Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Paramemetic posted:

you know, it's very Welcome to Night Vale

The Republicans are Night Vale - fascist military state but generally incompetent

the Dems are Desert Bluffs - corporate smiles and people first language while just being unspeakably evil and cruel

and now its time

for the weather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
New Jersey new stats from today:

New total: 427 cases, up from 267 yesterday. A few more deaths as well. Governor of NJ is going to talk with the White House tomorrow at 2PM.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

we are all in serious danger and that's not even a prediction it's just reality

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
the news blasts are great please keep doing them not all of us want to spend that much time in twitter haha

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

were not supposed to go outside lmao

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

wow, and I finally have free time to visit them!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
trickle down doesnt work to clean yo rear end, doesnt work to fix the economy. sensing a trend.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Bearjew posted:

I... what

democrats want to keep the payments from going to anyone making 120k+ or whatever, but don't really seem to get that means testing is really dumb right now and getting cash to affected people is far superior to flitting about worrying about a millionaire getting a thousand dollar check while rome burns

basically, progressive theater and missing the point

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1240165935232823298?s=20

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/MarcusReports/status/1240297788652638209

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

NofrikinfuN posted:

no, you're supposed to social distance. We're considering loving off to the cabin for a couple weeks depending on how bad things get.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
show me the poor person that will turn down 2000 bucks if you tell them a billionaire will also get it. that person does not exist. pelosi is hideous.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Here's a thought - give everyone money and also let people take poo poo outta their retirement accounts untaxed
no need for retirement in the nuclear hellscape

this makes number go down

ive been eyeing my paltry 401k thinking about if i should pay for my house or beans and im starting to lean towards just buying beans and squatting until the bank removes me

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

EXCLUSIVE: Italy reporting half a million test kits are missing.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
drat thats hosed up

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Schnorkles posted:

the dnc is basically a marketing agency at this point lol. without their brand they have no reason to exist outside the repub camp.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Woofer posted:

EXCLUSIVE: Italy reporting half a million test kits are missing.
lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1240340732092862466?s=20

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

NofrikinfuN posted:

sure you can just as long as there's nobody else around

the more remote parks are ideal for that? imho

Schnorkles posted:

no, you're supposed to social distance. We're considering loving off to the cabin for a couple weeks depending on how bad things get.

I mean this is a pretty rich person take but yeah. it's not about "not going outside" it's about "not being within range of catching the virus from someone else"

in this regard, most of the middle of the country / not-big-cities are set up reasonably well as long as people can loving STOP GOING TO BARS (they won't, we dead)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

so do you have like a big dirt runway out there, or is it cliff-adjacent and you get to liftoff speed in the fall?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
noted good at dealing with coronavirus country, Italy

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Here's a thought - give everyone money and also let people take poo poo outta their retirement accounts untaxed
no need for retirement in the nuclear hellscape

lmao the millenials retirement accounts are the same $20 they keep sending each other on venmo

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
just move your tiny nazi podiums further apart

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

that's a made up name

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Hey are those Corona gang tags still available? I would like to spread the corona virus to the boomers please.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Gunshow Poophole posted:

I mean this is a pretty rich person take but yeah. it's not about "not going outside" it's about "not being within range of catching the virus from someone else"

in this regard, most of the middle of the country / not-big-cities are set up reasonably well as long as people can loving STOP GOING TO BARS (they won't, we dead)

cabin is an a-frame that doesn't have running water, its the absolute opposite of rich person cabin.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

democrats want to keep the payments from going to anyone making 120k+ or whatever, but don't really seem to get that means testing is really dumb right now and getting cash to affected people is far superior to flitting about worrying about a millionaire getting a thousand dollar check while rome burns

they also want to keep the payment from going to single adults with no kids, because these plans always screw them over, or unemployed people, or people too marginalized to give af about taxes

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

"Bento Albuquerque" lmoaoooo

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

cool so it'll be like last year during the shutdown where a bunch of yokels overran everything and left trash all over the place!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/ActualAlexZ/status/1240340929703284736
lmao I'm gonna die

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

so do you have like a big dirt runway out there, or is it cliff-adjacent and you get to liftoff speed in the fall?

Schnorks is STO/VL

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

jared's company can now sell them for 1.5 billion

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Japanese baseball game rear end name, I'm not falling for it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

thanks, jack

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

just move your tiny nazi podiums further apart

no, closer

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

if i answered this you could google earth it and find me and thats just weird epic high five please don't doxx me

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/njdotcom/status/1240341836054573059

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

no word if he is kawaii, but the fever has turned him pinku

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I cant even watch the news despite the seriousness of all this they are just being loving ridiculous haha

By CNN’s own reckoning $2.5T would be needed in the hands of workers and industries as the US stimulus but yes it is v flashy and lol

Basically this

https://twitter.com/northmantrader/status/1240290622952615939?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I'm gonna go fishing. not gonna catch poo poo but the roni