Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

d3lness posted:

Everybody is making up these silly and great island names. Y'all making me look like a try hard with Muspelheim.

I'm hoping (Island Name) Isle is a suffix option so BEEF Isle can become a juicy reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

enojy posted:

I'm hoping (Island Name) Isle is a suffix option so BEEF Isle can become a juicy reality

That one's almost cheating though since you could spell it all out anyway (Note: I would fully support that choice)

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Bad news: I am working from home and in self quarantine because someone at my office building tested positive.

Good news: Animal crossing comes out in 4 days!!!!

Best news: I added myself to the goonlist. I promise not to cough on any of my island furniture if you visit!

Edit: Oh hey I'd like to be a Raccoon Goon if that's still a thing that is happening currently or in the near present

alarumklok fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 16, 2020

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Nintendo open up the Animal Crossing. Stop having it be closed.

Illithid Activity
Sep 5, 2015

When I first got ACNL, I named my town "Funky" thinking there would be an automatic -town suffix at the end. I was super disappointed but never bothered changing it. Not sure if I'll stick with that or not.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1239554846388183045

Edit: aw only shows up on twitter I guess

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hell of a way to find out twitter hashtag emojis apparently don't make it to embedded tweets.
We need our own Tom Nook smilie, imo :getin:

Illithid Activity
Sep 5, 2015

hopeandjoy posted:

Nintendo open up the Animal Crossing. Stop having it be closed.

:hmmyes:

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009
Can I get in on the gang tag action? I feel silly asking cos I browse with the mobile app usually but I want in anyway :ohdear:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Hell of a way to find out twitter hashtag emojis apparently don't make it to embedded tweets.

but we already have :capitalism:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Captain Hygiene posted:

I can't find it, but someone posted :capitalism: except it was Tom Nook in the money bath.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Added myself to the goon sheet. Let's be chill pals!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

I can't find it, but someone posted :capitalism: except it was Tom Nook in the money bath.

Haha I don't think I saw that. Somebody find it, I must see and judge it :jpmf:

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Between the long wait between releases, the pandemic where everyone is stuck inside (and along with that, this game offers a nice escape), and absolutely glowing reviews, this game is gonna be massive for nintendo.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/emimonserrate/status/1239603628706607110

I'd love to get one of the villagers in this as a avatar but

A) I have no idea how to do that
B) I don't want to lose my first and only tag

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
one thing I can't tell from the reviews. Some people are saying the exploration islands are all in your same hemisphere/season but I thought it was implied the randomization element means even seasons are random, for bug hunting and all. Was that never confirmed and just fan theory?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Fun Times! posted:

Bro imagine if amidst this quarantine instead of releasing an Animal Crossing game with daily/weekly checklists, Nintendo released old Animal Crossing where fossils took a day to process and you can only do 3 per day, and you couldn't get all the tools in the first couple days, and you couldn't run over flowers, and Nook's Cranny closed before the sun went down irl.

New Leaf took me a while to get all the tools, especially since I shared my town and got beat to it sometimes. For too-long my and my co-villager at the time would just drop the tools to share communist style. I think I had island access for a week before I could even get a wetsuit.

As for fossils, I honestly wouldn't mind the mailing em in thing, if they would just keep it if it wasn't a duplicate. Like, I'd love to avoid Blathers (hard pass on bug haters imo), so if I could mail em, write my letter, and they just take it and set it up at museum.

Speaking up letters, I wonder how/if they've improved their language detection. I assume probably not much, too many languages to bother, but idk maybe localization teams love it. IIRC in New Leaf, the rules were pretty obtuse and the "best" letter you could write would end up being some nonsense like
code:
A. A. A. A.  A. A. A. A.   A. A. A. A.A.
 A. A. A. A. A. A. A. A. A. A. A. A.A. 
 A. A. A. A. A. A. A. A. A. A. A. A.A.

sexpig by night posted:

one thing I can't tell from the reviews. Some people are saying the exploration islands are all in your same hemisphere/season but I thought it was implied the randomization element means even seasons are random, for bug hunting and all. Was that never confirmed and just fan theory?

I don't think that's been confirmed and it's the first time I hearing it suggested. AFAIK I know the hemispheres have "opposite" seasons but both proceed linearly in the common seasonal fashion.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

IGN says you can change your system time, but there are penalties for doing so, what are the penalties?

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
pre-ordered this thinger. it's my first animal crossing. looking forward to it.

can I have a gang tag please? it's really nice!

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

IGN says you can change your system time, but there are penalties for doing so, what are the penalties?

I make fun of you in this thread.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

To the people who didn't put spaces or dashes in their friend codes: Who hurt you and why are you like this?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You’re just playing yourself.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Still racking my brains trying to think of a good island name. I decided to look to my local area for inspiration. Now I'm amused and slightly concerned.

e: aaaa! Thanks for the tag!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

https://twitter.com/emimonserrate/status/1239603628706607110

I'd love to get one of the villagers in this as a avatar but

A) I have no idea how to do that
B) I don't want to lose my first and only tag

One of the mods or IKs posted in here that it's possible to still keep your tag when you get a new avatar.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

yeah if you buy a new av just paste in the [img] tag

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

facial hair looks weird on animal crossing villagers, ngl

It reminds me of a soft ladybeard . I wonder if its because that beard didn't connect to sideburns? Maybe there are other beards but if not, I did without them before!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1239681415454826496?s=20

Some basic controls to tide you over.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

tweet unavailable :argh:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i always name my town after a different Ragnarok Online city but i thought about naming it That Place and naming myself Roger and it makes me giggle every time i think about it so ill probably do that

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

d3lness posted:

tweet unavailable :argh:

https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1239684730561466369?s=20

I think they fixed a typo on their graphic.

Notapipe
Apr 4, 2011

100% Self-Loathing Posting

I love every villager in this cute game

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Countblanc posted:

i always name my town after a different Ragnarok Online city but i thought about naming it That Place and naming myself Roger and it makes me giggle every time i think about it so ill probably do that

Hell yeah I love Doug

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not going to get the game until late Friday now. My brother said he'd get it for my birthday last month and I said I wanted a digital copy, so he could just PayPal me the money for it if he wanted.

Instead he went to GameStop to preorder for a midnight release of a digital copy of the game.

A midnight release that is no longer happening. So he said he'd pick it up after work Friday instead :smith:

This pandemic is even getting in the way of Animal Crossing!

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009

Notapipe posted:

I love every villager in this cute game

I feel part of the joy is taking unreasonable dislikes to perfectly nice villagers. I hate you forever Beardo and I don't know why.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Framboise posted:

I'm not going to get the game until late Friday now.

I have the digital preorder but I'll probably be in the same boat since it unlocks pretty late Thursday and I will have actual work to do Friday :respek::smith:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The Silver Snail posted:

Hell yeah I love Doug

haha :)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i am naming my island dagon fel and possibly my character sorkvild

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My work is cutting operating hours for the near future and that means hours in general are going to be cut and I was already feeling wary about spending the money on Animal Crossing and now I'm moreso :ohdear:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Waffleman_ posted:

My work is cutting operating hours for the near future and that means hours in general are going to be cut and I was already feeling wary about spending the money on Animal Crossing and now I'm moreso :ohdear:

man everything is falling to fuckin poo poo right now just buy the game so you can escape the hellworld we exist in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Shoehead posted:

It's real nice to see a nice island, instead of the absolute kips some reviewers are trying to show off today.

New slang2me, is "kips" small and wimpy or just unimpressive? Maybe like "crap?"

I hope the map planner updates with the new info added. The new confirmed limits drastically limit what kind of terraforming can be done. I had plenty of ideas before, but I naively thought we'd be able to edit the beaches and edges. Working with those things will take more planning than I initially though/