Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

can we have spaces in our island names? My friend just suggested 'Rona Isle' has just the right blend of 'sounds kinda exotic' and also not wrong about why I'm gonna be spending a good month or so building it to begin with...

Yeah, spaces are fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
https://chaser.com.au/world/who-demands-animal-crossing-be-released-to-encourage-self-isolation/

I'm assuming this is the Aussie version of the onion.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
I know everyone in this game refers to you as a kid but in my mind I'm the kind of washed up alcoholic who runs the paddleboard rental in Ocean City

http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=A-A-s-G-G-s-f-f-s-e-f-e-f-e-c-s&title=Margaritaville

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Eiba posted:

Edit: Whoops misread you. You're just talking about Amiibo stuff, aren't you.

Yeah, I meant the Amiibo stuff.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Squashing Machine posted:

I know everyone in this game refers to you as a kid but in my mind I'm the kind of washed up alcoholic who runs the paddleboard rental in Ocean City

http://tunes.nooknet.net/?melody=A-A-s-G-G-s-f-f-s-e-f-e-f-e-c-s&title=Margaritaville

And this time around you have the option to have facial hair, so your villager can have a neckbeard.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/Kekeflipnote/status/1240369457731600385?s=09

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Pretty sure Nintendo's banned folks from online stuff for that before.

From what reviewers were saying, it sounds like the online stuff wasn't in the game yet, though the 1.1 probably adds it in.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
animal crossing

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Waffleman_ posted:

From what reviewers were saying, it sounds like the online stuff wasn't in the game yet, though the 1.1 probably adds it in.

Sorry, I meant from using their general online services after being caught. I did a quick search, I think this is what I was thinking of, it's a bit less clear in terms of whether it was just illegitimate copies.

Just an FYI from the game deals thread, I hadn't expected the physical copy to drop :tenbux: before release. Not that it would've changed my mind about digital, but just in case anyone was still wanting the cartridge version for some reason.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

A

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
N

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

controversial but i'll allow it

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Just an FYI from the game deals thread, I hadn't expected the physical copy to drop :tenbux: before release. Not that it would've changed my mind about digital, but just in case anyone was still wanting the cartridge version for some reason.

Amazon is saying the physical copy is currently unavailable? That's wild.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Yet another reason to gently caress the street date, shun physical retailers, and push the button

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

strange if true

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dazerbeams posted:

It's the apocalypse outside, restocking video games is probably low on their list of things to do.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

humanimal crossing

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

delightful, if true

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

mods!?

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

I'm so excited to be on Pacific time :dance:

Also my pre-order seems to be screwed up, so I took a chance and went to Fred Meyer on Sunday morning and they had one last Animal Crossing special edition Switch. :aaaaa:

My husband is getting the game too, and I told him that he better not run around my island with his pink-haired character catching butterflies or making a constellation out of our initials which I know he would do.

(cross referencing another thread ;) )

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

It's the apocalypse outside, restocking video games is probably low on their list of things to do.

To the point they aren’t bringing them into the warehouses right now. Whatever they ordered from Nintendo before all this happened is all they have for a while.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Dazerbeams posted:

Huh, that was fast. Well, I saw it mentioned on twitter too afterwards so there were plenty of folks to snap up copies.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I'm really loving glad I switched over to digital. I felt a bit over reactionary when I did it, scoffing at the idea of our mail system failing. But here we are.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Digital all the way. The guy on the SA-Matt selling codes for 10% off and being able to buy things on the eShop tax free makes it a no brainer.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Isn't there a patch going live tonight people can download early?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It looks like the patch will be out in like half an hour.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Has there been any hint of the NES games being in the game?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

neurotech posted:

No nintendo stuff has been found at all, be it furniture or costumes. Also given that NES/SNES library on the switch I kinda doubt it.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

neurotech posted:

They’re never gonna have that feature ever again.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

In My Soup.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Wait, I can't get Majora's Mask like in New Leaf?

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Zore posted:

10 total, and there aren't any automatic prefixes or suffixes

Flavortown it is

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Definitely going to name the island Zanzibar. It's a shame "Shadow Moses" is one character too many. Well two, I guess.

Theotus fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 19, 2020

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SyRauk posted:

Wait, I can't get Majora's Mask like in New Leaf?

the key thing here is probably that you cant get it yet. unlike past games it sounds like they're going to be patching in events and special item sets and stuff over time, when they get ready to hand them out. so when there's some long breaks between holidays i imagine we're likely to see them be like "oh here's a promo set for the new Zelda!" and its all the stuff from past games and then some new stuff for the new one.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/1240447268102246400

Reggie did this himself, I'm sure. Make it happen for Animal Crossing, Reg. MAKE IT HAPPEN

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
fyi the update is live, just go to your preloaded game, hit options, then check for update. mine is downloading now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

https://twitter.com/ACNewHorizonsEN/status/1240450074859245569?s=20