Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Yeah but they've still got their full firepower.

Only Dabi :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

A Bug posted:

I think Hawks' empathy for Twice and his situation is the only thing keeping him from just sucker-punching to knock him out as soon as the raid starts before he can become a problem.

He hesitated long enough for Twice to start his Sad Man's Parade, so he's already becoming a problem.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I feel like saying "You're going to jail for having a good Quirk" is a massive downplay of what the League had been doing. Remember Snatch? Bakugo being kidnapped? Collaboration with the Yakuza? Literally all of MVA?

It's not an SA thread without at least one goon contorting themselves into a contrarian pretzel

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Remember: if Twice clones someone with a Quirk capable of defense, they could still shield themselves and that massively increases their durability!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Junpei posted:

Remember: if Twice clones someone with a Quirk capable of defense, they could still shield themselves and that massively increases their durability!

I wonder if a regenerative quirk would increase a clone's durability?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I kinda wanna say Twice doesn't make it out of this because this raid is almost certainly going sideways and will likely not end in the heroes' favor at one of the locations at the very least. If the heroes take the brunt of the losses here the power dynamic flips far too hard to the villains if Twice is still around since losses of the PLA mooks don't mean much with a clone machine around.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fabricated posted:

I kinda wanna say Twice doesn't make it out of this because this raid is almost certainly going sideways and will likely not end in the heroes' favor at one of the locations at the very least. If the heroes take the brunt of the losses here the power dynamic flips far too hard to the villains if Twice is still around since losses of the PLA mooks don't mean much with a clone machine around.

There are four de-quirk bullets right? There are also four regiments... what do you bet each regiment has one de-quirk bullet Just In Case?

I definitely could see Twice get de-quirked, both at once freeing him from the psychological pain of his quirk and also severely emotionally harming him that he can't help the League anymore.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

There are four de-quirk bullets right? There are also four regiments... what do you bet each regiment has one de-quirk bullet Just In Case?

I definitely could see Twice get de-quirked, both at once freeing him from the psychological pain of his quirk and also severely emotionally harming him that he can't help the League anymore.

They gave the bullets to the doctor, who will either find a way to mass produce them, or(personal theory here) find a way to extract Eri's quirk and give it to Shigaraki(or keep it for All For One).

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

twice losing his quirk is about the only way I could see him pulling a heel turn

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eraserhead will survive because of course, with that Quirk, but everyone else is Killer Queen fodder for Shigaraki.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm still wondering how things are going to go sideways for Deku and the others in the third location evacuating the city. You gotta give them a fight too, but we already know where most of the villains are at this point.

I think the only unaccounted ones right now are Spinner and Gigantomachia?

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I think Dabi is going to come to his senses and rejoin Endeavor and undo all the damage Shoto did to Endeavor's psyche in recent arcs

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dabis gonna kill twice

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Kild posted:

dabis gonna kill twice

But only after Twice stops him from killing Hawks.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dabi will think that Twice is the double agent and save his good buddy Hawks from him.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

My prediction for the superhero comic is that the character named Dabi will set someone on fire while being very edgy.

LunarCress
Feb 7, 2015

I think part of of the issue is the fact we're dealing explicitly with the issue of incarceration, which is a very very messy subject both in universe and irl, whereas most shonen punch battles end in the bad guy running away, becoming friends, or dying.

EDIT: Other annoying things about incarceration; it's spelling apparently.

LunarCress fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 17, 2020

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Kild posted:

dabis gonna kill twice

dabis gonna kill twice, twice, thrice, or however many times it takes.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

LunarCress posted:

I think part of of the issue is the fact we're dealing explicitly with the issue of incarnation, which is a very very messy subject both in universe and irl, whereas most shonen punch battles end in the bad guy running away, becoming friends, or dying.

Do you mean 'incarceration'?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can't wait for Shigaraki to be taken off to Arkham Asylum, which he will then take over and force Izuku to go through the island, fighting goons and collecting Compress Trophies.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Funky Valentine posted:

I can't wait for Shigaraki to be taken off to Arkham Asylum, which he will then take over and force Izuku to go through the island, fighting goons and collecting Compress Trophies.

Capsules. Compress Capsules.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Funky Valentine posted:

In fact I'm pretty sure that Twice is the only member of the OG League where we don't know if he's killed anyone.

Do you think all the Twice clones that all the other Twice clones murdered in his backstory count as murder

I think they do emotionally but not legally

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Funky Valentine posted:

I know this is a joke, but I kind of want an MHA Arkham game now. Maybe with a combat system where the more you keep your combo going, the more of OfA Midoriya can tap into.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I know this is a joke, but I kind of want an MHA Arkham game now. Maybe with a combat system where the more you keep your combo going, the more of OfA Midoriya can tap into.

Do you take damage if you exceed a certain OfA%?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Maybe upper percentages are locked off as upgrades you get with more EXP.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Give him different fighting styles too(regular, Shoot Style, Airshooter Style).

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

super moves include using Blackwhip, Infinite 100%, etc.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Alopex posted:

Do you think all the Twice clones that all the other Twice clones murdered in his backstory count as murder

I think they do emotionally but not legally

If popping a twice clone counted as murder then Aizawa and Mirko would have some poo poo to answer for.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I had an idea for an MHA action game where Todoroki's gimmick was that he had a "Hot/Cold Scale". It increased to one end or the other if you used a lot of ice or fire attacks in a row, and at both extremes, he starts to take damage, so you need to balance his ice attacks with his flame attacks to make sure he doesn't get hypothermia or a bad fever.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I'm rooting for the bad-guys here (mostly LoV but I'm a little in the MLA's corner too) because, in the face of the overwhelming power and coordination of the state apparatus (one we've been shown again and again isn't particularly fantastic) I'm inclined to care more about the ones being unequivocally framed as under-dogs. Anytime the heroes are in the same position, sure, go Team Hero, just to be clear. But anyway, maybe this is one of those "start with the Heroes winning so the Villains can turn it in Act II"-things, but one-sided crushings aren't really that interesting to me.

Not really sure the series will ever execute on the whole "actually this society kinda' sucks"-subtext because at the end of the day it's a Shonen and it doesn't have the time to dive too deep into this sort of grey-area deconstruction when it has Villain/Hero fight-pairings to resolve for the bulk of each ark (or adorable/excellent slice-of-life scenes to work though in-between arcs). We're given a little moment of "hmm maybe X has a point / maybe X is sympathetic" every other arc or so, but I doubt it'll ever be the focus. At the end of the day, the villains are villains and the logic of the genera dictates they'll lose, either dying or being imprisoned, and the best we can expect is a "the system will be better if we change its leadership"-beat at the end, i.e.: Deku & Co. as the generation aware that things aren't as good as they could be, so they'll try to make them better.

basically I'm mostly with Mystic Mongol here,

Mystic Mongol posted:

If the happy ending at the end of the series is all the bad guys go to jail and all the good guys have cake, I'm gonna be mad disappointed.

Which is fine, I guess. It's fine, if a little disappointing.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

KazigluBey posted:

I'm rooting for the bad-guys here (mostly LoV but I'm a little in the MLA's corner too) because, in the face of the overwhelming power and coordination of the state apparatus (one we've been shown again and again isn't particularly fantastic) I'm inclined to care more about the ones being unequivocally framed as under-dogs. Anytime the heroes are in the same position, sure, go Team Hero, just to be clear. But anyway, maybe this is one of those "start with the Heroes winning so the Villains can turn it in Act II"-things, but one-sided crushings aren't really that interesting to me.

Not really sure the series will ever execute on the whole "actually this society kinda' sucks"-subtext because at the end of the day it's a Shonen and it doesn't have the time to dive too deep into this sort of grey-area deconstruction when it has Villain/Hero fight-pairings to resolve for the bulk of each ark (or adorable/excellent slice-of-life scenes to work though in-between arcs). We're given a little moment of "hmm maybe X has a point / maybe X is sympathetic" every other arc or so, but I doubt it'll ever be the focus. At the end of the day, the villains are villains and the logic of the genera dictates they'll lose, either dying or being imprisoned, and the best we can expect is a "the system will be better if we change its leadership"-beat at the end, i.e.: Deku & Co. as the generation aware that things aren't as good as they could be, so they'll try to make them better.

basically I'm mostly with Mystic Mongol here,

Which is fine, I guess. It's fine, if a little disappointing.

What is LoV's end goal that justifies murdering so many people?

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Having an interesting story about the nature of what's good and what's evil and not just a story where the good use unrestricted violence on the evil and then win.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good guys can't use unrestricted violence on human villains. That is one of the main points of the series.

Miruko merked the Noumu cause they were corpses but she would never have done that to actual living villains.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

There was also that guy from the last arc who kidnapped Natsuo just to try and get Endeavor to kill him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Maybe it's the villains who are the real heroes, and vice versa

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The real villain is this thread

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If there's a war, who are the real heroes and villains?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

socialsecurity posted:

What is LoV's end goal that justifies murdering so many people?

Yeah, all those British soldiers killed because those colonists didn't want to pay their taxes! Greedy shits, killing good men over money. The revolution was unjustified.

Whether or not the death of others for political ends is justified basically depends on what you do with the power afterwards. Shigaraki's been talking out of both sides of his mouth on that issue...

Toga is bad at pattern recognition.

...so I'm not really anticipating the Paranormal Liberation Front to enact a universal basic income and nationalize the banks. But society's crushing down so hard that the liberation army managed to recruit one hundred fifteen thousand people, willing to fight and kill and die for the right to use their quirks. Punching them good is not the end of that problem.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Is there a ‘MURRCAH equivalent to Godwin’s Law?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I'd be more inclined to buy this all as a legitimate goal if there wasn't a very prominent shot of a baby in that scene of Shigaraki saying he wants to 'destroy everything'.

'Acceptable loses' and 'Murder anyone we want while obliterating society' aren't the same thing.