Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
As a heads up, Airbnb is now allowing essentially anyone to fully cancel reservations without penalty -- full refunds.

I was able to back out of my trip thanks to this, so something to explore if you were on the fence like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Where's a good place to watch the financial markets melt down in real time?

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Wait, they cancelled the April PE??

Also, I can just remote into mine (I've got 3 monitors at work, I've got two monitors at home but I can rig together my Surface to act as a mini-third) which makes it even harder to get into the shower. Kind of just want to watch the world burn today.

Yup, as of last Friday. I’m disappointed, but whatever, it’s out of my control. I woke up Saturday morning and played video games guilt free for the first time in months, so that was kind of nice.

I’m a little concerned about how our VPN is gonna handle everyone working from home.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

That Works posted:

Depends on what you want to watch. CNBC will probably be good. Maybe Fox Business? Otherwise if you just wanna watch number go down, the iPhone stocks app is pretty real-time (if you have an iPhone).

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://www.investing.com

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5e6f77768f46d-coviiiid-19-so-thats-something-yeah.php

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
It’s just a flu, bro.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/koconews/status/1239260601169391623

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

That Works posted:

Donnie's going to try the same trick he pulled last time with CEOs, so be prepared.

https://twitter.com/KFaulders/status/1239540793213366273?s=19

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
CBS just cut in to say the market dropped 9.7% at open and it's now in a timeout.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
My employer just sent an email indicating that information from 2018 and 2019 W-2's was stolen, cause they left it on a flash drive.

JFC what a year.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Holy gently caress it’s down almost 3000 points in loving 15 minutes

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

That Works posted:

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/djia

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
S&P 500 is what triggers circuit breakers. I think it fired the second the bell rang

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I think we are gonna see double maybe all 3 breakers today. Hold onto your butts

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

We've dumped trillions in the past few weeks into the wealthiest pockets.

Millions of Americans are about to be indefinitely laid off and nothing is being done to help them. poo poo is going to get really loving bad.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
See also:

The Governor of Oklahoma posted:

I believe in choice, and we’ve got six children and we don’t vaccinate, we don’t do vaccinations on all of our children. So we definitely pick and choose which ones we’re gonna do. It’s gotta be up to the parents, we can never mandate that. I think there’s legislation right now that are trying to mandate that to go to public schools, it’s absolutely wrong.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I knew he was going to be in the running for worst president ever but I didn’t think it was gonna be bungling a pandemic and tanking the feel good number.

Putin must be so proud of him.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
NUMBER GO DOWN! NUMBER GO DOWN!

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

joat mon posted:

See also:

And my parents wonder why i settled in Korea and never plan on moving back to Oklahoma. Jesus.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

LingcodKilla posted:

I knew he was going to be in the running for worst president ever but I didn’t think it was gonna be bungling a pandemic and tanking the feel good number.

Putin must be so proud of him.

None of this is surprising to me. It's just his bad loving luck that he has to deal with it and also ours that he's the president.

Watch him still be re-elected.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
CENTCOM announces 2.0 carrier presence in region and also deployment of Patriot batteries into Iraq.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

NUMBER GO DOWN! NUMBER GO DOWN!

We can only fail dear leader

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

joat mon posted:

See also:

I told my mom, brother and sister (all in Tulsa area) that I was never setting foot in OK again, not even for a funeral and I still don't regret that choice.

I made some good friends there but goddamn did I meet a lot of lovely people too.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

bloops posted:

None of this is surprising to me. It's just his bad loving luck that he has to deal with it and also ours that he's the president.

Watch him still be re-elected.

Ding Ding Ding.

My megachud family wanted him to run the nation like his business. They got their wish and they are totally still on board with his strong, decisive actions that are keeping us safe. (really)

Coupled with the schism in the left the only way Trump doesn't get re-elected is if he gets boomer doomerd'. Then the true believers will have their martyr and Pence will get 4 years :unsmigghh:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

My mom finally started to take my warnings seriously and was gonna drive home today but left yesterday morning from Florida and drove straight home, no hotel and got home safe this morning. She kept listening to her boomer brother and boyfriend and was gonna stay until the rental was up on the 27th. USA/Canada might be on lockdown at that point.

Trudeau is rumoured to be closing up a lot of Canada today, find out at 1 EST I guess.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I know the original Marxist term isn’t analogous here, but I’m coining the term “Trumpenproletariat” to describe everyone who gets laid off in the coming weeks.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
The VA just cancelled all my, my brothers and my cousins appointments in Texas.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

My liberal friends keep saying things like "well, surely, this will cause Trump to lose support." They just don't get it. Short of several close friends dying, nothing is going to change their minds. Even that may not, after all they can just blame foreigners and the deep state for undermining Trump.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

The economy making GBS threads the bed and an uncontrolled pandemic aren't going to help his numbers though. Voters are stupid so who knows

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bird cooch posted:

The VA just cancelled all my, my brothers and my cousins appointments in Texas.

I'm expecting all the appointments I made last week to be cancelled by the end of this week. Which is really goddamn annoying.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm just being extremely pessimistic about it. There will be mass layoffs and many people on either side politically suffering as a result. It's very unfortunate.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
So, I've had a sore throat for a few days and haven't thought much about it. I came into work and only an hour or so ago feel a slight tightness in my chest. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or if I should actually call the VA after leaving now.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Pine Cone Jones posted:

So, I've had a sore throat for a few days and haven't thought much about it. I came into work and only an hour or so ago feel a slight tightness in my chest. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or if I should actually call the VA after leaving now.

Probably best to just assume you have it and tell VA/doctor but keep away from hospitals unless you have a really high fever or trouble breathing. Self quarantine time.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Get a thermometer suitable for human use (food thermometers etc are too imprecise) and start taking your temperature. Fever and chest tightness / cough are the most correlative symptoms according to the docs so far.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Remember it's also cold flu and allergy season.

Don't worry until you have a fever.

JohnnyHardcore
Jan 15, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

the only part of that story that surprises me is the germans confirming it

They learned about doing poo poo behind our backs after the Zimmermann telegram, they don't need us spreading freedom to Europe right after they get their asses kicked in by a virus.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Probably best to just assume you have it and tell VA/doctor but keep away from hospitals unless you have a really high fever or trouble breathing. Self quarantine time.

This ^

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

edit: fake news

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GBS COVID thread says this is the Guardian printing a rumor circulating through Germany, hang on I'll get the link.