Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So my office's line is currently "we're following government recommendations, and are therefore doing nothing".

We can choose to WFH if we're set up for it and think we have symptoms. I can't see them going any further until there's a wider shutdown though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

stev posted:

So my office's line is currently "we're following government recommendations, and are therefore doing nothing".

We can choose to WFH if we're set up for it and think we have symptoms. I can't see them going any further until there's a wider shutdown though.

Been told by my manager that "we calculate that the risk of transmission between employees is no lower than a trip on public transport" so the office remains open and we cannot WFH unless we display symptoms.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Have a very photogenic bluetit doing the 'guardian op-ed journo' pose:

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

If anyone is stuck trying to get toilet paper or knows vulnerable folk who are, you can order it online from Staples and they have it in stock (or did last night)
Real toilet paper or the stuff you get in work environments (aka sandpaper?)

an angry penguin
Oct 12, 2007

So much for my elderly relatives taking this seriously - my aunt was telling me all the things she and my uncle are going to over the next week, including possibly bingo at the weekend. They also went to the supermarkets this morning - multiples ones, since so many shelves are empty.

I have a food shop being delivered tomorrow, I wonder how much of it'll I'll actually get? Good thing I've got my little Brexit stockpile. Man, these past few years really have been poo poo.

WhatEvil posted:

Hello Lurker!

I advise checking your local area facebook groups. Have seen on mine (well, my old one from when I used to live in the UK) that there are at least 3 or 4 people saying "If anybody is in need of anything because of Coronavirus - shopping, help or just a chat, let me know". If you get really stuck there will likely be some local people happy to help.

Thanks (and hello!) :) I'm in a couple of local fb groups for hobbies, but I'll have a browse and see what else there is. I also remembered Nextdoor is a thing that exists, so I'm going to keep an eye on there too.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

knox_harrington posted:

Ultimate nightmare

Aye, really needed that right now pal cheers

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday
All corporate compulsory"fun" events have been cancelled where I work for fear of disease transmission in an email that we all read from our crowded open plan office.

I'm simultaneously overjoyed and angry haha.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Deketh posted:

Oh snap me too. Could be a few people doing that since the weather has been so poo poo for so long

time for gooncamp 2020 :gooncamp:

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

ThomasPaine posted:

Aye, really needed that right now pal cheers

im sure it could be very pleasurable for those interested in breathplay...

Juliet Bravo

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

StarkingBarfish posted:

Have a very photogenic bluetit doing the 'guardian op-ed journo' pose:

https://twitter.com/ProBirdRights/status/1237181649135095808

(nice birb)

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

hemale in pain posted:

come on, things aren’t THAT bad

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
:waycool:

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1239557372877721615?s=19

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

hemale in pain posted:

I'd genuinely suggest a goon wildcamp if it weren't for the virus. As long it's nothing like the pictures I've seen :o In the future perhaps!

Deketh fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 16, 2020

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Made me sadchuckle

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Wachter posted:

Made me sadchuckle

see also Impact Wrestling’s “Lockdown” PPV

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

lmao

https://twitter.com/anbara_salam/status/1239489588353216512?s=19

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Deketh posted:

I'd genuinely suggest a goon wildcamp if it weren't for the virus. As long it's nothing like the pictures I've seen :o In the future perhaps!

yeah, it wouldn't be terrible but would have to keep it relatively small as we wouldn't want to be disturbing nature and making a mess.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
But did she get to go to the sauna?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

if this is real then there's no way the fire escape was unmarked

e: just read the rest. why do people feel the need to make up fantasy stories about themselves??

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

hemale in pain posted:

e: just read the rest. why do people feel the need to make up fantasy stories about themselves??

Because we're fantastically banal and lust for something more than the tedious grind of late capitalism

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I should cancel my gym membership. This is going to last a while.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Just came back from Muswell Hill, which appears to have suffered from a locust swarm localised within 90% of the shops. Main thing I went for was tissues for my GF so she doesn't annihilate the bog roll we have left, and that took 6 shops to find some left in a pharmacy.
And like normal it's just infested with old dears going about their normal business like nothing's wrong, with an added tension directed at anyone wearing a mask.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

hemale in pain posted:

Maybe she knew the German word "ausgang" but was led astray by the confusingly named "notausgang".

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Perhaps it was just an internal stairwell.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

sassassin posted:

I should cancel my gym membership. This is going to last a while.

i froze mine so its only £5 a month which is reasonable and saves me from having to dig around for a free joining code

Guavanaut posted:

Perhaps it was just an internal stairwell.

lets face it. she opened a wrong door had 5 seconds of embarrasment, probably with a towel which covered all her nudey bits, and then made up some long insane elaborate scenario for the internet

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/BenJolly9/status/1239451500432232449

Government policy.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Universal Basic Income?

Machine learning to merge tech, health, communications and job creation?

K̷̢̢͇̘͕̲̺̖̊́̋̿͛͋͡͝Ȋ̙̪̦̫̰̔̽̀̋̀̚͘̕L̷̲̱͚̞̗͊͑̓̓̋̄͂͂̕̚Ĺ̢̠̤͎̝͐̒͑͌͘͜͢ T̸̠͉̪̖̱̣̉̓̊̂̋́͛̍̍͢͝Ḥ͈̘̳͓̪̝̐͆̿͆̓̀̔́͜͢͝E̡̠̬͖̜̍̆͐́̈̏̍͢͞͝M̵̢̳̦̙̤͊͒̄͐̆̆ͅ A̢̛̛͍͖̲̗̠͓͛͆͐͆̓̚͜Ḻ̵̯͚̯̰̙̭́̉͗̒͐̊̓̕͠L̵̡̛̫͈͉̺̣͍̜̓͋́͊͆͐͡

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
An email from letting agents suggesting tenants should inform them if they are self isolating so that they can provide assistance or something. Pretty suspect about that.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Dumb question but should I be disinfecting post before opening it?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ThomasPaine posted:

I can't really think of any way of disinfecting paper without loving it up, unless you've got a gamma-ray source easily to hand. If you're genuinely worried (i.e. you are, or are caring for, someone in a very high-risk group - and if you've got a gamma ray source just lying around your house you probably are in a high risk group) just wash your hands after handling it or wear gloves.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Germicidal lamp?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ThomasPaine posted:

I think the virus has a half life of about 1hr on paper/cardboard/other fibrous textiles. So if your postie isn't using gloves just grab the mail with gloves and leave it in a place with some sunlight exposure and look at it tomorrow.

That's super cautious behavior ofc, you could just open it with gloves on as well

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

ThomasPaine posted:

I had this big box of noodles and rice and stuff arrive and I wiped down the box with a anti bacterial wipe, and then washed all the individual plastic packages in the sink. Probably over the top but gently caress it, gota treat the frontdoor like an airlock.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Omae wa mou shindeiru

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
The reality is that most of us have probably already been in contact with someone or something/some surface that has corona, so exactly how long will this poo poo last?

I'm running out of soap, hand wash and hand-gel

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ash Crimson posted:

The reality is that most of us have probably already been in contact with someone or something/some surface that has corona, so exactly how long will this poo poo last?

I'm running out of soap, hand wash and hand-gel

You should probably buy some more

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
help i cant stop

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

You should probably buy some more

Don't know if you know this, but there's a sudden, unforseen shortage of said items

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon
So the whole of the EU just closed to all but essential travel:

https://twitter.com/vonderleyen/status/1239568170152857607