Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

What the gently caress......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

I can't figure out what my favourite part is. The kids busily working away to organise the hoarded goods, the hoarded pillows, or the mountain of fruit and veg that will almost certainly go rotten before it can be consumed.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Bill Posters posted:

I can't figure out what my favourite part is. The kids busily working away to organise the hoarded goods, the hoarded pillows, or the mountain of fruit and veg that will almost certainly go rotten before it can be consumed.

Misso and I have been joking about panic growing veges, but that thing is next level

I've been working on growing chilis, ginger radishes and lemon grass to flavour the somewhat repeated stirfrys we might have should the the worst occur

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
[quote="Lolie" post="503392539"]
We've already had a nearby medical centre close. It's only a matter of time before more doctor's surgeries have to close as well as small pharmacies. I take 2 medications on the DD list. The max quantity for 1 is a week's supply and for the other it is 2 week's supply, so I need to see my GP at least weekly. If he has to close his surgery, I'm screwed.

In other news, Western Sydney Health District is finally going to limit visitor numbers in its hospitals - should have been done weeks ago.

The closest GP clinic to us had quite the famous Doctor-patient 0 and closed down, unnervingly close to our closest supermarket as well as the pharmacy right next door to it.

I’m supposed to go to the psychologist today and for both our sakes I’m cancelling; hope they can do a Skype style or phone session if possible it’s too hot for me to go out there and I’m 50% certain I have either the normal vanilla flu, a virus or this covid one since nearly every direction there’s a school shut down or clinic too. Whelp I better get on the phone since I need to be there in 45 minutes :(

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/oz_f/status/1240030307761287168

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
hahahahah holy poo poo thats like a weeks worth of produce for a small juice bar wtf

also lol that the average indian grocery store layout is completely indistinguishable from a goon pantry.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Panic buying long life food at least makes some kind of sense but even if your kids aren’t big loving sooks about fresh fruit and veges there’s no way a family is getting through all that without snap freezing it

Also clearly and objectively the funniest part of that video is the shot of the completely clutterless massive tv room when every other piece of usable space in the house is completely filled up with poo poo.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I didn’t realise until yesterday but all my lemon grass has gone absolutely nuts and gone to seed. It doesn’t taste as good as the less mature plants but it’s gonna spread like crazy so that’s a big plus.

Eden seeds have started running out of a lot of staple food garden stuff so people are catching on to our master plan Jestery

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I noticed reports yesterday that market prices for lamb have risen due to this poo poo but pork prices have fallen due to decreased demand from restaurants. Has anyone noticed a fall in pork prices at the retail level?

I might have to consider buying powdered milk next time I go to the shops. I have a few litres of long life milk in the cupboard but I who knows when that can be replaced if fresh milk supplies become iffy.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
My pumpkins have a huge yield this year, thanks rain!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I didn’t realise until yesterday but all my lemon grass has gone absolutely nuts and gone to seed. It doesn’t taste as good as the less mature plants but it’s gonna spread like crazy so that’s a big plus.

Eden seeds have started running out of a lot of staple food garden stuff so people are catching on to our master plan Jestery

What's the time from seed to harvest on lemon grass you reckonM

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Jestery posted:

What's the time from seed to harvest on lemon grass you reckonM

I put it in poo poo soil and it only got whatever water the actual plants around it got plus a decent whack of rain and it’s gone fully to seed over about 2.5 months so quite a bit less than that bc the seeded stuff is quite bitter compared to the newer stuff. I’m unclear if the bitterness will fade once it drops its seeds

I too am flush with pumpkins. The ones I picked aren’t quite ripe but the first one I chopped up is still roasting up a treat and I’m leaving the others out in the sun to help em out

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Got the email about substitutes in my usual online delivery order. Oh boy, this is the worst yet. Among the 20 or so things they are not supplying includes most of the meat I need to cook dinner beyond the next 3 days. They also aren't supplying basic sanitary stuff like cakes of soap, women's pads and dish detergent.

Now I'm left to go to the shop anyway and attempt to source any of this stuff. If I were quaranteened we'd be kinda hosed. If this is happening around the world there's going to be riots soon in places, I'm surprised we haven't heard news of them already. I also wonder if people are going to stop getting tested as to avoid being quaranteened and getting stuck like this.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Bill Posters posted:

I like the lovingly zoomed in shot of RID

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Severing posted:

Got the email about substitutes in my usual online delivery order. Oh boy, this is the worst yet. Among the 20 or so things they are not supplying includes most of the meat I need to cook dinner beyond the next 3 days. They also aren't supplying basic sanitary stuff like cakes of soap, women's pads and dish detergent.

Who is still doing online orders? I thought both Coles and Woolies had cancelled all of their existing orders.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Lolie posted:

Who is still doing online orders? I thought both Coles and Woolies had cancelled all of their existing orders.

Woolworths canceled them for 2 days and Coles did not stop at all. Not that it matters when they just don't supply stuff anyway.

I also can't get one of the meds I need for my IBS so I'm currently dealing with the repercussions of that as well.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Yeah if everyone can please keep loving up the woolies and Coles supply chain while some of us with galaxy brain go to indian and middle eastern grocers that'd be great

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Sitting in the toilet having a poo poo, some dude walks in, hacks and spits up into the urinal (I hope) a couple times, coughs and has a slash

Was nice knowing y'all

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Not to be racist but I guarantee he was probably Chinese, idk any other people who in tyool 2020 still openly spit

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

McSpergin posted:

Not to be racist but I guarantee he was probably Chinese, idk any other people who in tyool 2020 still openly spit

Biosecurity powers have been invoked so whole lot of people are about to find out the hard way that their filthy habits are unacceptable.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I'm getting an Arabic vibe from that.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

hambeet posted:

Yeah Colac was slammed by people from Geelong yesterday. Ballan from both Ballarat and Melton.

I was prepared to scoff at the idea of people from Ballarat marauding across the country side since we got almost our entire home delivery order late last week and the supermarkets seemed decently stocked over the weekend.

I just went out to the shops today though... My faith in humanity was shaken somewhat. For a brief moment I was the native american man, shedding a single tear.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Kharnifex posted:

My pumpkins have a huge yield this year, thanks rain!

Same.

The possums are loving destroying my punkins though.

Cunts.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Time to go drunken boy robot. Time for the little tin heart to stop ticking.
We will have 1 last surf together.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

tardwrangler posted:

i'll give you four pumpkins for it

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

McSpergin posted:

Yeah if everyone can please keep loving up the woolies and Coles supply chain while some of us with galaxy brain go to indian and middle eastern grocers that'd be great

Went to ALDI to get dried split peas to make some soup. Negative.

My Greek fruiterer had some.

Lucky I can speak basic Greek.

Καλημέρα!

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

tardwrangler posted:

Do you remember that Astroboy episode where they cut a dog in half and it was walking around?

That loving traumatised me when I was in pre-school.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Blow posted:

Do you remember that Astroboy episode where they cut a dog in half and it was walking around?

.... no

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Blow posted:

That loving traumatised me when I was in pre-school.

no

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
My trauma moment was lying in a hospital bed lookig across at a boy with no face just bloody badages because a horse had kicked it off
The theme to Milton the Monster was playing and his name was Craig Miller

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Let's start a petition to enforce mandatory fines for anyone hoarding or price gouging on essentials tbh

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

McSpergin posted:

Let's start a petition to enforce mandatory fines for anyone hoarding or price gouging on essentials tbh

You need to make the penalties something people are highly motivated to avoid. Naming and shaming might be more effective than fines they will probably never pay.

If I ruled the world they'd get a one way trip to Manus.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

McSpergin posted:

only if it applies to businesses as well bc some of the poo poo i've seen around on a shelf with a ticket price 10x the normal is absolutely appalling

Seedy ROM
Aug 25, 2018

FKN FUN POLICE

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

only if it applies to businesses as well bc some of the poo poo i've seen around on a shelf with a ticket price 10x the normal is absolutely appalling

Deffo this. COVID-19 is setting off the brainworms of plenty of small biz owners I'm acquainted with.

I don't know any who are price gouging (not the sort of industries where they could ATM anyway), but most of them have started expressing some pretty odd loving ideas about workers rights. Not to mention they are all now experts on the epidemiology of COVID-19, especially when it's a factor in how they do business.

I get that for many of them the walls might feel like they're closing in right now, but gently caress me if it isn't bringing out their true colours.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

zubraman posted:

Deffo this. COVID-19 is setting off the brainworms of plenty of small biz owners I'm acquainted with.

I don't know any who are price gouging (not the sort of industries where they could ATM anyway), but most of them have started expressing some pretty odd loving ideas about workers rights. Not to mention they are all now experts on the epidemiology of COVID-19, especially when it's a factor in how they do business.

I get that for many of them the walls might feel like they're closing in right now, but gently caress me if it isn't bringing out their true colours.

A lot of workplaces are exactly like this whenever it comes to illness and injury, it's just less noticeable when it's impacting one person at a time.

I've had bosses basically not believe medical certificates claiming they are too easy to get and only yelding because they have no other choice despite their "expert" opinion. They will always find a way to attempt to pressure you into working if they can get away with it. Got forbid if you have a martyr in your workplace too who comes to work even if they are half dead with the flu.

Severing fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 18, 2020

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Show up and infect as many people as possible but get everything in writing as well to cover your arse so that if you cop the blame "you told me I couldn't have a day off"

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Lolie posted:

You need to make the penalties something people are highly motivated to avoid. Naming and shaming might be more effective than fines they will probably never pay.

If I ruled the world they'd get a one way trip to Manus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW55FRXlPEs

E: Lolie. Sorry you triggered me.

:love:

Blow fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 18, 2020

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

McSpergin posted:

Show up and infect as many people as possible but get everything in writing as well to cover your arse so that if you cop the blame "you told me I couldn't have a day off"

Doesn't work so well when it's your 3 kids that are sick and you need to look after them.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Bring them in to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

People at work asking me about go bags and things and I'm like how do you not have one already?? I'm not sure how great it is for my longterm mental health that my paranoid prepper mentality is being validated.