Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Bonus Preview 3: Village Green posted:

The party's over! If not now, then soon, the previews will go down from dominion.games, and you will have to wait for the release to see them again - still estimated at March 18. Yet I soldier on. Today, another Reaction card.

Village Green is the Barge village, and also the Tunnel village. If you discard it when it's not your turn, take the "next" option, that's my advice; +Actions do not do much good when it's not your turn. As with Tunnel it doesn't have to be in your hand, it can be flipped over by a Fortune Teller or whatever. It even works when discarded from the Exile mat.

Bonus Preview 4: Alliance posted:

I guess it should be no surprise that some people wanted to see the teased cards; here's "province, a duchy":

You get all that stuff! You can't not take some of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Ten points for ten coins. Seems decent, especially if you've already just shuffled.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Bonus Preview 5 posted:

Here's another Event. They travel in pairs.

Sometimes, it's really a gamble. Sometimes you know what card is next. Sometimes you even just bought it.

Toil is such a cool event that I guess I can be excited for another one in a Vassal style.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
that actually seems like a no-brainer buy if you've got 2 coin to spare. It replaces its own buy, cycles your deck, might draw you a Gold or whatever...I guess there are some actions you'd rather have on next turn, but if your deck has a bunch of terminals and you snag one of those with Gamble...

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Another Poor House combo too. You no longer have any treasures in your hand by the time you're buying events...

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Finally my all Bank deck is going to shine.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Bonus Preview 5 posted:

If you were wondering what else Exile could do, here is one such thing.

This can pick away at piles like a Lurker, but the cards are all reserved for you, provided you someday manage to get one honestly. Or if you don't ever need to draw them, but want them sitting there, it will do that for you too. And it comes with the promise of a Gold.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Bonus Preview 7 posted:

I haven't forgotten you people who just wanted to see Ways. Here's another one.

Everything's a Horse! Handy if there are actions you don't want anymore, or never wanted, or if you're desperate.

At one point I will buy Marauder or Cultist w/ Way of the Horse on the board, and feel very stupid. Also, look at that majestic horse. It's beautiful.
Also, someone has leaked all of the card names for Menagerie. You can read through and guess what a card does based only on theme, that most reliable of indicators. Spoilered in case someone hates leaks.

Kingdom
$2
Black Cat
Sleigh
Supplies
$3
Camel Train
Goatherd
Scrap
Sheepdog
Snowy Village
Stockpile
$4
Bounty Hunter
Cardinal
Cavalry
Groom
Hostelry
Village Green
$5
Barge
Coven
Displace
Falconer
Fisherman
Gatekeeper
Hunting Lodge
Kiln
Livery
Mastermind
Paddock
Sanctuary
$6
Destrier
Wayfarer
$7
Animal Fair

Events
Delay
Desperation
Gamble
Pursue
Ride
Toil
Enhance
March
Transport
Banish
Bargain
Invest
Seize The Day
Commerce
Demand
Stampede
Reap
Enclave
Alliance
Populate

Ways
Butterfly
Camel
Chameleon
Frog
Goat
Horse
Mole
Monkey
Mouse
Mule
Otter
Owl
Ox
Pig
Rat
Seal
Sheep
Squirrel
Turtle
Worm

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
So every action is a one-shot Lab. Yet another Poor House combo!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

On its own it's not really a wombo combo. $1 and 1 buy is quite expensive for using a lab once. Experiment's $1.5 and half a buy was not great. It does rescue you if you didn't notice Poor House and bought a Remake (or what have you) and accidentally trashed all your Coppers into Poor Hice.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Could also be a good way to get rid of your Chapel once things are duly trashed.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Was thinking Death Cart, you either get 3 single use labs or at the very least you're less worried about not lining up your DC + ruin and being left with a residual ruin in your deck. And yeah, there's plenty of cards you are done with eventually (Chapel, Lookout, etc) and it provides a way to get rid of your cards at the end of a Wall game

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Also it makes any card that doesn't have a pile, like Necropolis, into a straight-up laboratory.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Bonus Preview 8 posted:

As I've been saying, many of the Ways are simple. Here are two vanilla ones.

What is there to say, that wasn't said better by the cards?

Extremely dull ways but I'm sure they have uses.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Mr. Squishy posted:

Extremely dull ways but I'm sure they have uses.

Dull, but I think Way of the Sheep could be something of an 'easy mode' that lets you smooth into golds if there are many terminals.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Magnetic North posted:

Dull, but I think Way of the Sheep could be something of an 'easy mode' that lets you smooth into golds if there are many terminals.

Other way around, since you're still playing an action as a terminal silver - this would be useful when you're overloaded on villages. Or even just when overdrawing in general, as long as you have the buys.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Those piggies are adorable! :3:

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Way of the Pig sounds absurd. Drew 2 terminals together? No you didn't. Village + Smithy is a power opener and buying a second Smithy on turn 3 has no risk.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Love that Way of Pig is directly thematically linked to Enchantress. Wonder if there is other stuff like that (e.g. Way of the Goat is likely a single card trasher)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Guy A. Person posted:

Love that Way of Pig is directly thematically linked to Enchantress. Wonder if there is other stuff like that (e.g. Way of the Goat is likely a single card trasher)

Way of the Rat isn't 1:1 with Rats but the association is pretty close.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Also way of the horse acts like a horse card. Speaking of

Bonus Preview 9 posted:

Here's another teased card: "5 or fewer."

Sadly the art doesn't show 5 horses

I can imagine this being a nice way to get around shuffle luck. Skip gaining a $5 card for 10 cards next go.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 15, 2020

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It’s basically just proportionally better /more expensive Expedition, although gaining actual cards can have different effects with TR/Remodel of course.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's also explicitly an early game boost with the 5 in play limit.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Trying to figure out how the hell my storage solution is going to accommodate Menagerie...I already split off Base treasure/victory/Landscape cards/etc into a separate card box...but my artist case is full to the brim just with the Kingdom cards. I think I may have to start pulling out certain Kingdom cards into that separate box too. Anything with a potion cost and maybe the removed First Edition cards?

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Toss all the Portrait orientation cards in the back of the closet except the Bluebacks. Acquire 15ish 10-stacks of blanks, and mark each stack a unique color. On setup, randomize a set from blue backs and assign each a color. Use blanks to play the game.

There, you just reduced your set from 5000 cards to a few hundred.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Elysium posted:

Toss all the Portrait orientation cards in the back of the closet except the Bluebacks. Acquire 15ish 10-stacks of blanks, and mark each stack a unique color. On setup, randomize a set from blue backs and assign each a color. Use blanks to play the game.

There, you just reduced your set from 5000 cards to a few hundred.

Rutibex alt spotted

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

quote:

rat horse rat horse rat horse

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Can’t wait to ride through my kingdom on a pile of rats!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

lol that is an amazing point. Honestly Rats is helped a lot by ways since they can potentially become useful or at least non-detrimental stuff in a lot of cases

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Bonus Preview 10 posted:

Another thing Exile can do is be mean.

This eats cards like a Knight, but you can get them all back, at least until the pile runs out. It's annoying, then more annoying, then you are hoping it hits your Duchies for you.

Hey it's the Bishop's lovely boss. From this we can further triangulate DXV's understanding of organised religion.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I was expecting the other kind of cardinal in the animal themed expansion.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Poopy Palpy posted:

I was expecting the other kind of cardinal in the animal themed expansion.

That should be an alt art promo

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Bonus Preview 11 posted:

It's the Event version of Cursed Gold. You can have more money, if you want it badly enough.

H2Omelon
Aug 31, 2009
Rulebook is up
http://riograndegames.com/getFile.php?id=2220

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Another Villa!

H2Omelon
Aug 31, 2009
10 of the ways are not shown in the rulebook (including Pig, Sheep and Ox) because they are so simple they do not need rules clarification, apparently. So we still don't know what Camel, Frog, Goat, Monkey, Mule, Otter and Worm do.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Yo gently caress Seize the Day. That event is gonna be so stupid when your opponent just ends the game over 2 consecutive turns and you don't even get to play.

What happens if your Opponent Donates, and then you Goatherd?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
"Some of the ways are very simple" is a great rulebook line

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

So wait...Way of the Mouse

When it says "any unused" action Kingdom card, does it mean from outside the current Kingdom? So as in any 2 or 3 cost card from any other set that you have available? And does each player get to choose that individually?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It's just a set up rule. Before the game starts, grab an 11th kingdom card that costs 2 or 3 (deciding however you want) and set it aside.

I wonder if they'll fix that typo by print lol.