Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Yeah, I'm excited.

e: lol terribad snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I knew holding onto that corinth riven was a good idea. Same way my nukor and ogris rivens paid off. :getin:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Same, but Pangolin Sword riven :keke:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Echophonic posted:

I knew holding onto that corinth riven was a good idea. Same way my nukor and ogris rivens paid off. :getin:

Can't bring myself to sell mine. Same with my Zhuge riven

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
The revise patch just hit PS4. There's no new content in this right? Just tons of changes?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Raptor1033 posted:

The revise patch just hit PS4. There's no new content in this right? Just tons of changes?

Put Viral on all of your weapons.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

WebDO posted:

Who said anything about selling? My Nukor and Ogris are warcrimes. :hellyeah:

Malah
May 18, 2015

My Tonkor is illegal in more countries than land mines.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

And Tyler Too! posted:

Put Viral on all of your weapons.

But it was already on all my weapons :???:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

WebDO posted:

Zhuge Prime with a riven and faster proj exilus is super good imo, easily carries in sorties or riven unlocks etc, especially now that self damage is gone

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

FunkyFjord posted:

What frame would you like to combo your weird gun with?

There's a lot of off meta weaponry that shines in a Mag bubble, though I'd say it's still hard to beat the Exergis here.

People are playing around with the combo of the Mutalist Quanta's alt fire with Vauban's nail grenade.

The kuva Nukor is a pretty strong status printer with a surprisingly large area of effect, make it spam the hell out gas procs and watch people's games crash. Fair warning you might crash too. Granted this may have changed with the change to gas procs.

The zekti and pox are pretty great status secondaries. I feel like the Battacor doesn't get the lip service it still deserves, burst fire rifle/opticor combo. The Miter can chop a surprising amount heads as long as they aren't highly armored, and it's syndicate augment messes up nullifiers quick.

Thanks, I think I’ll do something with the Battacor. Are the Zekti and Pox still good with the recent patch?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

I'll admit, I had gone gas for a long time over viral but now I guess that has to change.

I also have a riven'd up zhuge but killed myself an embarrassing amount with it. Maybe time to give it a whirl again!

aw that's disappointing. zaw/kitgun arcanes didn't get the rank 5 raise

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Mar 17, 2020

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
I got my 2nd Bramma having lich to spawn. It also has the exact same minimum 25% heat damage on it.

Why game, why are you doing this to me?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

The Lone Badger posted:

this has been the weirdest thing for me since the changes with the amount of people saying "now ill finally switch to viral" and im like ???? what has everyone been using this whole time!!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Berke Negri posted:

this has been the weirdest thing for me since the changes with the amount of people saying "now ill finally switch to viral" and im like ???? what has everyone been using this whole time!!

I had corrosive on every gun because I don't spend that much time hanging out in 4-corpro stacks with goons, and when enemies actually had armor corrosive was like 10x better than every other damage type combined.
And when you have 4x corpro you don't need to worry about the effectiveness of different damage types that much anyway because the enemies are squishy enough to kill with whatever.

Now armor scaling is nerfed apparently to make corrosive not so mandatory? I haven't experimented a lot with high level enemies since the patch but I'll just trust goons and hop on the viral wagon.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Berke Negri posted:

See, in the past, hunter munitions/viral was always kind of overrated, often times you were better off matching your element to the enemy armor, type. So I'd use a corrosive primary and a radiation catchmoon for most content, which was ferrite/alloy armor.

But then enemy armor scaling was decreased, meaning armor matching was less important. The ability to apply slash procs the "honest" way was nerfed, meaning HM became stronger comparatively. Corrosive element was nerfed to no longer full strip. The final result was that HM/Viral, a strong albeit slightly overrated combo in the past, has now become the overwhelming dominant meta for primaries.

I'm not sure I like this change.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Phobophilia posted:

See, in the past, hunter munitions/viral was always kind of overrated, often times you were better off matching your element to the enemy armor, type. So I'd use a corrosive primary and a radiation catchmoon for most content, which was ferrite/alloy armor.

But then enemy armor scaling was decreased, meaning armor matching was less important. The ability to apply slash procs the "honest" way was nerfed, meaning HM became stronger comparatively. Corrosive element was nerfed to no longer full strip. The final result was that HM/Viral, a strong albeit slightly overrated combo in the past, has now become the overwhelming dominant meta for primaries.

You forgot the part where viral was buffed by being able to stack to a maximum of +325% damage.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
With my WF lull, I reinstalled Rainbow Six Siege. Hadn't played since first year. Saw the grind to unlock the full stable of characters, saw that they wanted me to pay for the game again if I wanted to skip the grind, laughed and uninstalled. Back to shooting space mans I guess!

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
My PS4 didn’t auto download the patch, so I got to work on Yakuza 5 last night instead. It’s so tedious running around after a few months of mainly warframe. I wish Kiryu could bullet jump :[

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

he can he just doesn't want to

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Phobophilia posted:

Does this mean that my Soma Prime is loving awesome with HM/viral? Just to be clear? Because if that's the case I have some formaing to do

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
So I got a Shedu riven: +3.4 punch through, +114.5% multishot, -29.2% zoom.

Is that any good?

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

Is that any good?

The multishot alone makes it solid, but I'd reroll to get multishot + crit and/or status instead of punch through.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

fischtick posted:

My PS4 didn’t auto download the patch, so I got to work on Yakuza 5 last night instead. It’s so tedious running around after a few months of mainly warframe. I wish Kiryu could bullet jump :[

Everyone can bullet jump.

Once.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Rorac posted:

The multishot alone makes it solid, but I'd reroll to get multishot + crit and/or status instead of punch through.

I got -68.1% weapon recoil, +37.2% reload speed, and +102.6% critical chance. Should I go with that, or keep the previous stats?

EDIT: I went ahead and kept the multishot since it tends to do better.

Screaming Idiot fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 18, 2020

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Screaming Idiot posted:

Is that any good?

Punchthrough is bad because it stops the bullet from exploding

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

fischtick posted:

Warframe didn't exsist in the 80s so Kiryu couldn't watch it and think it was rad and copy it before he became to old to learn new tricks.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

BMan posted:

Punchthrough is bad because it stops the bullet from exploding

Oh, drat, didn't know that. Well, I'll play around with it once I get my hands on more kuva.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mangoose posted:

Does this mean that my Soma Prime is loving awesome with HM/viral? Just to be clear? Because if that's the case I have some formaing to do

Prisma Gorgon is better I think.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
a viral/HM soma p will be pretty good, yes. I can't say how top tier it is but it'll be worth your forma if you already enjoy it.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1240162896786620417

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Yup, that's how I do it, too.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
if you slot a maxed Mobilize (or one of the similar damage mods) and a Telos Boltace you can do it in a single bound

:colbert:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Goa Tse-tung posted:

if you slot a maxed Mobilize (or one of the similar damage mods) and a Telos Boltace you can do it in a single bound

:colbert:

I really like the Telos Boltace more than I probably should. It's so badass and pointy.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

I was clearing out my photo album on my phone and rediscovered this merch I found on Amazon a while ago.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

I was clearing out my photo album on my phone and rediscovered this merch I found on Amazon a while ago.

That's apt, I suppose, since it seems like every time I kill the Stalker there he fuckin' is again three days later

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

Woah, Justice made a Warframe album?!?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
New prime access on March 31st, so get your limbo, pyrana, and destreza prime all now

https://www.warframe.com/news/ivara-prime-access-ends-march-31

edit: this video shows a way to sort of get all the relics for new prime items the day it comes out, haven't tried it yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P_uo7rovPs

long story short, start running syndicate missions and farming the insignia per mission, wait till the prime comes out on day one, spend all the insignia on standing, spend all the standing on relic packs from your chosen syndicate, and the majority of those relics should have the new prime items.

I haven't tried this out yet, so maybe someone with more experience can weigh in

Guilty fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 18, 2020

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I highly doubt that "the majority" of relic pack relics would be the ones you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Guilty posted:

I haven't tried this out yet, so maybe someone with more experience can weigh in
I've done this a bunch (burned up to 5-600k standing on relic packs) and results are mixed. It's nice if you want to start insta-radstaggers and sell any drops (or even sets if you're lucky and persistent enough) in the first hours when prices are still crazy - and if you got nothing to spend your capped standing and want to make plat that's likely the way to go - but if (and this has been inconsistent) the new prime relics are dropped into guaranteed bounty rewards that's a much faster and usually more reliably way to pick up a couple for a few shares on day 1. So if i just want to leisurely pick up the frame and maybe a dupe set over the next few days that's usually what i prefer.

Depending on how fast the price comes down it might be less rng-reliant to sell syndicate mods or something for plat and then buy the parts, but i've never bothered to do that much trading.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 18, 2020