Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

i mean, i dont really like to laugh at others misfortune, but lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Rutibex posted:

you can also be mad at china for not giving a poo poo about food safety and hygienic conditions in its markets

So you're saying sycophants and yes men coupled with no regulations led to chaos and death? Good thing America isn't making the exact same mistake...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Hi this is [insert store name] telling you about COVID-19

[email body talkign about how they are cleaning poo poo at a higher rate, and that their employees will stay home]

[cdc information]

[be safe wash your hands limint contact note]

STOP loving SENDING THESE TO ME

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

tater_salad posted:

[email body talkign about how they are cleaning poo poo at a higher rate, and that their employees will stay home]

[cdc information]

i cannot be stopped

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
Meanwhile Spirit Airlines keeps sending out emails announcing “There’s no better time to fly!”

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

tater_salad posted:

[cdc information]

Ha ha you are subscribe to news letter you sucker! ( I am too :( )

Jadedfox89
Mar 11, 2020
Just found out my mom lost her job for the next 5 months or longer, I don't care if you think this is a hoax or whatever. This is hitting people hard and when it hits someone you care about I hope people don't tell you it is a hoax, or something along those lines.

Also, can we stop all this panic buying crap? Buy what you need, perhaps a little extra but remember you are not the only one going through this.

On the flip side the world is going to hell in a hand basket and part of me is laughing all the way there.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Working outpatient therapy I assumed some would cancel.

Nope, instead caseload increased by almost 30% with shorter appointments because the hospital wants to "get them in while we can."

Also they are not cancelling elective joint surgeries "for financial wellness of the system".

:rolleyes:

(North chicago suburbs btw)

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Jadedfox89 posted:

Just found out my mom lost her job for the next 5 months or longer

Sorry, man, that's awful. If it's any consolation, her situation is going to be so common that as a society we're probably going to have to figure something out for people going through it. Best of luck.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Went to Target at 7 am, when it opens, and a long line was formed waiting to enter. Got my TP and paper towels though. Eat poo poo hoarders.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

cda posted:

Sorry, man, that's awful. If it's any consolation, her situation is going to be so common that as a society we're probably going to have to figure something out for people going through it. Best of luck.

Andrew Yang was right for the wrong reasons.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

fishing with the fam posted:

Eat poo poo hoarders.

Nooooooo that's how you get the Roni :ohdear:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

fishing with the fam posted:

Went to Target at 7 am, when it opens, and a long line was formed waiting to enter. Got my TP and paper towels though. Eat poo poo hoarders.

Well, now they have to, since you've taken their TP supply

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Nooooooo that's how you get the Roni :ohdear:

also standign in line for TP.
I really hope that TP gets back to normal like soon.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Found out today that my girlfriend who works admin side of things for a school system has to stay in the office while all the students are staying home and all the teachers and such can work from home. She still needs to take the train in and be available to talk with people. Also means that if the school gets a positive case, I think, not only will she get put into quarantine but I will as well! I'm already having to self isolate and work remote, I do not want to get stuck inside 100% for two weeks or whatever if that happens.

Also, do any German Goons have a favorite site for tracking closures and such? I hear all sorts for Bavaria, but never anything for Hessen.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I forgot to check the toilet paper shelves when I went grocery shopping earlier but flour and rice was totally cleared out.
Everything else was fully stocked though. I bought some extra snacks to enjoy during the apocalypse.

It felt gross having to open various freezer doors and punch in my card pin code at the end, lots of people are definitely getting infected while shopping I think.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

My daughter is an elementary-school social worker in a for-profit agency that contracts with local schools. The schools are closed. They're trying to figure out how to keep up with their clients. One proposal is for the social workers to go to visit children and take them out for walks in parks and such. This, my daughter feels, is unethical because house-to-house contagion. The other is to do therapy by telephone, but as she says, at this age they don't have enough abstract thinking for this to work. When they're in the school together, she usually does play therapy in various forms and watches what the kids do rather than how they describe their emotions.

Nobody has any idea how to deal with the breakdown of everyday life.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

tater_salad posted:

I really hope that TP gets back to normal like soon.

It's actually getting worse here in Australia, they're putting limits on how much people can buy but they're still selling out of a whole of things every day. My local supermarket had to hire extra security because shoppers are starting to get rowdy.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Important Joe's speech but it's TP instead

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

unpacked robinhood posted:

Important Joe's speech but it's TP instead

"That's bait" but it's just a single roll of TP

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

this is going to be a lovely frew weeks I just hope recovery helps out a shitton.

Also I'm suppose to be closing on a house in 3 weeks RIP.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

don't stop I'm close

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Jadedfox89 posted:

Just found out my mom lost her job for the next 5 months or longer

She's in education or what?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
tp from the tp farm

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I need onions and celery so I can make lentil soup today and I have a feeling I'm hosed

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Time Cowboy posted:

Meanwhile Spirit Airlines keeps sending out emails announcing “There’s no better time to fly!”

“There’s no better time to die!”

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Time Cowboy posted:

I don’t care if they give me free tickets, I’m not flying on loving Spirit again

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Louisgod posted:

I need onions and celery so I can make lentil soup today and I have a feeling I'm hosed

you might be okay.. celery is a trash veggie.. mostly bagged salads and poo poo were fukt

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don’t care if they give me free tickets, I’m not flying on loving Spirit again

My sister in law jumped on 3x round trip tickets from Hartford to Orlando departing this morning, returning next week. Total price $110 for all 3. My MIL has a place in Fort Pierce so they were going to visit for nine days or so.

I asked her what her plan was if domestic air travel is prohibited and she just kind of stared at me.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

tater_salad posted:

you might be okay.. celery is a trash veggie.. mostly bagged salads and poo poo were fukt

on the bright side, the future is saved

https://twitter.com/Stealth40k/status/1239553163402887168

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

FlamingLiberal posted:

:same:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I live in Broward, which is naturally the most hit place in Florida, and nothing outside looks any difference at all. I already prepped my computer for Remote Desktop access and will be emailing everyone in my workplace instructions for that too. I get the feeling we’ll be here until the bitter end, at least I have my own office and there’s only a few of us that work in the building with little foot traffic.

Also we don’t have health insurance, so that really needs to factor into it.

E: also Nintendo do the needful and release the animal crossing early

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Active case reported in Greenland.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6UfqI5ovQI

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sock The Great posted:

My sister in law jumped on 3x round trip tickets from Hartford to Orlando departing this morning, returning next week. Total price $110 for all 3. My MIL has a place in Fort Pierce so they were going to visit for nine days or so.

I asked her what her plan was if domestic air travel is prohibited and she just kind of stared at me.

:lol: two of the three interns here are out in Florida on spring break right now

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
I'm forced to come to work even though the majority of the city is working from home.

Its just a constant sound of coughing right now. Looks like i might get it!

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

You know what might help? A leader who reinforces the messages of the CDC and WHO instead of preaching to his base about fake news.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: two of the three interns here are out in Florida on spring break right now

I guess they could rent a car and drive back to Connecticut? It would be like Cormack McCarthy's The Road, but with a 13 and 11 year old girl in tow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Is it too early to start looting?