Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Eiba posted:

In character creation it asks you to "chose a style" instead of gender, and emphasizes that you can change your style any time.

What a wholesome game.

extremely blessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
does anybody know wha the dimensions of the design grid are this time around? i'd like to start picking out some pixel art ahead of time

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Can’t wait for the angry NINTENDO AGAIN ARE BEING SJWS!!! videos to crop back up

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Clocks posted:

Oh and I'm a huge fan of genders not really seeming to matter? I watched a video on the start and you choose between a boy/girl-looking avatar, but then the person chose a boy and "female" hairstyles/eyes etc were all available, and I remember seeing passport cards and they don't mention a gender. On top of animals having a nametag based on their primary color, that's some dope stuff. (I'm not even nonbinary or anything, and I don't want to make it a big deal, I just think it's a cool feature in a game that's about expressing yourself.)

it's very good, your passport is literally 'chose your style' rather than gender and from there all hair/clothes/whatever can be worn by anyone. It's a fittingly wholesome way to handle your lovely island vacation life.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I never like the gyroids very much so I'm not that upset to see them go

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1239954966015627269?s=20

I didn't want to go outside anyway.

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe

Kaethela posted:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I think this is the only game where I'd like a separate thread for datamining spoilers

Ivan Dolvich
Oct 14, 2004

Shit bag. I use all ammunition for weapon

So I just ordered my partner a Switch lite. We're planning on playing Animal crossing together and I've read there are some restrictions on that and also having multiple switches in the same household. I figure we'll have to get 2 copies of any game we would want to play together at the same time (assuming we each play on our own switch), including Animal Crossing. But for other games, does anyone know the best way to set it up so that we can play the games I already own on both machines (not at same time)? I read some stuff about setting a primary switch but it was a bit confusing. Also, we each have a profile on my current switch, can we use the same profiles on the new one? And how does that work for games we have 2 copies of? Does one have to be bought with each profile?

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

aw man without gyroids how am I gonna get weird hoots and yells for the dental torture themed basement

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kaethela posted:

M-mods???

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Kaethela posted:

The only thing that makes me sad about gyroids being out is that fellow goons who enjoy them cannot have them. Maybe try sticking your ACNL cart in the Switch and see if they download? Please don't.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I won't be missing gyroids when I go to dig up fossils after it rains and all the cracks are actually fossils.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ivan Dolvich posted:

So I just ordered my partner a Switch lite. We're planning on playing Animal crossing together and I've read there are some restrictions on that and also having multiple switches in the same household. I figure we'll have to get 2 copies of any game we would want to play together at the same time (assuming we each play on our own switch), including Animal Crossing. But for other games, does anyone know the best way to set it up so that we can play the games I already own on both machines (not at same time)? I read some stuff about setting a primary switch but it was a bit confusing. Also, we each have a profile on my current switch, can we use the same profiles on the new one? And how does that work for games we have 2 copies of? Does one have to be bought with each profile?

All right, by far the easiest way to share games between you is to get them physical. Pass them back and forth as you like. Your save is stored locally on your Switch, easy peasy.

If the games are digital, it's a bit trickier but doable. You're correct that you'd have to designate a Switch as your primary. Whichever Switch is the primary would not need an Internet connection to load a game. Ideally, that should be the Switch Lite, as it's the portable one. Your dockable Switch is more likely to have an Internet connection. So, for a game you want to share, the primary user has to buy it. Then, any secondary accounts on that Switch can play that game. If the non-primary account bought a game, only that account can play it.

Does that make sense?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ivan Dolvich posted:

If you want to try and share digital games you need to have one person's profile as the "primary" account. That account needs to have the other person's switch as it's main/master/home console (I can't remember the term they use) and then that switch can play any of the digital games bought by that account on any profile on that console.

The switch which you keep with just the original account on then has to be connected to the internet to play any digital games at all because there will be a constant license check, since it isn't the main switch for that account anymore.

If you want to buy a copy of a digital game for each switch then yeah you'd need to buy them on different profiles.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

It's worth noting that it may become drastically more complicated if you do any of this after you both have started ACNH. The game doesn't simply save like other games since your Switch console itself will hold the island, but the profile you're logged into will be like the "players" you chose in ACNL.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I'm glad this is coming out Friday because I'm already going insane from working from home and it's been two days.

I hope everyone gets their fruit tree of choice. Oranges represent

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Oh hey thank you for the tag. I love gangs, being in gangs, and gang-related activities

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

watch out for that animal crossing gang. they WILL bring you fruit and they WILL give you gifts and you won't be able to do much about it if you're in their (infinite) neighborhood(s)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Eiba posted:

Second, one complaint that really struck me was someone who said the camping aspect of the game was far too brief. I'll be playing this game as "fully featured" Animal Crossing for years, but I'll only have a few days to stare at the distant cliffs and wonder what I might find there. Skipping past that feels like it's missing on the full spectrum of experiences this game has to offer. You'll always be able to build stuff and mess with your island, but you'll never be able to make it feel new or unknown again.

Not everyone would get a lot out of that feeling, and there are people who would enjoy the game more by just getting to the "good stuff" as soon as possible, so by all means time travel away if you'll have more fun that way.

But it's worth considering why that delay is in the game and if it has something to add, even for the obsessive player.

Most of that new feeling, for me, has already been explored through previews. I already robbed myself of the fresh feeling simply by choosing to have watched so much advertising and previews.

As for playing as intended, there's some merit to that. 2 weeks ago I had no intention to TT outside of making sure I'm behind a few hours for my schedule. This week, however, I am in a very different mental state. I already have to pass time one day at a time and wake up each morning to find out how much worse things have gotten. Presumably, this weekend will be much more stressful than the last. Certainly there are other games and activities to escape to but AC is the only one that is my sanctuary. It's the weighted blanket of videogames. I'm binging this poo poo, the intentions of prepocalypse developers be damned!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

alarumklok posted:

I'm glad this is coming out Friday because I'm already going insane from working from home and it's been two days.

I hope everyone gets their fruit tree of choice. Oranges represent

Unsure what fruit I would like to have. Cherries or peaches would be the most thematic for an Island called Le BonZone, but I'm not terribly picky. For native fruit I've had Pears, Apples, and Cherries in the past. Something different might be nice, but again, not fussed.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

It's probably available somewhere, but I'm lazy: do we get to choose tropical fruits as our native fruit this time around? I am big choosing mangoes if so.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I will be ok with whichever fruit I get, all fruits are equal in my eyes.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Just began preloading, I wish they would just drop it already. What is a measly two days come on 'tendo

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe
Millions of peaches
Peaches for me
Millions of peaches
Peaches for free

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I disliked gyroids because there was a limit on how many could be playing at a time. I wanted my attic to be a cacophony of chirps, bells, and whistles!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

LODGE NORTH posted:

It's probably available somewhere, but I'm lazy: do we get to choose tropical fruits as our native fruit this time around? I am big choosing mangoes if so.

if we can choose then i def would want mangoes, yeah. favorite fruit, hands-down.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

prepuce repurposed posted:

does anybody know wha the dimensions of the design grid are this time around? i'd like to start picking out some pixel art ahead of time

welp the new leaf grid was 15 x 15, and i heard somewhere that the new grid is four times that size so 60 x60???? i hope what i heard was true

:sickos:

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

*imagines a highly detailed goatse flag unfurling over my rooftop* :patriot:

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Mangos are the best fruit but I used to have a papaya tree in my backyard until a hurricane knocked it down so that would have been very cool to have in AC.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Infinitum posted:

It is done.

I am still waiting on my tag, perhaps it was lost in the shuffle. May I please have a raccoon goon tag?

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I've only played New Leaf but what's the deal with the fruit again? Are some worth more than others or is it simply aesthetic preference?

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Winklebottom posted:

I've only played New Leaf but what's the deal with the fruit again? Are some worth more than others or is it simply aesthetic preference?

I think it's just aesthetic

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea, pure aesthetic, it's just native vs non-native fruit when it comes to sales and all.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for your own island it's mainly aesthetics. fruits from other people's games will sell for a lot more. also only your native fruit can grow into special better ones, iirc, which sell for more, but imported fruits will sell more at a baseline.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Oh good. Then I will embrace whatever fruit decides to grace my island with its presence

except for oranges, the devil's fruit

piss-bottle man
Jan 1, 2010

covered in cat hair

I would like to be in the gang, please.

piss-bottle man fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 18, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm on two weeks paid leave starting tomorrow so hey gently caress it, I'ma gonna get the Animal Crossing.

I am still not sure if I want to be a Raccoon Goon

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
If I can't get a tropical fruit I'll be fine with anything except pears since they don't stand out until it's fall/winter. Not sure I'll do an island reset for it though.

I don't have a strong opinion on time jumping. I've done it sometimes and it hasn't ruined my experience of the game. Bug hunting on Tortimor island was a slog if you wanted to pay off your loans but it doesn't seem I'll be doing the same poo poo in NH. It's a hell world so let people do whatever they want to do. Who cares!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Winklebottom posted:

Oh good. Then I will embrace whatever fruit decides to grace my island with its presence

except for oranges, the devil's fruit

:hmmyes: