Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh right there are still 666,420 votes to be counted in California last I checked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

You are correct. But that's not going to matter in November.

how do you figure that the dems contributing to killing off up to a quarter or so of their older voters doesn't affect the election? or are you saying that we won't have elections or what are you even saying here

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

drat that owns

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

A big flaming stink posted:

turns out not literally every democrat is a loving spineless idiot

https://twitter.com/maxberger/status/1240458828107386881

now we just have to loving hope and pray pelosi doesnt get her hands on it and preemptively pare it down in the spirit of cOmPrOmIsE

this plan only punishes those who budgeted correctly and paid their debts off

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

hey does anyone have that tweet of a feminist critiquing warren about her past at harvard? i'm having a hard time finding it

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Broken Machine posted:

how do you figure that the dems contributing to killing off up to a quarter or so of their older voters doesn't affect the election? or are you saying that we won't have elections or what are you even saying here

Trump was always going to win if the nominee wasn't Bernie.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

now we just have to loving hope and pray pelosi doesnt get her hands on it and preemptively pare it down in the spirit of cOmPrOmIsE

Suspending credit card payments is great, and I see they're also wanting to suspend accruing interest & fees. That's good poo poo!

Also, does mortgages include rent?

This is definitely a big step in the right direction. Gimme that rent forgiveness tho

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

no lies detected ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Chuka Umana posted:

He also planned to find cures for alzheimers as well.

lmao he's so self centered

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/mrcharlespayton/status/1240465764529762304

:thermidor:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
First day in over a week without a Biden video clip fwiw

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Streak posted:

this plan only punishes those who budgeted correctly and paid their debts off

Did you miss the last 60 years? America is a consumer economy, it's your duty as a citizen to accrue debt by spending on purchases beyond your means to contribute to the rising tide that lifts all boats

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

God drat every word of this is true but this really hits home.

quote:

I understand: You have a small business, you are on the board of a local charity, you have two kids or three grandkids to look after. You have to be so many different things to so many different people. Our advantage in that area is that we are only ever one thing, namely losers. We are losers when we wake up and losers when we lay down to sleep. We have dead-end loser jobs or no jobs at all. We date losers or do not date. We can argue about what Bernie did wrong, but the problem may simply be that he ran a campaign by, of, and for losers.

Regardless of the age, race, religion, gender of anyone in the Bernie coalition, we're all losers. The great liberal harry potter hat has sorted us all into the trash. We have no hope of a brighter future under the status quo and we absolutely will not support it.

If Democrats have any chance of winning this year they have to internalize the message they've sent to us their whole lives. You are on your own and no help is coming.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

that's a really good proposal, and enough money with those provisions to cover most people. i wonder if it has any chance of passing

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
sometimes i remember that the dnc threw the primary behind an aging man with obvious dementia whose entire campaign is "remember obama? what if we did that again"

and i laugh

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Because this is pure chaos timeline and the door to the left is currently wide open I can literally see a future where the DNC/MSNBC/CNN all melt the Sanders campaign with the power of neolib ghouls. Then during the general Trump walks though that door and drops Medicare for All bill exactly how Bernie purposed it on the house floor not giving a gently caress about the health insurance industry and instantly Torpedoes not only Biden's run but also destroys the Democrat Party and successfully does something Obama failed to do, 1000% better. Then just walks off and golfs for four years as liberals continue to not understand how they lost.

Trump would have gained everything he ever wanted. Popularity, Crying Liberals, Democrat party in tatters and disgrace Obama's presidency.

There is a non-zero chance this insane man does this.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Broken Machine posted:

that's a really good proposal, and enough money with those provisions to cover most people. i wonder if it has any chance of passing

Not with pelosi at the helm.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol @ that obvious Dolezal boy

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao @ the gormless dnd libs

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

it's wild that 2020 will be the year of neoliberals vs strasserites

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

OK someone run the math for me. There are 535 members of congress and they skew old. How many of each party are statistically likely to die.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nonsense posted:

lmao @ the gormless dnd libs

Seriously weird invasion last couple of days. Deploy the gas.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Reverence posted:

hey does anyone have that tweet of a feminist critiquing warren about her past at harvard? i'm having a hard time finding it

its in the good post reference thread although i cant imagine what use you could have for it now

its also got a fuckton of content about joe biden being senile and also documentary evidence of groping children if you really need to motivate yourself to take a cold shower

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

OK someone run the math for me. There are 535 members of congress and they skew old. How many of each party are statistically likely to die.

100% of them i'd say

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

oops ^^^ trick question eh

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

remember to factor in that they will not be fighting for healthcare availability with the proles

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Drinkfist posted:

Because this is pure chaos timeline and the door to the left is currently wide open I can literally see a future where the DNC/MSNBC/CNN all melt the Sanders campaign with the power of neolib ghouls. Then during the general Trump walks though that door and drops Medicare for All bill exactly how Bernie purposed it on the house floor not giving a gently caress about the health insurance industry and instantly Torpedoes not only Biden's run but also destroys the Democrat Party and successfully does something Obama failed to do, 1000% better. Then just walks off and golfs for four years as liberals continue to not understand how they lost.

Trump would have gained everything he ever wanted. Popularity, Crying Liberals, Democrat party in tatters and disgrace Obama's presidency.

Reminds me of this meme some libs were posting while freaking out after Trumo's election.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

pathetic little tramp posted:

Suspending credit card payments is great, and I see they're also wanting to suspend accruing interest & fees. That's good poo poo!

This is definitely a big step in the right direction. Gimme that rent forgiveness tho

I don't think the people in charge could ever bring themselves to be that merciful, even if it made sense to do so.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

pathetic little tramp posted:

shutting off rent is a tall order, but uh yeah that would rule

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Drinkfist posted:

i get it that this is a thing being said but this is dumb sorry

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol libertarians gonna libertarian

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

https://twitter.com/DanMagd/status/1240301652843868160

they don't even think they need voters to win in november. this is incredible

They can just stuff the ballots like they did in the primaries.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/1240479976283164681

neera's loving At It Again

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

not like joe biden with his extremely ambitious plans that would guarantee we never suffer anything like the coronavirus pandemic ever again

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

PUSSY MASTER 007 posted:

So Bernie or bust was overblown in 2016, but we're definitely not voting for biden this time right?

don't make me tap the sign

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So, uh, considering one of the so-called wins of the debate was Biden saying "Bernie just keeps talking about M4A but what about the coronavirus, elect me and I'll invade the poo poo of out the coronavirus with a SURGE"

Has the Biden camp actually released a plan or supported any of the plans on the table

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
are the right wing dems trying to be an austerity party during a depression. holy poo poo

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I don't remember that ever happening. He lied or falsely implied about his LGBT stance when he held up a rainbow flag, and he falsely implied he'd have an isolationist foreign policy by talking about withdrawing from NATO, but I don't remember him ever implying he'd be for single-payer. Citation needed.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

bidens coronavirus plan during the debate was get a bunch of experts together and ask them what to do and also invade china if they dont give us their coronavirus tech

it was completely deranged and insane but the pundits decided he won anyway because you win debates on tone not by saying things that arent batshit crazy

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

galenanorth posted:

I don't remember that ever happening. He lied or falsely implied about his LGBT stance when he held up a rainbow flag, and he falsely implied he'd have an isolationist foreign policy by talking about withdrawing from NATO, but I don't remember him ever implying he'd be for single-payer. Citation needed.

I do remember people in d&d talking about it in 2015/2016, but admittedly I don't remember if it was people talking about they themselves believing it or other people believing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

galenanorth posted:

shes referring to trumps dementia brain saying “everyone will be covered” or something to that effect