Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do we finish this season
Award the title now
No title at all
Playoff tournament
Finish the season at a later date
Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed
View Results

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bape Culture posted:

Karen Brady is a proper awful oval office

Didn't know you'd had prior relations mate

e: misread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Shrapnig posted:

I've just discovered that his name is actually Fabian Nurnberger but he does in fact play for Nurnberg.

Reminds me that Wolfgang Wolf used to be the coach of Wolfsburg.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Mr. Mambold posted:

Tequila mixed with fresh lime juice.

If you have COVID-19 and get bit by a tick, does that mean you have Corona with Lyme?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Moktaro posted:

If you have COVID-19 and get bit by a tick, does that mean you have Corona with Lyme?

Coronalimus

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Liga MX is playing matches still, behind closed doors, and this Leon - Pumas match is a corker through the first 30 minutes.

Also there is a dude on Leon with shirt number 201.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Tigres-Juarez is also good, the empty stadium is weird tho

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Not surprising, the FMF are all greedy scum and the loss of TV revenue is too much for them to bear

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Liquid football this

https://twitter.com/tigresoficial/status/1239013969362325504?s=21

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Not surprising, the FMF are all greedy scum and the loss of TV revenue is too much for them to bear

Yeah I figured it was something along these lines :(

E: wait that's Joel Campbell

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
If Britain goes through with this ridiculous plan to infect everyone there’s no way the season will be completed and if the foreign players have any sense they’d get the hell out of that plague filled backwater.

In other words, gonna be really difficult for Manchester City to pull off the threepeat next season.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i would like to see the season resumed in late spring and liverpool awarded the title properly. i don't think it will be safe to go to matches by then but i think our governments may have enough of a handle on things that extremely controlled interactions in which all participants are tested and confirmed negative can be done safely. maybe. at least i hope so. if this poo poo is still completely out of control by then i still think liverpool deserve the title, but it is extremely funny that the meltdown started right before all this happened

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
remember last summer when the copa america, the womens world cup, the concacaf cup and the league of nations were all going off at the same time

we got too greedy. we had too much football. now all we have is darts and the russian hockey league.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Weedle posted:

i would like to see the season resumed in late spring and liverpool awarded the title properly. i don't think it will be safe to go to matches by then but i think our governments may have enough of a handle on things that extremely controlled interactions in which all participants are tested and confirmed negative can be done safely. maybe. at least i hope so. if this poo poo is still completely out of control by then i still think liverpool deserve the title, but it is extremely funny that the meltdown started right before all this happened

Considering most estimates say the peak of this shitstorm will be around summer and hopefully die out before christmas, I'd say "late spring" sounds optimistic. Unless you're talking about next year I suppose.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Rooney of all people has the best plan. Just change the football calendar to start in January every year from now on. Gives us 9 months get to things together and fits the winter world cup.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

sassassin posted:

9 months [without football] get to things together and fits the winter world cup.

mods

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Meanwhile in Motherland

https://www.reddit.com/r/ANormalDay...tm_source=share

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

I'm including polishing off the current situation in that period, as opposed to an August deadline.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

One of the few countries that actually shut down all their borders immediately to be fair

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Corbyn would have done this:
https://twitter.com/skwawkbox/status/1239350387381018624?s=20

:sigh:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
it's been hard to tell what is real and what is fake news coming out of the UK, but was Boris Johnson's plan seriously along the lines of "we should all try to get it now, so that when it comes back twice as worse in winter the ones that it could kill will be already dead"

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

it's been hard to tell what is real and what is fake news coming out of the UK, but was Boris Johnson's plan seriously along the lines of "we should all try to get it now, so that when it comes back twice as worse in winter the ones that it could kill will be already dead"

Yes. Our plan is literally try to reach herd immunity ASAP while encouraging the at risk and symptomatic to self isolate to avoid breaking the emergency services. That is galaxy brain Britain's Plan A. Sort of the long ball two footed approach.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Johnson’s plan sounds like madness and that being so there is no way they can complete the season.

I wonder how the foreign players feel about that. I imagine some don’t approve and would rather be with their families but have to wait three weeks for the season to (not) resume.

Would leaving void their contracts? How is the Premier League going to hold on to these players when their host nations policy is giving them a potentially dangerous virus?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Johnson's plan is madness for the at risk groups, the elderly, immunocompromised etc. Mostly isolated physically fit footballers have little to worry about even if they do contract it and not travelling is the best thing they can do. They're a demographic that can comfortably self isolate for a fair length of time.

Not to say it doesn't suck, just...doomsay management. It's not going to be like each club having their own Munich or anything.

You're right that unless a sudden course change happens (and it might!) there is absolutely no way anymore football is being played. Or at least shouldn't be. I can still see an attempt to do closed doors or overseas after testing all the players at some point before it's given up on.

My suggestion on discord was end the season now as if it was final day. Cup comps are void unless already completed, tough, sorry, well done City etc. Playoffs and relegation cancelled, auto promotions honoured, next season has temporarily larger relegation zone whenever that season is to start. League titles awarded, asterisk "season ended early".

Solve any fixture congestion by flipping a coin and skipping one out of the FA Cup or league Cup or their equivalents depending on country and league (former frees up the most calendar, latter fucks over fewer small clubs) for a season.

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 16, 2020

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
No matter what happens, I can see a metric shitload of lawsuits dragging this on.

For the teams that would be relegated or not qualify for the CL, it is totally worth the time and money to fight this. Unless they're some obscure-but-rock-solid force majeure clause in the FA charter or something, pretty much everyone is going to be pissed.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

track day bro! posted:

what i think we should do is rig old trafford with high explosives and shoot slur asslix turdburgalarson with high powered sniper rifles

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Welp, thats gonna be the end of this thread then.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

hadji murad posted:

Would leaving void their contracts? How is the Premier League going to hold on to these players when their host nations policy is giving them a potentially dangerous virus?

That's one of the key questions for the delay crowd in general, IMO. What happens to contracts in general? What happens to players who are out of contract this summer, if the season is still on hold with an eye towards maybe kicking off again sometime in the fall? What happens to transfers that might have been already agreed on for this summer?

Honestly, unless by some magical miracle / BoJo idiocy the PL decides they can play out the season after this two week break, voiding the whole loving thing is the only solution that makes sense.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
List of people who wants to void the season:

- Karren Brady
- Piers Morgan
- Der Shovel
- kcer
- Blinkz0rz

Xabi fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 16, 2020

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The Italian FA president said that they haven’t ruled out “playing this season over two seasons” meaning this current season would just bleed in to next calendar year. Given the forecasts about how long the quarantine and social bans will last over all of Europe this might actually work out best.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Would be interesting if they just extended this season over 2 years

Could Liverpool perform the greatest bottle of all time throwing away a 22 point lead at the start of the season or could they amass 200 points.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

The Italian FA president said that they haven’t ruled out “playing this season over two seasons” meaning this current season would just bleed in to next calendar year. Given the forecasts about how long the quarantine and social bans will last over all of Europe this might actually work out best.

Yeah the rest of this calendar year is probably going to be off the table based on what I saw from the NHS regarding how long this will be a thing.

Start up again after the 2021 Euros (lol) and run to a conclusion in 2022? Would be weird but I guess viable, assuming we’re not all dead by then.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I agree with idiot rwce

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
a lot of zany ideas imo

the only feasible option is to void the league

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Would be interesting if they just extended this season over 2 years

Could Liverpool perform the greatest bottle of all time throwing away a 22 point lead at the start of the season or could they amass 200 points.

Solsjkaer sat next to me rn watching the 1996 comeback on loop

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bundy posted:

Solsjkaer sat next to me rn watching the 1996 comeback on loop

Makes sense considering all Man Utd have right now is the past.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Makes sense considering all Man Utd have right now is the past.

:ironicat:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Current European & World Champions :colbert:

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Xabi posted:

List of people who wants to void the season:

- Karren Brady
- Piers Morgan
- Der Shovel
- kcer

A pair of horrible cunts, as well as Brady and Piers

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Current European & World Champions :colbert:

Yes well done on your fifth European Cup last season