Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Sair posted:

I just like playing on a map that isn't lanes.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Frontline kind of clicked for me finally. I honestly think apart from engineering the best consumable is the spotting plane. Also, just assume you are always going to be spotted because something is funky with the cover in that mode and people seem to be able to spot you at full view range regardless.

Always take the flanks before you cap. There are some points when defending that you can sit in the cap circle and the enemy can't shoot you, and if they are trying to cap you will get a gently caress ton of points. Those games are usually always general.

I always started in a heavy armoured tank and played hull down. Helped me get a feel for where people were going without risking my tank too much. Players seem to pick a spot they like to attack/defend from and stick to it.

Also the lt-432 is busted in this game mode (and in general really). It's bonkers how good it is for the tier.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
~*Just Atomizer Things*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ktojXCGHJI

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5273561?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Hey old goons. Remember when your shells did poo poo like this all the time?

https://i.imgur.com/uXmCO0i.mp4

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

JuffoWup posted:

They still do.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Doesn't Ranked start today? :smithicide:

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Crazyeyes24 posted:

They still do.

They fixed that ... right?! Now they just disappear completely.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

JuffoWup posted:

Oh my god I actually got mad at this alot during Frontlines. I played enough Frontlines for one day on Sunday when I had to grind out this silly mode:

If anyone cares here is my winning formula. Start the game with the progetto 46. LT-432 / EBR 75 if you want to play the luck game. Your objective is to get on point as fast as possible with high engineering skill to throw people off; if you are lucky then the enemy will expose themselves for your teammates to clean up.

If you fail the first step and die then go full camo. I personally used the SU-130PM to glide along and get free hits defending and attacking. Depending on the situation I usually switch to OP as poo poo tanks like the TS-5 / Defender / Obj 703 II / LT-432 if I want to change anything I see bad on the enemy team. It's really hard to say what you should pick but if you can quickly change something pick a fast tank. If you want to be slow and still gently caress poo poo up chose the TS-5.

Once the Progetto is out of cooldown always chose it over anything else you want to go with in this post.

I did have a lot of shots during Frontline where my shots went through people and now im understanding people who I platoon with a lot.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i had to stop playing with the progetto because it made me play really wierd with it in random battles after spamming it in frontlines. i couldnt make su130pm work in frontlines without dying from boredom.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

This game was hilarious. The stars aligned juuuust right. Top gun In a freaking T21.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I just noticed that they finally addressed a concern about the 3D styles: after they're introduced & removed in the span of a given patch/major update, then they should be in the premium shop thereafter. So you don't have to rush to grind out a tank just to be able to buy a style for it (which was originally the only way to buy them, you had to have the tank in the first place.) I like this clarification, as I approve of the addition of non-balance-altering cosmetics.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Cosmetics will always be the best way for a game company to manage micro transactions. They get eaten up, are less work than new tanks and don't have to worry about introducing broken poo poo that they can never fix.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So they're selling the E25 again.

$33 in the US store, 50€ in the EU store. That's ... not very cheap!

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Lisa Frank skins when

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
This was another one of those games where I wished I clicked the record button. And glad I kinda didn't.

If you are wondering what absolutely messed me up during my bout in E/F 9 a Tortoise won the RNG game with me there as I missed almost all of my shots and he had me permatracked to get crucified by the Tortoise. I made a ton of misplays in the early to mid game it was horrifying. Once the tortoise was out of the picture my brother flanked west with his team and the enemy because stupid and showed off their sides.

The video could have been me making really bad calls in the beginning and then really good calls in the late game. So for now I show you my hand:

T95 is still alive and well at the right place at the right time.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

T95 is still alive and well at the right place at the right time.

I have Major Otreat as my t95 commander too!

*screams*

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Dravs posted:

Cosmetics will always be the best way for a game company to manage micro transactions. They get eaten up, are less work than new tanks and don't have to worry about introducing broken poo poo that they can never fix.

I bought that Irish one they put out for the FV4202, because I loved the look of it so much, and I didn't have an FV4202 so I bought it alongside it.

Bam. Sale. This poo poo is solid gold billionaires.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
Just returned to this dumb game again. Haven't bothered with any mods or stats or whatever this time and that seems to make the whole wot experience more fun? I've also noticed some new annoying and very sturdy t10s in the game though...Only mods I'm really missing is the server crosshair, the counter on the 6th sense sound and the ATAC 50m warning.

Any eurogoons still playing? Would love some guidance as most of the maps seems to have changed slightly since I played. I'm not doing so well were the map/meta is new...

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I'm playing on EU. Add Goodwill and we can do some platoons probably. Also I will find the referral link so you can get (me) free stuff just for playing.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Style for standard T8 research tanks seems not great. Who in their right mind plays standard T8's regularly.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

The IS-3 is a pretty good tank, so I can live with an exception for that one. I wouldn't bother with a T32 or Tiger II skin though.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Sell.Skins.Not.OP.Tanks.

Fake Edit: Nightrider skin for the Batchat.

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011

BadLlama posted:

Style for standard T8 research tanks seems not great. Who in their right mind plays standard T8's regularly.

When did the meta switch away from this? I've been playing off an on since beta, and when I left the vast majority of the population played t8 games. It's where you did your credit grind and where balance was the best. Now it feels like everything is a rush to the tier X and research tank play is only there as a form of gatekeeping.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Oh everyone still plays T8 games, it's just that they all do it in their premium tanks that tech tree things aren't really in a fair fight against.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Dravs posted:

I'm playing on EU. Add Goodwill and we can do some platoons probably. Also I will find the referral link so you can get (me) free stuff just for playing.

I’ll add you in the weekend. Currently a home office quarantine setup using my screen...

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Mark David Chapman posted:

When did the meta switch away from this? I've been playing off an on since beta, and when I left the vast majority of the population played t8 games. It's where you did your credit grind and where balance was the best. Now it feels like everything is a rush to the tier X and research tank play is only there as a form of gatekeeping.

Due to forced +2 mm now, the move is to play tier 9s where you are either +1 to t10s with on par power to them. Or you are in -2 mm and get to stomp on t7s who can't do anything to you.

And for t8 funsies, there are plenty of op t8 premiums to cover that and tree tanks just have no hope against.

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011

JuffoWup posted:

Due to forced +2 mm now, the move is to play tier 9s where you are either +1 to t10s with on par power to them. Or you are in -2 mm and get to stomp on t7s who can't do anything to you.

And for t8 funsies, there are plenty of op t8 premiums to cover that and tree tanks just have no hope against.

Did they get rid of pref mm for all vehicles?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Mark David Chapman posted:

Did they get rid of pref mm for all vehicles?

No, those still exist. However, there is enough power gap that even in +1 with those tanks isn't fun when talking of the t8 premiums. A kv-5 might be hilarious, but it has nothing on things like the is-3a or the defender. And that is same tier. In +1 you get to meet things like obj 430 which used to be a t10 to give you an idea of things.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

BadLlama posted:

i like playing the centurion and t44 right now. the centurion even makes some credits without premium :wow:

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

53TP is the best tier 8 non premium HT now imo. My IS-6 is however worthless or at best inadequate, gonna need to load gold and aim real good to pen a defender with it, wish they'd get rid of it's weak roof and make it Great Again.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
My premium account time ran out and I feel like the game doesn't deserve my money right now. Looking at the recent changes they haven't done anything that needs to be done. It's been a year since WG re-balanced a tank. And they even hosed that up by over nerfing the type 5 (I miss farming those idiots)

Slaapaav posted:

i like playing the centurion and t44 right now. the centurion even makes some credits without premium :wow:

How are you doing with the T-44? I'm getting stomped by the new mediums with 720 dmg burst clips. I do alright, 87% moe currently but only 50% win rate because every other game some 43%er in a burrass pops off a 4k game and kills my whole team.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
its hard to play but the tank has real potential. dpm and camo is very good. extremely low dispersion while moving, aiming and turning. the low profile counteracts the -7 gun depression: it plays hulldown very well, it just does it in different spots than you would in a us/uk tank. my winrate is a horrid 50% but its going up after i got bia. the low viewrange is the worst part of the tank.

i dont have the 5 skill crew to unlock its full potential and im playing like poo poo atm anyway. the high camo/ low viewrange just screams for a good crew.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
code gave me 14 days premium on eu.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/be-safe-2020/

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Free premium time for the length of a self isolation period lol

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Dravs posted:

added you now, prob gonna play for a bit tonight. ingame atm

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Here is the referral link:

https://worldoftanks.eu/referral/b58d09158a6f4e28ad2fd9f1e87e3412

Use that and get free stuff.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Randomly checked the premium store today since I haven’t played in months. E25 for sale, well played WoT.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Also, is accelerated crew training ever worth it? Seems like it does very little accelerating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Also, is accelerated crew training ever worth it? Seems like it does very little accelerating.

Accelerated crew training gives double crew xp to the crew member with the lowest xp (that one will have a little symbol next to it). It does add up over time. The other option is to save that same amount of xp as convertible xp (where you use gold to convert it to free xp). The choice comes down to whether you want to skill up crews slowly or slowly save potential free xp (assuming you have the gold to convert it).