Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1239603170382397443

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
How the gently caress could you think Biden did better than Sanders?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

You didn't know or didn't care that he was lying.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

punk rebel ecks posted:

Easy, you get your thoughts from cable news

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

lol remember when biden hadnt even announced he was running yet but he was still included in all the polls so sanders wasnt in the lead?

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Voters are loving stupid and Biden going "WE NEED TO ACT NOW! DO THIS NOW! I WAS THERE! I DID IT! NOW!" impresses the average stupid boomer

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

punk rebel ecks posted:

No one seems to know anything about Creepy Joe.

They dont know he ruined their post education finances forever.

They dont know he dragged us into The War on Drugs.

They dont know he drafted (what became) the PATRIOT Act.

He existed before there was an internet, and now all he has to do is lie. (The same way Clinton became President.)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

cool dance moves posted:

If McConnell pulls the same poo poo he did with Merrick Garland theres a nonzero chance Klobb would smash his head with a folding chair

klobb is like hillary 2.0 on that she is a heartless rear end in a top hat psychopath but actually owns it. makes me wonder why she isn't a republican

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

he seemed more confident and sanders wobbled on some key moments - he really should've called the PAC bluff, for instance, and biden just outright lied about his record when sanders went on the attack, which effectively neutralises it thanks to the fake news media

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

plus he seemed like he was basically cognitively together, which i think has actually been a major concern for people. he spoke in full sentences and seemed to know what they were talking about for the most part. that's a lot of people reassured

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Bernie has no idea how to go scorched Earth like Trump does. We needed a complete rear end in a top hat to rally the left, and we got Maple Grandpa. I hope Tlaib or someone similar learns from this and is ready to annihilate the liberals in a future primary.

In the meantime, please donate to progressive down ballots. Jess has the one of the latest primaries in the country, and is effectively the last gasp of progressive activism in 2020. It's only appropriate that as Delaware destroys America, we in turn destroy Delaware by electing her.

https://twitter.com/JessforDelaware/status/1239392617709830144

https://twitter.com/JessforDelaware/status/1239553137154969602

https://twitter.com/JessforDelaware/status/1239586654085459968

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
This primary has made it clearer than ever that progressives need to ditch the Democratic Party. The deck is and has been stacked against Bernie.

However Bernie has proven that a legitimate progressive grassroots movement is possible; that money can be raised from the common people -- it just needs to be a bottom-up approach where local and state races are favored over federal ones.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Don Pigeon posted:

This primary has made it clearer than ever that progressives need to ditch the Democratic Party. The deck is and has been stacked against Bernie.

However Bernie has proven that a legitimate progressive grassroots movement is possible; that money can be raised from the common people -- it just needs to be a bottom-up approach where local and state races are favored over federal ones.

The Democratic party has to be abandoned, but you can still win primary upsets in small states like DE. Jess needs 60k votes.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
the media set the expectations generously low for Biden and insurmountable for Sanders, and then spent the rest of the night oohing and ahhing over how Biden completed his sentences and didn't poop himself

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
mainstream media sculpted and perfected their lovely trump clone

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
if people ask me why im not voting biden im going to earnestly talk about buried dogs and force them to try to debunk it

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

imagine that you have telekinesis and the only thing you use it for is to kill dogs a little easier

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yeah one thing sanders has shown is that small-state senators can have a huge impact on national politics in yankeeland

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

And yet he can't get boomers to vote for him

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

and look where that got them lol

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

C-SPAN Caller posted:

no they're still too disciplined. it'll take time, but it'll come

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nichael posted:

Bernie has no idea how to go scorched Earth like Trump does. We needed a complete rear end in a top hat to rally the left, and we got Maple Grandpa. I hope Tlaib or someone similar learns from this and is ready to annihilate the liberals in a future primary.

In the meantime, please donate to progressive down ballots. Jess has the one of the latest primaries in the country, and is effectively the last gasp of progressive activism in 2020. It's only appropriate that as Delaware destroys America, we in turn destroy Delaware by electing her.

https://twitter.com/JessforDelaware/status/1239392617709830144

https://twitter.com/JessforDelaware/status/1239553137154969602

https://twitter.com/JessforDelaware/status/1239586654085459968

What's the link to donate to her?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I think what's relevant is Sanders voters are sticking with him as they age. In 2016, the Clinton) Sanders divide was at 40. Today the Biden/Sanders divide is at 50.

I don't want to proclaim "demographics are destiny" because a lot can change if we become complacent, but the future is looking good.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Takoluka posted:

What's the link to donate to her?

here's the cspam link for her (I've been tracking how much cspam and D&D raise so I can boost my own effectiveness to the campaign team because I'm a trumpian narcissist :chaostrump:)
https://secure.actblue.com/donate/jess-cspam

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Not a single person I've interacted with who saw the debate think Biden won. MSM out here manufacturing consent with straight up lies.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Upmarket Mango posted:

Not a single person I've interacted with who saw the debate think Biden won. MSM out here manufacturing consent with straight up lies.

How many of them weren't fans of Bernie though

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Upmarket Mango posted:

nothing new there

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Looks like Ohio is going to push voting back to June 2.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Upmarket Mango posted:

most people don't watch the debates and instead base their perception of who won them off of what the people on tv say

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Jewel Repetition posted:

How many of them weren't fans of Bernie though

idk, i didnt run a poll. im just in a lot of heavily boomer populated groups and i havent seen anybody go to bat for biden. all anecdotal, sure, but its been my experience.

e: just never stop yelling only bernie beats trump and making it explicitly clear you wont vote for biden.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

V. Illych L. posted:

he seemed more confident and sanders wobbled on some key moments - he really should've called the PAC bluff, for instance, and biden just outright lied about his record when sanders went on the attack, which effectively neutralises it thanks to the fake news media

Bernie should have called him a liar when the social security stuff came up. I'm really disappointed he didn't.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh poo poo
https://twitter.com/NYTnickc/status/1239627149415526405

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
it was easily bernies worst debate, i dont know if it was the lack of audience or if hes got the coroni but it was sad watching him let biden run over him with blatant lies. that "go to youtube dot com" thing was especially disappointing

its easier to interrupt without looking like an rear end in a top hat when theres applause breaks, and unlike joe bernie isnt very good at being an rear end in a top hat

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Upmarket Mango posted:

idk, i didnt run a poll. im just in a lot of heavily boomer populated groups and i havent seen anybody go to bat for biden. all anecdotal, sure, but its been my experience.

e: just never stop yelling only bernie beats trump and making it explicitly clear you wont vote for biden.

One way to make it clear you won't vote for Biden is to post here https://forums.somethingawful.com/newreply.php?action=newreply&threadid=3916038

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

nice

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

hopefully the other republican governors follow soon. florida, arizona

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

El Burbo posted:

hopefully the other republican governors follow soon. florida, arizona

I don't know, they're full of olds, it's good for spreading the 'rona.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
God exists and he wants Bernie to win

I mean he is basically like Jesus

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Hell yeah, they broke christman

In the recent "Beltway Garage" episode Matt was basically channeling my exact feelings about everything that is going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Also let's not for a minute pretend that this Biden dog meme isn't coming from alt-right/Russian trolls. It's like they saw what happened to that UK MP who had to publically state that she didn't kill squirrels, which sunk her campaign and lost her the seat, and are now trying to manufacture the same poo poo for Biden.