Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://thehotbuttonissue.com/product/membranes/

https://thehotbuttonissue.com/product/protein-printer-brr/

this button design was requested enough times that I put it on my website for sale so I can stockpile more weed, beer, baby wipes and white rice for the apocalypse

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

What if this goes until June and we face the real risk of

Coronicane

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am already getting spam e-mails for a cure for corona virus, and one to receive my $1000 from Trump. lol, these fuckers are unashamed.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Hazo posted:

What if this goes until June and we face the real risk of

Coronicane

According to Contagion, the vaccine goes up your nose

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

let it mellow posted:

coronavirus is.... bitcoin?

No, toilet paper is the new bitcoin.
It certainly has more worth than bitcoin will ever have.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you're in the US and fear you're going to/have already lost your job due to the quarantine, here's a thread on r/personalfinance with links and resources for each state.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

New Orleans chat:

New Orleans the city shut down yeah and flooded to heck

However half the city either left just before, or in the weeks after, moved permanently to (80%) Houston (15%) Dallas and (5%) other parts of Louisiana. Katrina was bad for New Orleans, but had zero impact on the surrounding cities, except a bunch of funny-talkin' people hanging out at the bus stops for about 6 months afterwards

Hopes Fall posted:

*Superstorm Sandy has entered the chat*

Yeah but realistically NYC only shut down for what 6 days? The subway was only flooded for 2-3 days? If you were more than three miles from the coast or estuaries, Sandy didn't directly impact anyone.

The Roni has basically shut down the entire global economy for nearly four weeks now, crippled supply lines from China etc... there's nowhere to go to escape this, except maybe Wuhan

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i'm so tired of hearing about whatever the masked singer horse poo poo is at this point i wish i would get the drat virus and die

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

doctorfrog posted:

Kid out of school, wife and I both have jobs that depend on community interaction, and hers just vaporized, and I have no idea if the work I'm doing today will go on existing. We're pretty bummed too. We had one of those half-coded over-the-kid's-head conversations last night how attractive the notion of just becoming human lumps that consume Netflix for the 72 hours would be, but that's not an option with a child out of school who deserves a little optimism. Maybe we'll take turns.

I don't wanna even think about how competitive the job market is going to be on the rebound.

Cold comfort: there's a lotta folks in same or worse holding patterns, at least we're sorta not alone, maybe, I guess?

I’m going to see if I can at least get my old EMS job back to stem the financial bleeding. I don’t really want to do it and the pay sucks but it’s better than sitting at home. At the very least I’ll have the feeling of doing something about the whole situation, that should do something for the ol’ mental health. The despair is the worst part.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I'm thinking about showing my dick on the internet for money, order delicately running the idea past the missus, but as always, probably late to the game

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

happyhippy posted:

No, toilet paper is the new bitcoin.
It certainly has more worth than bitcoin will ever have.

I thought toilet paper was buttcoin

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vashro posted:

Wuhan Flu ain't nothin to gently caress with

We aren’t doing this poo poo itt please

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Never stop posting.

Thanks to you I have been able to help slightly withing my own circle. The virus hasn't had a known patient with it in our area yet but I have some friends who have lost their job because of this and are in normal status for now but this alone has been able to help my friends somewhat over this.

Thank you again Cjacobs.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Hadlock posted:

Yeah but realistically NYC only shut down for what 6 days? The subway was only flooded for 2-3 days? If you were more than three miles from the coast or estuaries, Sandy didn't directly impact anyone.

The Roni has basically shut down the entire global economy for nearly four weeks now, crippled supply lines from China etc... there's nowhere to go to escape this, except maybe Wuhan

nah, sandy was brutal.

my dad who was in central nj, maybe 25-30 miles from a shoreline at worst left around day 13 of no power because he was a stubborn boomer..13 was the amount of time it took to break him he told me, day 14 he decided to leave.
if he hadn't died last year this thing woulda merc'd him for sure..he was the right kinda storm of pain in the rear end don't tell me what to do entitled + health issues + 70s that i'd be worried every day in this

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

wait wasnt this the thread title a month ago

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

This is me but with weed.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

let it mellow posted:

I thought toilet paper was buttcoin

Only if you meet the seller in a Denny's car park and listen to a sale presentation on investing in their anime figurine selling online.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bob dobbs is dead posted:

wait wasnt this the thread title a month ago

Yes, but the context has changed and so has the situation. Hence the warn and no probe.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

i thought this was a comedy forum

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

happyhippy posted:

Only if you meet the seller in a Denny's car park and listen to a sale presentation on investing in their anime figurine selling online.

yeah and then use Denny s toilet paper, why are you watching me

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Speaking of which we need a new title

Lotti Fuehrscheim
Jun 13, 2019

On the creepy scale it reminds me of the Chernobyl disaster in 1986.

I was working in the physics department in Nijmegen, Netherlands at the time, and for some time the clouds of radiation swerved over Europe, while we didn't know how bad they would be, and when they would reach us.

At least, when the first contaminated rain fell on my garden, it turned out that for Western Europe the damage was temporary and limited.

Otherwise, I have read so many science fiction novels of disasters in my youth, and in my current reading of history plagues are so much part of the story, that current events almost feel like a deja vu.

What is special today, is that so many people expect that technology will protect them, and if not, than that must be somebody's fault. So they start quarrelling over the guilt question.

It used to be just an angry God.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

Yes, but the context has changed and so has the situation. Hence the warn and no probe.

This isn't D$D, Burt. We need a comedic outlet for this poo poo.

*coughs*

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Burt Sexual posted:

We Are All Gonna Die: ..did you just cough?!?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

kloa posted:

Burt the mod ain’t nothing to gently caress with

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

so wheres randall flagg anyway

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hadlock posted:

NYC subways are STILL repairing damage from Sandy. You do know NYC is literally on the water right?

quote:

At least 53 people died in New York as a result of the storm. Thousands of homes and an estimated 250,000 vehicles were destroyed during the storm, and the economic losses in New York City were estimated to be roughly $19 billion[3] with an estimated $32.8 billion required for restoration across the state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_Hurricane_Sandy_in_New_York

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It's mucus not mucyou

<< my vote for Toppic

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

kloa posted:

poo poo started to get real racist. I’m not going to litigate this here. Open a qqcs thread.

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.

zer0spunk posted:

as a pothead that always seemed like a fun kinda gig...weed sommelier if you will...not so much?

- Tips suck, if you get them
- You get jaded real quick to products ever being different or better
- Rules and regulations are arbitrary and time consuming to adhere to
- Cannabis-educated customers are impossible to please
- Cannabis-ignorant customers are impossible to please

It just generally sucks.

I used to run one, have worked at several.

In the context of all of this - at most dispensaries I've known the gross, weird goony guy who nobody likes is the guy in the back packing all the "House Blend" Pre-rolls which are the cheapest item and often free. This guy doesn't wash his hands.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
This poo poo sucks I’m going to bed

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
The virus I’m sure the thread will figure itself out

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Everyone is saying g that

It's Mucus Not Mucyou

Is what the thread title should be

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m going to see if I can at least get my old EMS job back to stem the financial bleeding. I don’t really want to do it and the pay sucks but it’s better than sitting at home. At the very least I’ll have the feeling of doing something about the whole situation, that should do something for the ol’ mental health. The despair is the worst part.

Not the worst idea, karma wise. If I go on unemployment, and I get the disease and survive, maybe I can get some volunteer work going. Cuz you're right, doing something positive sounds better than making jokes about not wanting to run out of weed.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

sweet thursday posted:

Everyone is saying g that

It's Mucus Not Mucyou

Is what the thread title should be

But this is a comedy forum

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

- Tips suck, if you get them
- You get jaded real quick to products ever being different or better
- Rules and regulations are arbitrary and time consuming to adhere to
- Cannabis-educated customers are impossible to please
- Cannabis-ignorant customers are impossible to please

It just generally sucks.

I used to run one, have worked at several.

In the context of all of this - at most dispensaries I've known the gross, weird goony guy who nobody likes is the guy in the back packing all the "House Blend" Pre-rolls which are the cheapest item and often free. This guy doesn't wash his hands.

well that's a huge bummer

and the hand thing is gnarly..but then again i had a dealer with 5 cats once and i know statistically i've smoked my fair share of cat hair so i can't judge

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Scrolled through 500 new posts since I checled this thread in the early morning thinking some real big poo poo went down but it's all been fighting and shitposting so I guess that's... good?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

sweet thursday posted:

This isn't D$D, Burt. We need a comedic outlet for this poo poo.

*coughs*

Oh I get that, so do I. Let’s make jokes and chat. Relax people

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
We Are All Gonna Die: DIY home thermometer conversion info here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

angryrobots posted:

But this is a comedy forum

We are goons and we overcum