Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

here are the ones that have stories that come up in later seasons

S1E1 and S1E2 Encounter at Farpoint (introduces Q and is the bookend with the series finale)
S1E5 The Last Outpost (first Ferengi episode)
S1E6 Where No One Has Gone Before (introduces The Traveler who is important in Wesley Cruser's last episode)
S1E10 Hide and Q (all Q episodes are good)
S1E13 Datalore (introduces Data's brother, Lore)
S1E18 Home Soil (introduces the Crystalline Entity)
S1E23 Skin of Evil (one of the main characters dies in this)

the rest can be skipped

how dare u skip Code of Honor and its weird racial overtones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

holy poo poo everything is falling apart and it's every state for themselves

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Business Gorillas posted:

They're being paid not to cede a single inch to the left and are just as fine losing than they are with winning, hth

Losing is a gently caress of a lot easier and still profitable, so long as you don't pull any of this being real poo poo.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

tenderjerk posted:

I think watching star trek is a sterile enough show with enough content to last me while I work on contracts for 40 hrs a week from home , I am ready for this challenge

Maybe will gently caress around and do a trek "podcast"

there is a podcast called Mission Log that does a break down of every episode from every series

i think they are on DS9 now

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

seasons 3-6 are great, seasons 2 and 7 are good “sometimes” things or things to have on while making dinner, and season 1 is really bizarre. tbh season 2 is EXTREMELY inconsistent but the avg is better than season 1, which is more consistent in style and tone but rarely hitting it out of the park

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I will never make a call on what will happen during this election.

November is so far away, we will have at least three more WHAT THE gently caress moments between here and there.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
biden's entire campaign seems like a way to retroactively make hillary look competent

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
also uhhh I guess we should prepare tenderjerk for the jarring transition from Beverly->Pulaski->Beverly because the producers couldn't help themselves from getting too hornt for Gates McFadden lol

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

What do those signs on either side of the podium in the press conference say?

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Didn’t Bernie lose because his strategy was centered around *not* converting other constituencies? Seems like you don’t need the Bernie faction to win a majority of delegates.

Not that it matters ofc when the federal government won’t last the summer.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ex post facho posted:

haha man I'm charging up for all the pleading I'm gonna hear to vote for biden and just sit there all :chord:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3916038

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

coup when?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I'm actually David Uxbridge, y'all watch out now, hear

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

https://twitter.com/i/status/1067239152889065473

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
actually, just watch all of TNG and don't skip anything. watch Code of Honor, the worst hour of Star Trek, even worse than the Voyager episode where going too fast in warp turns them into pregnant newts.

the best thing about TNG is that it's middle management in space. every problem is solved by talking it over in the conference room.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
lol this looks like so much poo poo

after a while, so many press conferences are going to have the effect of making people realise no one knows what the gently caress is happening and no one is in charge

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
trump is live, we have fifteen days to live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BNLqQMpsII

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

is this how I get my NoJoe tag?

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BNLqQMpsII

lol

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
president big boy is on air now

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Look we made a chart!

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
PREZ IS LIVE

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

If this ends up being true, I'm absolutely not going to vote or even worse vote for trump. I would literally rather have his lovely incompetent admin running the shitshow than what centrist hellscape a Biden/klobuchar ticket would try to enact.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
mildr sinder

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

He sounds like poo poo.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Lol Trump with the 180 and admitting that yes without symptoms you are contagious

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Trek talk: Have heard good things about the podcasts: "Greatest (next) Generation," and "That one Episode of Star Trek" but I don't listen to podcasts, so take the advice with caution.

Yeah, that. Is Babylon 5 streaming anywhere?

Or MASH?

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
wow, shout out to critical role. trump is a gamer

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Big party when virus is dead. Trmup is bringing pizza

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

A big celebration. I'm so excited!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Avoid all restaurants, avoid gathering in groups of 10 or more

US IN LOCKDOWN BABY!

Hahahahaha he hates this.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
a soft quarantine, huh. gonna last a few weeks

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

tenderjerk posted:

Since I am working from home for 3 weeks can I just start ds9 or do I gotta trudge through tng

TNG is not a pre-requisite for DS9. The only "trudge" for TNG is season 1 & most of season 2, it really is a fun show most of the time. I haven't seen DS9 in years, but it also takes a season or 2 to hit its stride IIRC

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the 2 tng eps to start w are DARMOK and DATA’S DAY. both are above avg but neither is the best in the series, so you wont watch them and go, welp, all downhill from here. both let you know basically every main character in the show, what their personality is like and what their job is. they focus on picard and data, inarguably the two most central characters in the series. one is mostly shipboard and one is a planetary adventure. one is funnier, one a pure drama.

like between the two, you get most of tng. if you still are not sure, watch THE DRUMHEAD as a third.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I'm watching S5 "Cause and Effect" right now which is notable for two reasons: its where I can first remember being introduced to causality and time loops, and it also has Kelsey loving grammer as a starship captain lmao

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
we are so hosed lol

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
best way to watch Star Trek The Next Generation is to start right form the start and go through each and every episode. that way, you fully understand the journey of Astronaut John Crichton

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ex post facho posted:

is this how I get my NoJoe tag?

yes

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Squizzle posted:

the 2 tng eps to start w are DARMOK and DATA’S DAY. both are above avg but neither is the best in the series, so you wont watch them and go, welp, all downhill from here. both let you know basically every main character in the show, what their personality is like and what their job is. they focus on picard and data, inarguably the two most central characters in the series. one is mostly shipboard and one is a planetary adventure. one is funnier, one a pure drama.

like between the two, you get most of tng. if you still are not sure, watch THE DRUMHEAD as a third.

how can you not rec The Inner Light :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
we are prepared to do whatever it takes as long as that doesn't include testing people or helping them