Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'd like to point out NZ slammed through an extra $25/week, permanently, for all beneficiaries as part of our stimulus package

i'm moving here

im just so goddamn sick of anywhere else being so beholden to insane ghouls. nz is a small ray of sunshine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

LingcodKilla posted:

my motherinlaw grows all her tomatoes buy gathering the ones that start to grow out of the compost pile. seems to work for her

These are called volunteers and it works great for peppers and squash, too

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

I thought I typed "online" in front of poker. Donkey brains strikes again!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ded posted:

It's good to know that during this crisis and lockdown, that junk mail is still delivered to my door.

Heroin?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Laid off crew checking in.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just watched Andrew Zimmern try to call cooks and servers first responders on some MSNBC thing and I'm checking the gently caress out for the night. I wish I was kidding but nope.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Just watched Andrew Zimmern try to call cooks and servers first responders on some MSNBC thing and I'm checking the gently caress out for the night. I wish I was kidding but nope.

They deserve the respect more than cops imo

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ehhh, I'll grant you that, but I never saw a pizza delivery guy go run into a burning building, valiantly dropping off a pizza.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
There's a serious chance that I stop posting newsy poo poo for a while, as I'm reading a lot of stuff that has slipped past my cynical "haha" filter and really made me a toxic mix of angry and concerned. Think Susan Collins x10000. Especially with some of y'all getting hosed by this thing.

So, expect more of the below. I don't think I've seen it here yet. Enjoy!

https://twitter.com/JaxBladeFitness/status/1239937506294009857?s=19

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/jkass99/status/1240092789251039232?s=19

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Good news for once!

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1240097240292765698?s=20

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

fuel - $5 million
sodas - $1 million
stock buybacks - $20 billion
headphone adapters - $500 thousand

someone please help me budget my airline is dying

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Because of my uni poo poo, this will be the only St. Pat's DKM show I'll ever see. Once they got the audio figured out, it was really well done.

Hopefully poo poo's together enough so I can see them with Rancid in May. Rancid's on my concert bucket list.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Brute Squad posted:

Because of my uni poo poo, this will be the only St. Pat's DKM show I'll ever see. Once they got the audio figured out, it was really well done.

Hopefully poo poo's together enough so I can see them with Rancid in May. Rancid's on my concert bucket list.

I saw DKM with Lars and the Swing Udders Lordy about 15 years ago. Lars had a broken arm and one of the DKM played for him.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Ehhh, I'll grant you that, but I never saw a pizza delivery guy go run into a burning building, valiantly dropping off a pizza.

Am a firefighter/EMT as my day job. Pizza delivery guys are first responders - can confirm.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Reading Biden people gloat online is blackpilling me hard. They don't even care about beating Trump, they're just happy Sanders lost. Long term I think the left will win but by then the oceans will already be boiling.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
It's been 4 long years of very... motivated Sanders supporters. There's gonna be some push back.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Best Friends posted:

Reading Biden people gloat online is blackpilling me hard. They don't even care about beating Trump, they're just happy Sanders lost. Long term I think the left will win but by then the oceans will already be boiling.

you're turning into an incel?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Watching Biden lose worse than Hillary despite a global pandemic is gonna be hilarious

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

bird cooch posted:

It's been 4 long years of very... motivated Sanders supporters. There's gonna be some push back.

It's pretty standard of any winning campaign's supporters to rub it in the noses of the losers, which doesn't make it any more productive or any less lovely.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Pop over to the dnd primary thread where people are posting that not voting for Sanders is the same as killing people.

It's not like this is a new thing.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Austerity kills people and global warming is going to kill a huge number of people

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Best Friends posted:

Stop looking online.

I had to do it when Warren dropped out on account of the same poo poo from the Sanders camp. I knew I'd end up supporting him and didn't want the dirtbag misery-tourist white boy quadrant of his base to turn me off, and poo poo was getting bad.

Biden side, too, hell. There were more than a few supporters from his camp just fuckin thrilled that she was out.

The bald-faced shitposting aggression on here, Twitter, etc, is not the world.

That said, DNC's poo poo about holding off elections costing state delegates is some RNC suppression poo poo that they'd goddamn better walk back.

e, vvv this, also.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Mar 18, 2020

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Watching Biden lose worse than Hillary despite a global pandemic is gonna be hilarious

No it's not.

Maybe in meme-country.

I don't think it's gonna be hilarious. Mostly because the last four years of Trump have not been "hilarious", and four more years of him are going to be substantially less "hilarious".

With the current state of the rhetoric, I'm starting to entirely lose hope that your country will manage to not gently caress this up in November.
I went on an on like a broken record over the last couple of years about how I believe that voting - especially in times like these - is a civic duty, or how I think that the primaries going on an on with voters literally being financially invested into their candidate of choice is not a good thing.

Something like just over a year ago, even in here the rough consensus was that people would - grudgingly, but ultimately - vote for the democratic candidate in the general election. I'm getting the feeling that this notion has already fallen apart substantially, and coupled with the notion that I keep seeing the sentiment (also in here, but predominantly on social media) that voting for Biden is voting for the "status quo" (which, with the status quo being Donald Trump in office, is just :psypop:).

I just feel really, really loving bad for the minority groups in the US, and poor countries around the world that will be turbofucked by four more years of Trump, when privileged folks give this away and pass on damage-controlling their 2016 gently caress-up yet again.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Honestly Biden is one of the biggest winners in the US from the Trump clown shoes response to plague IMO. Biden has a history with the Obama bail outs, will put actually capable people in office, and can't possibly be as inept in a crisis as trump who just kicked a few extraneous trillion from the markets.

Covid was definitely one of the nails in Bernie's coffin. It's suddenly way too unsettled for random Joes to want to jump both feet into systemic change when there's gaping wounds that need to be patched. If we had universal health care and safety nets that Bernie supports we'd 100% be better off but people will desperately want safe. And Obama's VP is as safe as you can get.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Biden sucks but a Biden admin means the State Department gets rebuilt, which means the lights get turned back on in other key departments, and maybe the government can perform its basic functions again.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Yeah I think people forget sometimes just how many basic government functions have been outright gutted.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
FDR won because he was governor of NY with a very progressive platform, so he had actual executive experience. You can see some governors rising to the occasion now and depending on how aggressively they advocate for American workers we could see the rise of a New Deal coalition.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Suicide Watch posted:

FDR won because he was governor of NY with a very progressive platform, so he had actual executive experience. You can see some governors rising to the occasion now and depending on how aggressively they advocate for American workers we could see the rise of a New Deal coalition.

He also wasn't Hoover, which by 1932 and three years of depression was the main thing any candidate would have had going for them (except Hoover)

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

he honestly has a chance. between now and november (or whenever the election happens), poo poo is going to hit people hard. no one has won re-election yet in a recession, and this is going to be a real motherfucker of one.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

No it's not.

Maybe in meme-country.

I don't think it's gonna be hilarious. Mostly because the last four years of Trump have not been "hilarious", and four more years of him are going to be substantially less "hilarious".

With the current state of the rhetoric, I'm starting to entirely lose hope that your country will manage to not gently caress this up in November.
I went on an on like a broken record over the last couple of years about how I believe that voting - especially in times like these - is a civic duty, or how I think that the primaries going on an on with voters literally being financially invested into their candidate of choice is not a good thing.

Something like just over a year ago, even in here the rough consensus was that people would - grudgingly, but ultimately - vote for the democratic candidate in the general election. I'm getting the feeling that this notion has already fallen apart substantially, and coupled with the notion that I keep seeing the sentiment (also in here, but predominantly on social media) that voting for Biden is voting for the "status quo" (which, with the status quo being Donald Trump in office, is just :psypop:).

I just feel really, really loving bad for the minority groups in the US, and poor countries around the world that will be turbofucked by four more years of Trump, when privileged folks give this away and pass on damage-controlling their 2016 gently caress-up yet again.

Honestly for the last couple days I've been thinking about leaving SA permanently because I feel like it's becoming completely unhinged.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Thank you for your service (industry).

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

piL posted:

Thank you for your service (industry).

Those fuckers either have to work to live or are laid off/furloughed, and they don’t have their bosses trying to scrounge up any and all PPE for them to wear. They don’t get issued N95s - which WA state is currently out of, anyways. Those are the people I salute. Just fuckin bare faced, smile or get fired and good luck!

Fire Departments here in my area are fuckin horse trading for PPE right now. Everett Fire gave their portable ventilators to Providence RMC to use, and are just bagging people manually.

Welcome to the Wild West :clint:

Edit: Hell, my department traded Tyvek suits to another in exchange for N95s.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

windshipper posted:

Those fuckers either have to work to live or are laid off/furloughed, and they don’t have their bosses trying to scrounge up any and all PPE for them to wear. They don’t get issued N95s - which WA state is currently out of, anyways. Those are the people I salute. Just fuckin bare faced, smile or get fired and good luck!

Fire Departments here in my area are fuckin horse trading for PPE right now. Everett Fire gave their portable ventilators to Providence RMC to use, and are just bagging people manually.

Welcome to the Wild West :clint:

Edit: Hell, my department traded Tyvek suits to another in exchange for N95s.

This is what our home health/hospice agency is doing with their additional ventilators. Trading them for securing more PPE if it's available.

Figure there'll be a lot of that before panic-buying shortages level off, and even then...

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Old Boot posted:

This is what our home health/hospice agency is doing with their additional ventilators. Trading them for securing more PPE if it's available.

Figure there'll be a lot of that before panic-buying shortages level off, and even then...

Yeah. We’ve already implemented the CDC’s new guidelines for N95 reuse, but there’s no way our stock is going to last even for a couple weeks. We have to wear N95s on all calls now, and if there’s anything respiratory involved, then we are gowned up as well.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

EBB posted:

Biden sucks but a Biden admin means the State Department gets rebuilt, which means the lights get turned back on in other key departments, and maybe the government can perform its basic functions again.

Yeah all the departments will get filled with ladder climbers like Mayor Pete and the government can return to important tasks like droning weddings and maintaining the lead levels of the water in Flint.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Sister tested negative :grovertoot:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Just heard the first magdumping hear my block.

Coo cool coo cool cool coo cool...

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Bored As gently caress posted:

Whereabouts in Maine? Anywhere nesr Portland?

Kittery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Old Boot posted:

Stop looking online.

I had to do it when Warren dropped out on account of the same poo poo from the Sanders camp. I knew I'd end up supporting him and didn't want the dirtbag misery-tourist white boy quadrant of his base to turn me off, and poo poo was getting bad.

Biden side, too, hell. There were more than a few supporters from his camp just fuckin thrilled that she was out.

The bald-faced shitposting aggression on here, Twitter, etc, is not the world.

That said, DNC's poo poo about holding off elections costing state delegates is some RNC suppression poo poo that they'd goddamn better walk back.

e, vvv this, also.

This, after it was clear Warren wasn't going to win I switched to Bernie, but I'll be damned if it wasn't a constant effort to remind myself he wasn't his supporters.