Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Also this scene from another episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilLPLd6GTbw

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I bought some of Hank Hill's beloved BC powder yesterday at Target because it was 40% off. Just tried it today for the first time. It's good! Basically a less sweet pixy stick that has aspirin and caffeine.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It makes me sad that Chuck Mangione is now homeless because America has bought his toilet paper house.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I bought some of Hank Hill's beloved BC powder yesterday at Target because it was 40% off. Just tried it today for the first time. It's good! Basically a less sweet pixy stick that has aspirin and caffeine.

BC powder is the absolute tits for actual regular headaches. Hank supports a drat fine medicine.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I've never heard of this Texas sorcery

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Another Bill posted:

I've never heard of this Texas sorcery

It's resplendent.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Why would anyone do drugs when they could just mow a lawn?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I wish Hank Hill was my neighbor. The others, take or leave, but Hank always seemed chill enough that you could convince him to help you change a tire or fix some random poo poo.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Cowslips Warren posted:

I wish Hank Hill was my neighbor. The others, take or leave, but Hank always seemed chill enough that you could convince him to help you change a tire or fix some random poo poo.

Everyone needs a couple Hank Hills in their neighborhood right now.

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Everyone needs a couple Hank Hills in their neighborhood right now.

God yes. All the Bills in Washington DC are going to kill us. (I live in DC, don't @ me.)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Betazoid posted:

God yes. All the Bills in Washington DC are going to kill us. (I live in DC, don't @ me.)

Bills are running the country.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

TheKingslayer posted:

Bills are running the country.

Hey I'm standing RIGHT HERE

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Dales are running the country anyways. I wish it was a Bill.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Another Bill posted:

Dales are running the country anyways. I wish it was a Bill.

what about president william fontaine delatour clinton

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

He definitely did not have sexual relations with that woman

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

If anything were being run by Bucks Stricklands and Ted wassanasongs.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
a country run by buck stricklands i could handle. at least you know where you stand with them, which is strictly relative to how much bourbon and singles you have on hand

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Detective No. 27 posted:

Pu-heggee Hill.

Quoting this from pages back but my mum used to always laugh at that part.

His voice when he says it is perfect.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

The White Dragon posted:

a country run by buck stricklands i could handle. at least you know where you stand with them, which is strictly relative to how much bourbon and singles you have on hand
Buck Strickland was modeled after LBJ to a large extent

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Daikloktos posted:

That's why compared to now I loving wish Buck was president. Because at least VP Hank Hill would have things ticking along for now

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Daikloktos posted:

I can just imagine LBJ bringing in big pharma into the ready room, slapping his dick on the table (literally) and demanding they get it done yesterday and for duty to this great country.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I think it's safe to say most of us love King of the Hill, but are there episodes you don't have fun watching? I'd be interested to hear which episodes people think are unfunny or annoying. They don't have to be really bad episodes or anything. Just ones you personally don't like watching as much as the others.

Like, I'm not a huuuge fan of the episode where that violent crazy guy takes over the gun club. It just doesn't have me cracking up like most episodes.

And the episode where the football player moves into the neighborhood and acts like a huge jerk. There's some good jokes in that episode but I get so unironically aggravated that I just don't have fun when I'm watching the episode lol.

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 17, 2020

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The one where Hank has to get orthotic buttocks is always a bore for me.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I definitely understand why. It's mostly the same joke throughout the whole episode, the joke being that Hank has a flat butt. But there is exactly one joke worth watching the episode for. Peggy lures Hank to a group meeting for people with flat butts, and she does so by pretending there is a propane emergency.

Afterwards Hank is grateful but says "On a serious note Peggy, don't ever report a false propane emergency again."

And Peggy says "Believe me, I prayed on it Hank and God said to me 'Don't do it!' but you know what? I knew better!"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Ok yeah that is pretty funny. Also Hank freaking out when peggy hangs his medical devices on the clothse line.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Another Bill posted:

The one where Hank has to get orthotic buttocks is always a bore for me.

And believe me this guy knows a thing or two about boring rear end jokes

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Being from Texas, any episode that is heavy on Peggy teaching is Too Real for me

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
But she has so many good anuses ahead of her!

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I hate the ZZ Top episode and Ms. Wakefield and the one where Hank is scared of bats

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
The Myspace one is real bad. The panhandler one, too.

A lot of post-S7 episodes I can live without, honestly. That's when writers started using Hank more as a mouthpiece instead of being his own character.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

maybe it’s just cause i was still watching simpsons at the time, but i don’t think i’d call any episode ‘bad’. but the myspace one was p lame.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
To be fair, when I call an episode "bad" I mean relative to the series. In general, I'd rather watch the worst episodes of Koth than the average episode of most other shows.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Marin Karin posted:

To be fair, when I call an episode "bad" I mean relative to the series. In general, I'd rather watch the worst episodes of Koth than the average episode of most other shows.

:hmmyes: KoHs quality stays pretty consistent throughout the seasons

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Peggy is such a weird rear end in a top hat during the first Team Sizemore episode.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

It's been forever since I've been able to legitimately binge this show that a LOT of these episodes you're all mentioning I just don't remember. I remember most of the premises, but the individual scenes are no longer in my memory.

Which is great for whenever I can rewatch them.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lucky's story about his grandad finding the walnut stump is a gem.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

Lucky is a gem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I really have to say, I cant remember any other show that introduced a character so great quite like how Lucky was added.

RIP Tom Petty