Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I’m worried about the last of us part 2 :(. I don’t want it delayed. Good thing animal crossing is out this Friday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Louisgod posted:

Not sure if a lot of people were thinking about it but convenience stores seem to be fully stocked. Walked into a Dari Mart here in Oregon to get a drink and I was surprised to see all their shelves full. Got a couple loafs of bread and a couple bags of chips. May be a good spot to check out if people want to avoid large stores.

The convenience store just down the street from me usually has a big pallet of toilet paper by the door but they haven't been able to keep them in stock for weeks. I overheard the clerk telling a guy that they restock every morning and it always gets bought out almost immediately, poor guy sounded a little shellshocked.

There's a whole block of apartment buildings which has sprung up overlooking the store over the last few years so I'm betting there's dozens of people watching for when the delivery trucks are unloading every day. :v:

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

sassassin posted:

Wouldn't it have been easier to just give them a nickel? If people are working they're going to be even hungrier.

people need a purpose when poo poo is bad to keep their mind occupied

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This is what weed is for

bought 8 packs of special gummies on Friday for precisely this

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The virus is not that deadly. Even if it killed 20% of truckers died, there will still be truckers to continue delivering food.

The economy and old people are the problem. Everything else will suffer, specially of hospitals collapse, but we will manage.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Tei posted:

The virus is not that deadly. Even if it killed 20% of truckers died, there will still be truckers to continue delivering food.

The economy and old people are the problem. Everything else will suffer, specially of hospitals collapse, but we will manage.

Right but if they all get sick at the same time there might be a trucker shortage for weeks. That's the problem.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Inept posted:

people need a purpose when poo poo is bad to keep their mind occupied

Nah

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Hazo posted:

Yankee Doodle went to town
Riding on a pony
Laid down with a pangolin
And gave us all the Roni

This, but in Mandarin

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
People who've spent their entire adult lives working all week tend to go a bit funny when they stop (my dad for one) but humanity didn't evolve with a 40+ hour work week. It's not a fundamental requirement of life.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

LionArcher posted:

I’m worried about the last of us part 2 :(

Just go outside, it has better graphics

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Justin Trudeau apparently about to announce closure of canadian borders, except to americans.

Good lord just shut the drat door off completely. Only goons allowed through.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Meanwhile, in Australian supermarkets ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9rFT5IXyWw

And the man in the back said "C'mon grab a pack!"
And it turned into a bog roll blitz
Bog roll blitz!

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Tei posted:

It's funny that you say "we" like you know for sure that you're not going to be one of the ones that die.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Bronze Fonz posted:

Justin Trudeau apparently about to announce closure of canadian borders, except to americans.

Good lord just shut the drat door off completely. Only goons allowed through.

Close borders to everyone quickly! Wait! But if they gave Lowtax :10bux: at some point in history they can pass yes you want to come into our country? Okay here's the registration form for your account hope you got ten bux!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tei posted:

Oh it’s completely deadly. A lot of hospitals were actively resisting the antidote. So now all you have to do to cure it is go to any hospital, police station, fire station, usdot checkpoint, go to any ranger station or speak with any park ranger or be within earshot of them while they’re talking, watch network television, drink any tap water, make a cell phone or landline call, make a pay phone call, or use the internet.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

pixaal posted:

Close borders to everyone quickly! Wait! But if they gave Lowtax :10bux: at some point in history they can pass yes you want to come into our country? Okay here's the registration form for your account hope you got ten bux!

Save the spine AND your parents! Free testing for platinum members.

thezanke
Feb 16, 2020

My friend went to his boss to ask what their plan would be if things were to escalate, since they haven't been allowed to WFH yet despite it being an office-based data entry job.
His boss replied with "I got my flu shot so I’m not worried about it".

WHAT??

Buddy says: "you do know this isn’t the flu right? It’s a novel virus and hasn't been seen before"
Boss replies: "well it has similar symptoms to flu and the shot will suppress symptoms".

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? (╯°□°)╯彡┻━┻

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

thezanke posted:

My friend went to his boss to ask what their plan would be if things were to escalate, since they haven't been allowed to WFH yet despite it being an office-based data entry job.
His boss replied with "I got my flu shot so I’m not worried about it".

WHAT??

Buddy says: "you do know this isn’t the flu right? It’s a novel virus and hasn't been seen before"
Boss replies: "well it has similar symptoms to flu and the shot will suppress symptoms".

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? (╯°□°)╯彡┻━┻

The general population does not understand diseases. Remember how over half the kids in your highschool didn't get basic bio and chem? They are now your bosses.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

pixaal posted:

The general population does not understand diseases. Remember how over half the kids in your highschool didn't get basic bio and chem? They are now your bosses.

My mom, who is a nurse of 25+ years is still comparing it to the flu. They closed school here and she is on the other side of the country and asked if we'd fly out kids out to visit during the break.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Germany is closing down all brothels! :negative:
https://twitter.com/GuyChazan/status/1239598752152858625?s=20

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

LionArcher posted:

I’m worried about the last of us part 2 :(. I don’t want it delayed.

you'll get to experience the entire single player campaign by walking out your front door in abt a month

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Vakal posted:

Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy itchy Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty.

Itchy.
Tasty.

Few years back I did a slow Facebook post of exactly this. Pretended I wasn't feeling good, burning up, etc. At the end I had actually a few friends drop by or call asking if I'm OK and if I needed to go to the hospital. Was a pretty :unsmith: feeling.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
Well I just spent the weekend working in a resort town surrounded by loads of tourists.

Quarantine is underway. Working from home and no public events scheduled until June. Hopefully things are okay'ish by then?

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist
I imagine local businesses are going to feel the hurt in the next couple of months. If you would like to support them consider buying a gift card for that business. You will be observing social distancing while still getting the service or product you love, just at a later date.

That's something I just read and I thought it was a good idea to spread around.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Tei posted:

Lol that's not how the world works. We can't have just a fifth of the population die and everyone goes oh more space for me!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

19 o'clock posted:

Well I just spent the weekend working in a resort town surrounded by loads of tourists.

Quarantine is underway. Working from home and no public events scheduled until June. Hopefully things are okay'ish by then?

It shouldn’t take that long. Even if you are out camping you can drink from a spring and be inoculated. I’d say give it 2 weeks to a month until the whole world is immune, even from suicide carriers that injected themselves with it.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Huskalator posted:

I imagine local businesses are going to feel the hurt in the next couple of months. If you would like to support them consider buying a gift card for that business. You will be observing social distancing while still getting the service or product you love, just at a later date.

That's something I just read and I thought it was a good idea to spread around.

What if they go under

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Lodin posted:

Bought some more rations (beer) today and also picked up a big bag of flour and some yeast. I carried that up to the guy two floors above since he's a baker who's offered to make bread for anyone who gets hit.
I'm normally an rear end in a top hat to my neighbours, but here I am, at least trying to help a little bit. Feels weird. I think it's called dugnad in the ancient language of my people.
I feel the need. :madmax:
The need to kneed! :discourse:

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Vakal posted:

Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy itchy Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty.

Itchy.
Tasty.

tldr; raw meat is the poo poo

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Tei posted:

Just because it only kills 20% of truckers that doesn't mean only 20% of the industry will fall apart. Companies may lose enough business during the quarantine to shutter, people may decide they can't or don't want to drive trucks anymore, or truckers may be off the road for weeks or months taking care of family matters.

If you're eligible for a CDL and under 40, now may be the time to start that process. We've destroyed our nation's rail infrastructure, so there is likely to be an unprecedented need for truckers in the next few years. Like, don't abandon a 9-to-5 where you make $60k+ a year, but if you normally stock shelves and want a change, this could be a good idea.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

It shouldn’t take that long. Even if you are out camping you can drink from a spring and be inoculated. I’d say give it 2 weeks to a month until the whole world is immune, even from suicide carriers that injected themselves with it.

That's kind of what I figured and thanks for the info. Still a little spooky having been around so many people. At least work from home isn't too crazy right now in the corporate accounting world.

How many weeks can a person survive off of just Pop Tarts and salsa?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

You are owed a refund after the bank but before stockholders.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

pixaal posted:

This isn't "not understanding diseases", this is "round peg into square hole" territory

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

19 o'clock posted:

That's kind of what I figured and thanks for the info. Still a little spooky having been around so many people. At least work from home isn't too crazy right now in the corporate accounting world.

How many weeks can a person survive off of just Pop Tarts and salsa?

drat salsa with your pop tarts, what are you like some kind of rock star? :crossarms:

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Netherlands is reopening the weedstores for takeout only. Our long national nightmare is finally over.

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist

Then it's your fault for not supporting them enough you cheap loser.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Welp Canada is closing its borders.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Except for Americans, for the time being.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

The Walrus posted:

They were just stalling to give Harry and Meghan time to get back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Walrus posted:

link?