Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

insane though this may sound for a twenty point poll this is actually really encouraging the super tuesday era arizona poll was like thirty points which suggests that bidenmentum may be slowing down even if last tuesday didnt much make it feel that way

I hope so but I'll believe it when I see it. Like a week ago one poll had Bernie only just behind Biden in Missouri and got everyone excited for a minute that the tide was turning but lol nope it was a rout there for Bernie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

really queer Christmas posted:

It's worth noting that this isnt decided by the DNC but by states themselves since primaries are run by the state and not the parties like caucuses. So Arizona and florida do not have some inherent loyalty to the DNC, it's just republicans acting like everything's fine.

i imagine the opportunity to shut down more polling places murder democrats and help them nominate a senile old man as their presidential candidate has probably factored into this decision somewhat

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I think he would expect it from Trump, but he doesn't realize Biden is also a pathological liar.

It's amazing that Bernie somehow doesn't realize that Joe will say literally anything and then act in underhanded ways to make Bernie look bad

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

We really needed Bernie's online surrogates to possess his body and start being assholes directly to Biden with questions like "who built the cages motherfucker"

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Bernie's depressing years alone in the senate has led him to believe the absolute worst people in the entire world are his friends

the man is the embodiment of "good dude with a toxic friend group"

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Fleetwood posted:

It's amazing that Bernie somehow doesn't realize that Joe will say literally anything and then act in underhanded ways to make Bernie look bad

But joe is his friend :saddowns:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

in all fairness up until just now biden hadnt had any opportunities to do it to bernies face like that before super tuesday the clown car was soaking up too much attention for anyone to notice biden and his campaign strategy ever since south carolina has literally been to hide biden where no one can see him

like personally i was surprised to see biden lie like that too we were expected a senile old man at best and a hilary style equivocator at worst not a dude who straight up makes poo poo up about his own record and grins in sadistic glee when bernie references campaign ads directed against him

the real mystery at this point is whether anybody noticed that biden was being a trumplike rear end in a top hat except for weirdos like us the deafening silence of debate reactions this morning is making me think that whatever the focus groups said about bidens performance must not have been good

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Some Guy TT posted:

in all fairness up until just now biden hadnt had any opportunities to do it to bernies face like that before super tuesday the clown car was soaking up too much attention for anyone to notice biden and his campaign strategy ever since south carolina has literally been to hide biden where no one can see him

like personally i was surprised to see biden lie like that too we were expected a senile old man at best and a hilary style equivocator at worst not a dude who straight up makes poo poo up about his own record and grins in sadistic glee when bernie references campaign ads directed against him

the real mystery at this point is whether anybody noticed that biden was being a trumplike rear end in a top hat except for weirdos like us the deafening silence of debate reactions this morning is making me think that whatever the focus groups said about bidens performance must not have been good

Is it really lying, if you don't remember the truth?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

on the other hand trading stopped on the nyse one tick after open

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

really queer Christmas posted:

It's worth noting that this isnt decided by the DNC but by states themselves since primaries are run by the state and not the parties like caucuses. So Arizona and florida do not have some inherent loyalty to the DNC, it's just republicans acting like everything's fine.

Also, being penny pinchers.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

these ghostbuster casts just keep getting worse

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Bernie or Vest

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

real clear politics did have one article that clearly referenced the debate but it was all about the coronavirus and not the interesting parts it also had this reaction from the trump campaign

Kayleigh McEnany posted:

As President Trump leads our country and takes unprecedented action in stopping the coronavirus, it is now clearer than ever that no leaders exist on the Democrat debate stage. Unable to articulate a coronavirus plan, both Bernie and Biden offered little more than plagiarizing President Trump’s response, which will now be the model for all future pandemics.

amusingly enough completely accurate in regards to biden as far as i can tell because his plan was literally to just wait for the crisis to happen and then summon a bunch of experts to tell him what to do he was so proud of this plan he even repeated it during the closing statement apparently oblivious to the fact that this was indeed literally just the trump plan thats been loving everything up

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Tiberius Christ posted:

Bernie or Vest

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

celebrity culture, great man history and superhero movies are propaganda for oligarchy

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Tiberius Christ posted:

Bernie or Vest

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

so unknowledgable about the poc women they're constantly simping for they dont' even know that michelle obama hated living in dc

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Brother Entropy posted:

so unknowledgable about the poc women they're constantly simping for they dont' even know that michelle obama hated living in dc

its the "name another woc" to the "read another book"

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Iron Twinkie posted:

It really is quite something that the DNC is so dedicated to stopping Bernie that they are willing to infect enough of Biden's base with the Corona virus that by November they could lose just by casualty rates alone.

Maybe they think there's a lot of cross-over Biden support and this is actually a dastardly plot to infect Trump's base? :tinfoil:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Brother Entropy posted:

ask them to name another black woman that isnt a republican

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i would vote for trump to stop this from happening

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
For whatever reason, my google news feed just pointed me to a story about how PSA bro Tommy Vietor has just bought a 3 million dollar home.

And then, of course, there's all the comments that Anita Dunn is making about the debate.

That is a great illustration of how the succ works.

The PSA bros have remained "neutral" in the primary and are quick to go vote blue no matter who.

Ronan Farrow, Lovett's partner, almost had his career destroyed because he dared write about Weinstein and the series of rapes he did. Anita Dunn, now Biden's senior advisor and media surrogate, worked for Weinstein pro bono in an attempt to quash the rape allegations and discredit his accusers. So your friend/partner was on one side of trying to stop a serial rapist, and people in the Biden campaign were on the other, and it never comes up. Because for them being a political operative is like being a professional athlete. you give it your all for your team, but in the end you and the other team's players meet for drinks.

And that is how you go from intern to speech writer to being able to afford a 3 million dollar home.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

This is a chunk of it but it’s more than that.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Can't wait until Bernie gets blamed for boomers dying because he didn't drop out.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Can't wait until Bernie gets blamed for boomers dying because he didn't drop out.

truly Saint Bernard

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
So I tried seeing what the coverage of boomer plague was like on MSNBC, to get some feel for how the old primary electorate must feel and I gotta say from what I saw it seems like a panic. Anybody got some first-hand insights into how the 65+ cohort is actually thinking about Covid-19?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pingui posted:

So I tried seeing what the coverage of boomer plague was like on MSNBC, to get some feel for how the old primary electorate must feel and I gotta say from what I saw it seems like a panic. Anybody got some first-hand insights into how the 65+ cohort is actually thinking about Covid-19?

Well if the two older managers who were chatting in the break room are any indication, "oh we went out to eat this weekend and no one was there, it was great".

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Pingui posted:

from talking with my parents yesterday, who are right at the 65 age range:

-similar to the flu
-mom works at a bowling alley, says she has to continue working and she has no choice (told her she absolutely has a choice and that I'd front her $10k to help with the decision)
-my dad said "people are going to die and that's life"
-dad says trump will make things better (???)
-"of course kate brown (gov of OR) would shut down schools"

so, in summary, boomers are dumb as gently caress

e: oh also my dad offered me one of his guns if I want one because guns in the house = automatic safety

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

My boomer parents have kinda accepted they might bite it but then again they both voted for bernie and embrace hellworld

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

docbeard posted:

Well if the two older managers who were chatting in the break room are any indication, "oh we went out to eat this weekend and no one was there, it was great".

So I would assume a high likelihood of being republicans and if no one was there, that should be a good sign, right?

I haven't been able to find cross tabs with both dems, demographics and Corona concerns combined, but it kinda seems like there is a big difference between dems and republicans olds, at least there is in their media.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Pingui posted:

mom's scared shitless and actually taking the whole thing seriously

dad's taking it seriously to the extent he's not trying to risk infection or infecting other people, but... well he'd probably fit right in with the radical nihilist kid at this point

neither are biden voters

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Louisgod posted:

from talking with my parents yesterday, who are right at the 65 age range:

-similar to the flu
-mom works at a bowling alley, says she has to continue working and she has no choice (told her she absolutely has a choice and that I'd front her $10k to help with the decision)
-my dad said "people are going to die and that's life"
-dad says trump will make things better (???)
-"of course kate brown (gov of OR) would shut down schools"

so, in summary, boomers are dumb as gently caress

e: oh also my dad offered me one of his guns if I want one because guns in the house = automatic safety

Democrats or republicans?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Louisgod posted:

To clarify, DO NOT shoot weapons @ Corona. You won't make it turn around & it will have very dangerous side effects

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Boomers don't take COVID seriously. My aunt offered to take me out to eat yesterday. I was like "are you trying to me? kill yourself?"

temple
Jul 29, 2006

As an xennial, really sorry all you guys are now realizing that boomers suck and not an abstract historical way.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

smarxist posted:

*millennials just cackling laughter on the ground like after Batman punches the jokers lights out in the interview room*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff9vcmPrhRU&t=14s

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

who the gently caress didnt already know boomers suck rear end?

show them to me

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

temple posted:

Boomers don't take COVID seriously. My aunt offered to take me out to eat yesterday. I was like "are you trying to me? kill yourself?"

We keep saying that, but is there a divide between republicans and democrats? - their media is certainly talking about it extremely differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

0 rows returned posted:

who the gently caress didnt already know boomers suck rear end?

show them to me

Anyone would thought Biden was a joke.