Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Still, getting all the centrist candidates to drop out and support Biden right before Super Tuesday, with Warren staying in to split the progressive vote, was an impressive feat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
That was Barfsack coming down from the mountain for 10 minutes to actually make that happen.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
And he still picked the rotting zombie of his former VP who was only picked for the job as a nudge and wink to white racists that he didn't mean to do poo poo.

Just awe inspiring stupid short sighted politics.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Gonna hack into Biden's brain and have him pick Rashida Tlaib.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1239946058295398403

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

wills going real "C+/B- Film Student Major" with that Persona pick

And by "C+/B- Film Student Major" i mean me :v:

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Gonna hack into Biden's brain and have him pick Rashida Tlaib.

Israel would nuke DC during the inauguration if that happened and Biden won

although, wait, I guess Netanyahu lost the election, so maybe not

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Trump just forked Joe Biden, that much is certain.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/SenKamalaHarris/status/1239946668990246912

$500 less than Mitt loving Romney's pitch. It's amazing how pathetic they are.

Edit: This is for Families. Mitt pitched per person. It's even worse!

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 17, 2020

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

I mean not really. They've rallied around their weakest candidate for the General and clearly have no plan beyond getting Biden nominated. All they're really showing right now is the power they have over their institutions and permanently pundit poisoned core voter. Once they're outside that bubble they'll be completely lost.

their goal is not beating trump, it's retaining power and influence and that was a massive success for them.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Oddly enough, the plan by Cory Booker is way better

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Race Realists posted:

wills going real "C+/B- Film Student Major" with that Persona pick

And by "C+/B- Film Student Major" i mean me :v:
While Will is having a lark, I've found that watching trashy post-apoc movies from the 80s, which I love, is very cathartic in a way that The Stand is not.

The all time best are 2019: After the Fall of New York, 1990: The Bronx Warriors, Bronx Warriors 2: Escape from the Bronx, and finally, Hands of Steel, about an arm-wrestling cyborg who goes on the run after he fails to assassinate Bernie Sanders.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

While Will is having a lark, I've found that watching trashy post-apoc movies from the 80s, which I love, is very cathartic in a way that The Stand is not.

The all time best are 2019: After the Fall of New York, 1990: The Bronx Warriors, Bronx Warriors 2: Escape from the Bronx, and finally, Hands of Steel, about an arm-wrestling cyborg who goes on the run after he fails to assassinate Bernie Sanders.

those all sound like they'll be on RedLetterMedia's Best Of The Worst within a month

https://twitter.com/skylerforsenate/status/1237944946574929922

"Progressives"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Race Realists posted:

those all sound like they'll be on RedLetterMedia's Best Of The Worst within a month
I'll never know if that's the case.

Dead End Drive In and Streets of Fire are also propicks, but they're not pastapocalypse movies.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

I'll never know if that's the case.

Dead End Drive In and Streets of Fire are also propicks, but they're not pastapocalypse movies.

like I can literally hear the Rich Evans laugh in my mind from those titles (Not Streets of Fire. I love that movie) alone.

Still gonna watch. thanks for the recommendations!

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 17, 2020

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Race Realists posted:

hands of steel actually is already. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5PnYARAyUw&t=2410s

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Race Realists posted:

Still gonna watch. thanks for the recommendations!
I forgot to mention that you can find most of this stuff on either Tubi or Amazon Prime (which has a remarkable collection of obscure trash and in amazing quality to boot).

If you liked SoF you are pretty much guaranteed to like Dead End Drive In.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1239954759110602752?s=20

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Harassment mob coordinators and anti-abortion activists, Matt and Elizabeth Bruenig, just can't refrain from attacking female candidates of colour even after they've dropped out. Shameful.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

I remember renting "Hands of Steel" as a kid because the poster art made it look so, so much cooler that the dreary, crappy movie it was.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The gently caress kind of name is Cloyd

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

oh boy, our choices are going to be DEMONrats "socially liberal, fiscally conservative" and reTHUGlicans "socially conservative, fiscally liberal" in 2024 (if we make it that far)

death to america

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
Anybody listened to that first episode of Blowback? They went all out with an opening skit by H Jon Benhamin and James Adomian, but overall didn't like the final product. They go through the 2003 Bush cabinet so quickly, just machine gunning information. They're trying to fit jokes in but they don't get time to land. Overproduced.

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night
That was not actually the first episode - the description says ‘primer’ not ‘premiere’, and it’s listed as episode 0 on the Stitcher site. I assume the actual episodes will be given more room to breathe.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Heath posted:

The gently caress kind of name is Cloyd

Middle/Upper Class White People to Lower Income White People: "lul durrhurr rednecx:downs:"

Middle/Upper Class PoCs to Lower Income PoCs: *that one chris rock standup that Middle/Upper Class White People really seem to love for some reason :iiam:*

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

T-man posted:

oh boy, our choices are going to be DEMONrats "socially liberal, fiscally conservative" and reTHUGlicans "socially conservative, fiscally liberal" in 2024 (if we make it that far)

death to america

:black101:DEMONTHUG:black101: (original character do not steal)

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 17, 2020

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gonzo McFee posted:

I mean not really. They've rallied around their weakest candidate for the General and clearly have no plan beyond getting Biden nominated. All they're really showing right now is the power they have over their institutions and permanently pundit poisoned core voter. Once they're outside that bubble they'll be completely lost.

The media is absolutely going to turn on Biden the moment Bernie is out of the picture. It's going to be hilarious and may even give Bernie a good excuse to run 3rd party.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

The Dems really do seem quite pleased to just play fake resistance team forever, grabbing checks from capital and fundraising from panicky assholes who are still laughing at all the ways you can call Trump an orange. loving trash earth hell world.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

Still, getting all the centrist candidates to drop out and support Biden right before Super Tuesday, with Warren staying in to split the progressive vote, was an impressive feat.

poo poo always rolls downhill

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1240070236801507328

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Nothing means anything anymore. History doesn't exist. Words are just sounds.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Halloween Jack posted:

The all time best are...Bronx Warriors 2: Escape from the Bronx

AKA MST3K 7x05: Escape 2000.

LEAVE THE BRONX.

YOU ARE ORDERED TO *LEAVE THE BRONX*

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

These people should not just have their votes INVERTED, but they should be killed publicly to serve as a warning to other would-be low-information voters that polluting the democratic process has loving consequences now.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Apoplexy posted:

These people should not just have their votes INVERTED, but they should be killed publicly to serve as a warning to other would-be low-information voters that polluting the democratic process has loving consequences now.

PARODY PARODY

IN THE GAME

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
In Minecraft, yes.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

is minecraft a retro game yet

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

T-man posted:

It came out on the 360, so it will become retro later this year when the new Xbox comes out

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

T-man posted:

It’s over 10 years old so yes.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
how many emergency addresses to the nation do you think hillary clinton has made to her bathroom mirror this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
someone post that image of skeleton lich Joe sitting atop a pile of boomer skulls, I need it.