Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

And because we have FPTP elections, that means you're effectively voting for Trump.

yes
Edit:
https://twitter.com/aleashuhh/status/1237759872134836224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bird cooch posted:

Less here, but the hyperbole is through the roof.

Gbs being a poo poo show? Yeah, duh. But d&d has inmates running the asylum. It's out of control.
When Warren dropped I had already voted so I didn't need to come to terms. I just waited to see how it shook out.

With the Coronavirus stuff I’m wondering why D&D feels obligated to misery-jerk over everything. The positive news gets met with “it’s not enough, we’re hosed!” and stories about places shutting down like people were desperately demanding likewise get met with “if they shut down we’re hosed!”

That can’t possible be cathartic, it’s just a spiral.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The Venn Diagram of Extremely Online and Clinical Depression is probably almost a single circle.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Wait, I thought her whereabouts were still unknown?

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Fallom posted:

With the Coronavirus stuff I’m wondering why D&D feels obligated to misery-jerk over everything. The positive news gets met with “it’s not enough, we’re hosed!” and stories about places shutting down like people were desperately demanding likewise get met with “if they shut down we’re hosed!”

That can’t possible be cathartic, it’s just a spiral.

Yeah I had to tap out of most of the political internet cause it seems to be turd tossing or flagellation right now. There's bigger stuff going on and that's enough for me.

D&D is outta control. There's no real moderation. Just screaming.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
https://mobile.twitter.com/business...%3D1449%23pti21

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

This thread is the closest thing to D&D I've been able to tolerate for at least a year.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Like the government, or the Trump organization lmao

brains
May 12, 2004

just loving :lmao:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Qantas just ended international flights.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Guys I'm starting to think PCM doesn't like Warren.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Qantas just ended international flights.

poo poo's moving fast. It's weird to describe how it feels to watch. Like on the one hand, it's dizzying as hell; on the other hand, it's reassuring that poo poo's getting done.

I hope we managed to do it in time for most cities here in the US. Others are going to be overwhelmed, like-- really soon.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Twitter is a toilet and this image is stupid as poo poo. Use your own drat words and have an original thought for once.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

bird cooch posted:

[America] is outta control. There's no real moderation. Just screaming.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Fair.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

hunter biden if joe hadn't been there to bail him out every time he hosed up

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Twitter is a toilet and this image is stupid as poo poo. Use your own drat words and have an original thought for once.

It expresses well the feelings of anyone left of center-right and avoids the "I'm going to poo poo myself and smear it all over everyone else" whargarbling of the "if it's not Bernie, I chose Trump" nitwits.
Granted, it expresses feelings, not analysis, so don't expect too much out of it.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Old Boot posted:

poo poo's moving fast. It's weird to describe how it feels to watch. Like on the one hand, it's dizzying as hell; on the other hand, it's reassuring that poo poo's getting done.

I hope we managed to do it in time for most cities here in the US. Others are going to be overwhelmed, like-- really soon.

My entire job has been consumed by COVID. Without going into a lot of detail, I’ve been trying to help people evacuate back to the US from numerous countries- most of which have seen single digit or zero COVID cases- before the hammer falls. Over the past few days, I’ve dealt with someone who can evacuate but their family can’t, another person whose family was turned away due to internal airline policies, and others in similar or worse positions.

I think a lot of people believe that we’re at the middle of this thing, but really it’s just the beginning. Once people realize this, I think the panic rat will really be turned loose.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/ProfSharona/status/1240336761391214592?s=20 :smith:

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Watching this whole thing unfold has the same surreal feeling that as watching a movie?

I dunno it just doesn’t really feel like reality. I need to log off for a while I think.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Take Monty for a walk.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

For real, Luca is the best coping mechanism I've ever come across. One look at :luca: and I can't be unhappy

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

For real, Luca is the best coping mechanism I've ever come across. One look at :luca: and I can't be unhappy

:3

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/LiquidFaerie/status/1240391906506551298

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Woofer posted:

Watching this whole thing unfold has the same surreal feeling that as watching a movie?

I dunno it just doesn’t really feel like reality. I need to log off for a while I think.

When you add in things like the Australian fires not long before all this, a sudden loving earthquake in Salt Lake, and huge swarms of locusts, it definitely feels like some kid's first attempt at directing a blockbuster ~end of days~ film, yeah.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Woofer posted:

It's so weird. Dreamlike almost. This must be what psychosis feels like

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I read earlier that Trump is referring to this as the KUNG FLU and God help me that's so bad and dumb it wrapped back around to being funny

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Might want to edit that, because it's racist/xenophobic. McNally is paddling people for it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

TCD posted:

Soil liquefaction is pretty crazy.

It's also what's going to destroy everything in the SL Valley if the Wasatch Fault ever decides to wake up.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

It's also what's going to destroy everything in the SL Valley if the Wasatch Fault ever decides to wake up.
But Heavenly Father wouldn't allow that.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

orange juche posted:

Might want to edit that, because it's racist/xenophobic. McNally is paddling people for it.

Can he paddle the POTUS?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
So there won't be a vaccine for at least a year. Global societies and economies can't sustain this level of shutdown for that long or even half that long.

What's next?

Do we just decide that grandpa is going to be dead by next spring?

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

A Bad Poster posted:

Wait, I thought her whereabouts were still unknown?

Yeah, that's my recollection too. I assume that she's speaking to her lawyer and the phone number and postal address her lawyer has for her are protected attorney-client information? :shrug:

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Trump is referring to this as the KUNG FLU

I guess he's listening to his supporters :negative:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

So there won't be a vaccine for at least a year. Global societies and economies can't sustain this level of shutdown for that long or even half that long.

What's next?

Better treatments along the way to a vaccine. There are some existing medications that may help that wouldn’t need the same amount of testing. Ramping up the production of medical supplies will also help.

Also I imagine the vaccine will be opened up to various groups of people long before we completely determine that it doesn’t make you poo poo out your eyeballs.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Fox News and Tucker Carlson say Stanford tested malaria meds on 40 people and they were all somehow cured, guys!

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Stultus Maximus posted:

What's next?

South Korea is the example. Expand testing drastically; quarantine those infected. It would allow social distancing measures to be reduced or eliminated if we have comprehensive test system.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Were they cured of malaria

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Old Boot posted:

big structural nothing

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Here’s my cat moo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Triangle boy