Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/1239932001987317760

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If you wanted to make people less bored, then why did you publish an episode of Graduation

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Are they still all trapped on a cruise ship

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

hey the last 15 minutes of this actually showed some promise

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Looks like they canceled a bunch of tour dates

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Connecticut's show was postponed. Sort of wish they cancelled to give us the option of a refund if we can't make the new date.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
More bored Travis streams on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCYzc_vO7RY

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh god... A bottled up Travis with nothing to do but make videos.

If the virus doesn't get us, this might.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Everytime I see a photo or video of the guy, he’s uhhhh, something

I didn’t mind the newest episode of graduation though I listened to it while running so wasn’t completely invested

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

I know I’m way behind everyone else when it comes to TAZ, but I’m making my way through the last 10 episodes of Amnesty and over the past like, 3, it’s actively made me want to stop listening entirely. The monster hunting concept of it felt like it was the biggest case of squandered potential ever and the plot lines itself were never as fun as Balance, but I felt like it had good aspects to it that made it enjoyable enough to keep going.

But these last few episodes feel like they have completely released all dramatic tension that the show managed to build up to at that point and now it’s back to everyone constantly being separated and hammy pre-recorded narrations and I find myself just impossibly bored. Is there anything worthwhile left to it or should o just skip to Graduation (which everyone also seems to hate)?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Reaverbot posted:

I know I’m way behind everyone else when it comes to TAZ, but I’m making my way through the last 10 episodes of Amnesty and over the past like, 3, it’s actively made me want to stop listening entirely. The monster hunting concept of it felt like it was the biggest case of squandered potential ever and the plot lines itself were never as fun as Balance, but I felt like it had good aspects to it that made it enjoyable enough to keep going.

But these last few episodes feel like they have completely released all dramatic tension that the show managed to build up to at that point and now it’s back to everyone constantly being separated and hammy pre-recorded narrations and I find myself just impossibly bored. Is there anything worthwhile left to it or should o just skip to Graduation (which everyone also seems to hate)?

FWIW, I liked the final arc because the crew was together a lot more. What part are you on?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think in the future the boys would be better served holding off on the big picture plot until they get an arc or two under their belt. It just feels like a lot to ask of this crew to get used to their characters, their new setting, and also sowing the seeds for the big deal a year or two down the road.

I know other series can handle this better, and that's okay! I just think the first two months of a new arc should be adventuring and goofs to find their footing, and give the DM some time to make some decisions behind the curtain.

I'm still steamed we didnt get more use of the crew's secret basement base in Amnesty.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I gave up on the final arc of Amnesty after the gang decided to be best friends with the murderous lynch mob who showed no remorse for their attempted hate crimes.

I'm hoping Graduation gives us actual bad guys instead of just another faceless evil entity. Griffin wouldn't even let John Hunger be evil by the end of Balance.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The best part is they even acknowledged that they tried to jump into the deep end too quick on Amnesty and the literal first episode of Graduation throws a million characters at the listener and begs them to make them their new favs.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

The best part is they even acknowledged that they tried to jump into the deep end too quick on Amnesty and the literal first episode of Graduation throws a million characters at the listener and begs them to make them their new favs.

I was very glad at the start of the new ep when Griff asked for a reminder as to who the gently caress Benedict was.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Crowetron posted:

I was very glad at the start of the new ep when Griff asked for a reminder as to who the gently caress Benedict was.

He’s the guy who runs the school for sharp faced boys

Also is an American Man

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Travis will die from these quarantine regulations.

Either the boredom will disintegrate him, or his wife will murder him.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Did anyone watch the Black Jack instructional video?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Tears In A Vial posted:

Did anyone watch the Black Jack instructional video?

I skipped ahead and landed on a frame where the Ace of Clubs had been replaced by a portrait of Travis's face, does that count?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

at one point in the new TAZ, travis says 'I don't care how boring this is for the listeners...'

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tears In A Vial posted:

at one point in the new TAZ, travis says 'I don't care how boring this is for the listeners...'

But if it's boring for the listeners, then the listeners won't pay attention to him and his many exciting characters and how great Travis is.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All that aside, I enjoyed this week's episode! Fearbolg is an excellent jokesman.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Chieves posted:

FWIW, I liked the final arc because the crew was together a lot more. What part are you on?

That episode where all of the PCs and NPCs were stuck in the same building was some of my favorite material they've done.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

wizzardstaff posted:

I skipped ahead and landed on a frame where the Ace of Clubs had been replaced by a portrait of Travis's face, does that count?

Hah, I did the exact same thing and landed in the same place

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Tears In A Vial posted:

It was also one of the better episodes.

Clint was rolling hot!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I think I'm more positive about graduation than I was about amnesty, it's telling though that travis had to remind everyone of a character who is supposedly one of the party's closest friends

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Yeah he really hosed up by making every single teacher quirky and unique to the point where there's over a dozen npcs shotgunned at the players and audience over the course of a couple episodes. Should've been drip-fed, only a few per semester memorable/important enough to mention.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Zero One posted:

Oh god... A bottled up Travis with nothing to do but make videos.

If the virus doesn't get us, this might.
he's probably the most hustling of the brothers when it comes to setting up side gigs so i'm not surprised he's trying to find a way to keep the creative energy flowing even if it's as banal as blackjack tips

he used a MBMBAM deck so there were also cards for griffin and a haunted doll. the griffin card was nightmarish

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

travis is making 'beer bread' on camera and it consisted of:

- mixing beer and stuff with a coffee cake mix
- putting the dough in a loaf pan
- pouring one cup of butter directly on top of it without mixing (???????????????????????????????)
- putting it in the oven

i had to turn it off

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

The 7th Guest posted:

he used a MBMBAM deck so there were also cards for griffin and a haunted doll. the griffin card was nightmarish

I hope the joker card is the clown box

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

eke out posted:

- pouring one cup of butter directly on top of it without mixing (???????????????????????????????)
- putting it in the oven

i had to turn it off

He's no Adam Ragusea

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

eke out posted:

- putting it in the oven

i had to turn it off

That’s exactly how you make beer bread except for the coffee cake mix. I have no idea on that part.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

The butter makes the crust crunchy.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

eke out posted:

- putting it in the oven

i had to turn it off

That's how you make beer bread though

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

change my name posted:

That's how you make beer bread though

drat i just googled this and y'all are right, i had no idea that "pour a ton of butter on top without mixing" was a feature and not a bug.

my apologies to travis for assuming this was a Travis Thing

eke out fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 18, 2020

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Chieves posted:

I think it's right before they're about to start "doing stuff"? Like the last three episodes have been a clipshow, and then two episodes of them apart wandering around town and talking to people to try to convince them to get their help or just to spend time.

I dunno, I'm going to keep hacking away at it. It just sort of infuriates me that there was this gigantic buildup in the previous arc where everything was going wrong culimnating in Ned dying and then they randomly jumped ahead literal months and for the past 3 episodes almost no reference to that fact has been made and it feels like Griffin has been feeding them through a tunnel towards the final battle.

I'll probably stick it out, I guess I just wanted to vent because it felt like a really big moment that ended up being a total wet fart tossed aside so that the main plot, which I admit hasn't been all that interesting thus far compared to balance, could be focused on

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Crowetron posted:

I gave up on the final arc of Amnesty after the gang decided to be best friends with the murderous lynch mob who showed no remorse for their attempted hate crimes.

I'm hoping Graduation gives us actual bad guys instead of just another faceless evil entity. Griffin wouldn't even let John Hunger be evil by the end of Balance.

Griffin's storytelling style seems to lean towards a very idealistic, Steven Universe-y moral core where there is no such thing as a fundamentally bad person and everyone can feasibly be redeemed down the line, regardless of what they've done. I'm not sure if it's also the case for Travis, but given how his setting gives entirely new definitions to the word "villain" and "evil", and how the mine arc ended, I'm going to go on a limb and say yes.

I don't personally mind it but I can see how it might not be everyone's bag.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hey was this week's MBMBaM the first YaDrew in a while? Feels like I haven't seen Drew pop up in a good bit.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
im pretty pissed off about the state of things of right now and could use a good evil person to kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Was drew one of the ones upset with the smirl drama?