Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I can’t believe something Obama did six years ago tanked the market today, the first trading day after Trump autographed a line graph showing market gains on Friday.

Just unbelievable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol on further reading makers of generic ibuprofen are in a slapfight with others over guidance on ibuprofen use for COVID cases we're all gonna die of capitalism :rip:

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Woofer posted:

I can’t believe something Obama did six years ago tanked the market today, the first trading day after Trump autographed a line graph showing market gains on Friday.

Just unbelievable.

Wait til Trump bails out the Airlines!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/1239383795205169152?s=20

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

we are trapped in the belly of this horrible machine
and the machine is bleeding to death

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Lol gold is down 200 in a week. The rich truly are cashing out

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Obligatory reminder not to take acetaminophen with alcohol.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
All I can say is someone come get me when the looting starts and the wealthy are being drug from their homes to be hung from the streetlights. I wouldn't mind burning some banks to the ground with a bunch of rich people in the vaults to roast.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

All I can say is someone come get me when the looting starts and the wealthy are being drug from their homes to be hung from the streetlights. I wouldn't mind burning some banks to the ground with a bunch of rich people in the vaults to roast.

But it won't be the "wealthy" wealthy. It will be drs and lawyers cause the rich don't go out.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bird cooch posted:

But it won't be the "wealthy" wealthy. It will be drs and lawyers cause the rich don't go out.

At this point it's the people who spent the past decade jabberjawing about their taxes being too high and how poor people are lazy. That's good enough for me.

I am willing to walk to rich people bunkers and wait for them to walk outside for fresh air, as well.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

bird cooch posted:

I've spent two days arguing with people who are defending a local physician, head of a hospital's NICU, who is still blaming all of this on the media and Democrats.

Some of them absolutely deserve to burn.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I am willing to walk to rich people bunkers and wait for them poop in their air vents so they walk outside for fresh air, as well.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Just head down A1A, you could call that a, errr, target rich environment for some pitchforking.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There won't be any making GBS threads in air vents. It's gonna be stolen idle construction equipment burying entire vaults with the occupants inside if they refuse to come out.

We'll bury them in their shelters, we'll pile their bodies to burn in the streets, we'll dance joyously as we succumb to late stage capitalism and have a drat fine time doing it.

Then we'll just deal with this virus and move on.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
A real concern of mine is that my husband can't take time off from work like I can. He's a mechanic and I have no idea if his shop has any policy if he has to get quarantined. Hooray for a continuing panic attack.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Don't worry, I'm sure he qualifies for that sick leave poo poo Trump tried talking up last

I can't finish that sentence because we all know the republicans are going to leave normal people out to die.

I'm not cleaning my guns yet.

Yet.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

while i agree with the sentiment, and please let me know when the revolution starts, i don't think openly talking about it makes for good posting for a bunch of reasons. then again maybe we are at that breaking point.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Probably not, but at this point, it's what will drive my mania to a point of thriving.

The political divide has hosed a lot of things up for us, the economy was what little glue that held us together. The virus is a prophet sent by bigfoots' alien overlords to teach us a lesson. That lesson is that we're all human, and refusing to help other humans because "gently caress you, got mine" is not a good reason to leave fellow humans languishing in poverty.

May COVID-19s' passing cleanse us all, and the greedy be cleansed by the poor.

This is sobriety talking. No marijuanas smoked yet today, but soon. Soon.

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Lotta internet tough guy bullshit in here. In actual current events: Netherlands lockdown continues that the national holiday on april 27th has already been canceled, so they're likely expecting this to take months.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Lol gold is down 200 in a week. The rich truly are cashing out

I've always wanted to own a couple of gold coins. If it drops another thousand or so it might be an option!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Ya apparently that tweet is fake news so I'll take it down

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Some of y'all need to go outside. I mean not into public or anything like that but just get some fresh air.

We are prepping to furlough if need be which is making people really mad (often at me), but I'm get to furlough myself so that's tight.
My wife is the benefits director for a large national optometry group and they are blowing up her phone. If and when they furlough, like most companies, health insurance will expire after 30 days.

this is going to be a loving mess if it doesn't calm down and I don't see it calming down for awhile.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Fresh air and hash smoke maybe.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/16/uks-sewage-system-in-danger-of-gridlock-from-toilet-paper-substitutes-coronavirus

quote:

The UK’s largest water and wastewater service, Thames Water, is already warning customers not to “feed” so-called fatbergs – formed from a build-up of fat and non-biodegradable matter – by using kitchen towel and wet wipes as a substitute for toilet paper and flushing them down the loo. It says the only things that should be flushed are the 3Ps: poo, pee and (toilet) paper.

Wilding, a professor of supply chain strategy at Cranfield School of Management, said: “We are seeing shortages of toilet paper but worryingly also shortages of paper kitchen towels and industrial paper towel used, for example, in garages and workshops and other wipe products.

“If kitchen towels, baby wipes or industrial papers are used as a replacement for toilet paper, our sewage systems could readily become blocked with the resulting chaos and increased health risks associated with this. Ultimately, water companies may not have the infrastructure and equipment to unblock the sewer system.”

UK is going to poo poo.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Why not use something like a diaper buddy? The garbage can thing that cuts out any odor by closing the bag when the top is closed? Better than ruining their entire sewer system and potentially clogging up their own pipes.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Bored As gently caress posted:

Why not use something like a diaper buddy? The garbage can thing that cuts out any odor by closing the bag when the top is closed? Better than ruining their entire sewer system and potentially clogging up their own pipes.

Tragedy of the commons writ large.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

bird cooch posted:

Some of y'all need to go outside. I mean not into public or anything like that but just get some fresh air.

We are prepping to furlough if need be which is making people really mad (often at me), but I'm get to furlough myself so that's tight.
My wife is the benefits director for a large national optometry group and they are blowing up her phone. If and when they furlough, like most companies, health insurance will expire after 30 days.

this is going to be a loving mess if it doesn't calm down and I don't see it calming down for awhile.

My worry is that a patchwork of localities are shutting things down on a short term, 2 week basis when it should probably be closer to 30 days. 30 days for a small business and its employees, without cashflow, is probably a death sentence. My aunt and her husband own some wine shops and they dont have a lot of cash, it's all in inventory. I understand the reluctance as it's going to crush a lot of people but we have examples from Asia and Europe on ways to deal with this.

Noone has mentioned the necessary government support for SMEs required to help them through this. Anyone not looking at this is deluding themselves over how bad it will be.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

bird cooch posted:

I can't I'm under quarantine.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Well you can sit on your patio/porch, just don't have diarrhea and leave it outside etc

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Well you can sit on your patio/porch, just don't have diarrhea and leave it outside etc

I know. I'm just saying that relax and chill, brah, isn't exactly good advice right now. I'm pretty relaxed about the whole thing because I'm doing ok and so are my two other compatriots, but a lot of people are about to be really loving sick. A lot of people we all know are going to suffer and die. It's understandable for people to be apprehensive and upset.

People need to take this seriously and be prepared. Note that no one here is panic buying toilet paper.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
First circuit breaker within seconds of opening, second not long after. Who could possibly have known that a CEO advertising spot/rose garden blow job was not actually a solution to the economic situation? Oh well guess we need to give more money to the obscenely wealthy, I say as the financial machinery of the country grinds to a halt.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

bird food bathtub posted:

First circuit breaker within seconds of opening, second not long after. Who could possibly have known that a CEO advertising spot/rose garden blow job was not actually a solution to the economic situation? Oh well guess we need to give more money to the obscenely wealthy, I say as the financial machinery of the country grinds to a halt.

Trump has a press conference scheduled for 10:30 and it got postponed to 3:30pm shortly after the markets opened so he’s going to try it again.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm real excited for it another presidential address that will surely can everyone's fears.

Also I want to see how sickly he is.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

My family friends have an adult son with autism and he is so panicked about this his blood pressure went bonkers and he had a panic attack. :ohdear:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_066dEkycr4

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

I can't I'm under quarantine.

Well buddy, I'm really sorry to hear that. I am too, but because I'm immunosuppressed. How long have you been stuck at home? I'm on day 4, although I cheated and drove around my neighborhood yesterday. Still working from home so I have something to do, but Im an aerospace consultant and, well, poo poo is off the rails.

My neighbors just packed up and left town. They didn't say where they're headed.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

bird cooch posted:

Still working from home so I have something to do, but Im an aerospace consultant and, well, poo poo is off the rails.

Of course it is, you're an aerospace consultant, not a railway one!

:dadjoke:

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Ayyyyyyyyyy.

I'll be a former aerospace consultant by the end of the week.

A retired one!! It's a vacation! Hey heh heeeeeeeeeee

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

bird cooch posted:

Well buddy, I'm really sorry to hear that. I am too, but because I'm immunosuppressed. How long have you been stuck at home? I'm on day 4, although I cheated and drove around my neighborhood yesterday. Still working from home so I have something to do, but Im an aerospace consultant and, well, poo poo is off the rails.

My neighbors just packed up and left town. They didn't say where they're headed.

It’s lootin time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

LingcodKilla posted:

It’s lootin time!

I am going to have to take my neighbors food if people don’t stop buying everything in our local grocery stores. So far door dash has kept delivering but I might have to find staples on base if the stores near my house don’t restock soon enough.