Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease
Saw this shared on facebook:

quote:

Is it coincidence that just when the economy is booming, the stock market is setting record highs, we are winning the trade wars, school shootings have stopped and our nation is at peace and it looks like Trump is a sure bet for reelection after fending off 3 years of investigations and impeachment... then all the sudden world crisis pandemic. Stock market tumbles, companies are laying off employees, everything is closed and cancelled ect...

Now they say there are a couple ways a President doesn't win reelection. Those are an unpopular war or a poor economy. I can't help but think there is something larger going on here driving this sudden outbreak right after Trump beats an impeachment. Especially the fact that it originated in China who we are in a global trade war with brought on by Trump. I am sure China doesn't want 4 more years of Trump either. I am not a conspiracy theorist but it all seems rather convenient for the nations and opponents of our current President and economy 5 months before an election. Couldn't have hit at a more perfect time.

With the Democrats running out of campaign talking points in light of no school shootings, no migrant caravans at the southern border, fighting in Syria winding down, North Korea not firing missiles and Trump beating a sham impeachment. The corona virus gave them one last hail mary to try and point fingers at Trump with the clock winding down on 2020.

This is almost the perfect fascist playbook... control the population with fear mongering and panic, control the media and propaganda, and the fan favorite disarm the population.

I guess I am a skeptic. Sorry but I don't think we are all going to die lol. Remember when Ebola was what was going to kill us all, and the media kept showing the piles of body bags that were prepared for the fallout. Then a month later it was totally forgotten lol. I wish people could just go about their lives until this plays out. I will worry when there is a significant death toll like nearing a million or something. A handful of deaths out of 320 million Americans and we are in panic tearing down our society and costing our economy billions in the wake. Sigh...It all just seems fishy, a little too well timed if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Eh! Frank posted:

"I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but..." is a nice runner up to "I'm not a racist but..."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Eh! Frank posted:

I like how this conspiracy would have been entirely reliant on Trump giving one of the most incompetent responses to a pandemic in history, because a good one would have increased his popularity instead.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

freemandela posted:

Idiots on Social Media: The technical term for this is bimboification

Concur with this post

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Democrats: *lose WH race to self-evident stupid bumbling idiot*
Also Democrats: *successfully help engineer global pandemic as part of undetected multinational conspiracy*

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Eh! Frank posted:

Remember when Ebola was what was going to kill us all, and the media kept showing the piles of body bags that were prepared for the fallout. Then a month later it was totally forgotten lol.

Now this has me loving screaming. Goddamn suburbanites, must be nice.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Eh! Frank posted:

quote:

I guess I am a skeptic. Sorry but I don't think we are all going to die lol. Remember when Ebola was what was going to kill us all, and the media kept showing the piles of body bags that were prepared for the fallout. Then a month later it was totally forgotten lol. I wish people could just go about their lives until this plays out. I will worry when there is a significant death toll like nearing a million or something. A handful of deaths out of 320 million Americans and we are in panic tearing down our society and costing our economy billions in the wake. Sigh...It all just seems fishy, a little too well timed if you ask me.

Imagine being so self-centered that you can't care about something until a million people die.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Democrats: *lose WH race to self-evident stupid bumbling idiot*
Also Democrats: *successfully help engineer global pandemic as part of undetected multinational conspiracy*

:umberto:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Life comes at you fast:

https://twitter.com/scooterz5/status/1232553760272080896
https://twitter.com/scooterz5/status/1239038996002545664

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Ruffian Price posted:

Now this has me loving screaming. Goddamn suburbanites, must be nice.

I had to go over that part a few times to make sure I wasn't misreading it. Ebola is still relevant and awful. Maybe not to that poster or their weirdo friends though.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hyperhazard posted:

Imagine being so self-centered that you can't care about something until a million people die.

Nah he just figures that first million or two will be "urban types" in big cities most likely.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

No schadenfreude from this. It's really frustrating.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Zesty posted:

i'd still laugh react it

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Zesty posted:

:corona:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Anticheese posted:

I heard from a friend in Denmark that the government there is taking over paying service industry workers during this crisis.

They're covering most, but not all wages. The employer still has to pay about 25%, depending on the salary.

I get full pay because I'm employed in the public sector, but I also have to work from home.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Anticheese posted:

I heard from a friend in Denmark that the government there is taking over paying service industry workers during this crisis.

To be honest as far as I'm aware, this isn't a unique Coronavirus policy response, but just how our social safety net works even after several decades of being flayed by center-right ghouls and centrist ghouls occasionally masquerading as center-left ghouls.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9sinjbo4mU/?igshid=10ujjqygfcvlm

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

For once I disagree with Krang

The defining quality of Gen X is how much and how deeply we loving hate Boomers

Also, crazy dangerous childhood toys and Oregon Trail

But mostly the Boomer hatred :argh:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

AlbieQuirky posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C3FYUw3w-I

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

T-man posted:

<--- lol ya'll are super extra

Take pride in your redtext, you made some stupid rear end in a top hat angry enough to spend twenty bucks on you.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

AlbieQuirky posted:

Word. Also Gen X best gen ( :) )

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol if you are proud of being defined by the 80s.

And to be clear it's a nasty, infectious spray of bile, not a normal lol

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Push El Burrito posted:

I will go to any place that has bottomless anything.
*looks down* well, time to tidy the house I suppose

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

AlbieQuirky posted:

:same:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
"We're very angry at mom and dad but no, we didn't do anything about it. Our favourite musicians were SOOOOO good though, listen to them won't you????

no seriously, like, this was the end of music. we basically invented music, idiot. no i can't play a bass but neither can your musicians. oh god no please stop playing that bass. why does one of you know how to play guitar? there's a GIRLLLL on drums???? im melltinginghfskdjlfhsdkjh"

-a gen x

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

"We're very angry at mom and dad but no, we didn't do anything about it. Our favourite musicians were SOOOOO good though, listen to them won't you????

no seriously, like, this was the end of music. we basically invented music, idiot. no i can't play a bass but neither can your musicians. oh god no please stop playing that bass. why does one of you know how to play guitar? there's a GIRLLLL on drums???? You use computers because you waaaaant tooooooooo im melltinginghfskdjlfhsdkjh"

-a gen x

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
In which a man q!=es while mocking gen-x computer use

More like Edgar Allen Hubris

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Gen X is defined by how much it talks about Gen X

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

AlbieQuirky posted:

OK Boomer

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/1239354007392567296

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Can't imagine why she wouldn't want people looking too deeply at previous positions prominent people held.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

I know that all bourgeouis politics are p[ointless and the only way to get real change is to use direct action to harm the precious number these people all worship, but I like that we've come to the point where even a person's own life story can't be used to judge them for office. All that matters is the last 3 years, anything before that might as well have been recorded on cuneiform tablets, it's ancient history (maybe myth!) that has no bearing on today. This is what happens when your base outpaces you on issues, you just reframe it so that your previour positions don't matter

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Joy-Ann Reid is a loving retard.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pastry of the Year posted:

:mods:

lmao probe went though as I posted

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

maybe don't use, the word,

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I've been using "dipstick" as my "intensely stupid person" noun of choice. It's nicely condescending I think.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jagoff is a good catchall one.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
"Screaming idiot" is also a good insult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I've been using "dipstick" as my "intensely stupid person" noun of choice. It's nicely condescending I think.

It's very adjacent to my choice, 'dipshit'. It really comes down from what you want from it, the vague condescension of an insult that would work in a kindergarten or the punch of an actual expletive.

I admit, I have no idea how I'd respond if a grown adult called me a 'dipstick'.