Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Stereotype posted:

probably at 10am after the Dow closes for the day down 20%

lmao trump is going to lose his poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

CODChimera posted:

lmao trump is going to lose his poo poo

Eagerly awaiting presser where Trump announces he sold the souls of all americans to the literal devil in exchange for moving the Dow back up.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/M_PaulMcNamara/status/1239490950604488704

unlike in hubei i think people in italy with non-essential jobs that cant work from home are still going to work

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

The requirement came from the central government. If we were following the local authorities it would have been :qq: but if we close number goes down :qq:.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Hamsterkaeufe

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

gay picnic defence posted:

I heard an interview this afternoon that made it sound like Australia is going to take the same approach. It kinda makes sense but whether they can actually pull it off without it running wild through vulnerable populations is an open question. I don't really care for boomers so they're welcome to try as far as I'm concerned.

China has pretty much got rid of it but there's going to be flare ups once they try and get people working again. They can put suburbs back in lockdown again but they'll just be playing whack-a-mole and it will cause a lot of disruption. It isn't really practical in the long term to lock up anyone with a temperature for 14 days or force people to maintain social distancing for 2 years until a vaccine is produced.

lol people keep trying to rationalize governments deciding to just do nothing because they're headed by incompetent pretenders. maybe when sideshow bob stepped on all those rakes it was actually because he was about to suffer a fatal stroke and needed to dislodge the blockage

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

uncleTomOfFinland posted:

The Finnish government is openly preparing to enact the state of readiness law, this is pretty big deal since nothing like this has been used since uh *checks wiki* the soviets invaded in 1939. :staredog:

EDIT: Thank loving christ the fash party didnt win the election we had last year, comrade Marin will protect us

u elected cheech? :vince:

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Pooky posted:

Hamsterkaeufe

Toilettartikelbevorratungsmaßnahme

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
People keep joking about Trump canceling the election and like... I'm pretty sure he's gonna at least try

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PhilstarNews/status/1239446836768718848?s=19

lmao

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I normally just put out the bare minimum of productivity at work while I shitpost and watch youtube all day so working from home won't change much except save me gas and commute time

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Wtf? Is that true?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

precision posted:

People keep joking about Trump canceling the election and like... I'm pretty sure he's gonna at least try

Explain the mechanism by which he does so

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

lol @ CNN running anti-medicare4all ads during wall to wall coronavirus coverage

BrokenGameboy
Jan 25, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Unintended safe house. Hope they have beans.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Man Musk posted:

lol @ CNN running anti-medicare4all ads during wall to wall coronavirus coverage

:capitalism:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Can we appropriate beaner

or reappropriate it

or redefine it

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Loving that UK policy is to open our arms to the virus and guarantee it a safe haven on our hell island. Boris will be slitting the throats of the elderly in Trafalgar Square as crowds chant songs of worship to the mighty Corona-chan by Friday.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Necrothatcher posted:

Loving that UK policy is to open our arms to the virus and guarantee it a safe haven on our hell island. Boris will be slitting the throats of the elderly in Trafalgar Square as crowds chant songs of worship to the mighty Corona-chan by Friday.
Boris is trying to re-enact the plot to V for Vendetta.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
novel moves in the uk and aus, actively seeking to kill off their ruling parties' voter base

coming out of that's gonna be a wild fuckin trip. i hope they film the bit where they learn about the plague

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Boris is trying to re-enact the plot to V for Vendetta.

Can't wait to become a walking biological weapon whenever I go on holiday.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Charlz Guybon posted:

Wtf? Is that true?

It really seems to be

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

can't wait for the US, UK, and Australia to become international quarantines

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol

quote:

In a clip that has been shared on YouTube, contestants in the house can be heard discussing why there was no audience to cheer out the first person who has been evicted.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Australia really has it sorted, 'roni when it's cold and fire when it's hot. We're hosed hard all year round :toot:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Dr_JMRickli/status/1239481339499491328?s=19

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

we truly live in the end times

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Anyone can tell me why we can't just drop a lot of insect poison on these clouds?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Charlz Guybon posted:

trump says "we're not doing the election guys." republican states go along with it, democratic states dont. people whos opinion matters say "well we cant have an election with only half the states. its a confusing situation lets go along with it for now."

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Tei posted:

Anyone can tell me why we can't just drop a lot of insect poison on these clouds?

animals eat the now poisonous dead insects and also die

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

why not just eat the locusts? I hear they're not half bad, I'd do it

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

gay picnic defence posted:

I work at an accounting firm and exactly 0% of our small business clients have a rainy day fund. Any cash they make is out and spent on some mortgage they can barely afford or a new car, a bunch don't even manage their cash flow well enough to pay their GST (Australian version of VAT) on time.

same here in the USA more or less

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Article says they might be deploying 100,000 ducks to combat the swarm.

Tactical duck barrage

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Charlz Guybon posted:

The sitting president cannot be subject to any law, we now know. Especially when there's a steadfast, corrupt establishment with the majority of power behind him. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo where's the recourse to anyone stopping Trump? Where's someone who can step in and say, with authority, 'no, you have to hold elections'? There's no loving law anymore in this country except the dictates of those willing to peruse violence, and there's so few of them that it's not even worth pretending something will happen along those lines. America is hosed and we will have Presidente For Life Trump and his cadre of successor spawn OFFICIALLY be the case by this time next year.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Dead Set was a documentary

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Feels like the madness is starting to ramp up here (UK) now. Lots of events being delayed or cancelled. Outside is quieter, except for the supermarkets where there's barely any rice, beans, oats, flour, and eggs. And lol at getting tp or hand sanitiser. Although ethnic shops are still well stocked so Asian and Polish stores are the place to go until more people catch on to them.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Apoplexy posted:

The sitting president cannot be subject to any law, we now know. Especially when there's a steadfast, corrupt establishment with the majority of power behind him. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo where's the recourse to anyone stopping Trump? Where's someone who can step in and say, with authority, 'no, you have to hold elections'? There's no loving law anymore in this country except the dictates of those willing to peruse violence, and there's so few of them that it's not even worth pretending something will happen along those lines. America is hosed and we will have Presidente For Life Trump and his cadre of successor spawn OFFICIALLY be the case by this time next year.

Don't you guys have some constitutional amendment that lets you have guns so you could stop something like that from happening?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/CissnaMatthew/status/1238475627323371521

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Gum posted:

Dead Set was a documentary

hell yeah I had forgotten about that. gonna go see if I still have that somewhere because lol