Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Colostomy Bag posted:

So I have a dumbass question.

SC has staggered development.

SQ54 has parallel development.

Should I pledge more?

Staggering in parallel really means that they can stumble nowhere twice as fast.

Combine that with every dollar is worth x4 for CIG. Parallel really means they are going at x8 times speed.

If they can increase the number of parallel task we could easily see x16 and x32 development speed.

As veteran developer and project manager this is really impressive stuff.

Edit: Tane

I can't pay my tax from the mobile 8 (

DigitalPenny fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Agony Aunt posted:

The only alternate reality i can think of is that Clive gave his son a 50 million present to invest as he wanted. He blew 4 million on hookers and coke and while on that bender therew 46 million at CIG.

Now he's trying to explain to daddy where his money went.

That’s not outside the realm. A billionaire investing in a celebrity-packed game because his son has film industry ambitions is a plausible motive. If that were a deciding factor, then Chris would have good cause to worry about pissing Calder off.

There’s so much we can’t really know yet, but I do think there’s a very real chance Calder got sold on a bogus pitch about how close they were to completion. I’ve watched that 2018 Squadron Holiday livestream a few times, and I’m struck by quite a lot of it still two years later. The overarching theme was “we’re getting close now”, and the centerpiece was that hour long vertical slice. There were no “we can’t show you things because SPOILERS” handwringing at the time. Instead, we got what we were told was a discreet mission somewhere past the halfway point of the game with craptons of super serious spoilers dialogue and assurances from Chris that they’d be finishing up the rest by the end of next year (2019). We got tours of their major offices, we got (once again) introductions to their leadership team, with each of them expressing confidence in Squadron. We got Chambers letting us know that the cinematics teams at Frankfurt were exclusively a Squadron resource. We got told to sign up for the Squadron newsletter to get exclusive sneak peaks. We got told we’d get monthly video updates as the game was brought to completion. We got a Squadron Roadmap with a 2020 Beta. And on and on.

Pretty much everything they claimed or committed to in that video has fallen apart. The project leader switched from Erin to Chambers. Squadron’s creative director switched from Meller to Elms. The Roadmap was declared confusing and impossible to update because “game dev is hard” + “spoilers”. If the video was made more as pitch to Big Money than update to backers (and it sure seems like it was), then the Big Money got played big time. They paid quite a premium for their ten percent stake in the unproven studio with a history of disastrous self-owns and missed targets that hasn’t ever released a finished product:

Venturebeat posted:

The CEO of Cloud Imperium Games and Roberts Space Industries, Roberts said in an interview with GamesBeat that the funding for Cloud Imperium Group comes from Clive Calder (his “family office”) and Keith Calder’s Snoot Entertainment, who are well-known figures in the United Kingdom music business. Under the deal, the investors will own 10 percent of Cloud Imperium, and Roberts will still retain control of the company and hold 75 percent ownership. The post-money valuation of the company is $496 million. Not many game companies ever get to this kind of valuation, especially those that haven’t yet released a game.

We don’t know whether or to what extent that matters.

My favorite quotes from that VentureBeat story are these:

quote:

During their first meeting, Roberts said that Clive Calder talked about how he wished that Zomba had ways to bypass the media gatekeepers in the same way that Roberts had done through crowdfunding. That wasn’t possible 15 years ago, but Roberts said that Clive Calder’s views indicated he would be sympathetic to the need to focus on long-term development and patience. Roberts said the investment helps secure his company’s independence.

So that’s at least what Chris was telling himself back then. Calder gave no comment to Venturebeat, and has rarely ever given comment on anything, so we’ve no clue how much latitude he might grant Chris in the event Chris failed to hit targets. Which he obviously has.

quote:

As for the valuation of the company, Roberts said, “We actually did a valuation, an investment bank valuation process. I’m pretty proud that we’ve built a company to this point that’s worth almost half a billion dollars. But I think that if it all works, if Squadron comes out and is big, and then Star Citizen turns into this online universe that people just go to — I’m not going to say it’s World of Warcraft-sized, but it has the potential to be that kind of destination. If it does that, you’re talking about a much bigger number than we’re talking about here.”

What if it doesn’t all work? Who knows. But we do know at least a little bit about Calder:

Forbes posted:

Calder bought out his partner in 1991 after the two had a falling out, says Simon, who now runs YourMobile Group, a wireless entertainment company. Calder “has a ruthlessness that knows no boundaries,” Simon says. Calder declined to talk for this story.

The Lion Sleeps Tonight posted:

...Calder himself is a notorious Howard Hughes like figure rumored to be riddled with germ phobias and mysterious allergies and totally invisible to the media.

That’s the billionaire Chris sweet-talked out of $46 million. A ruthless germaphobe bunkered up in the Caymans who never talks to the press or even allows himself to be photographed. Chris is already certain to blame Coronavirus for development delays that have nothing whatsoever to do with it. So he’s got twice as many reasons to lean heavily on that crutch since germs are allegedly Calder’s kryptonite. (Chris is so shameless he absolutely would do this and hope for the best.)

Anyway... maybe Calder’s just a big teddy bear, Chris has free reign and access to future capital on friendly terms and none of this Father/Son theorycrafting, the bullishly bogus 2018 sales pitch, the continuing delays and the outbreak of a pandemic matters at all. It really might not. Chris certainly has a knack for catching lucky breaks and buying more time. It does seem like despite the delays Squadron is being pushed forward towards some kind of release. There’s rumors in a certain backwater that despite the chaos it’s still coming out in a year or so and it’s going to be a fantastic crapfest. So hope springs eternal for the glories we’ve been so long denied.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 16, 2020

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Dementropy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?-_WhgXtY4qE

I can't wait to see spacepeople glitching during rock climbing escapades.

Again, a dying shopping mall aesthetic. Going to enjoy an Auntie Vanduul’s Pretzel while I wait for my turn on the rock wall.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

colonelwest posted:

The 46 million dollar question is what did the Calders expected to get out of this investment? Was it all just a tax write-off that they don’t give a poo poo about? (46 million is walking around money to them)Do they count pledges as “profit” and take a piece of the action? Do they expect to cash in on some sort of amazing hit when SQ42 releases on multiple platforms and sells 12 million copies? Are they just hedging on this whole project falling apart and then taking over CIG to either repurpose it or sell it off?

Everything we’ve seen so far could be explained simply by Chris, Erin and Sandi seeing the handwriting on the wall and one by one heading for the exits Lord British style. Even for Chris and Erin this must be getting old. There’s no real smoking gun that the Calders are taking control behind the scenes, but it’s certainly just as plausible.

Star Citizen is always an enigma though, because it has defied all of the rules and general trajectory of the hundreds of failed crowdfunded projects that have come before and since. By now any other project so horribly mismanaged would have long since exhausted it’s funding and have gone into a very obvious contraction, as the entire community turned on it. But with Star Citizen, after 8 years of lies and incompetence, their are still broken brain idiots pouring millions of dollars on a very obvious dumpster fire. As long as that continues, there is no incentive for whoever is in charge to completely wind things down. I can honestly envision a scenario in which 10 years from now they’re still pulling in low seven figures a year while a skeleton crew of devs pumps out new art assets every quarter.

VC money people just throw money at everything, 9 out of 10 times it's just a wash, and you have given 500 million dollars to Juicero. But occasionally you get a golden goose and invest in something that makes it big.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sandweed posted:

VC money people just throw money at everything, 9 out of 10 times it's just a wash, and you have given 500 million dollars to Juicero. But occasionally you get a golden goose and invest in something that makes it big.

That's the story they are happy to hear spoken around. In reality they are quite careful about their money in those 9 out of 10 cases.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Chris, where the gently caress is Sataball?

Lying, scummy thumbearman.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

G0RF posted:

(...)
The post-money valuation of the company is $496 million. Not many game companies ever get to this kind of valuation, especially those that haven’t yet released a game.
(...)

Frontier Developments: current company market cap is 435 mil. GBP (539 mil. USD), based on its publicly traded stocks.

9 years ago FDev was making Kinectimals and ZOO Tycoon for MS with basically zero company value.

Sanya Juutilainen fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 16, 2020

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dementropy posted:

:reddit::
they seem to be not putting out a roadmap to stop spoilers and the troll squad from making poo poo up again....

cant troll or fud if you have nothing and you look really stupid when your troll/fud fails.

I am sure many items are still there. we keep getting items from the backlog... but people try and complain that they are new items...

of course they are going to change the roadmap. every company I have ever worked at has changed their plans... some daily. things happen, some for the good, some for the bad. making that the lynch pin of an argument is not a good argument. especially when someone is making something new....

company who makes new xray scanners rushes xray scanners.... bad things happen.... who could have predicted this....

Once again CIG - a company with millions of customers and hundreds of millions of dollars invested - finds its actions being dictated by like 30 guys on a forum making fun of them

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Once again CIG - a company with millions of customers and hundreds of millions of dollars invested - finds its actions being dictated by like 30 guys on a forum making fun of them

I’m a pan-continental influence octopus that hides away from celebrity, wielding my considerable power amongst rotarians and some fellas in aprons <taps nose>.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Frontier Developments: current company market cap is 435 mil. GBP (539 mil. USD), based on its publicly traded stocks.

9 years ago FDev was making Kinectimals and ZOO Tycoon for MS with basically zero company value.

Well yeah, but they cheated by releasing like six or so games in that 9 years...

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Dementropy posted:

:reddit::
they seem to be not putting out a roadmap to stop spoilers and the troll squad from making poo poo up again....

cant troll or fud if you have nothing and you look really stupid when your troll/fud fails.

I am sure many items are still there. we keep getting items from the backlog... but people try and complain that they are new items...

of course they are going to change the roadmap. every company I have ever worked at has changed their plans... some daily. things happen, some for the good, some for the bad. making that the lynch pin of an argument is not a good argument. especially when someone is making something new....

company who makes new xray scanners rushes xray scanners.... bad things happen.... who could have predicted this....

Please CIG really stick it to the haters and stop releasing any roadmaps or dev videos at all. Then we’d all have to give up and admit that Star Citizen is good.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beet Wagon posted:

Its quite astounding the power we have over CIG!

If only we could use this power to get CIG to make an actual game!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I found a video that I feel kind of illustrates more clearly for me what Chris and the remaining whales want the game to be. It's an in-game face capture "Vlog" with some kind of awful improv story about spacemen doing space things. You don't have to watch it except out of idle curiosity, but it cleared up some stuff for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tygpWCAals0

Thoughts:
* First of all nice work to the Citizen on the camera and video editing. I find in-game face capture vids extremely uncompelling and lazy usually but he went out of his way and took a lot of time to give it a bit of a lived-in feel. Can't imagine how many retakes it took.

* I'd been wondering for a long time who the face capture thing was for. Since nobody plays standing face-to-face and a foot apart, and the HUD video phone stuff literally never ever works, it was apparent to me that nobody just playing Star Citizen as a video game was going to see this feature. Well, here's an answer- it is useful for in-game movie making, isn't it!

* It also explains for me a number of other incongruities- namely, there's this overemphasis on visual realism, but only for certain things. The closer you get to a cockpit, the more intense it becomes. Once you land on a planet or walk into the set-dressing (critical phrase) of a big building or side alley, poo poo becomes far more apparently just slap-dash and copy pasted. A lot of places in the game- stations, landing zones, big ships- feel less like gameplay locations and more like film sets.

* And of course there's the spaceships, the endless spaceships full of cool locations to film but not to actually play in.

* Add it all together. Chris isn't building a dream video game and never was, we already knew that. He's building an interactive movie maker. It's so obvious now! This is why the emphasis is on assets and background rendering performance and sets, sets, sets, and never on any real gameplay. In Chris's mind, game and movie have become intertwined, and the purpose of the game, for his players, should be to make movies. Do exactly what Vlog Spaceman did above and film yourself having a grand make believe space adventure. Everything in the game supports this, even the weird nonsensical poo poo. It's all sets and props for movie making.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Well yeah, but they cheated by releasing like six or so games in that 9 years...

Typical of your publisher back company, all they are thinking about is self financing their own project and then releasing it to the consumer to see if the gamble paid off .... Despicable.

I for one believe that Chris Roberts, our saviour, has shown them up to be the low life's that they are by proving that if you can get gamers to believe in you and pay money before you even know what you are planning to do, you can't fail as you now have a $4.7 million dollar house and your (not wife/yes, she is my wife) gets to pretend that she is a actresses.

gently caress publishers, they have it backwards by spending thier money to make something then selling it to try to make a profit if they deserve it.

Chris Roberts should be given other people's money to play director with and even before releasing a finished product, should be able to enrich him self and others around him.

Chris Roberts is saving PC gaming, you don't expect him to do it for free do you?

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Hav posted:

Horseshit. If they were ever practicing ‘linear development’, they’d probably be further along, but they’ve delighted in throwing new technical debt onto that ‘roadmap’ since the start.

It’s a visualization tool that’s backed them into a corner. Note he foreshadows the improbable with ‘progress would seem to be non-existent’, leading into ‘suddenly completed’.

This is messaging for the Calders.

Even after they present the project in the most obfuscating least transparent way, that maximises wiggle room they still need a "reset

Then these piss poor excuses just after having two months of planning they can summarise the current plan as dosent make sense, not where we want to be. Any Redditor could have told us this.

You just can't be sane and believe these grifters are close to producing anything soon.

DigitalPenny fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Mar 16, 2020

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I fired up Metro Exodus having bought it a month ago, and finally got into it. The homage it pays to Half Life is uncanny, though I am getting slightly uncomfortable during scenes where the devs take over the camera. Probably due to too much VR exposure at this point, so taking over a players FIRST PERSON camera should be and forever be OFF LIMITS. I'm running this on a 2080ti with all the RTX bells and whistles on and god, does it look gorgeous. This is a year old game at this point and its looking so much better than what Star Citizen has to offer.

Star Citizen with all its "eye correctness" and First Person "Correctness" isn't going to cut it. Next gen is going to blow it out of the water. Nobody cares if its "correct", as long as it looks good and plays well and has a decent game loop, ship it and move on. But Star Citizen has none of these things in the bag.

By this time next year, if I'm hearing my gamedev friends around here correct, games are going to look way better than whatever Star Citizen is going to be will ever be.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Squadron 42 has one major task to finish and then it's all smooth sailing after that.

It's a spoiler though so it won't appear on the map.

Luckily, you need to have platinum to read this provides an exclusive leak as to what the task is filed under in the internal task list.

It's labeled "Cafeteria scene pass #1057". And the somewhat buffing description is "Thumb changed his mind again".
The task seems to have started back in early 2014 so it has to be close to finish. It just *has* to.

Well there you go. Just one hurdle to overcome and then it's beta baby.

Stay tuned for our next exclusive as we visit the CIG premises in Holywood and being told to help out unclogging some toilet pipes. Apparently development is hard and includes chores you've never thought it would.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

"what is cafeteria anyway?"

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
every time I see the face capture stuff I'm surprised all over again at just how terrible it looks.

it's so unconvincing and kinda creepy. like a rubber masked robot awkwardly trying to lipsync pre-recorded dialogue.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

I found a video that I feel kind of illustrates more clearly for me what Chris and the remaining whales want the game to be. It's an in-game face capture "Vlog" with some kind of awful improv story about spacemen doing space things. You don't have to watch it except out of idle curiosity, but it cleared up some stuff for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tygpWCAals0

Thoughts:
* First of all nice work to the Citizen on the camera and video editing. I find in-game face capture vids extremely uncompelling and lazy usually but he went out of his way and took a lot of time to give it a bit of a lived-in feel. Can't imagine how many retakes it took.

* I'd been wondering for a long time who the face capture thing was for. Since nobody plays standing face-to-face and a foot apart, and the HUD video phone stuff literally never ever works, it was apparent to me that nobody just playing Star Citizen as a video game was going to see this feature. Well, here's an answer- it is useful for in-game movie making, isn't it!

* It also explains for me a number of other incongruities- namely, there's this overemphasis on visual realism, but only for certain things. The closer you get to a cockpit, the more intense it becomes. Once you land on a planet or walk into the set-dressing (critical phrase) of a big building or side alley, poo poo becomes far more apparently just slap-dash and copy pasted. A lot of places in the game- stations, landing zones, big ships- feel less like gameplay locations and more like film sets.

* And of course there's the spaceships, the endless spaceships full of cool locations to film but not to actually play in.

* Add it all together. Chris isn't building a dream video game and never was, we already knew that. He's building an interactive movie maker. It's so obvious now! This is why the emphasis is on assets and background rendering performance and sets, sets, sets, and never on any real gameplay. In Chris's mind, game and movie have become intertwined, and the purpose of the game, for his players, should be to make movies. Do exactly what Vlog Spaceman did above and film yourself having a grand make believe space adventure. Everything in the game supports this, even the weird nonsensical poo poo. It's all sets and props for movie making.

Wouldn´t that be just a way to facilitate shitizens giving the game free promotion with all their streams, edited videos etc?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

that makes sense, but from my pov not because chris is a mastermind of marketing (ships are designed like sets so Citizens make videos and spread His word further resulting in more money) but because he's so bad at making games he doesn't know it has a different goal

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

MedicineHut posted:

Wouldn´t that be just a way to facilitate shitizens giving the game free promotion with all their streams, edited videos etc?

For an ordinary game yes, but Star Citizen is (I have come to realize) entirely built around the concept of the promotional video and that is what makes it unique. It's not that the features for doing machinima are just there, it's that they're the only functioning part of the game.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Fidelity

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
Did the recap thread get totally axed or is there a new version somewhere? Figure with all this work from home time I could get caught up but I'm like 6 months behind on SC news and this thread is insurmountable.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Some of the best body horror I've ever seen in a video game.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ACK ACK!

ACK ACK ACKACKACKACK!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dementropy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?-_WhgXtY4qE

I can't wait to see spacepeople glitching during rock climbing escapades.

Every time I see this all I can see is

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Sandi looking good

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Sarsapariller posted:

Chris isn't building a dream video game and never was, we already knew that. He's building an interactive movie maker. This is why the emphasis is on assets and background rendering performance and sets, sets, sets, and never on any real gameplay. In Chris's mind, game and movie have become intertwined, and the purpose of the game, for his players, should be to make movies. It's so obvious now! Film yourself having a grand make believe space adventure. Everything in the game supports this, even the weird nonsensical poo poo. It's all sets and props for movie making.

lol wow

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwRs5E4aDmA

:grin:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

lol, he is actually serious about most of those.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Sarsapariller posted:

Everything in the game supports this, even the weird nonsensical poo poo. It's all sets and props for movie making.

Love how even in SQ42 the devs are trying to wrestle gameplay control back from the cinematics...

quote:

Chris has been vocal in the past about almost presenting the cinematic and story elements in the game as a director cut kind of thing, but we’ve always said, y’know, we’re going to allow the player to wiggle out of that and experience it the way they want to.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Star Citizen: changing their plan daily

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

1. Actually valid point, having a customizable ship UI is pretty cool and is praiseworthy

2. Lmao the flight model is dogshit and I would imagine people don't even drive cars if they are willing to speak positively to the FM. The engines make no sense for a game steeped in "FIDELITY"

3. While Star Citizen's visuals may not be as dated as what some other people have to say about it, its very much stuck in 2012-2014 pretty rather than anything matching current gen tech.

4. There is nothing special about Quantum Jumps and if that pile of boring poo poo is going to be rated than gently caress off because Homeworld did space jumps in the best way possible.

5. Ironic that Seamless Transitions come right after the giant loading screen that is Quantum Jumps...

6. I can only imagine this one is a joke, especially considering the recent Roadmap debacles. (Large number of videos =! Large amount of content/information)

7. Every single one of CIG's streams has been a technical failure and one must be blind to ignore it.

8. Nothing about being an "Indie" dev makes you better than anyone else. The final product speaks for itself.

9. Ambition means nothing if it takes 10 years to deliver a working product that is being overshadowed by past, present, and future titles.

10. I struggle to see how Star Citizen has a better sense of scale as compared Far Cry 2, No Man's Sky, Il-2 Sturmovik, Metal Gear Solid 5, any of the Halo games, any of the Silent Hunter games... the list goes on. Scale is much more than "You can travel to several different planets. One cityscape can just as easily be criticized as looking like the next, it is more important to reflect on what you do within that scale that truly brings out how small, or large you are.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

DigitalPenny posted:

You just can't be sane and believe these grifters are close to producing anything soon.

The perfect excuse just dropped into their laps for a delay + making a case for more money. Assuming their cube farms don't take everyone out.

Kosumo posted:

"what is cafeteria anyway?"

It'll be a room you pass behind some windows, with a bunch of mobs going through the motions of having fun. It will be an unintended metaphor.

Johnny would have a plan. And possibly a Katana.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

5. Ironic that Seamless Transitions come right after the giant loading screen that is Quantum Jumps...

You can actually go interstellar in Elite - there's a couple of stars close enough to manage it without the big FSD jump...
it only doesn't work as FDev didn't put in spawning the new system as they didn't think anyone would be mad enough to do the 36hour flight to get there !

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Renfield posted:

You can actually go interstellar in Elite - there's a couple of stars close enough to manage it without the big FSD jump...
it only doesn't work as FDev didn't put in spawning the new system as they didn't think anyone would be mad enough to do the 36hour flight to get there !

Within the bubble and elsewhere there are systems that are well under 1LY apart.

I tried doing this out in the Eagle Nebula, took me a couple of hours.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MedicineHut posted:

lol, he is actually serious about most of those.

Yamiks is pretty tongue in cheek about most things.

Here's his ED one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1HO4ZHijAA

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

4. There is nothing special about Quantum Jumps and if that pile of boring poo poo is going to be rated than gently caress off because Homeworld did space jumps in the best way possible.

What do mean with Homeworld jumps? Weren't they just a way to end the mission and load the next? Or was there something else that I've forgotten?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

lobsterminator posted:

What do mean with Homeworld jumps? Weren't they just a way to end the mission and load the next? Or was there something else that I've forgotten?

That's the thing though, the mission entrance/exit is way more meaningful and cool if its going to follow/precede a loading screen. All you get to see in the Quantum Jump is blue lines like a cheap Dr. Who knockoff.