Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

funkybottoms posted:

i hope they're paying you. we're lucky that we sell a lot of package in grocery and convenience stores, so hopefully our sales don't drop off too much during this poo poo and i can keep making beer

I have no clue, we’ll probably find out tomorrow. I imagine they’ll pay us our base salary and hold back any commission until it’s over. No idea though. But yeah, grocery stores will probably still sell a lot of package over the next few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

RIP to Euclid Hall in Denver :(

https://www.westword.com/restaurants/euclid-hall-will-end-ten-year-run-in-larimer-square-on-march-17-11665456

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Mahoning posted:

So with bars and restaurants being closed my job as a craft beer salesman is probably gonna be on hold for awhile. Jokes on them though, I just got 15 cases of samples last week that are sitting in my garage. So I’m ready for the apocalypse.

My drinkolences

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

funkybottoms posted:

yeah, you live in VA
I'm new and didn't realize you're in Richmond. Do you recommend any breweries in the Charlottesville area? Of course there's a whole brewery trail down in Nellysford, but I wanted to try out some more local places after work. You know, after the apocalypse ends.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Furious Lobster posted:

I chanced upon a case of Special Herbs and bought it. Love how it’s readily available.

I think this past summer was the last time Upright released a batch of Special Herbs. If that's true, then congrats on getting 1 of the 144 cases they released. I haven't seen it in bottles for a while now here in Portland. Special Herbs owns.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Some local breweries are getting past the closures and just selling growlers,crowlers, cans and bottles for pick up only. Kinda smart really. Sadly alot of my favorite bars can't do this and have to close close for how ever long

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm new and didn't realize you're in Richmond. Do you recommend any breweries in the Charlottesville area?

Potters Cider? i would have said Devil's Backbone a few years ago, but not now that they're an AB brewery...

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Some local breweries are getting past the closures and just selling growlers,crowlers, cans and bottles for pick up only. Kinda smart really. Sadly alot of my favorite bars can't do this and have to close close for how ever long

Yep, this is what we're doing. No growlers though, just crowlers because of cross-contamination concerns. Our distributor told us today that they're not buying any draught beer for the foreseeable future so be prepared to drink nothing but old rear end beer for a while once bars reopen.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
We had 14 bars in the entire state of Ohio buy a keg in some form today. That number on a typical Monday would probably be upwards of 100.

edit: last Monday we sent more than 280 kegs to over 175 different accounts. Today we sent 16 to 14.

Mahoning fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 17, 2020

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

meanwhile in the Bay Area...

this sucks

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

meanwhile in the Bay Area...

this sucks

Cellarmaker is selling cases of their latest release (from today) for shipping within CA via GSO. Went ahead and bought a case from them, and waiting to buy more beer from breweries outside DTLA as they start offering. Highland Park said they'd be doing local deliveries as well, so waiting to hear what they implement.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

we got smart and ordered extra cans, so we're going with more package and less draft this week. distributors still want draft, but i bet that won't be the case next week

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Good luck to all the industry people in this thread, hope you make it through this okay. I'm buying gift cards to places I'd normally go to, probably load up on cans from various places on my next day off as well.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

internet celebrity posted:

so be prepared to drink nothing but old rear end beer for a while once bars reopen.

*laughs in PBR and HighLifes*

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

dphi posted:

Good luck to all the industry people in this thread, hope you make it through this okay. I'm buying gift cards to places I'd normally go to, probably load up on cans from various places on my next day off as well.

A bunch of Chicago breweries have set up GoFundMe sites to allow you to throw tips at the workers...

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

consensual poster posted:

I think this past summer was the last time Upright released a batch of Special Herbs. If that's true, then congrats on getting 1 of the 144 cases they released. I haven't seen it in bottles for a while now here in Portland. Special Herbs owns.

Oh wow, I didn't realize it was that limited! There are still a few bottles left in San Diego if people want to try it; I i highly recommend it.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

danbanana posted:

A bunch of Chicago breweries have set up GoFundMe sites to allow you to throw tips at the workers...

Buy merch from your local breweries!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Buy merch from your local breweries!

Yes! But that goes to the company. The servers and bussers and bartenders missing tips- even if the company is still paying their wages.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My local brew is very small. The brewers are usually working the bar too

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

a local brewery is doing curb side pick up for online orders when we're supposed to all shelter in place and only leave the house for "essential" supplies

good or bad look?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

a local brewery is doing curb side pick up for online orders when we're supposed to all shelter in place and only leave the house for "essential" supplies

good or bad look?

booze is essential, the cops know this too

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

good or bad look?

Most of the Twin Cities breweries are doing this too. A few are even doing deliveries even though that's technically illegal. I think they had a conversation with law enforcement because they were on the fence about that a few days ago.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

Most of the Twin Cities breweries are doing this too. A few are even doing deliveries even though that's technically illegal. I think they had a conversation with law enforcement because they were on the fence about that a few days ago.

AFAIK this is the only brewery in the Bay Area doing this. we are shut the gently caress down

edit: nm, Drake's just literally posted they're open for to go. I guess beer is essential after all

FYAD SECRETARY fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 17, 2020

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

good or bad look?

who? you or the brewery?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

a bunch of spots in town were doing pick-ups and a few- us included- were also making deliveries. got a decent number of orders, some of which were quite large. no kegs, though.

hopefully when the inevitable lockdown comes (72 hours max, feel free to quote me) making beer will be one of the exclusions so i can keep working. if not... well, maybe we'll get bored enough that i'll try to teach a fifteen year-old girl how to play Magic: The Gathering

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Still selling beer down here in SC off premise. On premise has basically come to a halt though even without a mandatory closure

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

funkybottoms posted:

a bunch of spots in town were doing pick-ups and a few- us included- were also making deliveries. got a decent number of orders, some of which were quite large. no kegs, though.

hopefully when the inevitable lockdown comes (72 hours max, feel free to quote me) making beer will be one of the exclusions so i can keep working. if not... well, maybe we'll get bored enough that i'll try to teach a fifteen year-old girl how to play Magic: The Gathering

I tried out Key forge recently and that brought me back to vibes when I learned MTG in elementary school!

Everyone's switched into to-go in Texas. Jester King is even open 7 days now :shittypop:

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Stopped by excellent neighborhood brewery Halfway Crooks for some cans, which they just started doing.

Thought some of yall would get a kick out of the name. It’s a 4.8% dunkel and really tastes like a session English barleywine. Definitely a good amount of Maris Otter happening. Nutty and caramelly. Love how flavorful and complex this is for the ABV.

Apache
May 11, 2004

FL Governor just shut down all bars and night clubs, which tap rooms get classified as if they don't serve food. Almost all of the local breweries are doing to go orders and curbside pickup with reservation times. A few just decided to shut down their tap rooms temporarily without any to go options.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Apache posted:

FL Governor just shut down all bars and night clubs, which tap rooms get classified as if they don't serve food. Almost all of the local breweries are doing to go orders and curbside pickup with reservation times. A few just decided to shut down their tap rooms temporarily without any to go options.

Illinois' relatively recent allowance for bars to fill growlers might actually help some places significantly now. Beer Temple has pushed out a couple things about their availability, which I'm not sure if they allowed before. But you gotta get sell those drafts somehow!

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
Social Distancing: Night 1

What have you goons been drinking to keep yourselves occupied?

atothesquiz fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 18, 2020

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH
nothing

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Mandatory WFH, mandatory closing down of all breweries in CA. Lots of breweries and bottleshops are now to-go cans only, and one near me started doing same-day delivery out of desperation for cash, I assume. My daycare provider for my 1yo twins (today actually!) closed just for today for disinfection/cleaning, so I've had a loving hell of a day trying to accomplish anything. I did manage to get a delivery order put in for:
- Alvarado St, Vengeful Barbarian
- Humble Sea, Partying's Tough (collab with Alvarado)
- Urban Roots, Nothing can Stop me Now
- Burning Barrel, Dinosaur Mind Control
- Mikkeller, Breakfast Klob Oatmeal Stout

I also live near a New Glory tap room, and they're doing 19% off cans if you buy a case. I took advantage of that. Should last me til the weekend.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 19, 2020

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
wine

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

atothesquiz posted:

Social Distancing: Night 1

What have you goons been drinking to keep yourselves occupied?

Hot toddies so far but the beer is gonna start getting cracked pretty quick. I figure I can try and help out the local beer scene by buying crowlers as the shutdown continues.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

we're still getting a good number of orders; not great, but more than enough to justify the effort. best one was a small, middle-aged woman getting a keg of doppelbock.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

funkybottoms posted:

we're still getting a good number of orders; not great, but more than enough to justify the effort. best one was a small, middle-aged woman getting a keg of doppelbock.

I've been asking a few locals for keg options that don't normally sell their kegs (not due to demand but due to volume). No bites.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

also, if you don't have a big cellar or the ability to stock up right now due to Circumstances, pick a number between 1 and 100 and i'll randomly select a few to ship out tomorrow (assuming work is still a thing)

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004
Good man. I'm plenty stocked and I won one of the last rounds so I'll sit this one out. Again, good on you man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Here’s what’s on the pandemic menu for tonight.