Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

you like that meat? don't eat that meat. something happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
So I've been begging my (pregnant) sister in Boston not to fly out here to Arizona for days now and she has been a total idiot about it acting like it's no big deal. She finally relented today.

Because she's not feeling well... ☹️

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Where’s the beef?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

naem posted:

thing

thing

thing (*rice)

thing

delicious, and good friend
:911:

no bacon, diced tomatoes, spinach, or carrots, vote 2/5

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Burt Sexual posted:

Where’s the beef?

Wendy's?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

naem posted:

thing

thing

thing (*rice)

thing

I love how every picture is clear except the last one hahah

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

OMFG FURRY posted:

no bacon, diced tomatoes, spinach, or carrots, vote 2/5

Lol if you think you can get bacon, tomatoes, spinach, or carrots.

I went to two stores today, picked clean. Apples and tangerines for days. A few leeks. Two fennel bulbs. Turnips. That’s all. Two per customer. Good luck.

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wonder if there's anything i can do to help with this. besides stay in my hovel, i mean.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I made a couple posts back talking about my aunt possibly having Corona and she tested negative. But they still want to keep her in quarantine because she is still doing chemo.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The Strangest Finch posted:

Does that just mean you cant apply for unemployment til it's all finalized? That sucks? But goonspeed.

My workplace filed everyone's claims electronically for us so all I really need to do is fill the forms on my end online. I'm receiving quarantine pay and another 2 weeks pay even though I'm not there because they are required to give 2 weeks notice for the layoff. So I'm not completely hosed.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Our county is now officially under lockdown. House arrest except for essential needs or essential jobs.

https://www.mercurynews.com/coronavirus-six-bay-area-counties-to-shelter-in-place

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

MarcusSA posted:

I love how every picture is clear except the last one hahah

I get this problem when I make rice or something and take a picture for whatever reason, the steam fucks up the camera and it's a pain in the rear end.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BrainDance posted:

I get this problem when I make rice or something and take a picture for whatever reason, the steam fucks up the camera and it's a pain in the rear end.

I mean they could have at least plated it for some presentation! Haha the last picture does not make me want to eat those lentils.

Lentils are good though.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Beachcomber posted:

Our county is now officially under lockdown. House arrest except for essential needs or essential jobs.

https://www.mercurynews.com/coronavirus-six-bay-area-counties-to-shelter-in-place

Can you still walk your dogs or will you be beaten in the streets?

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

naem posted:

thing

thing

thing (*rice)

thing

Holy poo poo naem I did the same thing for dinner/meal prep. :respek:

Like now I gotta make sure you're not my roommate.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Michigan went out of its way to specify that salons can stay open for now just to troll me

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Bananaquiter posted:

Can you still walk your dogs or will you be beaten in the streets?

quote:

“Grocery stores will remain open,” Willis said. “You can get your medicine from your pharmacy, you can still visit your doctor. We can all expect to experience some cabin fever. You can still walk your dog.”

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

naem posted:

thing

thing

thing (*rice)

thing

what the gently caress

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

From CBC, this was the line-up at the Montreal downtown weed store today.
On a monday morning. Get a job, hippies!

bort
Mar 13, 2003

large_gourd posted:

i wonder if there's anything i can do to help with this. besides stay in my hovel, i mean.
I've been thinking about that, too. I'm not trained in healthcare, but if I'm gonna get sick anyway, I wonder if I can volunteer anyplace.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

Nevada is basically on lockdown, not sure about the weed stores or brothels though. Was hoping to visit both soon.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Beachcomber posted:

i can't imagine this will be heavily enforced because it would require an insane amount of surveillance. but it's a good step to influence people's behavior

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lady fingers they taste just like lady fingers

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

large_gourd posted:

are hotels being included in any of these country wide shutdowns?

My hotel in Nebraska is still open, business as usual... Just significantly less business... I work nights and it's both nice and incredibly boring now...

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

good developments out of australia

https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...0aa4483855c3669

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

naem posted:

thing

thing

thing (*rice)

thing

when do you add the toilet paper?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/status/1238600729335488517

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

quote:

7:46 p.m.: Wisconsin's Sen. Ron Johnson worried coronavirus relief bill would incentivize people to 'not show up to work'

Wisconsin's Republican Sen. Ron Johnson has raised concerns about a coronavirus relief bill that passed the House on Saturday, saying expanding paid sick leave would exacerbate financial hardships for small business by "forcing them to pay wages they cannot afford."

Johnson said he's worried not only about potential layoffs but also about “incentivizing people to not show up for work either."

“People are going to have to work. People do need to recognize the fact that this is not Ebola. This is not MERS. It's not quite the seasonal flu," Johnson said. "But we have to keep things in perspective and we got to keep our economy."

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

naem posted:

thing

thing

thing (*rice)

thing

Are you Jack Scalfani

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Any news how many in hospitals in different states?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

goethe.cx posted:

i can't imagine this will be heavily enforced because it would require an insane amount of surveillance. but it's a good step to influence people's behavior

Yeah.

We can still go out for outdoor activities as long as we maintain social distancing, so fido can get his walkies and I can take my wife to the wildflowers when we start to go stir crazy.

In other news, I've got a fairly significant cough and my temperature is 98.97, but I took acetaminaphen for a headache earlier. I'm usually tired so I can't tell if I'm fatgued. I've taken expectorant for the cough and am considering taking ephedrine mist to enhance my breathingness.

In otter news:

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

I can't believe that we are on the verge of closing all schools/restaurants/airports and people are mostly accepting of this. Is it because the angry defiant types are mostly Trump fanboys? What is going on?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

naem posted:

thing

thing

thing (*rice)

thing

Lentils? More like Get Bentils.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Bananaquiter posted:

I can't believe that we are on the verge of closing all schools/restaurants/airports and people are mostly accepting of this. Is it because the angry defiant types are mostly Trump fanboys? What is going on?

What do you suggest people do?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Bananaquiter posted:

Sounds like someone didn't buy enough beans.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bananaquiter posted:

Trump changed his song and dance today.

But you think poo poo should stay open now? Reallly?

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
can i interest you in some beans in these trying times?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Hit 24 cases in Indiana today last I looked. At lunchtime we finally got the “everyone should wfh” email from the CIO, so I did my 1pm call then bugged out with my 32” monitor, extra docking station, and cables in tow so I can set up a basement office away from the kids - I can’t work in the first floor office while all three kids are running around.

Hit up the grocery store on the way home for some shore-up items for the pantry, it was a madhouse.5

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bananaquiter posted:

People who are worried about safety are happy, people who vote trump are ok with whatever trump does, and the remaining group of Americans are presumably confident they will be safe with their fully charged JO crystals theyve been hoarding for decades that they dont need to complain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

It's just the flu bro