 2013 Craig Kimbrel
SU 2010 Mariano Rivera
SR 2016 Clayton Kershaw
SR 1984 Tom Henke
MR 2014 Madison Bumgarner
LR 2013 Cole Hamels

CSV:
Yog-Sothoth
Maniac Magee
The MACHINE
pujolal01,2003,23,albert,pujols
hornsro01,1920,23,rogers,hornsby
boggswa01,1993,33,wade,boggs
speaktr01,1924,36,tris,speaker
morgajo02,1977,33,joe,morgan
murraed02,1987
alexape01,1911,24,pete,alexander
alexape01,1921,34,pete,alexander
maricju01,1971,32,juan,marichal
grovele01,1931,31,lefty,grove
ruckena01,1912,27,nap,rucker
speaktr01,1913,,,,Tris,Speaker
gwynnto01,1987,,,,Tony,Gwynn
dickebi01,1932,,,,Bill,Dickey
wanerpa01,1938,,,,Paul,Waner
stephri01,1932,,,,Riggs,Stephenson
kimbrcr01,2013,,,,Craig,Kimbrel
riverma01,2010,,,,Mariano,Rivera
kershcl01,2016,,,,Clayton,Kershaw
henketo01,1984,,,,Tom,Henke
bumgama01,2014,,,,Madison,Bumgarner
hamelco01,2013,,,,Cole,Hamels

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

The Everett Eagles select 1901 Rube Waddell. He will take the place of Christy Mathewson in the rotation and roster.

Clown Fundamentals is up next.

Clown Fundamentals
Mar 18, 2018

President and GM of YOUR Camden Buzzsaw

With the 20th and final-ish pick in the first round, the Camden Buzzsaw are NOT going throw away THEIR SHOT, and select 1898 Billy Hamilton.

Place Hamilton in CF, place Rickey Henderson in LF, bench Al Simmons, and demote Wally Berger to the minors. Have Hamilton bat in Aloysius' slot.

Krakow's Drag Race can now select.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

1994 Wade Boggs, come on down and save us from our shitshow!

Harlock and the Slimes are on the clock.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13R9r116Mi0SHQ-F_xXOIMp3RXcTDejgLWG8yBzIk6ww/edit#gid=0

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

On behalf of myself and cbx, the Krakow Dragons draft 1994 Wade Boggs, who immediately takes over third base full-time. Send down George Kell.

Tadashi Daiba's mentor, Harlock is up.

e:f,b

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
hi, because when you tell mogul to go off the reservation and make its own schedule instead of using one of the prebuilt schedulers provided, it does stupid poo poo like "make a season 2 weeks longer than the super league", we're going straight to the all star break in a DOUBLE UPDATE SPECTACULAR

and also i forgot i set the injury rating to -80% so here's the only injury in the update

San Juan Senadores
Mike Schmidt - seven days minus the 2 for the all star break

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

FairGame posted:

Tabletposting (so can someone please update the sheet for me) to take Kevin Brown. Yeah, I know he’d still be there mid second round but I need him now.

Please demote Tewksbury and insert the new Brown at SP5.

Solid Brown and Liquid Brown hehehe.

Buc-ee's Beaver Bombers
Please replace Larry Jones with Bill Madlock.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

HONKBAL!

Al Orth in at LR for Red Faber

Frank Robinson to DH, Volk Hammer to LF

Cal Ripken in at SS for the week.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Can only let things ride so long with injuries like that.

Please DL:
David Price
Joe Wood
Ernie Banks

Please call up:
Roger Clemens
Gerrit Cole
Miller Huggins

Rotation
SP1: Satchel Paige
SP2: Deacon Phillippe
SP3: Rick Reuschel
SP4: Christy Mathewson
SP5: Roger Clemens

Bullpen
CL: John Smoltz
SU: Bruce Sutter
SR: Mike Adams
SR: Mark Melancon
MR: Gerrit Cole
LR: Fergie Jenkins

Lineup vs RHP
DH John McGraw L
LF Charlie Jamieson L
RF Babe Ruth L
1B Babe Ruth L
2B Bobby Doerr R
C Buck Ewing R
3B Brooks Robinson R
SS Tony Fernandez S
CF Tim Raines S

Lineup vs LHP
RF Babe Ruth L
CF Tim Raines S
LF Babe Ruth L
2B Bobby Doerr R
C Buck Ewing R
SS Hanley Ramirez R
DH Miller Huggins R
1B Al Rosen R
3B Brooks Robinson R

Gosh that is positively dire.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Slimes draft 04 Pedro and ask that Smasher slot him in for Larry Jackson

Whoever is up next can do the thing

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Craig K posted:

San Juan Senadores
Mike Schmidt - seven days minus the 2 for the all star break

figures. he sucks anyway, as do most of my players, including Pete Rose, but put Rose in anyway. I doubt I have a better option! thanks

hope I hold on to second to last

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

FairGame posted:

Or you could not do that, and then I don't have to edit the old box scores after the season to say Solid.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
THE TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT ISN'T STARTING UNTIL I GET MORE TEAM POSTS!

Super-League XXVIII, Week 14 Injury Report

Algonquin Park Handybeavers
Satchel Paige (SP) (VIRUS) - 15 days

Portland Panderers
Francisco Rodriguez (RP) (VIRUS) - 10 days

Sense of Right Alliance
Eddie Collins (2B) (VIRUS) - 15 days

The Hague Honkbalers
Chief Bender (SP) (VIRUS) - 8 days

Titanic Deck Chairs
Nolan Ryan (SP) (VIRUS) - 9 days

Pick 'em: VENGEANCE

Omni-Titles
The Hague Honkbalers (c) @ Portland Panderers

Grand Slam Championships
Los Angeles Misanthropes (c) @ Titanic Deck Chairs

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Both teams retain

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Omni-Titles

Grand Slam Championships

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Champs retain

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Champs Retain

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Ice To Meet You posted:

Or you could not do that, and then I don't have to edit the old box scores after the season to say Solid.

Please I have so little

Also, champs retain

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Pick'Em: Panderers take, Misanthropes retain.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
CHAMPS

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:
Champs retain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Omni-Titles

Grand Slam Championships