Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Here's a fun one people don't think about often: mail is disgusting. People lick the envelopes and then it all gets mixed together with everyone else's mail and handled/sneezed on by postal workers. Don't open it where you eat, and wash your hands after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
And now it’s the Chinese Virus.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1239889767267008512

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

lmao

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

"I know poo poo's bad right now, but this Cumo guy is a big stinky poop." - Mr. President of the United States, State of the Union 2020

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

This is why it's pointless to kiss Trump's rear end like Cuomo just did. He will STILL be a absolute piece of poo poo. I hope the states understand the Fed is going to let them down completely on this and they need act as independently as possible.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Italy should just stop testing people/corpses, then there won't me any new cases

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Oh gently caress yeah I just got laid!!

off

corowna'ed

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

thinking about shaving off all my body hair

Post pics afterwards.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is maybe the most blatant display of racism from Trump ever?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Calling it a chinese virus put people with asian ancestors in risk to suffer the consequence of racism.
It may also enforce the wrong feeling that "the virus is there, not here" that will catch people off guard.

Trump say a lot of moron things every day, but seems decided to double down latelly.

Virus have not nationally, for them we are just humans. We are togueter agaist a common enemy, the virus.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

I said come in! posted:

Post pics afterwards.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

what a missed opportunity to called it the "china syndrome"

which is when a nuclear reactor goes supercritical, melts through the whole planet, and winds up on the other side

see, this would have been clever racism
oh well

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Earwicker posted:

... but many of the changes it will make to our society will last for the rest of our lives

No they won't.

Never underestimate humanities power to not give a gently caress a month after a crisis is over.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Old Boot posted:

To me, it's more that it seems fitting. I quit smoking, pull my life out of the gutter, get past a lot of ADHD quirks holding me back. It's the perfect time to get glassed by a loving virus, lol.
oh well

I feel that for sure. My mental health has improved a lot in the last few years, I've lost a bunch of weight, cut way back on drinking, etc. A lot of it has come from keeping myself busy with projects, hobbies, and fun side jobs. Not feeling great with almost all of that going away.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

poverty goat posted:

Here's a fun one people don't think about often: mail is disgusting. People lick the envelopes and then it all gets mixed together with everyone else's mail and handled/sneezed on by postal workers. Don't open it where you eat, and wash your hands after.

I open the mail for my office and it will be here any minute!!! I'm so excited!!! Thank you for your good post about restaraunts, I screenshotted and shared it.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
If the PRC is going to go all in on the virus just happened to be found in Wuhan, like a lost puppy that wandered in from some other place, then I'm not going to get worked up about people calling it the "Chinese Virus".

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
My dad wants to do a big family gathering this weekend and it's gonna become something about sensitive millennials when I decline

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Casual racism: It's cool again!

Maybe we should have higher expectations for the President's conduct.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Io_ posted:

If the PRC is going to go all in on the virus just happened to be found in Wuhan, like a lost puppy that wandered in from some other place, then I'm not going to get worked up about people calling it the "Chinese Virus".

Some people (the president of the United States)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Rat posted:

My dad wants to do a big family gathering this weekend and it's gonna become something about sensitive millennials when I decline

Go and start coughing over the BBQ then say just kidding, gotcha boomers!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lambert posted:

Maybe we should have higher expectations for the President's conduct.

We do, but there's no consequences for him to be openly racist.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Lambert posted:

In this particular case, because the CCP is attempting to claim it came from elsewhere, it's not entirely inappropriate to keep mentioning it came from China. Which is, admittedly, not necessarily why Donald Trump is doing it...

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow

Google Butt posted:

Go and start coughing over the BBQ then say just kidding, gotcha boomers!
When I saw him this weekend he coughed in my face as a joke. He gives no fucks about this. I'm trying to keep people like him from getting sick and dying and it's not something they're taking seriously at all. I had to repeatedly shoot down his idea of cheap travel while his work is in a downturn.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Warbadger posted:

In this particular case, because the CCP is attempting to claim it came from elsewhere, it's not entirely inappropriate to keep mentioning it came from China. Which is, admittedly, not necessarily why Donald Trump is doing it...

I imagine you would probably feel differently if you were Chinese and living in America

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Do people actually bother to inform their doctor when they are fine again after having been tested positively with only mild symptoms?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Baller Time posted:

Do people actually bother to inform their doctor when they are fine again after having been tested positively with only mild symptoms?

Bold of you to assume most people have a doctor.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Google Butt posted:

I imagine you would probably feel differently if you were Chinese and living in America

Probably not, actually, unless I were also a nationalist. Or read it as Trump saying only ethnic Chinese carry the virus or something, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Earwicker posted:

im 42 and ive never seen anything close to this happen during my life and also as a lover of history this is just... not really true. will the virus last forever? no but many of the changes it will make to our society will last for the rest of our lives

And humanity moves on with life. You are a crappy student of history if you haven't noticed that pattern.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Warbadger posted:

gently caress you

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Warbadger posted:

Probably not, actually, unless I were also a nationalist. Or read it as Trump saying only ethnic Chinese carry the virus or something, which doesn't seem to be the case.

seriously get hosed you absolute jackoff

if you think you're being the remotest bit clever please do us a favor and cleave in your skull with a tire iron

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Warbadger posted:

Probably not, actually, unless I were also a nationalist.

lol, the words of a man who has never been within a mile of profiling in his life.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
It's from the animal kingdom, gently caress the animal kingdom

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Warbadger posted:

Are you aware that there is actual ethnic hostility occuring already and that calling "the Chinese Virus" exacerbates this? That he doesn't need to explicitly say "Chinese carry the virus" for people to infer that intent and act on it?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Beep boop, why bad if people associate an ethnicity with huge bad thing a lot??? What could happen??

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Bread Liar
god dammit the stupid loving number is green again, this stupid country

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
not that it needs to be said - it doesn't matter where it came from now. the problem is dealing with the reality in front of us, caring for the ill, supporting those harmed by the closures and ensuring that we come out of this OK. not deflecting blame, saying it's not our fault or our problem, or engaging in ridiculously embarrassing overt displays of racism

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Mozi posted:

not that it needs to be said - it doesn't matter where it came from now. the problem is dealing with the reality in front of us, caring for the ill, supporting those harmed by the closures and ensuring that we come out of this OK. not deflecting blame, saying it's not our fault or our problem, or engaging in ridiculously embarrassing overt displays of racism

Don't worry, that poster upthread says they wouldn't be concerned about the racism if they were Chinese in America, so we're covered

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Warbadger posted:

What? Why does it matter at all.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
I'm spending my Covid-19 government checks on drugs exclusively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
In the end, what everyone made fun of Andrew Yang for becomes a reality.