Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Just got Pestilence finally and goddamn is it great. Its ticks even count for the armor generation from Patriot's White debuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

I did the boost thing - for leveling from 30 to 40 I should just do the story missions in NYC, right?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Bold Robot posted:

I did the boost thing - for leveling from 30 to 40 I should just do the story missions in NYC, right?

That’s the only thing you can do to get to 40.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Seditiar posted:

Just got Pestilence finally and goddamn is it great. Its ticks even count for the armor generation from Patriot's White debuff.

Fuuuuuu-

I need it even more now. As much as I like how much damage a crit rifle build puts out, I also want to have a practically unkillable tank/support setup like that.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Seditiar posted:

In the changelog for today :toot:

God loving finally. I use sometimes the DZ entrances as LZ fast travel points and this was a nightmare. The only way to get out was to go to the map and fast travel anywhere else within 2-3 seconds before getting another load screen.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Shoren posted:

Fuuuuuu-

I need it even more now. As much as I like how much damage a crit rifle build puts out, I also want to have a practically unkillable tank/support setup like that.

Yeah was a really nice surprise! I can join up and drop a spare if it drops, my IGN is Seditian.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Pestilence dropped for me just now doing random missions in Battery Park on Challenging. LMG is the targeted loot.

Shoren posted:

Fuuuuuu-

It's certainly not unkillable, at least solo. I've been switching between Pestilence and a good rolled M249 with Strained and it's pretty good though!

Also running True Patriot with Unbreakable on armor. Switch to Pointman on armor in group.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 17, 2020

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

I got it in Roosevelt, two opportunities to get it I think and also LMG allocation. I got it from the first boss at least.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
useful things!

What on what - normal gear edition

What on what - green gear edition

WoNY World Bosses - Older edition

WoNY World Bosses - Newer edition

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Hakarne posted:

Just lol if they think I'm wearing anything else other than that loving American flag from all those D1 achievements. I put that on the second I was done with the intro and that slot basically doesn't exist beyond that

CJacobs posted:

Yeah but you can have a t-rex

I'm sorry but tiny hippo has my back and I will die for her

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Seditiar posted:

Holy hell that's good to know. I'll have to give a patriot set up another try. As stronk as the rifle build is I'd like to find something that doesn't need to lean on the shield so much for sustain. I feel like that's the biggest issue for DPS builds and the shield helps sidestep that with its regen. I can handle the trade off of dying quickly out of cover for insane damage, but there should be a decent way to regen when you duck down. The repair skills are poo poo without any skill investment when they at least used to be good (but usually limited use) even without any skill focus.

I really loving miss the Patience talent, guys. I never made a build without it.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

It's amazing how many pieces of poo poo AI die after ducking in cover without armor and only 10% health, that alone is already worth it. :v:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
A lot of people are getting their Season levels reset when logging in after the last patch.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Wamdoodle posted:

I'm sorry but tiny hippo has my back and I will die for her

i tried one of those confidential missions last night and now i have a hot dog for my backpack :unsmith:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'll never not have my bones backpack trophy :hb:

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Seditiar posted:

Yeah was a really nice surprise! I can join up and drop a spare if it drops, my IGN is Seditian.

What platform? I'm on PS4.

Kaddish posted:

Pestilence dropped for me just now doing random missions in Battery Park on Challenging. LMG is the targeted loot.

It's certainly not unkillable, at least solo. I've been switching between Pestilence and a good rolled M249 with Strained and it's pretty good though!

Also running True Patriot with Unbreakable on armor. Switch to Pointman on armor in group.

I said practically unkillable :imunfunny:

Running TP with the Tardigrade chest piece has let me keep firing for way longer than any other build. The 8% armor/s healing is really powerful when you have 1.5 million. It's a really great build for making sure you stay alive when the poo poo hits the fan.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Top time for the league heroic mission is just under 8 minutes. Great success with their testing. If you get a hunter it gives you a checkpoint, if you wipe after that it resets the timer and continues from there.

I really want to see a non-bugged sub 25 minute run

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Is there an established beginner 40 build that I can slap together from something like vendor loot? I got the named AR Glory something from the vendor last week and I can wear almost a full set of striker from leveling my season pass to 4. Would that be decent with some blue pieces to fill in the rest for some survivability? My 2nd weapon is a marksman rifle.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Shoren posted:

What platform? I'm on PS4.

Oh I haven't paid attention to crossplay stuff, but I'm on PC.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

HotBobaloo posted:

Is there an established beginner 40 build that I can slap together from something like vendor loot? I got the named AR Glory something from the vendor last week and I can wear almost a full set of striker from leveling my season pass to 4. Would that be decent with some blue pieces to fill in the rest for some survivability? My 2nd weapon is a marksman rifle.

I'm a new player, and I just got out of the "brand new lvl 40" stage, and the best thing I found for survivability at that stage was a chest piece with Unbreakable on it. It saved me hundreds of times before I got enough gear to start tailoring my builds towards a particular role. Just enjoy playing at this stage, don't try to ramp up the difficulty too much, stick to normal and hard, work on getting specializations unlocked and getting points, fill out your recalibration library with the highest rolls you find on weapons and armor you aren't going to use.

I set up whatever kind of build I could as I went on. I had a lot of success getting better gear matchmaking random bounties with a full on support build using Hard Wired, where I focused on healing my teammates with the Chem Launcher and then doing whatever else seemed useful, damage with clusters, blinding with firefly, revive hive, etc. This pushed me up into higher difficulties, got me gear, got me specialization points, and was entertaining.

Once I had enough gear to put together the rifle crit build that was talked about a couple of pages ago, I switched to that and suddenly I went from Hard to Challenging and farming level 4 Control Points, and my gear and build options have expanded considerably.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I stupidly ground up my Chatterbox when clearing out sub 40 stuff and only just discovered I need it to boost the gun to lvl 40.

Do I need to go through finding all the parts again or can it possibly drop in the gameworld now?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

They still haven't fixed the entrance to the Angel of Mercy contaminated zone even though someone else reported it and got a response a couple of weeks ago :negative:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
This loving Keener fight summarizes everything I hate about this game in one battle. Endless spam, bullet sponge enemy that has excellent mobility and just shrugs off damage

Im guessing that I will have to come back and do it with a group, because this bullshit feels impossible to do solo.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Hakarne posted:

I really loving miss the Patience talent, guys. I never made a build without it.

Same, Bloodsucker on my backpack helps but it's just not the same.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

blackguy32 posted:

This loving Keener fight summarizes everything I hate about this game in one battle. Endless spam, bullet sponge enemy that has excellent mobility and just shrugs off damage

Im guessing that I will have to come back and do it with a group, because this bullshit feels impossible to do solo.

after trying to outmaneuver him and dying many times, I I ended up using the minigun and melting him as soon as he came out, lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MREBoy posted:

useful things!

WoNY World Bosses - Older edition

WoNY World Bosses - Newer edition

Are both of these possible spawn locations or just the newer one now?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I eventually beat him on like my 6th try by running to where he spawns, hitting him with everything I had immediately, and then running around desperately trying to survive as I whittled down the last quarter of his health.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

blackguy32 posted:

I didn't work out how to instantly drop him as a few people have already posted in the thread, but I did work out that he only has a limited number of heals so my strat was to keep at a distance, whittle his armour between killing his adds and then closing in on him once he had ran out of heals. His spawned skills dropped lots of health and ammo so staying out of his way wasn't too hard.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Snuffman posted:

I stupidly ground up my Chatterbox when clearing out sub 40 stuff and only just discovered I need it to boost the gun to lvl 40.

Do I need to go through finding all the parts again or can it possibly drop in the gameworld now?

you don't need chatterbox to boost it to 40, no GS500 exotics can be boosted to 40. You actually did the right thing as you needed to destroy yours so the pieces can drop again.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I dropped a turret on his spawn location, threw the stun bombs as soon as he appeared and then unloaded 250 rounds of Stoner goodness on him.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Crimson/Ivory/Admiral. Not really my thing.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Just tried the Keener fight with 3 other people and wiped every time. I think im just going to youtube the ending and just call it a wrap at this point. Im stuck in NY until I actually finish this and its not like I can turn the difficulty to an easier mode. So I guess I will just shelve this.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

Just tried the Keener fight with 3 other people and wiped every time. I think im just going to youtube the ending and just call it a wrap at this point. Im stuck in NY until I actually finish this and its not like I can turn the difficulty to an easier mode. So I guess I will just shelve this.

Do you play on PC?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Seditiar posted:

Do you play on PC?

No, I am on PS4

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jesus, this game is being incredibly kind to me. After crashing and burning to start Wall St solo heroic I took a stab at it today

And of course, just like Lady Death and Tardigrade, I got Bullet King on my first attempt. The damage on it... doesn't look great! Is the lower damage to make up for the fact you never reload?

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 18, 2020

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

So if you have two saved load-outs that use the same specialization but run different guns, do the loadouts remember which weapon damage perks you picked for each and change them when you switch? Or do you have to run to the BoO to respect those points every time you switch?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I got Lady Death yesterday but just happened to get it, was just wandering around doing poo poo solo because I can't really do pick up teams.
Got it from some random bounty.
Want to try and get Tradigrade but some many people are posting about how they are getting their season levels reset to 1.
And I have had a problem where I have to log in like 5 or 6 times with a Delta-03 error that i'm kind of afraid to log in.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002

cerebral posted:

I'm a new player, and I just got out of the "brand new lvl 40" stage, and the best thing I found for survivability at that stage was a chest piece with Unbreakable on it. It saved me hundreds of times before I got enough gear to start tailoring my builds towards a particular role. Just enjoy playing at this stage, don't try to ramp up the difficulty too much, stick to normal and hard, work on getting specializations unlocked and getting points, fill out your recalibration library with the highest rolls you find on weapons and armor you aren't going to use.

I set up whatever kind of build I could as I went on. I had a lot of success getting better gear matchmaking random bounties with a full on support build using Hard Wired, where I focused on healing my teammates with the Chem Launcher and then doing whatever else seemed useful, damage with clusters, blinding with firefly, revive hive, etc. This pushed me up into higher difficulties, got me gear, got me specialization points, and was entertaining.

Once I had enough gear to put together the rifle crit build that was talked about a couple of pages ago, I switched to that and suddenly I went from Hard to Challenging and farming level 4 Control Points, and my gear and build options have expanded considerably.

Thanks very much for the info. I can probably bump up to hard. One question, how to I get more spec points, I seem to only be getting 1 point whenever I level. Just started gunner, it's not very effective with only like 8 points total.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
I've been running LMGs from 1-40. Switched to that rifle crit build posted earlier (and holy gently caress, don't have the mask and only a medium rolled m1a) did 40% more damage than anybody else. Of course, Bullet King dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

HotBobaloo posted:

Thanks very much for the info. I can probably bump up to hard. One question, how to I get more spec points, I seem to only be getting 1 point whenever I level. Just started gunner, it's not very effective with only like 8 points total.

I had this exact question a few days ago, and I'm not entirely sure if my answer is correct, but some missions award specialization points, projects will award specialization points, and some bounties will award specialization points (I think maybe only clan bounties, not sure). That was one of the reasons that I ended up matchmaking random bounties, I had exhausted all the missions that gave specialization points, and getting one per level and a few a day from the daily project seemed like it was going to take forever. I just started joining people's bounties, and I started getting specialization points from some of them, and I ended up gaining them way faster than I expected.