Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

circle is one line, x is two lines, triangle is three lines, square is four lines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Khanstant posted:

Triangle and Y both work because they are "uppy" kind of symbols, they clearly belong at the top. Y is someone with two arms pointing up, Triangle is drawn to point up. Meanwhile Nintendo over here sending mixed signals.

*through clenched teeth and trying to keep composure*

The preceding letters are on the outside of the pad. "A" before "B" and "X" before "Y"

Help Im Alive posted:

drat what if they put a fifth button in the middle of the other four

what the......

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

what should they call it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

F

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Anyone else design their dream controller on loose leaf paper back in elementary school? Mine had THREE shoulder buttons on each side

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

quote:

Martin said he's not forced to work long hours, but he finds himself doing so anyway.

"It's not really crunch... this is going to sound hokey. It's like a lifestyle. I live and breathe this," Martin said. "No one makes me stay at the office," he said. "Even when I come home, I see my kids, I do my thing, and then I just do research."

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Anyone else design their dream controller on loose leaf paper back in elementary school? Mine had THREE shoulder buttons on each side

i was too busy drawing layouts for hypothetical mega man x stages

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Those poor kids

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

al-azad posted:

Quarantine +8 hours

I have finished Later Alligator.

I think next I'm gonna watch some anime.

Was speaking with my tattoo artist about getting this panel done on my shoulder, as she does really incredible line work and is capable of doing a 1:1 tatt

It's basically one of my all time favourite manga moments. It's hilarious seeing the anime version of this scene become a meme.

Stardust Crusaders is basically peak 80s manga and I love it (even if it ran into the 90s)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I've heard at least one software person complain that even when the corporate culture does its best to let people work 40 hour weeks (which is rare enough), there's always the no-lifers who really really like coding and would rather be at work than at home, making everybody else look bad

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

god i fuckn hate mornings
btw inf, I got told to pass on a message from birb "finish your LP

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

*through clenched teeth and trying to keep composure*

The preceding letters are on the outside of the pad. "A" before "B" and "X" before "Y"

Dude I have the switchmotes in my controller shell thing right now. It's going X A B Y. Even if you're some counter-clockwise right-to-left radicalist reader it would be X Y B A.

I need to buy a dang Pro, I have some wired knockoff but I forgot how inconvenient these things are in the shell. Was playing SMW just now but kept hopping off yoshi or doing a spin by accident, not to mention the default way to hold run and roll thumb back to jump bumps you against the lower control stick lol. I have tiny hands too! I was called "fetus hands" in high school they are so small.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
hrmm. persistent coughing, sore throat, mild pressure in chest area

this could be a problem

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Oxxidation posted:

this could be a problem

Can we get an F in the chat for Oxxidation?

I prob wouldn't worry about it until you start getting a fever tbh, really bad fever is supposedly part of this poo poo?

e: hey inf, any chance I could get a gang tag for animal crossing?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Do you not see it? Its right there

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

You guys are all, "I'm gonna play Doom during the quarantine!" or "I'm gonna play some long RPG while I'm stuck indoors!"

I'm gonna spend my self isolation playing Ring Fit Adventure, and when the virus is gone and we all emerge into the after-times, I will rule the wasteland with my fantastic physique.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Oxxidation posted:

this could be a problem

Do you have a fever?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

tithin posted:

Can we get an F in the chat for Oxxidation?

I prob wouldn't worry about it until you start getting a fever tbh, really bad fever is supposedly part of this poo poo?

On the other hand, if you wait until you get a fever you are most certainly going to infect those around you. The prevailing wisdom of “if you feel even a little sick then stay home” is out there for a reason.

All goons should do what they can to protect themselves and those around them. This next week or two are going to get a little wild.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Even if it's not coronavirus it's better to just stay home.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

:ohdear:

Yeah from the guidance I've read it's been "Stay at home unless you feel significant respiratory distress"

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

circle is one line, x is two lines, triangle is three lines, square is four lines

i used to have such a hard time with playstation controller until someone told me this

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i also used to have trouble with the xbox/dreamcast layout but then i played sonic unleashed and i had to get through this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zo2M5SH75U

and now i'm an expert at every video game controller

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I dont think I could tell you the layout from memory of Nintendo controllers but when a game asks me to press a button I can do it just fine from muscle memory

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the true schism is circle for confirm in japanese games vs x for confirm in western games

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The first thing to do with any game is to press every button on the controller to see what everything does.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Whoever was complaining about Ori's chase sequences you are completely correct to think they are hot trash. Given how much Ori stuff they dropped or changed for Ori 2 the fact that they looked at the chase scenes and went "yeah lets keep these" is just confounding. The game would be improved entirely with their exclusion

Oh also I dont know how far that person is but there is a mandatory stealth sequence in the game too because bring back all the bad decisions

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

LawfulWaffle posted:

On the other hand, if you wait until you get a fever you are most certainly going to infect those around you. The prevailing wisdom of “if you feel even a little sick then stay home” is out there for a reason.

All goons should do what they can to protect themselves and those around them. This next week or two are going to get a little wild.

Ah yeah, I forgot that this poo poo was asymptomatic for like 2 weeks beforehand

get your rear end indoors.

I actually came down with a chest infection just as this poo poo started taking off, thankfully it was just a chest infection, and my possible contagion contacts are minimal so I'm not concerned I have it because antibiotics kicked its rear end, now I just have a lingering annoying cough

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

oddium posted:

the true schism is circle for confirm in japanese games vs x for confirm in western games

x confirm is correct and holy

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's been a bit since i've used a playstation controller but i believe circle is where the a button on a snes controller would be and therefore it is the proper accept button, as codified by the nes having a as accept and b as cancel

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

SunhiLegend is doing his best but, uh... stacked up against Sekiro this seems a bit lackluster

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1239722338964451328

Edit:
https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1115728981758742530

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

X for Xcept, O for Oh nO... it's quite remarkable in its intuitiveness

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

SunhiLegend is doing his best but, uh... stacked up against Sekiro this seems a bit lackluster

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1239722338964451328

Edit:
https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1115728981758742530

These are always cool, though Nioh 2 is actually fun so it's got that over Sekiro

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

okay the Real Problem is when i play many hours of Monster Hunter on DS and Switch and get used to Attack button being X and then try to play Breath of the Wild and i wind up throwing my stupid club like an idiot every single goddamn fight

and then if i read on the screen what button it is to attack (i actually don't even remember now in botw) my brain tells my hand that it's actually the Xbox button layout so i still gently caress it up

and then i'm pretty sure the confirm/cancel buttons for the menus are switched too because A is on the right for some reason

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Relax Or DIE posted:

These are always cool, though Nioh 2 is actually fun so it's got that over Sekiro

I know you're trolling but I've been watching people play Nioh 2 and it's just such a poor comparison (for Nioh)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

Updating the Three Houses chart...

Relax or DIE -> Ashen Wolves

alternate edit: (just like Dimitri, half-blind and hallucinating)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9Cl0CgU_q8

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I don't actually know anything about the Ashen Wolves besides they live in a sewer, I like Three Houses but I'm not paying for DLC

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

im going to play 3 houses eventually and if golden deer aren't cool........

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

im going to play 3 houses eventually and if golden deer aren't cool........

everyone is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I know you're trolling but I've been watching people play Nioh 2 and it's just such a poor comparison (for Nioh)

I am trolling but also it's my for real opinion, though I haven't finished nioh 2 so it's not well formed enough to die on a hill for it quite yet