Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm sure this has already been answered but can you change your face in this one too or is it just hair like New Leaf and before? I need to know if I'm going to spend hours agonizing over my character look Thursday evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm sure this has already been answered but can you change your face in this one too or is it just hair like New Leaf and before? I need to know if I'm going to spend hours agonizing over my character look Thursday evening.
Yep! Any time you look in a mirror you can change anything- hair, eyes, nose, mouth- even "style" (gender).

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Eiba posted:

Yep! Any time you look in a mirror you can change anything- hair, eyes, nose, mouth- even "style" (gender).

Hell yeah. That rules that the game is NB friendly this time. We've come a long way from having to let your character idle on the island if you wanted darker skin.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Policenaut posted:

He looks like a K-Pop idol.

Oh man I need to hear about this tier list because I try to keep away from most AC communities out of fear but I gotta learn more about that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lucha and Stinky in bottom of the barrel, this tier list is garbage

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

did this trash heap of a list just imply that Gaston, Stinky and Nan are poo poo tier? gently caress this :regd09:

I remember someone back in the New Leaf days was being a weird creep about getting Marshall in their town, that's all I can think about when I see him. Weird creepy lust.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Every time I see the tier list, I get sad. It's like Pokemon: every villager is loved by someone! Some people are hateful! :colbert:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

pretty sure the list is just about how popular they are not if theyre good or bad

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Tiffany... Lucha... Hopkins... Pierce! How can you all be low tier value!? :negative:

Oh hey my boy Kyle did okay and Ankha's Ankha so my Amiibo Card squad turned out okay I'd say. Tho this does remind me that I need to get a Kid Cat at some point.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

This is gonna be the most :can: post in this thread.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, it says it's about popularity in those forums up top. Not sure how they decided on how much to put in each tier/what the breakpoints were, though. Just, 15/30/30/45/the rest?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

All cats are top tier.

Both in Animal Crossing and real life.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

All neighbors are S++ rank, except for Rodney who is in dead fuckin last.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dazerbeams posted:

I disliked gyroids because there was a limit on how many could be playing at a time. I wanted my attic to be a cacophony of chirps, bells, and whistles!

I fully agree with this. My spooky gyroid throne room in my basement had the big magic circle floor, a couple of torches for lighting, around 20 gyroids, and a throne in the middle of them. I wanted all of them to be making horrible sounds but I think it was 4 max? I still loved that room.

Edit:

SeANMcBAY posted:

All cats are top tier.

:hmmyes:

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Does that list exist somewhere with their names instead of picture jesus

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SeANMcBAY posted:

All cats are top tier.

Somebody please help me figure out how to make Cats Only a reality as my town.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Somebody please help me figure out how to make Cats Only a reality as my town.

- andrew lloyd webber

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Stux posted:

- andrew lloid webber

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

All cats are top tier.

:hai:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

How is Bob not Tier 1?????? He's Bob!

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Macintosh HD posted:

Does that list exist somewhere with their names instead of picture jesus
Yeah I'm not an AC super nerd when it comes to villagers because I just let them come and go.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I feel like a list with names would be worse. At least with the pictures even if you don't know them by name you can judge them.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Color Printer posted:

How is Bob not Tier 1?????? He's Bob!

I think it has to do with the timing. Last measured in 2015 I think predates Bob's meme explosion.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

These next 2 days are going to be the longest of my life.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

All cats are top tier.

:yeah:

I am curious to know just how many new villagers we're getting/if there are any they didn't show in pre-release stuff. I need to know if Bowie cat is the only new cat.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dazerbeams posted:

These next 2 days are going to be the longest of my life.

I've waited so loving long. I feel like this is the game I'll enjoy most since the original Animal Crossing. I've played/enjoyed them all but I've always enjoyed playing this series on TV most and City Folk was too much like Wild World.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SeANMcBAY posted:

I've waited so loving long. I feel like this is the game I'll enjoy most since the original Animal Crossing. I've played/enjoyed them all but I've always enjoyed playing this series on TV most and City Folk was too much like Wild World.

yea really it's a testament to this game that even seeing the rather large list of 'poo poo we can't see in the base game, maybe later tho' from old games I'm STILL super hype here. I love AC but yea unless somehow this is an elaborate conspiracy and all the reviews are lies or whatever this will probably be my favorite since being a little kid playing the original.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm still torn on whether or not to do the time-travelling to hurry through the early part of the game, but I'll probably just stockpile bugs/fish instead.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm a weirdo (someone who plays the games properly:smug:) that always sticks with a single town from game to game so I'll be savoring the early game and taking it very slow.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beau, Deirdre, AND Fauna were top tier? drat. I coulda made bank if I didn't goon the Stalk Market.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'd be upset if Bob was in Tier 1 if Punchy was regulated to Tier 2 as Punchy is easily better than Bob in every regard

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

For anyone curious about island naming conventions, but didn't want to wade through spoilery videos and such:

10 character max, spaces are OK, no "Isle" "Island" pre/suffixes, you get about 20 minutes of tutorial-like gameplay before you name the island. Island and character names cannot be changed.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Julian belongs in a dumpster.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

This chart is bullshit, Gayle is ADORABLE damnit! :mad:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

enojy posted:

For anyone curious about island naming conventions, but didn't want to wade through spoilery videos and such:

10 character max, spaces are OK, no "Isle" "Island" pre/suffixes, you get about 20 minutes of tutorial-like gameplay before you name the island. Island and character names cannot be changed.

Wait, so

if I name my island Pen it won't be Pen Island or anything anywhere, it's only ever referred to as Pen? not that I would do this!!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

alarumklok posted:

Wait, so

if I name my island Pen it won't be Pen Island or anything anywhere, it's only ever referred to as Pen? not that I would do this!!!

correct

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is it referred to as "the island of __________" similar to how towns are referenced in New Leak?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

is phil on here