Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Sure thing bud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Ex-Sheriff Flair can always be relied upon for the chowderhead take. The man is an arrogant doofus extraordinaire. He could be on the Olympic buffoon squad.

Also, got to love an ex-cop who’s gone full sovcit.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Lol, human beings are hopelessly stupid. Someone shake Fermi’s corpse awake and tell it we’ve answered the question.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/sadpandatxt/status/1239327153654816768

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

All the aussies in the thread doing a good job not commenting on the Favourite Insult derail.

I'm proud of us.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I knew this was about a Japanese wrestler before I even clicked on that, also lmao at describing himself as a "homely boy-next-door type"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

AlbieQuirky posted:

Ex-Sheriff Flair can always be relied upon for the chowderhead take. The man is an arrogant doofus extraordinaire. He could be on the Olympic buffoon squad.

Wasn't that chowderhead trying to BE government? Sure a whole lot of anti-government people spending their entire careers being the evil government for the perks and pay.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Picnic Princess posted:

Wasn't that chowderhead trying to BE government? Sure a whole lot of anti-government people spending their entire careers being the evil government for the perks and pay.

Ronald Reagan the day he became President, He'd previously been the two term governor of the most populous state in the union.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IlcDvXaUCw

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

IshmaelZarkov posted:

All the aussies in the thread doing a good job not commenting on the Favourite Insult derail.

I'm proud of us.

I almost never use that word as an insult, to be honest. It's really just a descriptive and occasionally a term of endearment.

Oxygen thief and fuckwit are my insults of choice, depending on the company I'm in at the time.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I've always been a fan of reprobate, myself. It's a classic insult targeting a person's character, without having the baggage of targeting any marginalized group of people, it's not a swear, it's not a cutesy reference to a swear word, and it's not implying you think the other person ought to die.

It's the one entirely unproblematic insult!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Dipshit is my go to. It’s just really satisfying phonetically.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/61819/42-old-english-insults

2. BEDSWERVER

An adulterer. Another of Shakespeare’s inventions that became popular in Victorian slang.

3. BESPAWLER

To bespawl means to spit or dribble. A bespawler is a slobbering person, who spits when he talks.

7. DEW-BEATER

An 18th century word for an especially large shoe, and consequently a clumsy or awkward person.

14. GILLIE-WET-FOOT

An old Scots word for a swindling businessman, or someone who gets into debt and then flees.

15. GNASHGAB

An 18th century northern English word for someone who only ever seems to complain.

22. MUCK-SPOUT

A dialect word for someone who not only talks a lot, but who seems to constantly swear.

33. SNOUTBAND

Someone who constantly interrupts a conversation, typically only to contradict or correct someone else.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

IshmaelZarkov posted:

I'm proud of us.

Everyone knows about "mate" already 🤣

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"Clown" is a good insult because clowns don't mind being laughed at so they won't object

Also this seems like a very reasonable and calm response:
https://twitter.com/MAGAnUcry/status/1239531472165523459
The Left: famously unvillified until now.

Vib Rib has a new favorite as of 14:12 on Mar 16, 2020

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Jippa posted:

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/61819/42-old-english-insults

2. BEDSWERVER

An adulterer. Another of Shakespeare’s inventions that became popular in Victorian slang.

3. BESPAWLER

To bespawl means to spit or dribble. A bespawler is a slobbering person, who spits when he talks.

7. DEW-BEATER

An 18th century word for an especially large shoe, and consequently a clumsy or awkward person.

14. GILLIE-WET-FOOT

An old Scots word for a swindling businessman, or someone who gets into debt and then flees.

15. GNASHGAB

An 18th century northern English word for someone who only ever seems to complain.

22. MUCK-SPOUT

A dialect word for someone who not only talks a lot, but who seems to constantly swear.

33. SNOUTBAND

Someone who constantly interrupts a conversation, typically only to contradict or correct someone else.

I can't believe they didn't include slubberdegullion. That's my favorite old insult!

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

One of my employees told me to shut up so I called him a "loving egg". Egg is a great insult, but you can also call people good eggs.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Skwirl posted:

Ronald Reagan the day he became President, He'd previously been the two term governor of the most populous state in the union.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IlcDvXaUCw

The comments on this video are all thread material.

Special mention for "was paradice back then compaired to now" referring to how good Reagan made it in... 1981

HMM I WONDER WHAT CHANGED

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

I enjoy using shapes as insults. I don't know what I'm saying when I call someone "a loving rhombus", or tell them "get hosed you trapezoid", or even go the classic "You're a goddamn pentagon somedays" but it feels right.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I think we should bring back "nincompoop"

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
loving muck spout.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Mak0rz posted:

I think we should bring back "nincompoop"

Crumbum

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
There's a content creator who uses "desk" and a more emphatic "absolute desk", I like that.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IshmaelZarkov posted:

I'm proud of us.

That's where Pittsburghese is useful. Jagoff isn't a slur anywhere in the world that I know of.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I love the earthy contempt conveyed by 'ya fuckin gobshite'.
Another good one for the 'I'm Karen and I want to speak to a manager'-types is 'a dose'. Especially bad ones are an 'absolute dose'.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Say it in the most polite way possible and add "rear end"

That is a huge rear end whale

That Karen was a polite rear end customer

She was a heroic rear end doctor

Hitler was a nazi rear end nazi

It works in all situations and moods. Please note that the emphasis on "rear end" is different from like, dumbass. Dumbass goon sounds different from dumb rear end goon.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 15:47 on Mar 16, 2020

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Has anybody said Dingus Khan? That's a personal favorite. Adding "weapons grade" to a mundane insult is pretty good as well. E.g. Weapons grade moron, weapons grade rear end, weapons grade middle management.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

There's a content creator who uses "desk" and a more emphatic "absolute desk", I like that.

What the gently caress is a "content creator"? Someone who makes something?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mushika posted:

It's someone who is like your favourite celebrity but anyone can watch them for free if they want, boomer

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

AlbieQuirky posted:

Yeah, dude seems to be on an even keel.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mushika posted:

Shut the gently caress up, deskwad.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Shut the gently caress up, deskwad.

He's an absolute deskwad

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I know I'm old, but y'all are just mean.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

"Addlepated dunderhead" when I'm jocular; "waste of skin" when I'm not.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Yes, this is really the governor of Oklahoma. This was Saturday night.

He has since deleted the tweet and declared a state of emergency.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you know why Texas doesn't drift off into the gulf of Mexico?

cause Oklahoma sucks

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

I have long desired to bring my insults up to the level of the English. Calling someone a wankpuffin is on a completely different level from our boring American garbage.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Biden is no better than Trump. If he gets the spot over Bernie then I'm not even going to vote.

Excellent comment/username combo.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

OhAreThey posted:

Excellent comment/username combo.

he's only wrong because he should have said "marginally better" and "I'm only going to vote downballot"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Takoluka posted:

he's only wrong because he should have said "marginally better"

ehhhhh