Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Godholio posted:

I hate all of you, I just want you to know that.

Hey gently caress you buddy I sent you bbq sauce

Also stop arguing about a dumb film when YOU HAVE POTUS DOING EVIL CHOICES FROM BIOWARE GAMES

Like it's universally known that Bioware evil choices are scenery-chewing puppy stomping Cape-flicking Dick Dastardly type stuff and your loving POTUS is out doing it in the open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

joat mon posted:

The major metropolitan area near me just suspended all civil cases in the courts.
The exceptions:
1) Emergency Temporary Restraining Orders
2) Civil mental health (immediate danger to oneself or others stuff)
aaand
3) Evictions.

Oh my loving god

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Also stop arguing about a dumb film when YOU HAVE POTUS DOING EVIL CHOICES FROM BIOWARE GAMES

Like it's universally known that Bioware evil choices are scenery-chewing puppy stomping Cape-flicking Dick Dastardly type stuff and your loving POTUS is out doing it in the open

So, you're saying it's a Tuesday?

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

IDK man if we can't take time out of our day to call someone an idiot what's the point of even living.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Fair

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

the only part of that story that surprises me is the germans confirming it

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Doc Hawkins posted:

lurid sexual and physical threats to attractive young women. a premise that places their bodies fully in the control of men and offers them no empowerment except through seduction, seen through the effects-reel set pieces. Internet Wizard already says it: you don't get a pass just because you wink at the camera and say "but it's different when I do it!"

jon hamm's soliloquy at the end was vile, but in a sense perfect. "oh, wow! wow! seeing this mutilated woman has helped me finally feel empathy for her! this has really made me reconsider my earlier criticisms of snyder's ouevre! genius is never appreciated in its own time!"

...anyway, current event, i spent my weekend driving around state parks. i recommend it.

They showed plenty of empowerment without seduction. I'm not sure you're accurately recalling the movie. Most- if not all- of their empowering moments were acts of violence against men.

Is it possible you're thinking of the "dancing" scenes as seduction? The film explicitly does not show a single dance, so you dont have these girls gyrating in an exploitative manner masquerading as liberated or woke. The implication is that performances or dance scenes are actually violent outbursts by Babydoll in the setting of the psych ward, not stripteases. If anything it reinforces the concept of revolution through violence being the only way for an oppressed group to free itself.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Did you own a fedora before or after you saw this film

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Holy crap shut up about this dumb film

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/i/status/1239383795205169152

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Bavaria is declaring a state of emergency as of Tuesday. All non-essential services to suspend, all non-essential businesses to close as of Wednesday.
Unified crisis staff to be formed in order to get the healthcare-response on the same page.

Ultimately, having the administration react sooner than later is the right thing to do, so I can't be mad, especially since my personal happiness in this matter is completely irrelevant.

This does, however, confirm my current work-related fears since this essentially negates the majority of my work over the last two months, and puts my project into a really lovely position. We're expecting the mandatory home-office call to be made before noon today, so the only good thing to take away from this is that I can focus entirely on damage control working from the confines of my home since all validation testing "in the field" over the next three weeks at minimum is probably going out the window.

/edit: Okay, that came out wrong. It's "the only good thing in the state of my work to come out of this", an organized response to a pandemic obviously has much more relevant good things coming out of it in the long run.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
On the Bond-villain vaccine story, this has the stink of equivocation somewhere within transnational corporate law definitions being utilized as diplomatic leverage.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktla.c...9-pandemic/amp/

Fun is not authorized in Los Angeles.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_066dEkycr4

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Two Women Fell Sick From the Coronavirus. One Survived.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Vegas is closed

Inserting the 2021 tourism video now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7UjcC6Fvck

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Has Vegas ever closed?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Bloomberg posted:

The coronavirus pandemic will bankrupt most airlines worldwide by the end of May unless governments and the industry take coordinated steps to avoid such a situation, an aviation consultant warned.

Many airlines have probably been driven into technical bankruptcy or substantially breached debt covenants already, Sydney-based consultancy CAPA Centre for Aviation warned in a statement Monday. Carriers are depleting cash reserves quickly because their planes are grounded and those that aren’t are flying more than half empty, it said.

relates to Coronavirus Could Bankrupt Most Airlines by End of May, Consultant Warns
“Coordinated government and industry action is needed — now — if catastrophe is to be avoided,” CAPA said. Otherwise, “emerging from the crisis will be like entering a brutal battlefield, littered with casualties,” it said.

Coronavirus Pandemic Causes Climate Of Anxiety And Changing Routines In America
A Delta flight from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport flies nearly empty to JFK on March 15.Photographer: John Moore/Getty Images
Most of the biggest carriers in the U.S., China and Middle East are likely to survive because of government help or support from their owners, CAPA said.

Airlines have been among the biggest corporate casualties of the virus outbreak as the coronavirus grinds air traffic to a halt. Carriers from American Airlines Group Inc. to Australia’s Qantas Airways Ltd. have slashed capacity, while some like Sweden’s SAS AB have temporarily laid off most staff. Flybe, Europe’s biggest regional airline, has already collapsed. Carriers could face as much as $113 billion in lost revenue this year, according to the International Air Transport Association.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-16/virus-to-bankrupt-most-airlines-by-end-of-may-consultant-says

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If the markets aren’t an absolute blood bath today then I don’t know what the gently caress.

I don’t know ‘what the gently caress’

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

But like, the planes will still be there, and the trained people who ran them so.... New airlines will rise in their place, like capitalist phoenixes surely?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

All hail Federal American Airlines

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If it means I can change planes somewhere other than Houston or O'Hare, I'm all for it.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don’t think the financial fuckoclpsye or whatever can be overstated. Our only hope at limiting this to a Great Recession / The Depression level event is extreme government action and complete and utter control over entities public and private that hasn’t been seen since WW2.

And we got Donnie Smoothbrains and Miller at the helm.

gently caress. Me.

Buttery E-Mails indeed. Buttery E-mails.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Come hang out in NZ, friend.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Come hang out in NZ, friend.

Don’t I wish I could, brother.

I wanted goonysberg to happen so we could meet up and you could be introduced to tons of 100% ‘Murican poo poo- I was seriously gonna come.

The wife and I have New Zealand on out wish lists so I’ll be contacting you in due time to do a NZ goon meet of sorts.

We love to travel but only first class if it’s over 3+ hours, and holy poo poo is that expensive going to Australia or New Zealand. poo poo is Mortgage Payment expensive.

But we’re gonna do it. Wether we hit Iceland and the Seychelles first depends entirely on the upcoming financial... poo poo loving, or whatever this is called.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Whole thing seems so ridiculous that it's looped around to the point where throwing your hands in the air and saying 'gently caress it who cares it's all moon magic anyway' would be a lot easier.

I'm dumb about market poo poo because I was always too loving broke to think about investing, but can't they just shut it down to keep investors from loving it up even more than they have already?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I don’t think the financial fuckoclpsye or whatever can be overstated. Our only hope at limiting this to a Great Recession / The Depression level event is extreme government action and complete and utter control over entities public and private that hasn’t been seen since WW2.

And we got Donnie Smoothbrains and Miller at the helm.

Yeah over the weekend I kinda went from making sure we had enough stuff on hand to manage 2-3 weeks without assistance or need to go back out and thinking a little bit about tightening up spending in case the summer stays slow too into full on "Will I have a job in 6 months / will my University go under because of financial collapse?" etc.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

If the markets aren’t an absolute blood bath today then I don’t know what the gently caress.

I don’t know ‘what the gently caress’

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
https://twitter.com/PhilippineStar/status/1239376124917866496

Seems like Mother Earth is getting serious about ridding herself of those human parasites :(

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Torrannor posted:

https://twitter.com/PhilippineStar/status/1239376124917866496

Seems like Mother Earth is getting serious about ridding herself of those human parasites :(

The good news is that we are very good at making flu vaccines.

The bad news is that we're a little distracted right now.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Places going into quarantine etc for COVID-19 will also help lessen the spread of flu etc in general as well. So, it could be worse?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

To go to work or not go to work, that is the question

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

SquirrelyPSU posted:

That's my decision right now. Well, I need my work laptop and monitors regardless.

I was looking forward to WFH and getting some extra PE studying in, but since they cancelled that, who knows...

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

pkells posted:

That's my decision right now. Well, I need my work laptop and monitors regardless.

I was looking forward to WFH and getting some extra PE studying in, but since they cancelled that, who knows...

Wait, they cancelled the April PE??

Also, I can just remote into mine (I've got 3 monitors at work, I've got two monitors at home but I can rig together my Surface to act as a mini-third) which makes it even harder to get into the shower. Kind of just want to watch the world burn today.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Old Boot posted:

The good news is that we are very good at making flu vaccines.

The bad news is that we're a little distracted right now.

Avian flu is a bit different, it has a way amped up mortality rate compared to normal flu, and it is lethal to chicken eggs, which makes the virus extremely hard to culture. (It destroys the chicken egg before producing any decent quantity of virus)

You treat it in humans by giving antivirals and praying basically, because highly pathogenic avian flu mortality is more like Ebola than something like SARS/MERS. Thankfully avian flu doesn't spread person to person, all cases to date have been direct contact with infected birds for the HPAI strains.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Mar 16, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Don’t I wish I could, brother.

I wanted goonysberg to happen so we could meet up and you could be introduced to tons of 100% ‘Murican poo poo- I was seriously gonna come.

The wife and I have New Zealand on out wish lists so I’ll be contacting you in due time to do a NZ goon meet of sorts.

We love to travel but only first class if it’s over 3+ hours, and holy poo poo is that expensive going to Australia or New Zealand. poo poo is Mortgage Payment expensive.

But we’re gonna do it. Wether we hit Iceland and the Seychelles first depends entirely on the upcoming financial... poo poo loving, or whatever this is called.

Yeah man. I was really looking forward to it too. Thought I'd more or less covered all my bases, but I can be forgiven for not predicting a massive pandemic shutting down entire continents.

It was probably gonna be dumb and awkward as hell, but honestly sitting around smoking meat and talking poo poo with a bunch of morons sounded like a pretty good time to me.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

If I go to New Zealand I might become an illegal taxpayer burden for the foreseeable future.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I wish I had that choice. School is cancelled for at least two weeks, maybe the rest of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Woofer posted:

If I go to New Zealand I might become an illegal taxpayer burden for the foreseeable future.

If you bring Monty I'll allow it